Bio Mom & her family

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would she be entitled to a refund if she didn't work?

Out here if you get behind you are more than likely to spend weekends in jail. They don't play around with these deadbeats

more than likely, she may have earned money this year, or not. BUT, theres a child tax credit. Baby Cloe......doesnt matter, if theres a refund, the state of florida will get it.

These people are poor, or working poor at best. It's a miserable existence that causes them to turn to drugs, violence, or both...

Sorry, RobsanX. Respectfully I would like to say that it is no excuse for drugs or violence.

I don't think people are necessarily worried about the back child support, I think it is more of a discussion going on surrounding the fact that a contempt hearing regarding child support was scheduled shortly before Haleigh went missing.

Got ya. Thats understandable.....good point.

Im more than sure Crystal should be well aware of the fact that her Tax refunds will be garnished.

:cool: Thank you very much Ceeker for bringing this, it does show a continuance of hearings.......just wish we had the actual minutes and testimony for each of them after the January Hearings......so far. they are not posted here.

In other words, I need them in order to determine what transpired between the parties from that point forward. I wonder if you have to pay for these documents????

In all honesty and fairness, without the whole picture. I dont want to cut this mom down.....I know, I know.....its not the most important thing. However, I am very passionate about Domestic Violence and an advocate for victims. I'm aware of the red flags warnings signs. I hope you can understand that aspect of why I am on this abuse allegation. :truce:

I know, I wish we had all the docs too. And I understand where you're coming from, an honest, caring, genuine, place :heart:
And actually I think it is possible Ron was/is an abuser, I'm just not there yet. This case has too many twists and turns unfortunately.

I don't know. I don't remember seeing any details from CPS in the court documents. Those files are usually not part of any public records that you can view.
I am not sure of where JS making a complaint comes into to this. I do know that a letter was sent into the court from her father [could be Mr. G her step father, I just don't remember the name now. I have looked at so much. LOL] but when it came time for court he did not show up to give any testimony.

Hey shadow,
I was looking at motives,actually we should have a thread entitled "motives".But,on the GR show when GR told RC that Crystal's family has seen marijuana plants around the trailer and bricks of marijuana inside,I found that odd,because Crystal and Marie said on NGrace,they've never been to the trailer.I just wondered about the treelimb chair in woods the TES searchers found,looked like a hunters chair.The military cord was fairly new,also.

I know, I wish we had all the docs too. And I understand where you're coming from, an honest, caring, genuine, place :heart:
And actually I think it is possible Ron was/is an abuser, I'm just not there yet. This case has too many twists and turns unfortunately.

Thanks and you dont know it, but I read that and had tears in my eyes.

I'm worried and I'm concerned as well, Im worried that we are going to find out things we dont want to know. It could turn on a dime at anytime. Ya never know. If only those darn sunshine laws would come into play....we'd get it all! LOL.

Okay past 5 oclock I have to take my kids to church. I'll be around later, with the goods. :dance:

Hi shadow, If you go here, scroll down nearest the bottom. last 2 or 3 pages, there you will find Cyrstals fathers complaint filed in the court on Jan 6

http://www.fox30online.com/media/news/1/3/e/13e1a8a0-e082-477f-9698-11a796f76a10/petineer.pdf

That is paperwork that was filed with the motion to re-open the custody issue. WE are not seeing the court determination of that motion in that PDF only the courts determination of the prior hearing.
CS made many allegations in that motion and the only thing that was sent with the motion was the notarized affidavit by her father.
Her father can make any statement he wants but without a deposition taken under oath and any answers to any questions that are asked by the opposing attorney it is just an affidavit of statement. It bears some weight as to the fact that it may prove to be a viable source of information for CS case but at this point of what we see in the paperwork it does not constitute proof.

I am not an attorney I am only going by what I have experience in with regards to my own knowledge in court proceedings.

Mike,HLN just said LE needs to check to see if Crystal has any connections in Satsuma,don't they know this case before they report on it?They just reported on the back child support.

I also wanted to point out that you can't just show up at a contempt hearing and then plead your case to get the amount you owe each month in child support reduced/decreased. You have to file a separate Motion for Modification (and pay the filing fee) for the judge to then either deny or accept the reduction. It's all part of the Laws and the Rules of Civil Procedure.

Would she be entitled to a refund if she didn't work?

Out here if you get behind you are more than likely to spend weekends in jail. They don't play around with these deadbeats

Good point cajun. I'm wondering how someone would file for an income tax return if there was no income to claim. I'm also wondering who do you get a child tax credit if you haven't paid any taxes to get a credit on? :waitasec:

I believe there is a minimum for child support orders-

With about $350 per month for three children, that amounts to just over $40 per week per child- and if I recall correctly, that is the minimum.

I also know that unemployment and disability payments are garnished for child support.

Crystal's baby Chloe is almost a year old- and her child support is in arrears of about a year.

I wonder if her loss of employment coincides with when she had to take off to have the baby and her job wasn't held for her.

Not to mention, I'm sure Crystal didn't make much money- it might have cost her more to work after paying day care than it did to stay home.

Good point cajun. I'm wondering how someone would file for an income tax return if there was no income to claim. I'm also wondering who do you get a child tax credit if you haven't paid any taxes to get a credit on? :waitasec:

Chad could file for the tax credit- they are not married, so they wouldn't file joint anyway.

Chad could file for the tax credit- they are not married, so they wouldn't file joint anyway.

Yes he could. But, I was wondering because LA_girl was saying that the tax credit for the new child could be taken by the state to be applied for back child support.

If Chad files for it. Then I dont' see how.

We can make "bets" or wagers til the cows come home or cast aspersions re her ability to "throw punches"
:cow:
...but w no evidence, no history nor even any allegations of violence, hitting or abuse by bio mom, it is pointless to try to disparage her in this way. Law_girl, I hear you loud and clear and think u deserve some applause :clap: JMO

ETA: hope that's clearer now

:parrot:

We can make "bets" and wagers til the cows come home...
...but w no evidence, no history and not even any allegations of child abuse against bio mom, it is pointless to try to disparage her in this way. Law_girl, I hear you loud and clear and think u deserve some applause :clap: JMO

KiKi I don't know what your talking about?

We can make "bets" and wagers til the cows come home...
...but w no evidence, no history nor even any allegations of child abuse against bio mom, it is pointless to try to disparage her in this way. Law_girl, I hear you loud and clear and think u deserve some applause :clap: JMO

There was an allegation of child abuse against the mother. But without all the paperwork we don't really know what happened. It could have been an unfounded allegation. I did realize tho, that the injunction Crystal filed against Ron for domestic violence, that we have all seen and was dismissed a week later, was filed right after he filed the emergency order to get the kids back and pursued the abuse allegation against her, as if he went off on her because he perceived she had done something to the kids?? Just my opinion tho!!!!

Plaintiffs
CUMMINGS RONALD LEMYLES
Defendants
SHEFFIELD CRYSTAL DIANE
2006-03-09
036.EMERGENCY MOTION FOR RETURN OF CHILDREN - PETITIONER

2006-03-15
037.NOTICE OF HEARING - HRG SET FOR 03/21/06 @ 10:30

2006-03-16
038.SUBPOENA FOR HEARING - HRG SET FOR 03/21/06 @ 10:30

2006-03-16
SUBPOENA FOR: MICHAEL S WORD C/O WALMART DISTRIBUTION

2006-03-16
CENTER

2006-03-20
039.NOTICE OF FILING TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR

2006-03-20
PROTECTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE WITH MINOR

2006-03-20
CHILDREN

2006-03-21
040.FAMILY COURT MINUTES

2006-03-22
041.ORDER ON EMERGENCY MOTION FOR RETURN OF CHILDREN

2006-03-22
042.NOTICE OF FILING TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR

2006-03-22

2006-03-22
CHILDREN

Edited to add:

Plaintiff(s):
SHEFFIELD CRYSTAL D

Defendant(s):
CUMMINGS RONALD L

Court Events
Date Event Judge Location
Progress Dockets
Image Date Description
03/23/2006 .ORDER OF DISMISSAL OF TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION
03/22/2006 .SUMMONS RETURNED SERVED
03/13/2006 .PETITION FOR INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIO
03/13/2006 .SERVICE INFORMATION SHEET
03/13/2006 .UNIFORM CHILD CUSTODY JURISDICTION AFFIDAVIT
03/13/2006 .TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLEN

I edited and hope it's clearer now. I just don't see the point in making "bets" and baseless comments about CS "throwing punches," when there is nothing to even suggest that she is capable of violence. JMO

I edited and hope it's clearer now. I just don't see the point in making "bets" and baseless comments about CS "throwing punches," when there is nothing to even suggest that she is capable of violence. JMO

See my post to you above.

There was an allegation of child abuse against the mother. But without all the paperwork we don't really know what happened. It could have been an unfounded allegation. I did realize tho, that the injunction Crystal filed against Ron for domestic violence, that we have all seen and was dismissed a week later, was filed right after he filed the emergency order to get the kids back and pursued the abuse allegation against her, as if he went off on her because he perceived she had done something to the kids?? Just my opinion tho!!!!

2006-03-09
036.EMERGENCY MOTION FOR RETURN OF CHILDREN - PETITIONER

2006-03-15
037.NOTICE OF HEARING - HRG SET FOR 03/21/06 @ 10:30

2006-03-16
038.SUBPOENA FOR HEARING - HRG SET FOR 03/21/06 @ 10:30

2006-03-16
SUBPOENA FOR: MICHAEL S WORD C/O WALMART DISTRIBUTION

2006-03-16
CENTER

2006-03-20
039.NOTICE OF FILING TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR

2006-03-20

2006-03-20
CHILDREN

2006-03-21
040.FAMILY COURT MINUTES

2006-03-22
041.ORDER ON EMERGENCY MOTION FOR RETURN OF CHILDREN

2006-03-22
042.NOTICE OF FILING TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR

2006-03-22

2006-03-22
CHILDREN

Oh Okay thanks Ceeker I didn't know what KiKi was talking about. Now I do.

Huh...that just looks like it might be a lil tit for tat...I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89