Bob Saget dead at 65 -- hours after performing live

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post made it seem like the ME won't consider the scene. Of course they do.

I never said they won't consider the scene. I said they don't rely on the police to determine if injuries are accidental or not in response to a post that appeared to say that the ME ruled accidental because of PD.

In nearly every locale, it's the responsibility of the ME/Coroner to determine both the manner and cause of death. Seems to me this case was no different.

Florida - Coroner/ME Laws | CDC

Your post made it seem like the ME won't consider the scene. Of course they do.

I never said they won't consider the scene. I said they don't rely on the police to determine if injuries are accidental or not in response to a post that appeared to say that the ME ruled accidental because of PD.

I didn't think it necessary to post the obvious but it's apparent this is not true.

To be clear, generally:

The Medical Examiner-Coroner is mandated by State Law (Government Code or Statute citation) to investigate all violent, sudden or medically unattended deaths within the county. This means that the Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office completes a thorough professional medicolegal investigation into all deaths related to suicide, homicide, accident, infectious or communicable disease, or when the decedent had not been treated by a licensed physician within the 20 days preceding his or her death.

The Medical Examiner-Coroner's Office is charged with determining both the manner of death, (homicide, suicide, accident, natural cause), and the actual medical reason or cause of death. The professional investigation completed by the Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office also includes establishing the identity of the decedent, and when possible, notifying the next of kin in a prompt and compassionate manner.

Frequently Asked Questions - Office of the Medical Examiner-Coroner

Bob Saget's family files a lawsuit to block release of records from his death investigation

Bob Saget's family files lawsuit to block release of records from his death investigation

On Tuesday, Saget's wife, Kelly Rizzo, and three daughters filed a lawsuit against the medical examiner's office and the Orange County sheriff seeking injunctive relief to prevent the release of any records -- including photographs, video and audio recordings, and "statutorily protected autopsy information" -- related to his death.

"Plaintiffs will suffer irreparable harm in the form of extreme mental pain, anguish, and emotional distress if Defendants release the Records in response to public records requests or otherwise disseminate the Records for any other reason or purpose," the lawsuit stated.

The complaint contends that media outlets have filed or plan to file public records requests seeking the release of the records and argues that no "legitimate public interest would be served" by their release.

Bob Saget's family files a lawsuit to block release of records from his death investigation

Bob Saget's family files lawsuit to block release of records from his death investigation

On Tuesday, Saget's wife, Kelly Rizzo, and three daughters filed a lawsuit against the medical examiner's office and the Orange County sheriff seeking injunctive relief to prevent the release of any records -- including photographs, video and audio recordings, and "statutorily protected autopsy information" -- related to his death.

"Plaintiffs will suffer irreparable harm in the form of extreme mental pain, anguish, and emotional distress if Defendants release the Records in response to public records requests or otherwise disseminate the Records for any other reason or purpose," the lawsuit stated.

The complaint contends that media outlets have filed or plan to file public records requests seeking the release of the records and argues that no "legitimate public interest would be served" by their release.

Interesting twist. To me, that confirms what someone said above about something embarrassing being in there. Not foul play, but injury during some activity that's private/should be private.

Most interesting

I’ve been trying to be on the side of calm, but this makes me think there is more to what happened than what they are saying.

Well, this doesn't suggest foul play. Just the opposite actually. It also doesn't change the facts of what we know, that there was only one point of impact (back of head), likely from posterior fall, and that he was found in bed. But the details of how he fell, why he fell, and if he had any help in getting into bed are certainly put into question now.

Or, they know that people will be plastering all of his post mortem photos and post mortem related records will be dragged through the mud, which will make it so every news channel is publishing them. I am curious about what happened. But, if he were my spouse or father, I wouldn't want the world having access to/dissecting/commenting on my loved ones body. There is really no public interest here. His death is ruled an accident.

It explains why his wife would interview with the media so quickly. I think she did 2 or 3. Sounds like she was trying to get ahead of it. I understand the privacy of photos but I expect there to be disclosure regarding the video without releasing it to the public. Otherwise it becomes preferential treatment.

A bit odd too that 2 of his friends went to get his car. Why wouldn’t they hire someone on that side for a one way drive and return flight back for the car?

Well, this doesn't suggest foul play. Just the opposite actually. It also doesn't change the facts of what we know, that there was only one point of impact (back of head), likely from posterior fall, and that he was found in bed. But the details of how he fell, why he fell, and if he had any help in getting into bed are certainly put into question now.
Some of us have been questioning it from the moment the autopsy report was released because the injuries didn’t fit with the rhetoric and scene as described. I don’t think it was an illegal activity but rather something the family doesn’t want to share with the public.

Or, they know that people will be plastering all of his post mortem photos and post mortem related records will be dragged through the mud, which will make it so every news channel is publishing them. I am curious about what happened. But, if he were my spouse or father, I wouldn't want the world having access to/dissecting/commenting on my loved ones body. There is really no public interest here. His death is ruled an accident.

That's a very good point. The other possibility is that he had a health condition and they don't want that exploited either. I think this turn of events convinced me more than anything else that there was no foul play in this death.

Some of us have been questioning it from the moment the autopsy report was released because the injuries didn’t fit with the rhetoric and scene as described. I don’t think it was an illegal activity but rather something the family doesn’t want to share with the public.

The injuries do match up with a fall. There are all sorts of reasons that he was back in bed, some may be embarrassing, some innocent. The family trying to block it would suggest either something embarrassing or they're trying to protect his dignity/reputation/some other condition. But what got everyone's wheels turning was the possibility of foul play which I think we can all agree now is unlikely.

The injuries do match up with a fall. There are all sorts of reasons that he was back in bed, some may be embarrassing, some innocent. The family trying to block it would suggest either something embarrassing or they're trying to protect his dignity/reputation/some other condition. But what got everyone's wheels turning was the possibility of foul play which I think we can all agree now is unlikely.
Some experts disagree

Experts question Bob Saget's cause of death as autopsy reveals trauma consistent with taking a 'baseball bat to the head'

New findings in the death of comedian Bob Saget have raised questions about how the Full House star suffered such a significant blow to the head in his Orlando hotel room.

No, the injuries don't match up with a one-story fall on the back of his head. Many, many doctors have said this.

Some experts disagree

Experts question Bob Saget's cause of death as autopsy reveals trauma consistent with taking a 'baseball bat to the head'

New findings in the death of comedian Bob Saget have raised questions about how the Full House star suffered such a significant blow to the head in his Orlando hotel room.

No, the injuries don't match up with a one-story fall on the back of his head. Many, many doctors have said this.

We're going in circles and neither is going to convince the other. But suffice it to say that yes, the injuries do match up, according to forensic pathologists (the only true experts; neurosurgeons don't do autopsies), case reports, and peer reviewed articles all linked in this thread.

Everyone is free to form their own opinion of course about whether or not in his case this could have happened, but putting something out there as fact when it is not and has been proven not to be fact is spreading misinformation.

The family's request to withhold the records from the public doesn't change the fact that the injuries occurred and there was only one impact site. It also doesn't change the conclusion that it was likely sustained from a posterior fall, per the autopsy. The only thing the family's lawsuit does is open the possibility that there was something else going on either medically or personally before the fall or right after the fall (i.e. someone may have helped him get into bed or maybe he had a medical condition that predisposed him to the fall or maybe he had a seizure, who knows?).

Last edited:
We're going in circles and neither is going to convince the other. But suffice it to say that yes, the injuries do match up, according to forensic pathologists (the only true experts; neurosurgeons don't do autopsies), case reports, and peer reviewed articles all linked in this thread.

Everyone is free to form their own opinion of course about whether or not in his case this could have happened, but putting something out there as fact when it is not and has been proven not to be fact is spreading misinformation.

I haven't seen any links that prove a one-story fall causes three fractures on all sides of the head or that it's reasonable to think this is anything but a one-in-two-million kind of fall.

Neurosurgeons and ER docs are experts on fatal and non-fatal head injuries and it's absurd to act like forensic pathologists have a monopoly on this kind of information. It's simply inaccurate.

I haven't seen any links that prove a one-story fall causes three fractures on all sides of the head or that it's reasonable to think this is anything but a one-in-two-million kind of fall.

Neurosurgeons and ER docs are experts on fatal and non-fatal head injuries and it's absurd to act like forensic pathologists have a monopoly on this kind of information. It's simply inaccurate.

I'm sorry, but no it isn't. ER docs especially are definitely not experts on any such thing. A forensic pathologist's job is literally to figure out whether or not a head injury could have been fatal or not and to suss out the injury pattern. That's what they're trained to do, what they're certified to do. ER docs are not. Neurosurgeons at least are experts of the brain, but even neurosurgeons do not do this. It's the forensic pathologists who do.

I'll also add that I've posted multiple links in this thread about contrecoup skull fractures and they do say that a single impact in the back of the head can cause fracture on the opposite side of the skull. No one has studied BS's case specifically so I can't provide data for that, but I think at this point, we should probably all realize that there was no baseball bat and no indication of any foul play.

I agree. There'd be cctv footage of the comings and goings from his hotel room, I don't believe there was foul play, his family want his private life, kept private. People will be snooping into his life besides his manner of death. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilasha34