BLUE VAN:Investigation**REVISITED**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually, I live where it's very quiet and I can't hear any of our cars start from inside my house - except for the big Dodge Ram diesel. But if I were asleep, I'd never hear either. I never heard my own car start when my darling son decided to take it after graduation to joyride with his friends ~ I didn't know until I got the call from the police that he drove it over a cliff! LOL

This whole van thing just adds more questions than answers, I think??
I hope I posted this right - newbie, you know?

Welcome to WS...and I hope your son is ok!

So, what do you guys think?? they gave the van back - that gives me feelings of doom. As in no evidence....

That's what I've been thinking. LE would not release that van if there was evidence in it.

I know...I wish they would find something to lead in the right (any) direction. :banghead:

Does anyone think we will EVER know?! What if this goes unsolved and we never know what LE has or doesn't have? Wish we could find out something----SOON!:mad::furious:

No one knows yet who exactly owns the van. No one can figure out what Chelsea meant.

I have listened to and relistened to the video of Chelsea..there are also some clips of that interview on fox30.
Chelsea said that they were trying to think of what could have happened that night. The reporter said that it was Misty that called Chelsea but Chelsea did not say that. In the video it has Chelsea saying that -- later that night she called me crying saying Chelsea please tell me you are the one that put the scratch in my van....

Chelsea could have been talking that Lindsey called her that night not Misty like the reporter stated.
That would make much more sense since we know that Lindsey did own the van per her myspace page.

I am sure Misty was pretty busy talking to LE to be calling Chelsea talking about what could have happened and who put the scratch in the van. JMO

Why would Misty being calling and crying about a scratch on the van and begging her SIL to say she put the scratch there?

Is the scratch ON the van or IN the van???

Is the scratch ON the van or IN the van???

Everything I've read says ON the van. I haven't read anything about the scratch being inside. But, from all the inconsistencies in this case, who knows.

I believe Misty was buying the van from Chelsea so Chelsea may have retained possession of the van until Misty paid for it.

How close does Chelsea live to Misty? Is she the one that is around the corner?

yes. *** Tyler Rd.

...snip...
“The day Haleigh went missing, everyone was looking for her…she (Misty) called me later that night and said 'Chelsea, please tell me you’re the one who put the scratch in my van.' I started crying and told her there’s no way I put the scratch in her van," said Chelsea.
..snip..

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topsto...ce-In-The-Haleigh/1k5Lp9GD2E2M74ZPyUJb7g.cspx
This may be a stretch, but I wonder if Misty often borrows her SIL's van to take the kids someplace so they started refering to it as "Misty's" van? We make these dumb jokes in our family and then they become habitual.

They have that clip so edited..I wish we had the raw video of the interview, I think it would make much more sense then.

I have listened to and relistened to the video of Chelsea..there are also some clips of that interview on fox30.
Chelsea said that they were trying to think of what could have happened that night. The reporter said that it was Misty that called Chelsea but Chelsea did not say that. In the video it has Chelsea saying that -- later that night she called me crying saying Chelsea please tell me you are the one that put the scratch in my van....

Chelsea could have been talking that Lindsey called her that night not Misty like the reporter stated.
That would make much more sense since we know that Lindsey did own the van per her myspace page.

I am sure Misty was pretty busy talking to LE to be calling Chelsea talking about what could have happened and who put the scratch in the van. JMO

It would make more sense. But Chelsea also said that she went out to use the van and it was parked different. God, I am so confused. Chelsea wouldn't be dumb enough to try to place the van in Daytona when it wasn't...would she?

I know in our family, there are some people who borrow others cars a lot. Especially if one person has to work or get to school and their car isn't running at the moment.

For instance, if someone was going to night classes and they didn't want to have to have anyone pick them up after a child's bedtime, they may just borrow the car rather than have the other person go thru the hassle of getting sleeping kids loaded into a car and driving to pick them up. Perhaps this was the arrangement they had, she used the van at night to get to class because Misty had the kids in bed early, and her husband (Misty's brother) had small children at home as well.??

editing to add: this would make sense of the blanket too - because I've often thought when she said, "My blanket was in the van", why not run out and get it then to cover the child up? Even if the van was parked around the corner, one quick call and someone could have run it over to her pretty fast. But, if SIL was in class far enough away - then you wouldn't call and have them run it to you.

also.... wonder if LE checked to see if the banister on ramp at the back door was the right height to make the scratch? Like if you were backing the van up by the ramp?

It would make more sense. But Chelsea also said that she went out to use the van and it was parked different. God, I am so confused. Chelsea wouldn't be dumb enough to try to place the van in Daytona when it wasn't...would she?

I have yet to see anybody confirm where Chelsea lived. Some say Daytona, some say Crescent city, some say Taylor street.

If she does indeed live in Crescent city then the last search made along 17 makes sense.

Here is what I am wondering. Misty states that when she put Haleigh to bed, the bed (blanket) was wet. So, if HC wet the bed, why did she just wait until the child was going to bed to wash the blanket? Where were HC wet pjs from the night before? Wouldn't HC have gotten up and asked to be changed if she had wet the bed? Or, did she wet the bed the evening she disappeared and someone got mad at her for wetting the bed and she was strictly disciplined? I know if my children wet the bed, I strip it off right away - otherwise, there is a strong order of urine and they get up because the urine gets cold!

<snipped>

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Sitting in the driveway of Misty Cummings former home is a van driven by her sister-in-law. The light blue vehicle doesn&#8217;t look like anything out of the ordinary, but it was something investigators thought important enough to impound and analyze at their crime lab for weeks.

http://www.fox30online.com/mostpopu...ce-In-The-Haleigh/1k5Lp9GD2E2M74ZPyUJb7g.cspx

Has anyone figured out why the van is sitting in the Cummings' driveway if it doesn't belong to them?

We can't place Haleigh (yet) in that van, but we CAN place Misty in that van that night, since her blanket was in it. She's stated that over and over again. "My blanket was in the van that they took."

What I'd like to know is what was Misty doing snuggled in a blanket in that van that night.

Could it be that whoever took Haleigh wrapped her in Misty's blanket when he took her out?

<snipped>

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Sitting in the driveway of Misty Cummings former home is a van driven by her sister-in-law. The light blue vehicle doesn’t look like anything out of the ordinary, but it was something investigators thought important enough to impound and analyze at their crime lab for weeks.

http://www.fox30online.com/mostpopu...ce-In-The-Haleigh/1k5Lp9GD2E2M74ZPyUJb7g.cspx

Has anyone figured out why the van is sitting in the Cummings' driveway if it doesn't belong to them?

Probably just for the interview. Chelsea probably didn't want her house shown on t.v.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali
Back