Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
K_Z Since it has been 2 weeks, is this a turning point for doctors and the hospital where they approach the family and let them know that other things need to happen? Meaning to a different facility, letting her go , etc. There has to be some sort of regualtions/rules in place for the hospital in regards to how long or time limit they can/will keep caring for a patient in this state? I have numerous years on the surgical side of the medical field but not with once they are out of surgery and I find your posts fascinating because I do know that Anesthesiologists do in fact help with ICU patients when needed.

KZ, while I appreciate your medical expertise, especially on other threads, I wonder how you seem to have such intimate knowledge of THIS particular patient? Have you examined BK? Have you seen the medical records? Do you know first-hand that what you are putting out there as "fact" really is fact? For all we know, BK is sitting in the bed eating breakfast. The truth is we just don't know.

BBM:

When I first read your post, I became indignant @ what I perceived as a direct slam toward another HCP on this site who is CLEARLY providing generalized, scientific facts regarding the human anatomy & function within impaired physical states! NOT one of the verified or non-verified HCPs has ever indicated that he or she was the attending HCP in ANY case presented here @ WS! Point of fact is that those HCPs who HAVE discussed personal experiences similar to those of a "WS case" have been very careful, presenting the details as if one were presenting within a journal of peers! Others who HAVE had interactions within discussed cases have been & will continue to be very diligent in NOT providing specifics to the case, rather WILL provide educated, experience based opinions. Medical ethics, HIPAA & just plain common sense prevail even if one posts with generalized anonymity but like may others representing many areas of "expertise" and phenomenological frames of reference (there, my identifier phrase in RL! :happydance:) here, we seek to provide FACTS & correct misconceptions as applied to statements presented. :scared:

PS: your hypothesis of BKB "sitting in the bed eating breakfast", if it were true would be "newsflashed" across the world, THAT behavior is NOT happening!

Speculating is what we DO at Websleuths.

When a child is missing we don't KNOW what happened because they are MISSING.
When a murder happens we don't KNOW what happened because we weren't there.
When a plane goes missing and is never found, we don't KNOW what happened.
We speculate on what may have happened until we know for sure (if we ever do.)

I do not understand why the sudden objection with speculation.
Unfortunately that is just what we have to do here.
We don't HAVE any facts.

However, I am pretty confident that if BK was recovering... her Dad would share that.
I think if his daughter was NOT dying he would immediately correct that.
Just as he has come out and said certain people don't know what they are talking about.

If she was not brain dead, not comatose, not on a ventilator he would have said that.
He would have come out and said "Her condition has been grossly exaggerated."
Or "She is sitting in bed eating breakfast right now, she is fine."

I don't believe for a second he would allow such grossly incorrect reports to continue.
The LACK of a correction lends credibility to what we have heard about her condition.
For NOW that is all we have to work with. Probability. :twocents:

:gthanks: for this :goodpost: MsFacetious

Excellent, in fact.... :bow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marion "Pat" Houston
Marion "Pat" Houston is one of the lesser-known players in this situation, but she plays a key role. She is married to Whitney's brother Gary and serves as the executor of the trust fund left to Bobbi Kristina. In other words, it's Bobbi Kristina's money, but Pat controls it. Last March, Pat petitioned for a temporary protective order against Nick Gordon, alleging that he had "made threatening comments and posted photos of guns with the intention of making petitioner fearful for her personal safety. Respondent then posted more photos of guns later and has sent harassing texts." There may be more to that story, though, as a police report indicated that Pat claimed that Nick wanted Bobbi Kristina's monthly allowance increased — and when she refused, he began making threatening and harassing statements toward the family

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...browns-hospital-visitors-201592#ixzz3RkPS4ytK
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

I'm not a lawyer and have no expertise in wills.

But from what you describe, it sounds like Pat is a trustee, not executor. An executor's role lies in the early stages of probate. Once a will has been through the process of probate their role is finished. The trustee will have an ongoing role until the funds in the trust have been completely disbursed. They do not have free reign, however, as they answer to the beneficiary, who can go to court to have them removed.

WHAT DOES AN EXECUTOR OR TRUSTEE HAVE TO DO?

The responsibilities of Executors and Trustees are very similar (see The Primary Responsibilities of the Executor and Duties of a Successor Trustee . . .*), but there are some important differences.

Executors must deal with probate; trustees of revocable living trusts normally do not.
Once probate is concluded, the executor’s job is done; a trustee may have ongoing trust administration responsibilities for a period of years if the trust assets are not distributed right away.
Executors must account to the court for the assets of the estate; trustees may or may not have to account to the court (but they must account to the beneficiaries).

http://www.trusts-etc.com/execs_ttees.html

Lawyers please feel free to correct any erroneous statements above!

It's ok. I'm not offended. This is very tough stuff to discuss. I'm a realist, a pragmatist. It's hard for me to engage in false hope, given all we know and have been told, and what I personally know from 30+ years in health care.

I hope you'll come back.

Thanks but this is my exact point. We know absolutely nothing. We don't know how long she was in the water. We don't know what led up to it. We don't know her condition. What we have been told has been tabloid fodder from unreliable sources.

Since we have nothing solid, I guess what is left but speculation? I can't imagine the poor girl will come out of this and be fine, and yes, I'm speculating.

With all due respect, most of what is said here isn't speculation. Your statement is so I am just jumping off of it but most things being said here are not speculation. For example, if I say, "It is likely BK was in the water for more than 15 minutes and IMO, she will not recover", that is speculation. If I say, "This poor child is on a ventilator. There is no hope and NG better pay." That is no longer speculation. See the difference?

Thanks but this is my exact point. We know absolutely nothing. We don't know how long she was in the water. We don't know what led up to it. We don't know her condition. What we have been told has been tabloid fodder from unreliable sources.

We do know she was under water for long enough for her brain to swell:

http://www.drugs.com/cg/near-drowning-injuries.html
Brain edema is swelling caused by fluid buildup. It may be caused by brain cell damage that occurs from a lack of oxygen for a long period.

That leads me to believe that she was underwater for quite awhile.

I'm not a lawyer and have no expertise in wills.

But from what you describe, it sounds like Pat is a trustee, not executor. An executor's role lies in the early stages of probate. Once a will has been through the process of probate their role is finished. The trustee will have an ongoing role until the funds in the trust have been completely disbursed. They do not have free reign, however, as they answer to the beneficiary, who can go to court to have them removed.

http://www.trusts-etc.com/execs_ttees.html

Lawyers please feel free to correct any erroneous statements above!

IANAL but that is my assumption too. She may have been the executor of the WH estate and the trustee over Kristina's funds or the article I linked could simply be using the term in error. But my understanding is as yours is. I am quite familiar with probate in my own area and it works as you have outlined above.

IANAL but that is my assumption too. She may have been the executor of the WH estate and the trustee over Kristina's funds or the article I linked could simply be using the term in error. But my understanding is as yours is. I am quite familiar with probate in my own area and it works as you have outlined above.

DH and I are re-doing our wills. Our lawyer explained that we must designate different people to be executor and trustee.

I agree with you that it's probably just incorrect terminology used by the reporter.

Or maybe the original trustee was replaced and PH took over.

It's not that important of a distinction, it just caught my eye due to the fact that we are going through this process.

The attorney I assist does estate planning, elder law and guardianships. I have seen people name their executors as the trustees for and and as the guardians of their minor children all in the same will. It is not recommended but it is done on occasion.

That same article I linked goes into some detail about who will inherit WH's money in trust to BK if BK passes. That money still in trust reverts to other, still living family members of WH.

The attorney I assist does estate planning, elder law and guardianships. I have seen people name their executors as the trustees for and and as the guardians of their minor children all in the same will. It is not recommended but it is done on occasion.

That same article I linked goes into some detail about who will inherit WH's money in trust to BK if BK passes. That money still in trust reverts to other, still living family members of WH.

So not to Bobby Brown?

Lots of folks have stated that as her next of kin, he would inherit. Apparently not true.

I wonder, is the same still true if it is found that BK was legally married and died without a will?

With all due respect, most of what is said here isn't speculation. Your statement is so I am just jumping off of it but most things being said here are not speculation. For example, if I say, "It is likely BK was in the water for more than 15 minutes and IMO, she will not recover", that is speculation. If I say, "This poor child is on a ventilator. There is no hope and NG better pay." That is no longer speculation. See the difference?

As I read anyone's posts on WS I am always under the assumption that it is a matter of opinion unless a MSM link is provided or is being referenced. Even then, we realize that MSM is also quoting and providing opinions in many cases. For example, just because someone is a VI does not mean that what they are posting is factual. If a BKB insider came here and told us on WS what they had witnessed regarding her condition, it would still would not make it a fact as we have already witnessed based on the quotes from the media.

I think we all know that this is a website where theories and possibilities are raised and discussed. I for one, am grateful when any professional, insider, or expert can help this discussion by providing their unique inside knowledge. At the same time, I also rely on the different perspectives from the "everyday Joe" that shares info based on their life's experiences, their gut feeling, or insight.

That is why this is sleuthing and not reporting. We bring together a community of thought. I could look back on any thread on this forum and would be able to point to speculation. Just because someone disagrees with such speculation, does not mean it does not have value or belong on this forum.

18_07396630_13_1422895326_636x435.jpg
Just a little OT, but what brilliant architect thought a TOILET in front of a PICTURE WINDOW would be a grand idea?
For over half a million bucks in a gated community, I'd expect a little more (a-hem) privacy, wouldn't you?

View attachment 69385
Just a little OT, but what brilliant architect thought a TOILET in front of a PICTURE WINDOW would be a grand idea?
For over half a million bucks in a gated community, I'd expect a little more (a-hem) privacy, wouldn't you?

I agree. Every ensuite bathroom in our home has a private toilet area. It's not that expensive to contain a toilet in its own tiny room, though it does take up some space.

When we were house hunting a couple of years ago, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when we went upstairs in the house we'd already fallen in love with and found out that the master bedroom had two separate full bathrooms. I wasn't looking for that, but boy did I ever appreciate it.

So not to Bobby Brown?

Lots of folks have stated that as her next of kin, he would inherit. Apparently not true.

I wonder, is the same still true if it is found that BK was legally married and died without a will?

It appears that WH's will left money to BK in trust, to be distributed in portions as an allowance at the moment, with larger distributions to become due at certain key birthdays/ages.

Some news reports estimate Whitney Houston’s estate values around $20 million, with royalties accruing over the next year for an additional $50 to $100 million that will be added to her probate estate. Bobbi Kristina will be the sole beneficiary to an extremely large inheritance.Under Whitney Houston’s will, Bobbi Kristina receives her inheritance outright and free of trust as follows: 1/10th at age 21, 1/6th at age 25, and the entire balance at age 30. Assuming that the estate and royalties over the next year amount to $100 million and no interest accrues, this translates to handing Bobbi Kristina $10 million at age 21, $15 million at age 25, and $75 million at age 30.

http://www.thecodicil.org/home/inde...m-whitney-houston&catid=34:articles&Itemid=56

But if Bobbi Kristina, who is in a medically induced coma after being found face down in a bathtub in her Georgia home on Jan. 31, dies, the money will go to Cissy and her two sons, Michael and Gary, according to the will.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/02/06/whitney-houston-estate-bobbi-kristina-brown-dies-inherit-money/

Basically, Whitney's will controls Bobbi's inheritance until she receives the bulk of her trust on turning 30. If she passes before that distribution the funds revert back to Whitney's estate to be disbursed amongst her remaining named legatees, her mom, Cissy, and her brothers, Michael and Gary.

KZ, while I appreciate your medical expertise, especially on other threads, I wonder how you seem to have such intimate knowledge of THIS particular patient? Have you examined BK? Have you seen the medical records? Do you know first-hand that what you are putting out there as "fact" really is fact? For all we know, BK is sitting in the bed eating breakfast. The truth is we just don't know.

From what has been verified, we know this is an adult with a near drowning. We have heard she has brain swelling.

We know from the literature that an adult who has near drowning which caused brain swelling never ends well. I can't provide links as I am out of town at the moment.

I am still hoping and "praying" that BK is going to pull through and be better because of it. :)

It appears that WH's will left money to BK in trust, to be distributed in portions as an allowance at the moment, with larger distributions to become due at certain key birthdays/ages.

Some news reports estimate Whitney Houston’s estate values around $20 million, with royalties accruing over the next year for an additional $50 to $100 million that will be added to her probate estate. Bobbi Kristina will be the sole beneficiary to an extremely large inheritance.Under Whitney Houston’s will, Bobbi Kristina receives her inheritance outright and free of trust as follows: 1/10th at age 21, 1/6th at age 25, and the entire balance at age 30. Assuming that the estate and royalties over the next year amount to $100 million and no interest accrues, this translates to handing Bobbi Kristina $10 million at age 21, $15 million at age 25, and $75 million at age 30.

http://www.thecodicil.org/home/inde...m-whitney-houston&catid=34:articles&Itemid=56

But if Bobbi Kristina, who is in a medically induced coma after being found face down in a bathtub in her Georgia home on Jan. 31, dies, the money will go to Cissy and her two sons, Michael and Gary, according to the will.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/02/06/whitney-houston-estate-bobbi-kristina-brown-dies-inherit-money/

Basically, Whitney's will controls Bobbi's inheritance until she receives the bulk of her trust on turning 30. If she passes before that distribution the funds revert back to Whitney's estate to be disbursed amongst her remaining named legatees, her mom, Cissy, and her brothers, Michael and Gary.
But what if Bobby keeps her on life support for the next 20 years in a private setting? Then the Houstons get nothing. They will probably offer bobby a severance package to pull the plug and be gone from their lives for good. Bk was the only remaining bond between both families.

Under Georgia law, Wills are public record. WH's is available online. It includes a Testamentary Trust (vs a Living Trust). BK is named as her sole heir.

In her original Will (Feb 1993), she appoints her attorney as Executor and she names her sister-in-law Donna Houston and her atty as Trustees.

In a Codicil (April 2000), she amends to exclude her atty and to appoint her mother Cissy Houston as Executor and her sister-in-law Donna Houston and her brother Michael Houston as Trustees.

After WH's death, Cissy apparently relinquished her position as Executor and named Pat Houston to serve in that capacity. I believe that Donna and Michael did the same wrt their appointments. I have not searched for documentation nor do I know if this agreement is available for public consumption.

If BK should die as an unmarried woman, according to GA laws of intestacy and as BK's next-of-kin, Bobby Brown will inherit BK's assets at the time of her death, not those which are as yet undistributed.

The undistributed estate goes to named others including Bobby Brown; however, it is unclear whether he relinquished this beneficiary status as part of the Divorce.

IANAL/fwiw

~jmo~

View attachment 69385
OT/ Must be a tidy bowl for the exhibitionist. ;) They could have at least gone for the electric frosted privacy glass instead of blinds there. However, if you look closely at the photo, you will see it only looks out on the backyard with a wood privacy fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal