Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the real change between NG and the family went south when he went from a "brother" relationship to a "lover" relationship. I would bet that change morphed about the same time as HW's will content became known. Bobbi Kristina was in a very vulnerable emotional state and NG took advantage of that. He didn't want the gravy train to pull into the depot. Bobbi was 18 at the time and considered an adult, the family could do little to put the skids on it. While others are at her bedside I would bet he's out trying to find the "marriage certificate". As that would be about a $20M document.

JMO's

Really? The woman who had a restraining order against NG? TIA

If so ... what's NG trying to convey to the H family? to the public?

waitasec.gif

It looks like her to me. Maybe not. :dunno:

I believe the real change between NG and the family went south when he went from a "brother" relationship to a "lover" relationship. I would bet that change morphed about the same time as HW's will content became known. Bobbi Kristina was in a very vulnerable emotional state and NG took advantage of that. He didn't want the gravy train to pull into the depot. Bobbi was 18 at the time and considered an adult, the family could do little to put the skids on it. While others are at her bedside I would bet he's out trying to find the "marriage certificate". As that would be about a $20M document.

JMO's

I sure don't know much about this type of Lawyer stuff, but I did read somewhere along the way that even if it is found they are married, and BK passes. NG may only be entitled to the allotment she has already received (10% I believe)

Just bringing this informative post up for reference:

It appears that WH's will left money to BK in trust, to be distributed in portions as an allowance at the moment, with larger distributions to become due at certain key birthdays/ages.

Some news reports estimate Whitney Houston’s estate values around $20 million, with royalties accruing over the next year for an additional $50 to $100 million that will be added to her probate estate. Bobbi Kristina will be the sole beneficiary to an extremely large inheritance.Under Whitney Houston’s will, Bobbi Kristina receives her inheritance outright and free of trust as follows: 1/10th at age 21, 1/6th at age 25, and the entire balance at age 30. Assuming that the estate and royalties over the next year amount to $100 million and no interest accrues, this translates to handing Bobbi Kristina $10 million at age 21, $15 million at age 25, and $75 million at age 30.

http://www.thecodicil.org/home/inde...m-whitney-houston&catid=34:articles&Itemid=56

But if Bobbi Kristina, who is in a medically induced coma after being found face down in a bathtub in her Georgia home on Jan. 31, dies, the money will go to Cissy and her two sons, Michael and Gary, according to the will.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/02/06/whitney-houston-estate-bobbi-kristina-brown-dies-inherit-money/

Basically, Whitney's will controls Bobbi's inheritance until she receives the bulk of her trust on turning 30. If she passes before that distribution the funds revert back to Whitney's estate to be disbursed amongst her remaining named legatees, her mom, Cissy, and her brothers, Michael and Gary.

Thanks tlcya! And this:

link to the PDF of WH's Last Will and Testament. Reading now.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Entertainment/Whitney Houston Will.pdf

Page two of will article Four subparagraph A lists the powers of the trustee and they are broad as I imagined. Trustee can decide to give payments to beneficiaries for as much or as little as the trustee feels is appropriate. WH expresses her intent that the trust be used for such items as medical needs, education, purchase a home, etc. But leaves the matter solely up to the trustee.

A lot of information in that article. Thanks for posting. We now know the name of the male in the picture with BK. We know that the gf of Lomas was there and she and Lomas did CPR.
The water was ice cold and according to gf BK hadn't been in the water? bathroom? very long.
At least that is my take from reading. I can't imagine anyone getting in a tub of ice cold water of their own free will.
Hoping for the family to have word soon on what caused BK to be in this situation.

So if the GF was there and said BK wasn't in the BR long,she must have already been in the house. Otherwise,how would she know that? I'm very bothered by the ice cold water. How many people take an ice cold bath?

So if the GF was there and said BK wasn't in the BR long,she must have already been in the house. Otherwise,how would she know that? I'm very bothered by the ice cold water. How many people take an ice cold bath?

It takes a really long time for a hot bath to become ice cold.

Good thing about the ice cold water is that if true, could significantly improve BK's prognosis.
Of course this info comes from the Enquirer.... Gotta take that for what it's worth... Which ain't much IMO.

Not me. The most I can manage is tepid even in the warmer weather. The GF lived in the home for a while with her BF Max Lomas. I found it interesting that it was said that she heard NG yelling,but no clue if it was that day or a different time altogether.

Good thing about the ice cold water is that if true, could significantly improve BK's prognosis.
Of course this info comes from the Enquirer.... Gotta take that for what it's worth... Which ain't much IMO.

My thoughts as well on the colder water. I just hope that wasn't a real photo on the cover. How awful to think that someone snapped that before helping.

They are running a report tonight on Entertainment Tonight that BK's family meeting with family today. Has not run yet. We'll see.

Much more of the same, IMO.

JMO's

there must be some logical explanation for all the denials............messed up news and keeping BK in a medically induced coma on life support. why? for LE?

there must be some logical explanation for all the denials............messed up news and keeping BK in a medically induced coma on life support. why? for LE?

I think Bobby is just in denial. Nothing more, I think he can not and will not accept this yet.

I can't even imagine being anyone who loves this young lady. The spotlight, the swirling rumors 24/7, the paps digging dirt and trying to get the goods. It must be maddening. Now IF she is not in a state where recovery or quality of life is possible, imagine being Bobby Brown (pun not meant to be funny). Trying to wrap your head around stuff and plan, decide to say goodbye. I pray for him and all BK's loved ones. Such a hard thing if reports are true and this is not something she will recover from in any real sense of the word.

I think Bobby is just in denial. Nothing more, I think he can not and will not accept this yet.

I agree. It appears he is in extreme denial.

And if a decision is not made very soon, within a few more days, then it will become very complicated. If she is making no progress at all in ICU, she can't stay there indefinitely.

We are at 3 weeks with essentially no improvement. They have only 2 options: withdraw support, or plan to move her to a long term care/ rehab situation. It's pretty clear that no one is trying to get her off the vent, so I can assume it's not possible, at this point. At 3 weeks, they would definitely be trying to "wake her up" to see if she can have any respiratory effort at all. (That would have happened more than a week ago.)

For the type of injury she has, by report, a drowning with full arrest at the scene, and now 3 weeks of "coma", there are really no ICU level acute care interventions left. The care provided is supportive, not "curative". All of the immediate ICU interventions to improve her chances at neurological improvement have been done by now-- medically induced coma to reduce brain activity (that is usually only a few days), hypothermia, various medications and strategies to reduce acute brain swelling, etc.

Nothing encouraging about her condition has been leaked or stated outright.

IMO, the ICU docs as well as social work, and administrators have been explaining over and over what her condition actually is, and what the prognosis is. I am absolutely certain that the truth of her condition has been explained to BB and other relatives over and over.

I think there will be changes coming very soon, and she will not be in the ICU much longer. If she meets the criteria for brain death, the ethics committee will recommend setting a date and time for withdrawal of support (either in the ICU, or on another unit). The consensus of an ethics committee is a layer of protection for the docs and the hospital. (It's possible that this case has already been evaluated by the Emory ethics committee. Family does not have to consent to a referral to the ethics committee, but are always notified.)

If BB does not agree with that, the case will likely go to court to prevent withdrawal of support, just as Jahi McMath's did. Doctors do not "refrain" from making a brain death diagnosis if it is clearly indicated. Next of kin do not get to "decide" if the evaluation should take place or not, or decide if the diagnosis is made-- that belongs to doctors, in all 50 states. But if the family disagrees with the finding, they can try to get an injunction to prevent care from being withdrawn. And the court will likely do what they did in the McMath case-- appoint an outside expert to do another evaluation, and report to the court.

If she does not meet criteria for brain death, the ethics committee would still make a recommendation as to how to proceed. In that case, if BB desires to continue care, they will have to decide to place a trach and g-tube (or not), and where she will be moved to.

I still think that all signs indicate she is brain dead. I think BB is in denial, and devastated. He is putting off making any decisions, IMO. The hospital, in deference to the celebrities, have extended much more patience and time than they would for most families, IMO, which may end up making the situation much more difficult in the long run. (As we saw with the McMath case.)

As long as she is in the ICU, there is the aura that she is perhaps making progress, and the public grasps onto the illusion that the situation may be hopeful after all.

Info about Emory's ethics committee process:

http://www.emoryhealthcare.org/emor...dtown-atlanta/patient/while-you-are-here.html

For K_Z's attention, please:

Does Bobby Brown live in NJ? If so, what would it take for him to move BK to a facility/private residence there...the same route that Jahi's mother+lawyer pursued?

Maybe he is thinking a la cryogenics that if he keeps BK on life support, a way to 'cure' will be developed in future. (Yes, I know)

Sad situation all-around.

TIA

~jmo~

For K_Z's attention, please:

Does Bobby Brown live in NJ? If so, what would it take for him to move BK to a facility/private residence there...the same route that Jahi's mother+lawyer pursued?

Maybe he is thinking a la cryogenics that if he keeps BK on life support, a way to 'cure' will be developed in future. (Yes, I know)

Sad situation all-around.

TIA

~jmo~

I have no idea where BB lives-- beyond being WH's husband, and the history of drug abuse, I didn't even really know anything about him. I had to use wiki, lol-- and discovered he's about 10-15 years younger than I thought he was. I'm not the most knowledgeable person about celebrities.

What I do know is that unlike the Jahi McMath family (who are poor-- the family was just about evicted for non-payment of rent in the past few weeks), this family does not have to put up a fundraiser to bring together enough money to find medical transportation to go wherever they would want to go. The tougher part might be finding a long term care facility if she is truly brain dead. But even then, their celebrity and vast financial ability would open doors.

And if they couldn't find a LTC center, they have the financial means to care for her at home, with round the clock skilled caregivers/ nurses. So they have options available to them that a family of more modest means would not.

ETA:
*And even if we pretend that she is going to recover to some level of functioning, she would need about a year of long term care/ rehab, at this point. So, brain dead or not, the family would need to be making plans to find a care center for her right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spudxii