Bob Saget dead at 65 -- hours after performing live

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes that’s scary. I’m sure it’s possible. But I’ve seen people faint from standing several times, and I’ve just never seen anyone land head first. Their knees kind of buckle, and they crumple, and even if they do hit their head, other parts of their bodies hit first. I have no problem with the theory that he passed out and fell and even hit his head. But to do THAT kind of damage? I’m skeptical.
Article I am linking has a link to the video of the female comedian falling backwards (from passing out) and hitting her head. She couldn't get up after that, they had to call her an ambulance.
Heather McDonald shares video of the moment she collapsed on stage, fractured her skull (yahoo.com)

Here’s what bothers me about the theory. When people pass out while standing, they tend to crumple, NOT fall over stiff like a tree. If he had gone backwards, stiff as a board and literally hit the marble floor from 6’4” up head first with nothing to break the fall, then yeah, I can see it. But that’s not how people faint. They crumple either straight down or sideways, but I don’t think they hit head first. It just doesn’t ring true to me.

I passed out like this once many years ago. I fell straight back and hit the back of my head hard on the floor when I did so. Luckily, I was standing at the desk in the ER being discharged from having had an accident at work when I fainted. They did keep me in the hospital overnight and all the next day for observation . I had a huge goose egg on the back of my head that took months to go away.

I passed out like this once many years ago. I fell straight back and hit the back of my head hard on the floor when I did so. Luckily, I was standing at the desk in the ER being discharged from having had an accident at work when I fainted. They did keep me in the hospital overnight and all the next day for observation . I had a huge goose egg on the back of my head that took months to go away.
Sounds like the first time they discharged you too soon.

I HAVE A FAR FETCHED THEORY

I BELIEVE in the theory that Bob Saget was involved in some kind of unseemly behavior in his hotel room that led to his head fractures and death. As a result, the family is trying to protect his image by not releasing embarrassing information that would tarnish his image.

HOWEVER, there are some opinions that go counter to this theory. First, one neurosurgeon said that the head injuries were not the kind that could have been sustained in a hotel room. Another neurosurgeon said that these are the type of injuries that you would see when someone is hit with a baseball bat or has a fall of 20 to 30 feet. Rst J said that CNN posited the question whether viewers : wonder whether Saget had perhaps been the victim of a violent assault. Also some have questioned how he could have gotten in bed with these serious injuries.

OKAY SO HERE'S THE FAR FETCHED THEORY: Alright, so two men follow Bob Saget to his hotel room. When he is about to enter, one man has a gun and the other has a baseball bat or perhaps something more compact. These two men accost Bob Saget and follow him into his room. One man holds a gun to him, and the other beats him with something like a baseball bat. They do not want the noise of a gunshot in the hotel for fear of being discovered. After knocking him unconscious, they place him on the bed. Somehow they are able to leave the room without the electronic sensor being tripped. Perhaps he had been recognized outside, and this was to be a robbery but they got scared of f or they did manage to take something that they wanted. Or perhaps, Bob Saget knew someone or knew something and someone wanted him killed ,and these were professionals. In any event, one of these two men posted Bob Saget's last tweet to throw off the timeline.

THOUGHTS?
They have him entering the hotel room on camera.

They have him entering the hotel room on camera.
As far as I can tell, they have him existing the elevator and going down the hallway towards his room on camera. There are no cameras that could show how he entered his hotel room.

My s lost consciousness once, and fell forward, breaking his nose. BS, if (just hypothesizing), something else caused him to lose consciousness, he could maybe have been turning away from the marble sink and fallen backwards, hitting it on the way down? Maybe. (though possibly the distance might not be far enough to cause the severity of his injury, if he hit his head on the way down). Remember, he’d taken Klonopin and Trazodone, commonly RX for sleep. So he was probably groggy. Might have even allen asleep and gotten up to use the bathroom when he fell.

Has anyone else here fallen backward, landing hard?

I once fell backward opening a door. I took a step back to make room for the door and stumbled over a box that was on the floor. However I managed to hold my head up so just my body hit the floor.

Maybe he slipped and just fell too fast/was just unable to keep his head from hitting.

LE's latest theory makes the most sense, IMO.

Yes, I've fallen straight backwards hard. Laminate flooring w/concrete underneath.

I had taken some Enbrel (new Meds for me) for my arthritis the night before, got up fine...
went in to my kitchen, standing at the counter getting my tea ready and dropped flat on my back. There was no crumbling to the ground.

No warning....laid there for I don't know how long..came to, and carried on.

This has been bugging me! I’ve stayed in that exact hotel and many Ritz properties. All have spacious all marble bathrooms and marble is a very slippery flooring.

My theory is maybe he was cat-napping, went to use bathroom in a groggy state in a dark room, slipped in marble bathroom and fell backwards hitting his head on the floor and bounced into the side of the tile wall or shower or toilet causing front and side injuries.

I fell (leaning over bathtub rinsing my hair) into the tub hitting front of my head then spinning on slippery surface and bouncing onto ceramic soap dish on back of my head

I’m short and it was a short space - Bob was tall and Ritz bathrooms are huge
My fall was morning his was night (I went groggily straight to work)

makes sense ?

Lost consciousness and then fell and hit his head? Lost consciousness due to what? Did he take a sleeping pill, like Ambien? Have a blood clot from the Covid vax? Regardless why is this all so shrouded in mystery.

I don’t recall specifically what the tox report showed so apologies if I’m missing something. Regardless I wouldn’t be surprised if authorities know exactly COD and aren’t saying. JMO

It doesn’t make sense even more now. The family filed an injunction and didn’t want any details released yet today they release this and it’s a different story.

No one knows what happened in the room unless there was a hidden camera. So everything is just a guess as to what he hit his head on.

Does marijuana show up in a toxicology report? I can see them not wanting that to be made public. It could have been conveniently not disclosed.

I slipped on wet moss on a wooden deck at my parent's house last May and fell straight back. My head hit the deck so hard it bounced and hit a second time. Or so witnesses tell me. Knocked me out cold. I'm only a couple years younger than BS. I survived and my parent's telling me I am hard headed over the years was true. Thank goodness.

Last October my eldest daughter's boyfriend slipped on wet grass and fell and landed the same way that I did in May. He was declared brain dead within the week and died shortly after life support was removed. He was much younger than me. I'm still reeling that I survived with no major injury and he didn't.

A neurosurgeon, Dr. Martin Rutkowski, explains how BS’s injuries are so extensive they would have been caused when the brain undergoes high impact at a significant high speed or force. They are not injuries caused by a bump to the head or simple head trauma. He has only seen this type trauma from high speed accidents or falls from great heights.

He’s on YouTube. Are we allowed to link ?

What Really Happened to Bob Saget? New Details on His Final Hours

BBM
Now, investigators have pieced together a theory of how Saget died.

Authorities checked the marble end tables and counters in the bathroom, but found no traces of blood or hair. Now, they believe that Saget lost consciousness in the bathroom and fell backward onto the marble floor, striking his head.

Police believe that a groggy Saget regained consciousness and stumbled into bed, where he again lost consciousness and died. His time of death was estimated to be around 4:00 am, approximately 12 hours before his body was found.

Well, thanks for this, as there was so much speculation and confusion about how this happened. I hadn't read this latest information and it sounds like everything was checked like the end tables and other marble corners, etc. which is good to know. That sounds like a very reasonable assessment by authorities about what happened, and hopefully the matter will be put to rest now. It is certainly something to learn from, i.e. just how slippery and hard surfaced some bathrooms and modern day tiles can be, and that a person can't be too cautious when getting out of tubs and walking on wet surfaces, etc. Such a tragic accident for such a well loved man by all, and so sad for the family.

So BS sent at tweet at 3:42am and died at 4:00am? When exactly did the injury occur? Before or after the tweet?

I’m still baffled by what happened here and why the family does not want information released. If it’s just an accidental death from slipping and falling in the bathroom, why is the family fighting the release of autopsy records and saying their release would cause irreparable harm?

Unfortunately BS was well know and the public wants to know. Why is it important for them to hide the truth?

MOO

I slipped on wet moss on a wooden deck at my parent's house last May and fell straight back. My head hit the deck so hard it bounced and hit a second time. Or so witnesses tell me. Knocked me out cold. I'm only a couple years younger than BS. I survived and my parent's telling me I am hard headed over the years was true. Thank goodness.

Last October my eldest daughter's boyfriend slipped on wet grass and fell and landed the same way that I did in May. He was declared brain dead within the week and died shortly after life support was removed. He was much younger than me. I'm still reeling that I survived with no major injury and he didn't.
That’s horrible @sassyblue! :(

^^bbm

Really sorry for your experience @sassyblue as well as your daughter's loss. Decades ago we were the only home left standing after a grand forest fire when homes surrounding us were burned to the ground. I still think about this as I think you will too. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18