Bob Saget dead at 65 -- hours after performing live

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this happened to my loved-one, I would not want photos, details, etc. published all over the media. I don't understand the assumption that there must be additional "personal" details they are hiding. I feel for his family.

What we haven't heard from forensic pathologists: could a person who takes such a hard fall resulting in this type of fracture really manage to make it from elsewhere in the room up onto the bed to lie down? Though I assume the answer is still yes, it's possible. (?)

Remember Natasha Richardson? She was fine, until she wasn't.

I tend to feel it was accidental.
Just speculation on my part. If Mr Saget took a hard fall in the bathroom, hitting his head hard enough to cause the fracture, he may have felt very disoriented, even if he had experienced brief LOC. He may have made his way to his bed to lay down, trying to become oriented again. Possibly developed a subdural hematoma that can turn fatal quickly, but not always immediately.

Such a sad shock for his family. My deepest sympathies to his loved ones.
He simply wouldn’t have been able to get up from a fall to the floor and move to the bed. My teen had a head injury less severe than Bob, but had to be helicoptered to a trauma center and spent 2 days in the ICU. He hit hard and would have been unconscious, and if he had somehow managed to make it to the bed, he wouldn’t have been found laying it like he was peacefully asleep.

If they had said they’d found him on the floor, I’d buy the whole story. But since they emphasized how he was found peacefully in bed with these massive injuries, and are trying to say he hit the headboard of the bed…nah.

It’s not my business, but I’m curious.

Is it known that the hotel had cameras in the hallways for certain? Because the hotel in Las Vegas where the shooting happened didn’t have hallway cameras. Just lobby and elevator cameras I believe.

He simply wouldn’t have been able to get up from a fall to the floor and move to the bed. My teen had a head injury less severe than Bob, but had to be helicoptered to a trauma center and spent 2 days in the ICU. He hit hard and would have been unconscious, and if he had somehow managed to make it to the bed, he wouldn’t have been found laying it like he was peacefully asleep.

If they had said they’d found him on the floor, I’d buy the whole story. But since they emphasized how he was found peacefully in bed with these massive injuries, and are trying to say he hit the headboard of the bed…nah.

It’s not my business, but I’m curious.

Is it known that the hotel had cameras in the hallways for certain? Because the hotel in Las Vegas where the shooting happened didn’t have hallway cameras. Just lobby and elevator cameras I believe.
Inside edition keeps showing a video of the hotel room. If that is his actual room, I don't even see any headboards on the beds. Clearly he couldn't have hit his head on a headboard if bed doesn't even have a headboard.
You can see the video in the link.
After Bob Saget's Autopsy Raises Alarm Around Skull Injuries, What Doctors Say to Do If You Hit Your Head | Inside Edition

This article has a theory straight from investigators.

“Now, investigators have pieced together a theory of how Saget died.

Authorities checked the marble end tables and counters in the bathroom, but found no traces of blood or hair. Now, they believe that Saget lost consciousness in the bathroom and fell backward onto the marble floor, striking his head.

Police believe that a groggy Saget regained consciousness and stumbled into bed, where he again lost consciousness and died. His time of death was estimated to be around 4:00 am, approximately 12 hours before his body was found.”

What Really Happened to Bob Saget? New Details on His Final Hours

Now, investigators have pieced together a theory of how Saget died.

Authorities checked the marble end tables and counters in the bathroom, but found no traces of blood or hair. Now, they believe that Saget lost consciousness in the bathroom and fell backward onto the marble floor, striking his head.

Police believe that a groggy Saget regained consciousness and stumbled into bed, where he again lost consciousness and died. His time of death was estimated to be around 4:00 am, approximately 12 hours before his body was found.”

Since they found no traces of blood or hair, it's a complete speculation with no actual evidence. But it does appear they viewed the video of him exiting the elevator and he was not showing any signs of distress. My guess is they didn't check for evidence right away (since it was originally believed he died from a heart attack or a stroke), so it could have been cleaned by the time they got to it?

Last edited:

So did he post the 3:32 am tweet before he hit his head or after?

He posted at 3:32 am, hit his head, and died around 4:00 am?

Here’s what bothers me about the theory. When people pass out while standing, they tend to crumple, NOT fall over stiff like a tree. If he had gone backwards, stiff as a board and literally hit the marble floor from 6’4” up head first with nothing to break the fall, then yeah, I can see it. But that’s not how people faint. They crumple either straight down or sideways, but I don’t think they hit head first. It just doesn’t ring true to me.

The 3:32 am tweet really throws a wrench in things.
If he died around 4 am, he could have tweeted first, then hit his head and died soon after.
So did he post the 3:32 am tweet before he hit his head or after?

He posted at 3:32 am, hit his head, and died around 4:00 am?
That's what it sounds like. My guess is the tweet had to be before the head trauma, because he would have been in an enormous amount of pain due to broken orbital bones.

Lost consciousness and then fell and hit his head? Lost consciousness due to what? Did he take a sleeping pill, like Ambien? Have a blood clot from the Covid vax? Regardless why is this all so shrouded in mystery.

I don’t recall specifically what the tox report showed so apologies if I’m missing something. Regardless I wouldn’t be surprised if authorities know exactly COD and aren’t saying. JMO

Lost consciousness and then fell and hit his head? Lost consciousness due to what? Did he take a sleeping pill, like Ambien? Have a blood clot from the Covid vax? Regardless why is this all so shrouded in mystery.

I don’t recall specifically what the tox report showed so apologies if I’m missing something. Regardless I wouldn’t be surprised if authorities know exactly COD and aren’t saying. JMO
He had an actual covid. That could cause blood clots. He was still covid positive at the time of death. His official cause of death is accidental blunt force trauma to the head.

Here’s what bothers me about the theory. When people pass out while standing, they tend to crumple, NOT fall over stiff like a tree. If he had gone backwards, stiff as a board and literally hit the marble floor from 6’4” up head first with nothing to break the fall, then yeah, I can see it. But that’s not how people faint. They crumple either straight down or sideways, but I don’t think they hit head first. It just doesn’t ring true to me.
It's possible to fall backwards from passing out. I saw a video of the female comedian passing out on stage. She went backwards and hit her head hard. She couldn't get up after this, though. They had to call her an ambulance.

Has anyone else here fallen backward, landing hard?

I once fell backward opening a door. I took a step back to make room for the door and stumbled over a box that was on the floor. However I managed to hold my head up so just my body hit the floor.

Maybe he slipped and just fell too fast/was just unable to keep his head from hitting.

LE's latest theory makes the most sense, IMO.

He had an actual covid. That could cause blood clots. He was still covid positive at the time of death. His official cause of death is accidental blunt force trauma to the head.
Thank you jj. I was mainly questioning re: the theory posted from that article, about how he was first groggy and lost consciousness, before falling and hitting his head.

Has anyone else here fallen backward, landing hard?

I once fell backward opening a door. I took a step back to make room for the door and stumbled over a box that was on the floor. However I managed to hold my head up so just my body hit the floor.

Maybe he slipped and just fell too fast/was just unable to keep his head from hitting.

LE's latest theory makes the most sense, IMO.
I already posted that I did as a young teen. I was sitting on the railing then lost my balance and fell backwards hitting my head hard. I didn't tell anybody out of embarrassment for being clumsy (as I believed back then). Thankfully I didn't suffer the same consequences as Bob Saget.

It's possible to fall backwards from passing out. I saw a video of the female comedian passing out on stage. She went backwards and hit her head hard. She couldn't get up after this, though. They had to call her an ambulance.
Yikes that’s scary. I’m sure it’s possible. But I’ve seen people faint from standing several times, and I’ve just never seen anyone land head first. Their knees kind of buckle, and they crumple, and even if they do hit their head, other parts of their bodies hit first. I have no problem with the theory that he passed out and fell and even hit his head. But to do THAT kind of damage? I’m skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18