Billings -Couple with 12 adopted children murdered #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In line with the victim focus of the site, here is a good interview with Ashley Markham.

I respect her, and know that her parents were nothing but amazing to those kids, and everyone, myself included, probably ought to stop and mull on that every few posts as we go through this process.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8132198&page=1

That said, though, I found the way she characterized her interest in knowing the particulars to be a bit odd, because it included this phrase:

"...there's parts [about why the murders were done] I don't ever need to know..." and she re-iterates the fact the children are the ultimate victims, which is so sad and so true. But maybe it's just 'cause I am a dude, but if this happened in my family, I would want to know every nuance, every fact, no matter how bitter. I just don't believe in living in denial or partial truths or covered over facts.

I know Ashley and I took it very differently. She said "I need to know why" then later said "THere are parts of it I don't ever need to know" IMO she wants to know why the murders happened but doesn't want to know more on the specifics of the murders. I know for me there are times I wonder if my dear friends knew what was happening at the time or if it happened too fast; if they were scared, in fear for the children, etc. But I think knowing some of those answers would likely make it harder. I believe that those are the parts Ashley is referring to when she says that there are parts she doesn't need to know.

wow.. something I can finally contribute to in this case (I duct taped my head back on thread one and haven't been able to follow along very well ever since) but that article should post shortly.. it has happened before where the title shows up and you cannot open it up at first. It should be there shortly.

And there's another one posted in the past few minutes with the headline that Jr. was the sole shooter.

Total leap here, but I suspect strongly that both the black briefcase and the large home safe at one time had some very intriguing PRIVATE loan papers in them.

Perhaps making those papers disappear was important to someone.

Interesting. Especially if it is not the type of loan which one records in the public records.

I agree about Ashley.... she said she wants to know why... but of course there are somethings she will never want to know.

My heart goes out to her....she has a lot of people counting on her... I hope she has support for her...

Isn't PLW a real estate agent or something? How long have the Billings lived in their home? I'm having "google" issues and can't find out myself.

If anyone knows, could you share? Thanks. :)

Isn't PLW a real estate agent or something? How long have the Billings lived in their home? I'm having "google" issues and can't find out myself.

PLW is not a real estate agent and there is another PL in Gulf Breeze that is a real estate agent. PL owned and rented out homes in Gulf Breeze.

They moved in in late 2004, after Hurricane Ivan damaged their former home. The new home was not quite finished when the moved in. They had to finish laying flooring, painting etc while living there because of the condition of the other home.

Possible Motives (pure speculation):

1. Robbery--The robbery would logically be for a significant sought-after amount (in tangible or intangible form) in order to get 8 different (and mostly unrelated) people involved.

2. Murder (Hit man)--Why would a "hit" involve 8 different people to pull off? This wasn't a hit against a public figure with high security and bodyguards. One person can usually pull off a hit.

3. Murder (gang hit)--Unless it was a gang using this murder to prove loyalty to the gang or some such reason.

4. Murder (Revenge)--Why would a grudge or need for revenge against this couple involve 8 different mostly unrelated and disparate people?

Thoughts?

I was reading today's CNN article, and in it the red 8 passenger van was discussed. LPG.Jr states that he has a red van but that it is not operational. Am I confused, though not difficult. In the same paragraph, Poff says she purchased it for her son LPG,Jr.
Just how many red 8 passenger vans are we talking about? The van that was hidden near/behind/next to the shed on the LPG Sr.'s property was the van used the night of the murders, right? I know LPG,Jr. has one and also PW.

And there's another one posted in the past few minutes with the headline that Jr. was the sole shooter.

The full article is up now ...

News alert: Gonzalez Jr. was sole shooter
JULY 21, 2009

Murder suspect Fredrick Thornton said Leonard "Pat" Gonzalez Jr. was the organizer and "only shooter form the incident."

Thornton was interviewed by Escambia Inv. Leonard "Lee" Tyree II, an affidavit for a search warrant said.

The affidavit also said fellow suspect Wayne Coldiron admitted he was involved in the home invasion. He said he want to a Gulf Breeze residence where several firearms and ammunition used in the homicide were kept. He also said there was a woman named Pam at the residence. She is the same woman who drove a maroon minivan to and from the scene.

<snipped>

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090721/NEWS01/90721014

(not to be rude but PNJ really needs to proof read their articles before posting them. :crazy:

Yay! Got Google to work..well, I didn't personally, but "someone" did. I found this link stating she is a Florida real estate agent dated July 16th.

www.ajc.com/news/woman-charged-in-billings-93336.html

According to the article, she owns eight residential properties in Santa Rosa County, FL and Magnolia Antique Mall is registared as the owner of the Classy Lady yacht at Orange Beach.

After reading this article, I'll look for more, but I find it interesting. She is in the "know". Perhaps for longer than we may have thought.

I agree. I don't think it was a professional hit but I do think someone wanted them dead.

I agree. I can't see a "professional" taking along an army of ninjas, two red vans, one the size of a small bus, and going into a home with nine children present, even if some/many were asleep.

All this digging, I'm waiting to see LPG2 linked any moment to Kevin Bacon.

I agree about Ashley.... she said she wants to know why... but of course there are somethings she will never want to know.

My heart goes out to her....she has a lot of people counting on her... I hope she has support for her...

I want to be crystal clear -- I was not saying or inferring there was anything inappropriate in her position, just contrasting it to my own, which is to explore and understand everything, even if painful.

I agree. She's a big question mark -- especially the being-free on low bond part!

Perhaps because she can give information regarding the Gonzalez men? Still doesn't make sense, but she is only being charged for knowing about the murders after the fact.

I really hate how this thread always seems to turn into digging up crap
on the victims!
I'm not talking about you pinkin!
I bolded the copyright because as a business person such as Mr. Billings
it may be as simple as someday they wanted to write a book about their
life! IMO a reason to copyright their names would make it so some
other writer could not write about them!
I think it's sad that some feel the need to try and find a motive that
fits with the Billings being bad people when everyone who knew them
say otherwise!
I see no reason to try and turn everything they did into something shady
when there very well could be a simple reason with no wrong doing on their part
at all!

I think what's concerning to a lot of people was that he was attempting to extort money from others using their names in a legitimate manner.

Yay! Got Google to work..well, I didn't personally, but "someone" did. I found this link stating she is a Florida real estate agent dated July 16th.

www.ajc.com/news/woman-charged-in-billings-93336.html

According to the article, she owns eight residential properties in Santa Rosa County, FL and Magnolia Antique Mall is registared as the owner of the Classy Lady yacht at Orange Beach.

After reading this article, I'll look for more, but I find it interesting. She is in the "know". Perhaps for longer than we may have thought.

OL - Just as an FYI cuz I'm hoping no more info is posted on THIS PL:

Mistaken identity

The Pamela Long sought in the Byrd and Melanie Billings murder case is not the only Pamela Long in Gulf Breeze.

Pamela Marie Long, who owns the real estate development company PMG Group, was being confused Wednesday with Pamela Laverne Long, who was sought by the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.

She said she received a slew of phone calls from friends and media from across the country minutes after Sheriff David Morgan announced the search for a woman named Pamela Long, but gave few other details. Reporters also gathered in her yard. The sheriff later announced that Long's married name is now Wiggins.

"I just got off the phone with someone from 'Inside Edition' and they asked me, 'Do you know police are looking for you?' " Pamela Marie Long said. "I am not that Pamela Long. Please let people know that."

http://pnj.com/article/20090716/NEWS01/907160312/-1/special

:blowkiss:

Was this immediately after the robbery? IMO, PW is up to her ears in this.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090721/NEWS01/90721014

(snip)
After the shooting and robbery, Thornton said the items taken from the home were loaded into a large Dodge cargo van driven by Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Sr. All of the men got in the van and drove to an unknown location up the road from the home, he said according to the search warrant.

The safe &#8212; which contained nothing of value, investigators said &#8212; was transported into the small red minivan parked at the side of the road, Thornton said, according to court documents.

Wayne Coldiron &#8212; another suspect &#8212; told investigators during an interview that woman named &#8220;Pam&#8221; drove a maroon minivan.

Thornton said that got into a blue sport utility vehicle driven by suspect Gary Sumner. They drove to the Gulf Breeze antique mall to meet up again.

A search of a red 1982 Dodge minivan uncovered $1,115 in cash from a purse, cell phones, a pill bottle with 39 identified pills and a pair of blue jeans with a suspected blood stain, the search warrant revealed.

OL - Just as an FYI cuz I'm hoping no more info is posted on THIS PL:

Mistaken identity

The Pamela Long sought in the Byrd and Melanie Billings murder case is not the only Pamela Long in Gulf Breeze.

Pamela Marie Long, who owns the real estate development company PMG Group, was being confused Wednesday with Pamela Laverne Long, who was sought by the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.

She said she received a slew of phone calls from friends and media from across the country minutes after Sheriff David Morgan announced the search for a woman named Pamela Long, but gave few other details. Reporters also gathered in her yard. The sheriff later announced that Long's married name is now Wiggins.

"I just got off the phone with someone from 'Inside Edition' and they asked me, 'Do you know police are looking for you?' " Pamela Marie Long said. "I am not that Pamela Long. Please let people know that."

http://pnj.com/article/20090716/NEWS01/907160312/-1/special

:blowkiss:

Thank you, Daisy. You would like to think that a retraction would be printed for all to read. Or, at the very least, remove the entire article! Geez!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute