Benjaman Kyle Statement from Owner of Websleuths.com

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my opinion, if as some of you still think, BK has amnesia, I would have to disagree. BK is of an age where it would be supremely important to him to be able to collect on social security as well as participate in medicaid or medicare. If I were in his shoes, I would bend over backward to help anyone by answering questions that could give me back my identity so I could receive help.

People think it's kind of funny when someone says old age isn't for sissies. It isn't. It's a matter of keeping your parts working, and staving off heart and gut troubles, etc. To face old age with nothing would only make a person worry incessantly about their future, and it is for that reason alone that I don't believe BK has amnesia, and I don't know if the doctor reports we have about his amnesia are actual or made up.

Amnesia is an actual medical diagnosis. I have a degree/background in the behavioral sciences and there are different types and specific criteria for diagnosing it. Since BK apparently spent some time in hospitals, it was my understanding that he was assigned an amnesia diagnosis by doctors. It is very hard to fake amnesia- many try unsuccessfully to do that actually- but genuine amnesia is actually quite rare.

The only way to know would be to see his medical records, and to obtain/disclose medical information without a person's consent is illegal.... so unless he wanted to provide that information, we can only guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrograde_amnesia

This is the version BK Doe claims he has. He is even referenced in the article under "see also."
snip
Retrograde amnesia is caused by trauma that results in brain injury. Critical details of the physical changes in the brain that cause retrograde amnesia are still unknown.
snip

I do not know if he has a firm DX of retrograde amnesia or which form it is. In your experience what form of amnesia would cause you to be sent to a psychiatric hospital, rmf, if that aspect of the treatment of BK is true?

I've never been deeply involved with this case as some others but Bk's one of those cases that i'm automatically always looking for when sifting through missing persons lists. Anyways I don't know any of the gritty nitty details either. If some of them are too personal then I totally understand why its not being posted.

BK if you were homeless or not, it doesn't matter there's no shame in it. Some do it by choice and some people have no choice in the matter. I would like for you to at least come back here and at least let everyone know they didn't do all this searching & work for your amusement. At least tell us you've felt you've been honest in your responses. Maybe you really dont know all the details yourself and are filling in the blanks as you go??? There's so many other cases out there that needed/needs attention. I hope you didn't divert that for kicks.. Not saying that you did. Really I was hoping this was all just one big misunderstanding but I think you should take the oppertunity to respond to all these caring people who have invested so much time into your case. They at least deserve that.

But I do trust Tricia, and I know anything that she's doing or has done is in the best interest of her members, websleuths and all others involved. I'd never question her or her decisions. She has her heart in the right place and I know she's doing what she feels is the right thing to do.

I hope this doesn't discourage anyone from helping other cases or make anyone want to leave. If anything consider it a learning experience and move on. One day we'll all be 100 and look back and laugh :p

Rose- Copy and paste!!!! You wouldn't believe how many times i've typed stuff out and lost it after I've hit submit!

The 90/10 rule:

I find it interesting that a half dozen or so sleuths closely investigated and researched this case for the last 3 years or so. Now that this core group who spent 90 percent of the time on any and all research on this case have collectively come to the conclusion based on numerous inconsistencies which seemed to have been very recently pieced together no longer have confidence, trust or faith in this case those who little if any time, are here demanding proof.

Why is that? Where was the interest when there was full faith in the case and Mr. Kyle had not lost his integrity after so many false statements were continously repeated throughout media interviews?
If anyone should clear this up, it should be Mr. Kyle himself. He is the one who has the facts, his medical records and any true reasons why Dr. Phil, GBI, RHPD and some of the first respondents either no longer believe his story or their statement of events contradict the information BK and NB continue to put out there.

We have provided as much information as we were able to uncover......

Mr Kyles choice. He can either clear this up or not..... His story....
but personally, I no longer have enough faith in his story for his case to warrant any more of my time.

Peace

I hope you are not referring to me. I am not "demanding proof" but would like to hear from the people who earlier on this thread claimed to have information that they do not want to give to us. If you have information that you do not want to give then how about not mentioning it?

Also, there were a handful of us who were gently trying to point out to the "90" the inconsistencies with BK over a year ago and we were put in our place for not believing and for pointing out the inconsistencies. I would love to know how exactly you all collectively came to this newfound conclussion...not because I do not believe you....I absolutely DO believe you!

Further, it would have been really hard for me (or the others who had our serious doubts over a year ago) to help you guys sleuth out the truth based on what some of us felt at the time was inconsistent information, half truths, gaping holes and outright lies. I felt then, as I do now, that it would have been a waste of time!

I agree 100%.
Since I joined this BK group, I have always felt there was a "special group" who knew more than I did, and they talked amongst eachother, leaving me out in left field..
I would love for them to post their hearsay .. it then would be up to me to take it or leave it...
It certainly would help me make a decision to carry on or not...

For example.. When did scabies come into the picture? How long did the "special group" know about the scabies... I was told they were fire ants...leading me to beleive BK was not homeless..I thoguht maybe he was dumped there and ants crawled on him and bit him...
Now that they were infact scabies, I tend to believe he may have been a homeless man.

Yes, I remember! :blowkiss: You are a much better person than I....I got frustrated and stopped posting since I really felt there was NO room for a different opinion.

I would really like to see the people in the know post what they know....I think ALL of us deserve to have ALL the info....not just a handful of people. (Kind of difficult for a group of people who live for all the small details of a case to be told they won't be given all the details that others may have.)

You bring up a very interesting idea. If we can find out who he is we can really put this to rest.

I would like to know how everyone else feels about this. Would anyone like to continue to sleuth this situation?

I'd like to help. I've learned a lot in the past year or so that I've been following Benjaman's case, thanks to the great people here. I'd be happy to do whatever I can to help settle this.

Why is there the presumption anyone has 'secret information'? There is none.

The information we have uncovered has been posted.
The questions have been directed to area's of the forum which led to our conclusion.

This is a 'victim friendly forum'. Were we fooled, quite possibly.

The only person out there who can fully clear this up is Mr. Kyle himself. I do not have nor have I seen any information which has not been already shared in this forum.

I agree 100%.
Since I joined this BK group, I have always felt there was a "special group" who knew more than I did, and they talked amongst eachother, leaving me out in left field..
I would love for them to post their hearsay .. it then would be up to me to take it or leave it...
It certainly would help me make a decision to carry on or not...

For example.. When did scabies come into the picture? How long did the "special group" know about the scabies... I was told they were fire ants...leading me to beleive BK was not homeless..I thoguht maybe he was dumped there and ants crawled on him and bit him...
Now that they were infact scabies, I tend to believe he may have been a homeless man.

Yes!!

I, too, would like to know about the scabies!! I had only heard about "fire ants" which are very different! Where did the "fire ant bites" theory come from????

It has only been recent (couple days) that they are now called "scabies"...anything I read prior they were ant bite, or sores...as far as I know..

Yes!!

I, too, would like to know about the scabies!! I had only heard about "fire ants" which are very different! Where did the "fire ant bites" theory come from????

Why is there the presumption anyone has 'secret information'? There is none.

The information we have uncovered has been posted.
The questions have been directed to area's of the forum which led to our conclusion.

This is a 'victim friendly forum'. Were we fooled, quite possibly.

The only person out there who can fully clear this up is Mr. Kyle himself. I do not have nor have I seen any information which has not been already shared in this forum.

Who are you addressing this to?? Me??? Please quote me so I know you are addressing me, if that is the case. Thanks!

Please reread this thread and you will see several people talk about information they can't link to or information they don't want to post....hence my choice of the word "secrecy." Does that answer your question (if indeed your question was directed at me?) :waitasec: I have not meant to imply I feel you have information you are not giving me. I AM interested in the story/process of how the "90" all came to the same conclussion...because a year ago NOTHING would have swayed some of them.

"Victim Friendly Forum" = YES!!!....until there is reason to believe that "victim" is hiding something, dodging questions and evading elements of the truth. Those of us who had our serious doubts before the "90" are still "victim friendly" we just got to where the "90" are now much sooner.

I just want to get a sense of what you are saying Voice and Zaha-

Are you saying that Tricia made this all up?

Because Voice is indicating that this self same conclusion was reached by her/him a long time ago. So I am not getting it.

Oh yeah....I must have missed it but where did the scabies come in? For years it was "fire ant bites"....I guess I need to go back and read what I missed in the past few months....

I believe that information is new from the conversation Tricia had with the police.

I've done a lot of research since being here; plus have had some experience with rashes with my hubby.. I know that most board certified dermatologists can't say, this rash is definitely such & such without doing a biopsy. My hubby recently had what appeared to be 4 different rashes & this is what we were told. He was told the same thing when his lupus diagnosis happened. He had weird bites on his ankles that started traveling up his legs; too bad his Dr did not suggest going to a dermatologist at that point. Scabies was something I'd looked up back then

I did reading/research about scabies within the last year; one of my searches was looking to see what would commonly be diagnosed as scabies that was not.

You bring up a very interesting idea. If we can find out who he is we can really put this to rest.

I would like to know how everyone else feels about this. Would anyone like to continue to sleuth this situation?

IMO, if you do this.. a more private section where people who just join can't see it. You'd have to ask to be admitted to it. I sent believe a few pictures of what a forum like this would like like; we had that on the forum I told you I modded.

I say private so that if there is a chance you can be sued, the information sleuthed will not be "public" I personally am afraid of being sued. There are a lot of names being posted here that probably have nothing to do with the case. If my name/photos were posted, I'm not sure how I would feel if it came up on google

It's my opinion, if as some of you still think, BK has amnesia, I would have to disagree. BK is of an age where it would be supremely important to him to be able to collect on social security as well as participate in medicaid or medicare. If I were in his shoes, I would bend over backward to help anyone by answering questions that could give me back my identity so I could receive help.

People think it's kind of funny when someone says old age isn't for sissies. It isn't. It's a matter of keeping your parts working, and staving off heart and gut troubles, etc. To face old age with nothing would only make a person worry incessantly about their future, and it is for that reason alone that I don't believe BK has amnesia, and I don't know if the doctor reports we have about his amnesia are actual or made up.

See, this is what I do not understand. If he is the age for social security & Medicare, why lie? He must have worked most of his life to get benefits.

I guess what you are saying is that he does not have enough to live on?

I have to say that it really is quite telling that Mr. Kyle has been in this forum, reading everyone's posts and concerns and has not attempted to respond.

What does that say to everybody?

Mr. Kyle has had ample opportunity to respond. If he finds his life as Mr. Kyle more enjoyable and rewarding then the life he lived as whoever he used to be, that's fine. But given everyone's hard work and dedication, it is my opinion that he could take a few minutes to thank everyone. I'm not asking him to clarify - just to say thank you and allow everyone to move on peacefully.

Salem

The headline broadcast on websleuths twitter says:

"Benjamin Kyle does not have amnesia nor did he ever. Lying *advertiser censored*. Check out WS. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=147"

http://twitter.com/websleuths

Anyway, just so you know, that's how I got here. For sure, there's a lot here for anyone new to get their brain around. I can only imagine how questions from latecomers could be annoying.

I do think, perhaps, with an announcement like that, folks might come here to see how we in fact know that BK doesn't and never did have amnesia. It's kinda scandalous, if you think about it.

Of course, I'm not here for the scandal. :angel:

When I read through all this heartfelt hard work, even I want to believe there's still a reason (amnesia) here for this group to keep pluggin' away and helping BK. Because that's how nice this forum is/was. I certainly respect & appreciate the core group's gut and perspective.

Actually, that might be why all the questions from relative strangers to this forum?

IMO, if you do this.. a more private section where people who just join can't see it. You'd have to ask to be admitted to it. I sent believe a few pictures of what a forum like this would like like; we had that on the forum I told you I modded.

I say private so that if there is a chance you can be sued, the information sleuthed will not be "public" I personally am afraid of being sued. There are a lot of names being posted here that probably have nothing to do with the case. If my name/photos were posted, I'm not sure how I would feel if it came up on google

Hi, Rose-who do you think we should worry about? I mean, who do you think is being targeted and has nothing to do with BK?

I will leave this thread open for as long as you guys need it but I won't hesitate to close it if it looks like we are starting to go in circles.

One of the biggest problems we have at Websleuths is keeping a forum that has angry and hurt posters from exploding.

I myself have lost my cool on the forum before and I am the one who is suppose to always set the example. It happens.

When I first closed the thread it looked like it was starting to go 'round and 'round. That is what I am trying to avoid.

Cubby pointed out to me that it did need to stay open so you all could still vent and BK could answer us if he wants to.

I'm sorry for your frustration. I really am. One of my goals on WS is to keep you all happy. Really it is. Because when you all feel good about what we are doing you participate more and accomplish more. So when I have to do something that upsets people I hate it but I have to do it.

Again, my apologies.

Tricia

I understand where you are coming from but some times you have to let people just talk about it. I know how I feel with the amount of time I invested; I can't begin to imagine how everyone else feels with a few years & way more hours involved then I do.

I was trying to quit smoking when the forum was locked. Needless to say I'm now back to a pack a day. While I try not to think about this case; it's hard not to forget about it. I keep wondering if you've posted the update or not. I finally found something to throw myself into for not even 48 hours and decide to check the link in my sig & see you updated the post; then I couldn't post what I typed out cause you locked it. It's been what a week of waiting? I know you are busy but we've all been patient waiting for an explaination you said was going to be posted. Hope that makes sense.

Hi Everyone,

First, I like Roselvr's idea of a private forum for sleuthing BK but if we do this then BK can't come in and offer information. Not that he is doing that now.

Let me think on this over the weekend.

The documents I have seen have privacy issues attached to them. End of story. That is why I can't post them. I thought I could, found out I couldn't. My mistake for speaking too soon and I do apologize.

My friends I make mistakes sometimes but I want you to know from my heart I do what I feel is best for you and for the forum.

I do know that even if I posted the documents proving their was no injury to him whatsoever, even if I could prove to you he claimed the he had "traumatic cataracts" and that's why he needed surgery yet, we just proved he never had any traumatic injury, if I could prove to you he refuses to answer the simplest of questions even though the proof is right here on the forum, if I could prove to you that Dr. Phil no longer believes his story even though Dr. Phil refuses to take BK's calls any more, if I could give you in writing, notarized, gold plated documents proving all of this (even though it's all been proven) still some people would say I was wrong.

It's the collective evidence and for me it was finally and solidly proven when I discovered he had no trauma whatsoever.

Even the police officer who was on the scene told me this yesterday when I spoke to him.

You add up all the inconsistencies and then put this on top, then you have someone who is lying. Now, that is black and white in my book.

Starting from scratch - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Tricia

I am to close this thread at 12:45 PM which is about 17 mintues from now.

The moderators are extremely busy today and I have to leave. When I get back I will open this back up and take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member