Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate even using the name Jahi in the same sentence as Bobbi K. Not that I have anything but love and respect and sympathy for Jahi. I just do not want to see Bobbi going down the same lonely road. :cry:

BBM

That's false. If she is in a medically induced coma, she cannot be evaluated for brain death. We do not know if she is actually still in a medically induced coma, we do not know if she has yet been evaluated for brain death. Perhaps she has been declared brain dead but the hospital has not yet acted on their legal right to withdraw treatment in order to give the family their "reasonable period" to deal with the situation, etc. We don't know anything for sure.

And wasn't that MY comment you were responding to?

Yes it was your comment, my apologies. That is exactly what I am saying. We don't know anything for sure.

We watched this lady grow up .........remembering her as a little active girl, hiding in kitchen cubboards, sucking her thumb...............and now as we wish she would wake up whole like sleeping beauty, but realistic we must prepare that may not happen at all. :rose: it is a watch & wait, until the hospital makes a move and BB makes his dreaded decision. No one is a winner here. IMOO BK had so much against her. Trama to her and lack of oxygen, seizure at hospital when hey tried to lesson her life support.
Bless her.........

J
A flat EEG is not one of the criteria used to determine brain death.

However, as has been stated several times in this thread, particularly by one of our vetted experts, it is true that doctors cannot evaluate brain death in a person who is in a medically induced coma. Nor is it done in the early days when brain swelling could interfere with the results. I don't know what threshold of ICP (or other diagnostic measure) is used to determine when it's acceptable to evaluate the brain function.

Possible that pupils are fixed and dilated?

J

Possible that pupils are fixed and dilated?

Well, they could be fixed and dilated in the presence of severe swelling, right? At some point they would be able to say, "well, brain swelling is down, so those pupils should be reacting by now." I don't absolutely know how that is determined. Time? The link gives a suggestion I think of 48-72 hours after injury. ICP? Not sure.

I think maybe because of all the references to Jahi. Her family made it into a racial issue when the hospital suggested they turn off the ventilator.

If BK is still on life support a year from now, we can have the discussion that this case is comparable to Jahi(which I knew nothing about until today). Right now there is no comparison my mind.

Could some of these people just want their own 15 minutes of fame before it is all over?
who will sell the 1st photos etc.............:(

BBM - Oh that will probably be Tina Brown (Bobby's sister). She is the one involved in the fight where she was called a crackhead by her son and got mad and her son ended up with stitches in his head.

Tina is the one who is highly suspected of selling the pic of WH's body in her casket. She starred in the national Enquirer's "WORLD EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: "I DID CRACK WITH WHITNEY!" after WH's death

Tina is the one who smoked crack with WH a lot. Then after her WH's death the "free" crack was gone so then ran to the media with pics of WH's bathroom with drug paraphernalia in it, told tales of their smoking crack together making sure we all knew that it was WH who paid for it all.

So i guess if crack is "free" for you then you are better than those who pay for it? Or maybe Tina was the one who did the actual physical purchasing of the crack but put the emphasis on the fact that WH was paying for it, so that make Tina less of a crack addict? Hmm.. makes sense (especially with crackhead logic) Notice how pi$$ed Tina got at her son when he called her one.

That Tina seems real classy and down right friendly,.. just don't call her a crackhead, lol.

Hi! I have been following along but haven't really contributed anything, but I wanted to share with you that I read Cissy's book about WH and I have to disagree with what you posted. In her book she stated that WH would never really allow her to visit, and one time she showed up unannounced at her mansion and that when she went in it was disgusting. Filthy dirty with half eaten food containers and piles of trash laying all around and also someone (she didn't know who) had spray-painted scary faces all over the walls. This is the reality of what BK and NG grew up around. There are pictures on the net of WH bathroom, with drugs laying all around and cigarettes and trash and it is disgusting. Also, BB admitted himself that they would do heroin to come down off the coke/crack. Also, WH admitted to Oprah that she took BK with her to rehab - who does that? WH had a beautiful voice, but I do not think she was a very nice person and I have to question just how much she really interacted with BK and NG if she was as drugged up as she was. Cissy said in her book that when WH died they found full dentures and wigs and that she was always losing her dentures and had to have them constantly remade. Drugs, especially crack/coke can make a person lose their teeth. It is truly amazing she lived as long as she did with the lifestyle she was living. They may have had a bunch of money, but it sounds to me like a fancy crack den in reality. It is very sad - I lost a lot of respect for WH after reading about what she was really doing with her life. I don't think she was a very nice person. I don't mean to speak ill of the dead, but this is just my opinion.

If even a bit of this is true, I imagine that BK does not know where her mother ended and she began. Sounds like WH and BK had an enmeshed, codependent relationship. With a mother like Whitney, I don't imagine BK had much of a chance, especially after her mother died.

I am just saying we are hearing very different reports from many different sources and have from the very beginning. Some family members are reporting that her condition is improving. And then all of a sudden we have posters talking about it being lies. It's almost as if there are some who do not want her to make it.

I am not advocating that they keep her on life support indefinitely. Just that they do so, AND remain hopeful, until all avenues have been explored.

ITA!!! And thank you!

It makes me angry to come here and read all the negativity. Even if you don't believe staying positive will help BK, do you really think staying negative helps anyone?

Why does everyone here choose to believe the tabloids BEFORE the family? It seems ridiculous and disrespectful to me. We have NO indication that BK is brain dead. We have NO indication that this was anything other than a terrible accident and we have NO reason to pass judgement on this family for ANYTHING they choose to do in this terrible situation. Whether they remove life support and when is NOBODY's business but theirs.

If BK is still on life support a year from now, we can have the discussion that this case is comparable to Jahi(which I knew nothing about until today). Right now there is no comparison my mind.

The comparison that comes to mind for me, is the tough position the family is in. The hospital is only going to allow that ICU room to be used by a patient in her condition, for only so long. They will give the family awhile to process their grief, get their plans in order, and then gently ask them to either unplug the ventilator OR move her to another long term care facility. I think that time has now come.

That is why Jahi's case is being mentioned here. Her family claimed that the hospital was not giving her time to heal, and was forcing them to end her life. And a round of court battles began. I hope this does not come to that as well.

Friend: Bobbi Kristina's boyfriend questioned

Bobbi Kristina remains in medically induced coma

Author: By Ashley Fantz CNN

Published On: Feb 10 2015 02:20:04 PM EST Updated 16 m

"I can confirm that we have a criminal investigation ongoing," Roswell Police Chief Rusty Grant said in an email sent to CNN on Tuesday night.

A friend of Bobbi Kristina Brown said police have questioned Brown's boyfriend about bruises on the young woman's chest after she was found unresponsive in a bathtub January 31...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/friend-bobbi-kristinas-boyfriend-questioned/31195912

Loss of airway, cardiac arrest, hypoxia...

10:25 AM PT -- A lawyer for Bobby Brown just issued a statement, saying there is no truth to the story that Bobbi Kristina will be taken off life support tomorrow. As we reported, members of the Brown family informed us that was indeed the case. But the lawyer, Christopher Brown, says it's not so.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3RMwoDzJf

Is anyone really surprised by this denial?

Or perhaps this is the truth and it doesn't provide all the tabloids with a big enough story?

I'm not finding fault with their denial. I'm sure the family wants to protect their privacy. I don't blame them. FWIW, I don't really believe the denial, but that's only for the reasons I just mentioned - protecting their privacy. And that's just my opinion, which, when paired with $1, will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds.

Yes! I think this too. Since I have no idea what really is and isn't true I try to remember that this young girl is only 21 and didn't have a chance to do anything with herself yet. She had her whole life in front of her, and that's been taken away. It's tragic.I just pray for her and her family. If there is any way a miracle can happen for this young girl, I hope it does.

Watching NG Show now. There's a Police Report from last July , police were called to the home, the report apparently states Bobbi Kristina experienced a seizure like episode. NickG was present and confirmed it.

Don't know what occurred then, or why. I'd expect she went to a doctor or got some testing done then. Would like to hear the whole story of the event to determine how this supposed seizure occurred, but police were called. There's also a short video clip of BK and NG mentioning it.

my apologies my reply above was in response to sunflowerchick's post.

Watching NG Show now. There's a Police Report from last July , police were called to the home, the report apparently states Bobbi Kristina experienced a seizure like episode. NickG was present and confirmed it.

Don't know what occurred then, or why. I'd expect she went to a doctor or got some testing done then. Would like to hear the whole story of the event to determine how this supposed seizure occurred, but police were called. There's also a short video clip of BK and NG mentioning it.

It seems odd that the police were called. Wouldn't an ambulance be called? Or maybe there was and the police came too?

Hi! I have been following along but haven't really contributed anything, but I wanted to share with you that I read Cissy's book about WH and I have to disagree with what you posted. In her book she stated that WH would never really allow her to visit, and one time she showed up unannounced at her mansion and that when she went in it was disgusting. Filthy dirty with half eaten food containers and piles of trash laying all around and also someone (she didn't know who) had spray-painted scary faces all over the walls. This is the reality of what BK and NG grew up around. There are pictures on the net of WH bathroom, with drugs laying all around and cigarettes and trash and it is disgusting. Also, BB admitted himself that they would do heroin to come down off the coke/crack. Also, WH admitted to Oprah that she took BK with her to rehab - who does that? WH had a beautiful voice, but I do not think she was a very nice person and I have to question just how much she really interacted with BK and NG if she was as drugged up as she was. Cissy said in her book that when WH died they found full dentures and wigs and that she was always losing her dentures and had to have them constantly remade. Drugs, especially crack/coke can make a person lose their teeth. It is truly amazing she lived as long as she did with the lifestyle she was living. They may have had a bunch of money, but it sounds to me like a fancy crack den in reality. It is very sad - I lost a lot of respect for WH after reading about what she was really doing with her life. I don't think she was a very nice person. I don't mean to speak ill of the dead, but this is just my opinion.

BBM. wow, i have NEVER heard of anyone bringing a child to rehab. Addicts need time alone away from ALL of the people in their lives so they can focus on themselves and their addiction. This is so they do not have others to hide behind, to enable them to help them stay in denial, to manipulate, etc. WTH would you bring a place where a bunch of addicts are in recovery.

This speaks volumes. It shows WH was still calling the shots, even in rehab. Obviously there had to be someone to watch BK there and WH would have had separate accommodations, suitable for her and a child. Very likely presented to BK as just another "vacation" or "spa visit". How convenient to have BK with her so she could clearly establish that she was not like those addicts who were there. I am sure she told herself that and let everyone know she was just there to make her mom happy or she was just "researching a role". Or was this some completely private rehab with Just WH and staff at her beck and call?

As a child of two hardcore addicts, raised in a chaotic life where her parents had the money to keep the party going, poor Bk was just so doomed from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf