Bill Cosby charged w/aggravated Sexual Assault/other Rape Allegations *conviction vacated* *civil trial 2022 guilty* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Judge Steven O’Neill announced all three counts have merged for sentencing in the Bill Cosby case because they all stem for the same event.

The sentencing guidelines indicate 22 – 36 months, plus or minus 12 months because of the aggravating or mitigating circumstances."

Live updates: Bill Cosby sentencing - CNN

So I guess the most he can get is 36 + 12 months = 48 months. Four years max.

jmo

I am not surprised a loop hole was found. I hope he has to serve the time that has now been figured out. He needs jail time as what he did was wrong.....so very wrong and he broke the law.

Thank you ALL for the updates & articles! Much appreciated! So for today:

Tuesday, September 25th:
*Formal Sentencing (Day 2) (found GUILTY) (@ ET) – PA – Andrea Constand (31 at the time) (Dec. 2003-Jan. 2004) - Bill Cosby (65 at time of crime/80 now) accused of 3 counts of aggravated indecent assault charges; plead not guilty. (Mistrial declared in June, 2017).
4/24/18: Monday, jurors started deliberations. 4/26/18: Found guilty of all charges. Sentencing set for 9/24 & 9/25.
9/24/18 Update Day 1: Joseph Green, representing Cosby, briefly argued the law was unconstitutional (Sexually Violent Predator Assessment), & could not be constitutionally applied to Cosby because it was punitive & punishment without due process. A Commonwealth Attorney said the Cosby was trying "to escape" the registration required for sexual predators. The judge ruled that the Sexually Violent Predator Assessment, and the current PA law dealing with sex offender registrations is constitutional.
Kristen F. Dudley, a psychologist & member of the PA Sex Offenders Assessment Brd, testified that Cosby chose not to be assessed. But she said she didn't need him to in order to determine that he meets criteria to be classified as a sexually violent predator based on accusations from dozens of women. Saying evidence shows that he can't stop himself from violating women and would probably do so again if he could. Lawyers spent part of the morning arguing over whether it's constitutional to label Cosby a "sexually violent predator" (SVP) and make him register as a sex offender. A defense witness in the matter was unable to be reached, so the court couldn't continue with the SVP hearing — and the actual sentencing can't take place until after the SVP hearing (However, there can be sentencing testimony prior to that).
Judge Steven O’Neill announced all three counts have merged for sentencing, because they all stem for the same event. The sentencing guidelines indicate 22 – 36 months, plus or minus 12 months because of the aggravating or mitigating circumstances. Judge O'Neill has not yet ruled on whether Cosby will be subjected to the sex offender designation. Court will resume 9/25.

Sorry it's so long - I'll try & shorten it....

Will Cosby speak today before he's sentenced?
Hmmm. . . If he does, I wonder if he'll control his temper.

https://wildabouttrial.com/featured/cosbys-day-of-reckoning-comes-after-3-year-sex-assault-case/
The 81-year-old will also have the opportunity to speak in court Tuesday before he’s sentenced.

As prosecutor seeks to revoke his bail, Cosby curses at him - CNN
Updated 11:30 PM ET, Thu April 26, 2018
(CNN)After the guilty verdict was announced Thursday against Bill Cosby, the TV icon shouted at the prosecutor in the courtroom.

[...]
Steele said Cosby had a private plane and that no dollar amount would be able to ensure his appearance.
Cosby stood up at one point and yelled at Steele: "He doesn't have a private plane, you *advertiser censored**hole."

The sentencing guidelines are confusing to me. Yesterday, I thought the merged sentences totaled a max of 4 years, but it looks like:

'He faces up to 10 years in prison after prosecutors and defense attorneys agreed to merge the three counts of his conviction into one for sentencing purposes.'

Ten years sounds better to me than 4....but that would be the max. Very curious what the judge will decide today.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/bill-cosby-sentencing/index.html

I found the following excerpt from the article (below) touching.

Reminds me of the wide ripple that affects loved ones of people who have experienced trauma.

My favorite part is what Andrea Constand's older sister said.

"Gianna Constand, Constand's mother, said she has "lost the ability to trust anybody" and watched friends and loved ones disappear from her life."

"Our lives became one of a roller coaster ride that never came to an end," she said."

"Andy Constand, her father, also spoke about how the attack affected the whole family."

"The thought of what happened to my daughter Andrea will always be with me forever like a dark cloud hanging over my head," he said."

"And Constand's oldest sister, Diana Parsons, called her little sister her hero."

"After everything she has been through, she still walks around with a smile on her face and a positive attitude," she said."

I found the following excerpt from the article (below) touching. Reminds me of the wide ripple that affects loved ones of people who have experienced trauma.

My favorite part is what Andrea Constand's older sister said.

"Gianna Constand, Constand's mother, said she has "lost the ability to trust anybody" and watched friends and loved ones disappear from her life."

"Our lives became one of a roller coaster ride that never came to an end," she said."

"Andy Constand, her father, also spoke about how the attack affected the whole family."

"The thought of what happened to my daughter Andrea will always be with me forever like a dark cloud hanging over my head," he said."

"And Constand's oldest sister, Diana Parsons, called her little sister her hero."

"After everything she has been through, she still walks around with a smile on her face and a positive attitude," she said."
Having a supportive family likely played a role in how she was able to persevere with the accusations and court case. Predators usually know to go after vulnerable victims who often lack that support system. Cosby picked the wrong victim with this one. (I also think being a sports person helped her - she knew to go the distance and not give up when the fight was hard.)

Seeing a support system also helps explain why victims come forward after other victims do - the numbers can be a source of support, especially if they don't have support behind them with family and friends. It's very hard to go it alone.

jmo

Cosby arrived a court this morning smiling. Photo at:

I find so many things obnoxious about this man. One of them has been his exhibition of superiority and arrogance throughout. He exhibits over and over again he doesn't have one ounce of remorse.

Its his narcissistic entitlement he continuously displays that makes me want to barf.

Even though so many women have come forward I feel he has more victims out there who did not want to come out.

I hope he is given the max.

According to CNN, which is carrying this live, BC can expect up to ten years.
I hope he does them ALL and that they seem very, very long to him.

IMO, its dreadful that the judge allowed the offences to be shunted down to one or whatever the proper phrase was.....he should have been looking at 30 years, not ten.

I find so many things obnoxious about this man. One of them has been his exhibition of superiority and arrogance throughout. He exhibits over and over again he doesn't have one ounce of remorse.

Its his narcissistic entitlement he continuously displays that makes me want to barf.

Even though so many women have come forward I feel he has more victims out there who did not want to come out.

I agree!!! Smugness infuriates me.
jmo

Thanks to courageous Andrea Constand and the lawyers who worked tirelessly in this case who have brought justice for all of the women who were not believed. Now, they have been heard.

I will always remember Judge Eduardo Robreno whose courage and conviction of truth, brought the darkness into the light when he unsealed the documents.

Without Judge Robreno's courageous action, this trial would not have occurred.

Judge Explains Why He Unsealed Bill Cosby Court Documents

"A federal judge said one of the reasons he unsealed court documents in which Bill Cosby admits he gave a woman drugs before sex is because of the disconnect between the comedian's upright public persona and the serious allegations against him."

"The stark contrast between Bill Cosby, the public moralist and Bill Cosby, the subject of serious allegations concerning improper (and perhaps criminal) conduct is a matter as to which the AP — and by extension the public — has a significant interest," Judge Eduardo Robreno wrote in a memorandum Monday. The documents were released after a request from The Associated Press."

Each day that he arrived at the court house during the trial, and even now as he awaits sentencing, Cosby enjoys being the center of attention. Flanked by his team of high-priced lawyers, Cosby arrives smiling, waving to adoring fans, and obviously relishing the limelight. Whatever his sentence, Cosby's legal eagles will no doubt appeal, and this spectacle will continue for months, if not years. I don't necessarily miss the smileys we used to have here, but this is one time that I'd use "puke" or "makes me sick".

Thinking this over, I would not be surprised if BC will get 10 yrs but will beable to stay home until all appeals are exhausted...many years down the line or until he dies. Then he never will have to go to prison. He will have to register as a sex predator.....conditions will be allowed for his grandchildren though. That is IMOO , this may be the sentencing. Wait and see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03
Back