BIG HOLES in the defense theory

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Casey was in such a deep state of clinical denial and avoidance, why does she even believe she's dead? When at Target, why not buy diapers? A shirt? While at Ikea, why not a tea set?

Why can she turn off everything but little Caylee's death? PTSD doesn't work that way. She calmly accepts Caylee's fate. It just doesn't bother her.

Exactly, Dawn. It makes no sense.

But I'm kinda asking myself the same questions regardless of GA's involvement or lack thereof. What the heck was Casey thinking...? Did she think she could just party forever and after N days with Caylee at the phantom babysitter her grandparents would stop asking about her and never wonder what happened to her at all? No one would ever notice that a little girl dropped of the face of the earth? Why didn't she report Caylee missing? If she's of reasonable intelligence she had to have known that it wouldn't look good for a mother to just lose a child without reacting in any manner and if she ever paused to think she had to have known that the police would find out she didn't work at the Universal and that there was no such nanny at no such address etc. Why didn't she come up with a better story?

I suppose it would have thrown a wrench in her partying if she had reported Caylee missing earlier but she must have known that it couldn't last.

Well, I have spent a lot of time thinking this over, as I am sure many of us have. I don't want to derail this thread with my theories of why she didn't try very hard to think of a better plan, but in general, I think she (like Scott Peterson) severely underestimated the amount of publicity she would get, the power of forensics, and the fact that a pretty face does not always get you out of trouble. I think she thought eventually she would tell her mom the babysitter took her, police would spin their wheels for a while looking for invisi-nanny, she would grieve appropriately for a little while and then eventually could resume her Bella Vita without the little snot head. I think she thought someone would steal her stinky car with her purse in the front seat and Caylee's carseat and favorite doll in the back. But she was having fun, and she really didn't want to stop and do the obligatory searching and grieving right now. Just one more day, she asked CA. I think she asked herself (and granted herself) for just one more day 31 times.

GA, on the other hand, is just not that stupid and, to my mind, not a slave to immediate gratification. He talks about a job interview that would be a good opportunity for him, for example. ICA never did anything to secure a future of any kind that I can think of. She talked about an apartment but never got one. Talked about a fabulous job working from home but never took any steps to get one. Couldn't even manage to set aside enough money to fill her car with gas regularly. GA was forward-thinking enough, I think, to come up with at the very least more elaborate plan than "let's just see what happens".

I'm sorry, but I don't know where this should go.
I don't know if anyone has brought up this simple thought yet, so may be a repeat.
How can the excuse for Casey's behavior be that she has a "casey's world" that supposedly allowed her to "act like nothing was wrong", despite knowning her child was dead, yet she seems unable to withhold her emotions on the stand, shaking her head in disagreement, big tears etc... Seems to me that this she is her best witness against this theory.

I'm sorry, but I don't know where this should go.
I don't know if anyone has brought up this simple thought yet, so may be a repeat.
How can the excuse for Casey's behavior be that she has a "casey's world" that supposedly allowed her to "act like nothing was wrong", despite knowning her child was dead, yet she seems unable to withhold her emotions on the stand, shaking her head in disagreement, big tears etc... Seems to me that this she is her best witness against this theory.
Casey has a different persona in front of the jury has anyone noticed?

BBM
To answer that I think DT will say 3 years distance from family and therapy is why MOO

From JB's own mouth in his opening statement....

"On June 16th, 2008 Casey was home with Caylee and so was her father. Early morning hours the exact time is not known, it could have been early afternoon or early morning... actually it was the early morning hours."

This to me screams deception! Even in your opening statement lie, you cannot get your lie right or accurate?!?!?

My question for JB: Exactly what is the time of death? :waitasec: I would imagine if his client had revealed this "truth" to him, the next question from him would have been what time did this happen? Especially so since the DT knew the Blockbuster video has been out there for three years, along with cell phone records, etc. chronicling Casey's activity that day. And GA was at work at 3:00pm.

BBM.

Clever George.... How did he know that Casey would keep on making up silly, easily debunkable stories and not cave in and tell the truth about his part until after three years in jail...? :waitasec:

You know, I might have believed that Caylee drowned and Casey panicked if it had come out a long time ago and not only when she's in court with DP on the table... How did her attorney ever let it go so far if it was just an accident...?

Can she sue him for incompetent representation?
Anyone can sue anyone else.
However, I think this is just another of her lies that she has suckered her attorney into believing. Defense has to do what client tells them to do.

I haven't read every post in this thread so I don't know if this has been discussed.

I thought of this on Monday and then with all the discussion of the events of that day, forgot about it until now. I want to put it here before I forget it again.

When Casey was bonded out of jail by Leonard Padilla in August 2008, she was only home a few hours before there was a problem. Evidently George got upset that Casey wasn't talking. He went into her room and demanded answers about what happened to Caylee. Casey got angry and told him to stop acting like a cop and act like a father. It was reported by the female body guard, Tracy, that it took Cindy and George's friend, who was visiting from Ohio, to physically removed George from Casey's room.

George stormed out of the house. At that time there was a 24-hour webcam on the Anthony home, and we saw George come out of the garage and turn on the sidewalk. He yelled to one of the reporters that he needed some fresh air and was taking a walk. A while later, we saw Lee come out and get in his car and drive off. He came back about 15 minutes later with George in the car.

In light of the defense's opening statement in which JB claimed that Caylee's death was an accidental drowning in the family pool and that George was the one who found her.............why would George be so upset, demanding to know what happened to Caylee, and have to be physically removed from Casey's room?

This is just one more little thing that refutes the defense's claim. By the time Casey was bonded out of jail in August, I think George and Cindy realized Caylee was deceased. George was overcome by the need to know what happened and where she was. His actions are the actions of a grief-stricken grandparent needing to know why and asking the one person who had the answers.
Yes. And this is yet another thing that the Defence will use as "proof" that GA was setting KC up. That he was trying to make her look guilty.

moo

Another interesting part of the Universal interview

Notice at this time she is terrified of Cindy expresses no fear of George

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rA4nBgphfQ&feature=related
I'm actually surprised it isn't CA she's trying to throw under the bus instead of her father, by somehow implicating her in Caylee's death; instead of this convoluted story the DT is trying to present involving GA having Caylee's body which morphs into RK wanting to collect the reward......

In other words, up until O/S it seemed she had more of a good relationship with her dad than her mother.

MOO

From JB's own mouth in his opening statement....

"On June 16th, 2008 Casey was home with Caylee and so was her father. Early morning hours the exact time is not known, it could have been early afternoon or early morning... actually it was the early morning hours."

This to me screams deception! Even in your opening statement lie, you cannot get your lie right or accurate?!?!?
George went to work in the afternoon. so forget early afternoon time. There wouldn't be time to take care of things. early morning, Cindy was still home. All you need is a Volkswagen Bug to drive through the hoels in the Defense theory.

I am so angry that they are attacking George by saying he's a child molester. You can't take an accusation like that back. The poor man has been through enough.

AND, you don't put duct tape over a dead child's mouth. There's no reason to put it there if the child is already dead.

Sometimes I wonder if JB is working for the state, i.e. asking a witness you knew that wasn't true (another of KC's lies) -- OMG lol!

JB needing lots of assistance from HHBP.

BBM

I remember this, too. I thought he must be thinking "did I just say that out loud?".

And how could Casey possibly not remember the time???

OMG, all I was thinking is "Is this on purpose?" That, along with... Good Afternoon (I think), I'm going to talk to you about what I'm going to talk to you about and "see" I have a powerpoint presentation to show that I know what I'm talking about!!!

He is as revolting as his client!

I don't know if this has been brought up already but I just watched JB's opening statement again and maybe I'm crazy but it seems to me that Jose was trying to plant a seed in the Juror's mind that George could be Caylee's father. Jose said that things w/Lee got so bad that the State tested him regarding Caylee's paternity but he NEVER said that George was tested, didn't bring that up at all. Funny, he did say the sexual abuse didn't go as far w/Lee as it did w/George BUT it got so bad they tested Lee?!? Sure sounds like a contradiction to me.

Also, is he comparing KC's home life to the book/movie, Flowers In The Attic? JB stated that THEY (GA & CA) hid that child like a Flower in the Attic, as I recall a young child about Caylee's age died in that book/movie. IF KC is telling JB this story then I can totally see her making it all up based on reading the book or watching the movie....with all the lies in the past & her imaginary life. I just can't see a grown man/lawyer at that, trying to sell this story to anyone but KC after all the lies, I can see her thinking it will fly since she loves to live in fantasy land. I just hope the Jury can see it.

You can bet she learned some things while in jail. I Think her letter to the other inmate saying Lee had molested her was to get information from that inmate so that she could use it.

I don't know if she's fooling JB or if he's an accomplice in her lie. I do know that the entire theory won't hold water. There's no explanation how Ray Kronk ever got the body in the first place. And then he places it (with foliage growing through it) the day before it's found? I don't think so.

George went to work in the afternoon. so forget early afternoon time. There wouldn't be time to take care of things. early morning, Cindy was still home. All you need is a Volkswagen Bug to drive through the hoels in the Defense theory.

I am so angry that they are attacking George by saying he's a child molester. You can't take an accusation like that back. The poor man has been through enough.

AND, you don't put duct tape over a dead child's mouth. There's no reason to put it there if the child is already dead.

Agree, especially about attacking George. Another thought is about the swimming pool and with both George & Casey at home when this alleged drowning occurred, no one heard Caylee scream for help after climbing the ladder and "falling" into the swimming pool? :waitasec:

The tapes of the conversations in jail-how her parents were talking to her about Caylee being missing, ICA saying over and over again that she knows she's alive. Not one of them would have been acting that way if things went down the way JB said they did.

Also weird was the way CA looked at ICA in those tapes-leaning on GA, smiling a little, almost admiring ICA. In a "what a strong amazing woman" kind of way. It's bizarre, but I think she was so deep in denial at that point that was how she was coping.

big tears etc...

JMO but those are big FAKE tears - that tissue never even gets damp :waitasec:

And what's up with the looking at the tissue after every dab at her eyes - is she checking to see if she has finally squeezed any tears out? I would love to hear her thoughts, dab "Did I cry?" dab "Did I cry?" :crazy:

I think it's a strange tic, and I wonder if anyone who knows personality disorders recognizes that action and could explain what it represents?

In my mind ICA now stands for Ice Cold Anthony.

Agree, especially about attacking George. Another thought is about the swimming pool and with both George & Casey at home when this alleged drowning occurred, no one heard Caylee scream for help after climbing the ladder and "falling" into the swimming pool? :waitasec:

But sadly, children usually drown silently. They do not usually scream, they just
flail around and go under really quickly.

Big hole for me,is the supposed aha! moment,where I am supposed to say,now I understand,I'm still shaking my head and saying,I don't understand at all,this defies all loigic.

But sadly, children usually drown silently. They do not usually scream, they just
flail around and go under really quickly.

I can totally understand Casey being so inattentive that an accidental drowning could occur, however, inserting her father into the scenario makes absolutely no sense to me. I cannot envision George being home and allowing Caylee near the swimming pool, let alone able to climb up the ladder and fall in and drown. He and Cindy always seemed to make a point of having the ladder away from the pool for that very reason.

MOO

I would think the As two little dogs might have raised an alarm if Caylee was in difficulty in the pool. Dogs are very perceptive and protective when it comes to their humans, and if Caylee had managed to get outside there is no reason why they couldn't get out there as well, realize something was amiss, and try to alert GA and ICA.

The only truthful thing Jose Baez said was "this girl is not right".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back