Big Boy Toys

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The following has been brought to my attention:

When we originally researched the tax records, Durham County Government : Tax Records Search, there were two listings, one for Janet and one for Raven. Under Janet's, we had what was most likely the Acura, taxes paid. On Raven's, we had two vehicles - one valued around $2,500 and one valued around $8,000, taxes unpaid on both.

Upon searching more recently, not only did we learn that the taxes had finally been paid on Raven's vehicle valued at $8,000, (probably that damned VX), we also found a (new) third listing for taxable property valued at around $10,000. The taxes were unpaid and the item was listed jointly as Raven's and Janet's. We've never seen this item before now, nor have we seen any joint property before now.

I don't know what this new item is, when it was purchased, when it was listed, or why it is listed jointly as Janet's and Raven's. I also don't know if this means anything but found it odd that it never appeared before now.

Since they just bought the Durango prior to their trip out west in December 2004, perhaps the new tax bill, ($10,000-ish), is the Durango? So the $8,000-ish would most likely be the VX but what would the $2,500-ish one be? The Ducati's real value would most likely have been around $5,500, and even when you consider that taxable value is usually below the actual value, would it be that much below?

And is there any significance that upon buying the Durango in December 2004, for the first time Raven registered a vehicle in both of their names?

Well anyway - here it is. Whether or not it means anything, I have no idea.

Wow, good find. I don't know what that could be. I wonder if it could be any other kind of recreational vehicle, like a boat or personal watercraft. Wasn't there some post on the VX boards about installing a trailer hitch?

newkid said:
Wasn't there some post on the VX boards about installing a trailer hitch?
That's right - I think there was. In fact, I remember him posting something about buying a part for it in stock for $99. Wonder what he was pulling behind him? I was always under the impression that he was just carting mountain bikes around.

Hi, I'm a newbie here but I was driving around Sandy and noticed a black VX on Heather Ridge for sale. It doesn't list a price but it has a phone number. I thought this was interesting, given how much time, money, and energy Raven has put into that vehicle.

guera said:
Hi, I'm a newbie here but I was driving around Sandy and noticed a black VX on Heather Ridge for sale. It doesn't list a price but it has a phone number. I thought this was interesting, given how much time, money, and energy Raven has put into that vehicle.
Hi guera - Welcome! Sounds like that might very well be Raven's VX... all the facts seem to point in that direction. Perhaps Raven's having to liquidate some "toys" to raise some cash! You're right though, I'm sure it must be painful, and perhaps even desperate, for Raven to part with his pride and joy!

I look forward to your posts!

Welcome to WS, guera, and thank you for posting that information. I remember that Raven was on again/off again about selling the VX. I wonder if he's really going to do it this time. I suppose money's still tight so it would seem like a good idea to sell it for whatever he can get.

I hope you'll continue to post with us. The forum has gone sadly quiet - it'd be great to get some new dialogue going in here.

Thanks again for posting! :)

SouthEastSleuth said:
Hi guera - Welcome! Sounds like that might very well be Raven's VX... all the facts seem to point in that direction. Perhaps Raven's having to liquidate some "toys" to raise some cash! You're right though, I'm sure it must be painful, and perhaps even desperate, for Raven to part with his pride and joy!

I look forward to your posts!

Well, you know, those pesky insurance agents don't like to pay out policies to someone that may be considered a POI.

As we discussed long ago, the Ironman is some type of limited edition vehicle that ONLY comes in white. No surprise that Raven had to have the limited edition. It's also not surprising to me that he had to paint it in order to have one of the very few BLACK Ironman VXes around. Me? I'd have been true to the car, and kept it in it's manufactured color. But to Raven, what would make him stand out even more than owning a Limited Edition Ironman? Owning a Black Limited Edition Ironman. One of a kind, dude. :rolleyes: And now he's selling? So sad. :boohoo:

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention... it has NC plates. I'm pretty sure it's his.

Another funny thing... it's not listed anywhere online that I can find! Not on vehicross.info, not in any local papers, not on autotrader.com... I thought that was interesting too!

guera said:
Another funny thing... it's not listed anywhere online that I can find! Not on vehicross.info, not in any local papers, not on autotrader.com... I thought that was interesting too!
Geez, maybe he's no more serious about selling it now than he was the last ten times. Maybe he's "getting pressure from friends and family" again so he has to go through the motions of trying to sell it.

Welcome to the madness Guera.

So "The Rave" is attempting to sell his VX? Wonder if Talon had anything to do with it.

It has a phone number listed? LOL, bet Raven's looking for new friends to talk to on his new cell phone, because I have a feeling most of his old friends are starting to turn on the felon/murderer.

The trust money must have run out, wonder how many hours a week he works now, 5 or 10 lol. but he does have to pay his cell phone bill (considering he got canned from his last job - can you hear me now) but hey, on the bright side for "The Rave", he doesn't need the VX anyhow, he has a nice bike he can ride.

Thanks for the info Guera.

Hopefully soon we will get Justice for Janet, her unborn child, Kaiden, her family & friends.

I've been thinking about the VX with NC tags. Isn't it nearly time for Raven to legally register the VX in Utah? Here are some rules regarding registration in Utah:

DMV - Nonresidents
Utah law requires you to register your vehicle in Utah within 60 days if you:
  • have established a permanent home for yourself and your family in this state;
  • live in Utah, continuously or non-continuously, for a total of six months, regardless of having a permanent residence in another state;
  • engage in a trade, profession or occupation in Utah, or accept other than seasonal work in Utah, and you do not commute into the state;
  • declare yourself a resident of Utah to obtain privileges not ordinarily extended to nonresidents, including going to school, enrolling your children in local schools without paying nonresident tuition or fees; or purchasing resident hunting or fishing licenses;
  • obtain a Utah drivers license.
The only exceptions in the law are for full-time nonresident students attending a Utah college or university, and for military personnel temporarily stationed in Utah.

Additionally, prior to registering your vehicle, there are a number of fees that must be paid:

Personal property tax for passenger cars and light trucks is a uniform fee based on the age of the vehicle. The fee is applicable to passenger cars, light trucks (including sport utility vehicles) and vans. These fees are due at the time of registration, even on new vehicles and when a vehicle is registered more than once during a year. The fees are:

2005 Motor Vehicle Assessment Fees

Model Year of Vehicle
Fee
2005- 2003 $150
2002- 2000 $110
1999- 1997 $80
1996- 1994 $50
1993 and older $10

Registration fees also apply. All other vehicles are subject to the uniform fee in lieu of property tax, which is 1.5 percent of the fair market value of vehicles as established by the Tax Commission. Subject to the 1.5 percent fee-in-lieu are medium and heavy duty trucks, recreational vehicles, which includes motor homes, trailers, truck campers, motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles, personal water craft, ATVs, and vehicles registered for off-road use.

Utah Motor Vehicle Registration Fees

$21.50passenger cars and light trucks (plus $2.50 drivers education fee and $1 for Insurance Database Fee - making the total $25.00)

$1 - $10.00Davis, Salt Lake, Utah and Weber counties also require an emissions fee (I/M or APC Fee) between $1 and $10, depending on the county and fuel type.

$23.00motorcycles (plus $1 for Insurance Database Fee - making the total $24.00)

$49.50motor vehicles or combination of vehicles, to transport passengers for hire or property for hire: 12,001 to 14,000 lbs. gross laden weight (add $2.50 Drivers Education Tax and $1 Insurance Database Fee for each)
plus: an additional fee (increased 7-1-97) of $18.50 for each 2,000 lbs. over 14,000 lbs. gross laden weight to 80,000 lbs. gross laden weight.

$21.50 farm trucks up to 12,000 lbs. gross laden weight;
$33.00 farm trucks 12,001 lbs. to 14,000 lbs. (add $2.50 Drivers Education Tax and $1 Insurance Database Fee for each)
plus: $9.00 for each 2,000 lbs. up to 80,000 lbs. gross laden weight

$11.00trailers over 750 lbs. (unladen)

$8.50commercial trailers that are under 750 lbs. (unladen)

Registration is not required for private trailers under 750 lbs. (unladen)

So maybe Raven can't afford all of these fees but realizes that if he doesn't register his vehicle in Utah soon, he'll be breaking the law. Not wanting to do that, he realizes that he has no choice but to sell his beloved "unique" VX.

It's past 60 days.....isn't it? Oh oh, ticket time!

JerseyGirl said:
I've been thinking about the VX with NC tags. Isn't it nearly time for Raven to legally register the VX in Utah?
Yes, but I know a few people who moved here and lived here for a year or two before they finally registered their vehicles here. Maybe just lazy?

newkid said:
Yes, but I know a few people who moved here and lived here for a year or two before they finally registered their vehicles here. Maybe just lazy?
Yes, you're right - I think that it's a pretty common occurence.

Not cheap, to be sure, JG, but don't forget, he's got car payments on that oneofakind VX. From what I've heard, it doesn't sound as though he's making the income to support his beloved toys. I don't recall, is the Durango financed to the hilt, as well? It would seem the Durango would be more economical than the VX, although, with gas prices as they are, neither would be too inexpensive to be driving around!

I thought I'd do a little research of my own, and found that the gas prices in SLC average about $2.80 a gallon. Not quite arm/leg like they are where I live, but certainly not a buck a gallon I remember from not to long ago!
http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=LeftNav&brand=statefarm
How long will it take for someone to post the joke pic of the gas station prices changed to arm, leg, etc. ?

From what we've heard, Raven bought the VX new, and it's a 99. He mentioned something about it being due to be paid off "next year" and I believe that was in 2004.

The Durango, if I'm not mistaken, was just purchased last autumn.

So if he has payments left on either, I would think it would be the Durango. However, if he was behind on his bills, he might still owe on the VX as well.

I don't know how police work in Utah, but if a car was sitting parked out somewhere with tags on them from another State, especially a Vehicle for sale, I know where I live, the plates would be checked and a ticket issued. It's one way, in the sweeps, to make money by issuing these types of tickets.

JerseyGirl said:
From what we've heard, Raven bought the VX new, and it's a 99. He mentioned something about it being due to be paid off "next year" and I believe that was in 2004.

The Durango, if I'm not mistaken, was just purchased last autumn.

So if he has payments left on either, I would think it would be the Durango. However, if he was behind on his bills, he might still owe on the VX as well.
:waitasec: So....if that's the case, maybe he's decided that it's time to sell the VX & get some money? My guesstimation would be that it's more expensive to insure the VX and for upkeep/maintenance than the Durango.

eta: insuring SHOULD be less, if the VX is as rare as it's been said, Durangos are a dime a dozen, so I would think they'd be more affordable to insure...more spare parts for them. The same could be said for upkeep & maintenance, including repair shops...they'd be more familiar with the Durango.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back