Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that he seems to have knowledge of the effects of child sexual abuse yet he defends those accused of perpetuating that very abuse.

Since no expert has alleged such abuse, he may be trying to explain her psychopathological traits with the only knowledge of psychology that he has, but I've never heard child sexual abuse put forth as a cause of pyschopathy. Plenty of other disorders, but not that.

Doesn't matter really, he's entitled to his opinion.

IMHO, JA was never abused, except for maybe discipline (which could be contrived as abuse). She went all wild and rebellious in her teens, and her parents could not get a grip on her, because as we know "What Jodi wants, Jodi gets."

Lots of "I would love to tell you how I know that, but it is privileged information" in this part of the book.

KN is convinced JA was sexually abused as a child/minor. He says he has no proof but that her demeanor and actions, to him, signal someone who was abused that way. He tries to say that JA's sister A (not sure if I'm allowed to print her name) went to drug rehab as a teen and that somehow in KN's mind shows JA may have been sexually assaulted as a kid. I have no idea how he gets to that.

He brings this "I think JA was sexually abused as a child" a lot. A real lot.

I personally don't believe that, but if it were true, why didn't he explore that as a means of bolstering her defense?

My opinion is that at some point in her adolescence, she realized she could use her developing sexuality to make things happen that would benefit her. By that time, she was already a full-fledged sociopath, so in her mind, there were no victims.

I have moved on to section three, which is obviously the "TA was a horrible sex fiend" portion of the book.

A direct quote (talking about the text messages): "These messages also revealed the clear reality that Ms. Arias was not his only sexual partner and that if he had it his way Ms. Arias would be just one of many." He says TA was much more active with the opposite sex than was JA. Mind you, he only has TA's phone at this point, not JA's, but he fails to mention that (meaning he is making this leap without having seen JA's communication devices so how the hell does he know what she is doing on her own time). And while we may say "so what" the Supreme Court says it is important to the relevant circumstances and to not have gone into detail would have surely been a reversal.

Riiiiiggghhht. There are no legal citations to this broad statement. Oh, and if you question Nurmi's tactics you are ignorant (there has been a lot of this talking to readers directly saying "if you thought I was wrong for doing x you were clearly wrong". Oh and the state didn't turn over things they were supposed to until Nurmi filed tons of motions.

The trial was never really even about Travis' sex life, so why make unflattering statements about him now, with faulty reasoning to boot, when there's absolutely no good reason to, and his relatives are still out there reeling from the beating he took during trial?

There can be only one reason, to make himself look better for the part he played in trashing Travis during trial.

That didn't work at all, Nurmi.

The trial was never really even about Travis' sex life, so why make unflattering statements about him now, with faulty reasoning to boot, when there's absolutely no good reason to, and his relatives are still out there reeling from the beating he took during trial?

There can be only one reason, to make himself look better for the part he played in trashing Travis during trial.

That didn't work at all, Nurmi.

The book makes is quite obvious that KN truly believes TA is a pedophile. He compares TA on the sex tape to Jared "Foggle" (I presume he means Jared Fogle.)

The writing is very circular, and the arguments are awful. My 10 year old shows far superior logic and reasoning skills than KN. He talks about how he believes the pedo letters were forged, but TA is still a pedophile because the state could not prove with 100 percent certainty that they were forged. I have to read sections several times to make sure it isn't me, LOL.

He spelled Deanna Reid's name as "Deana" (which I think is incorrect). He twice writes "by in large" when he means "by and large." His wife edited the work, according to KN. She should not quit her day job.

I have moved on to section three, which is obviously the "TA was a horrible sex fiend" portion of the book.

A direct quote (talking about the text messages): "These messages also revealed the clear reality that Ms. Arias was not his only sexual partner and that if he had it his way Ms. Arias would be just one of many." He says TA was much more active with the opposite sex than was JA. Mind you, he only has TA's phone at this point, not JA's, but he fails to mention that (meaning he is making this leap without having seen JA's communication devices so how the hell does he know what she is doing on her own time). And while we may say "so what" the Supreme Court says it is important to the relevant circumstances and to not have gone into detail would have surely been a reversal.

Riiiiiggghhht. There are no legal citations to this broad statement. Oh, and if you question Nurmi's tactics you are ignorant (there has been a lot of this talking to readers directly saying "if you thought I was wrong for doing x you were clearly wrong". Oh and the state didn't turn over things they were supposed to until Nurmi filed tons of motions.

What total and utter BS. I've read every single text of his from Dec 07 thru March 08. There isn't a single text indicating he hooked up with anyone than the killer who chased after him relentlessly for everything he had, including his body.

She had lived with 3 different boy-men before she set out hunting Mormon prey and sunk her crooked teeth into Travis. As soon as she realized at long fricking last he wasn't going to marry her she promptly went out hunting big Mormon game again and began reeling in Ryan Burns.

Blaming the victim, trashing Travis Alexander AGAIN (!!!!!!!!!) tells me all I need to know about that . They deserved one another.

The book makes is quite obvious that KN truly believes TA is a pedophile. He compares TA on the sex tape to Jared "Foggle" (I presume he means Jared Fogle.)

The writing is very circular, and the arguments are awful. My 10 year old shows far superior logic and reasoning skills than KN. He talks about how he believes the pedo letters were forged, but TA is still a pedophile because the state could not prove with 100 percent certainty that they were forged. I have to read sections several times to make sure it isn't me, LOL.

He spelled Deanna Reid's name as "Deana" (which I think is incorrect). He twice writes "by in large" when he means "by and large." His wife edited the work, according to KN. She should not quit her day job.

Believes....WHAT???!!!!

I imagined him to be somehow intelligent 'in real life' but he seems genuinely lacking in intelligence and reasoning ability, but with a disproportionately large ego.

No wonder he aspires no higher than defending accused child molesters, a subject with which he seems obsessed.

I think the expert witnesses for the defense, ALV and Fonseca, were deliberately lying in their portrayal of the relationship between Jodi and Travis, but I think on a basic level they believed he deserved what he got. They seem to be of a particular breed of radical feminist that are openly hostile to men, and carry a fierce resentment of the historically patriarchal structure of society. They fail to acknowledge that women have always had their unique sphere of influence, and more often than not the activities of men have served their purposes just as well. They also seem stuck in the past, and are reluctant to admit that society has changed and that women today function on much more equal ground in relationships and in traditionally male roles, and that with that equality comes an equal amount of accountability.

I don't agree with this about women, because in my experience it's not true. Most women who classify themselves as feminists (they tended to come of age in the '60's and '70's) are not hostile to men, they just want things to be more fair. This is understandable.

Ironically, in the court, because he kept pointing out gender-bias, Martinez was much closer than ALV to the traditional run-of-the-mill feminism that spends most of its energy on non-discrimination. Funny thing about that. Equally ironically, ALV and Fonseca tried to smackdown this "feminist" view of world, by scoffing at Martinez when he went in this direction.

This feminist drive to be equal plays in to what I'm going to say next.

What was despicable about Fonseca and ALV is that their feminist background had them insisting: a) women are victims of men and b) they should be treated equally to men. This is where the fraud comes in, IMO: if they believed men and women are equal, then they had to believe that men can be victims of women. There is a basic dishonesty to their brand of "feminism", and they are highly sexist.

Let me be clear, ALV's and Fonseca's brand of feminism (not all feminist expression, which is often right on), and its premise is profoundly discriminatory and unjust. If we hypothetically switched the genders around and asked Fonseca and ALV to imagine their expert positions in reverse, they would say the reverse is not possible. Just because. They would assert this despite the statistical evidence to the contrary.

A respectable expert, someone perhaps with an above average Ph.D. would routinely examine their assumptions this way, by hypothesizing a flip side.

And recall, JM repeatedly asked ALV to hypothesize. She almost didn't know the concept or the word. She was incapable of imagining any point of view other than her position. This is rank incompetence and reflects a total lack of empathy or the ability to see someone else's perspective and have fellow feeling. Sure, she got sucked in by Jodi, but that's seduction or projection, not empathy:it's about ALV subsuming herself into Jodi. And she certainly had no fellow-feeling for anyone else, especially the Alexanders, the judge, and JM.

And, let me point out, finally, that lack of empathy is a major ingredient in relationship violence (not to mention psychopathy). One wonders what ALV's own life has been like and what role she might herself have played in destructive relationships.

Also ALV luuuuurves herself some power, again an ingredient of domestic violence. She clearly luuuurves to smackdown the men in her groups. She luuurved having her fan club in court. She luuurved the idea of being traumatized by the media (sound familiar?). She luuurves to be right. When her "rightness" has no basis in fact, she simply maintains everyone else is stupid if they can't see it. She must have killed herself that JSS was a woman (not a man) with more power than she: what's to complain about if you're her brand of feminist and a woman is in the power position, when your whole life you've declared men to be in the power position, so you could smack them down? (I tell you, she's sexist as all get out.)

And then there's the manipulation in "It's not a yes or no answer." By this statement, ALV's insisting no one can argue with her and be right. This again, is a craven power play, all the dodging, the whole web of pseudo-expertise, twisting facts to suit her needs, trying to put everyone in thrall to her.... The only thing that held her up was the intervention of the law (under the label perjury) and even then, she tried to get around it, narcissistically excusing herself from her obligation to be at court. (Terse correction by JSS: another of JSS's several gems, IMO).

The person in the room ALV was most like—the only one she felt sorry for—was Jodi: narcissist, manipulator, victim-cryer, incapable of empathy. She adored Jodi like she adored herself, and Jodi was her gravy train to special-snowflakedness, indulgent, grifting, income earned from BS. The Perryville Princess's every little foible: that's ALV's style. With the boys in thrall: Ryan, Abe, Matt, Travis, the guy on the plane on the one hand, the seven dwarfs on the other. Oh, and I even forgot the trips out of state: Jodi and ALV both, so important the two of them are. Oh, and the bucket list of famous places: Grand Canyon and the media circus Arias trial. Check and check.

I wonder if ALV is borderline....

Gosh, I've off the cuff in 5 minutes generated quite a profile, patterns I haven't paid attention to before. I'm especially proud of ALV's seven dwarfs being analogous to Jodi's "boyfriends". Bwahahaha! I'd love to hear additions, two cents, elaborations, or total "I'm not buying that"...

"Nurmi calls Sandy "rude, juvenile, untrustworthy" and would not let her in his office bc he does NOT like her at all. So he met with her in the reception area of the firm. Sandy called his wife a "skinny blonde *****" during a jail call with Ms. Arias."

"Dealing with Ms. Arias is like dealing with a really smart 5 year old. The Ms. Arias I knew had little true empathy".

Nurmi says he can't believe JM didn't use them (her recorded jail calls) during the 3rd phase of the trial. He said if he was the state he would have. "I would have used them because there was never a time when I thought Ms. Arias was deserving of the death penalty more than when I listened to her in these calls." He said he's anti DP but these calls made her sound like a monster and the way she talked to people "sickened me".

"Nurmi calls Sandy "rude, juvenile, untrustworthy" and would not let her in his office bc he does NOT like her at all. So he met with her in the reception area of the firm. Sandy called his wife a "skinny blonde *****" during a jail call with Ms. Arias."

"Dealing with Ms. Arias is like dealing with a really smart 5 year old. The Ms. Arias I knew had little true empathy".

Nurmi says he can't believe JM didn't use them (her recorded jail calls) during the 3rd phase of the trial. He said if he was the state he would have. "I would have used them because there was never a time when I thought Ms. Arias was deserving of the death penalty more than when I listened to her in these calls." He said he's anti DP but these calls made her sound like a monster and the way she talked to people "sickened me".

Dropping in to thank everyone for the ongoing discussion. Looking forward to our members’ takes on the KN book (which I’m not buying, but appreciate those who have). In the snippets so far divulged, I’m surprised by KN’s distrust of Mommy; (as described by readers), KN would not meet with her in his office. Did not want her to see any of his personal photos/info. To me, this is very telling. And (IMO) flies in the face of sexual abuse claims: Mom enabled JA’s behavior: rage, anger, entitlement. IMO.

I thought it was me reading KN writings wrong. I am so glad you made the comments you did.

This was in response to pinkandgreenmom post 503...,for some reason that post is not here! Sorry...and sorry for any errors, the iPad has its own mind tonight.

Another very unsubtle attack on JM.

I don't agree with this about women, because in my experience it's not true. Most women who classify themselves as feminists (they tended to come of age in the '60's and '70's) are not hostile to men, they just want things to be more fair. This is understandable.

(Ironically, in the court, because he kept pointing out gender-bias, Martinez was much closer than ALV to the traditional run-of-the-mill feminism that spends most of its energy on non-discrimination. Funny thing about that.)

This feminist drive to be equal plays in to what I'm going to say next.

What was despicable about Fonseca and ALV is that their feminist background had them insisting: a) women are victims of men and b) they should be treated equally to men. This is where the fraud comes in, IMO: if they believed men and women are equal, then they had to believe that men can be victims of women. There is a basic dishonesty to their brand of "feminism", and they are highly sexist.

Let me be clear, ALV's and Fonseca's brand of feminism (not all feminist expression, which is often right on), and its premise is profoundly discriminatory and unjust. If we hypothetically switched the genders around and asked Fonseca and ALV to imagine their expert positions in reverse, they would say the reverse is not possible. Just because. They would assert this despite the statistical evidence to the contrary.

A respectable expert, someone perhaps with an above average Ph.D. would routinely examine their assumptions this way, by hypothesizing a flip side.

And recall, JM repeatedly asked ALV to hypothesize. She almost didn't know the concept or the word. She was incapable of imagining any point of view other than her position. This is rank incompetence and reflects a total lack of empathy or the ability to see someone else's perspective and have fellow feeling. Sure, she got sucked in by Jodi, but that's seduction or projection, not empathy:it's about ALV subsuming herself into Jodi. And she certainly had no fellow-feeling for anyone else, especially the Alexanders, the judge, and JM.

And, let me point out, finally, that lack of empathy is a major ingredient in relationship violence (not to mention psychopathy). One wonders what ALV's own life has been like and what role she might herself have played in destructive relationships.

Also ALV luuuuurves herself some power, again an ingredient of domestic violence. She clearly luuuurves to smackdown the men in her groups. She luuurved having her fan club in court. She luuurved the idea of being traumatized by the media (sound familiar?). She luuurves to be right. When her "rightness" has no basis in fact, she simply maintains everyone else is stupid if they can't see it. She must have killed herself that JSS was a woman (not a man) with more power than she: what's to complain about if you're her brand of feminist and a woman is in the power position, when your whole life you've declared men to be in the power position, so you could smack them down? (I tell you, she's sexist as all get out.)

And then there's the manipulation in "It's not a yes or no answer." By this statement, ALV's insisting no one can argue with her and be right. This again, is a craven power play, all the dodging, the whole web of pseudo-expertise, twisting facts to suit her needs, trying to put everyone in thrall to her.... The only thing that held her up was the intervention of the law (under the label perjury) and even then, she tried to get around it, narcissistically excusing herself from her obligation to be at court. (Terse correction by JSS: another of JSS's several gems, IMO).

The person in the room ALV was most like—the only one she felt sorry for—was Jodi: narcissist, manipulator, victim-cryer, incapable of empathy. She adored Jodi like she adored herself, and Jodi was her gravy train to special-snowflakedness, indulgent, grifting, income earned from BS. The Perryville Princess's every little foible: that's ALV's style. With the boys in thrall: Ryan, Abe, Matt, Travis, the guy on the plane on the one hand, the seven dwarfs on the other. Oh, and I even forgot the trips out of state: Jodi and ALV both, so important the two of them are. Oh, and the bucket list of famous places: Grand Canyon and the media circus Arias trial. Check and check.

I wonder if ALV is borderline....

Gosh, I've off the cuff in 5 minutes generated quite a profile, patterns I haven't paid attention to before. Bwahahaha! I'd love to hear additions, two cents, elaborations, or total "I'm not buying that"...

Please re-read what I wrote. Nothing I said contradicts your thesis (nor your essay!) and I'm in full agreement. There's nothing wrong with feminism per se, it makes legitimate claims to equality where it is lacking yet can and should be applied.

I even pointed out the logical fallacy you cite in a much earlier post, that ALV and Fonseca's brand of radical feminism wants it both ways, always viewing women as victims and claiming a mock equality, but with no corresponding responsibility.

I don't have questions about specific things, but after you finish I'd love to hear about your take on why you think he is writing this 1,000 page wonder.

Is it a hatchet job on JM? Primarily an angry rant about an ex-client he hates? Both? Regardless of what he says about taking the high road and other high faluting reasons for writing, what is the under tone? Do you think he is being honest with himself about why? Does he say why he's so bothered with and disgusted by her? Is it because she viciously brutally slaughtered another human being , feels no remorse and still wants T's family to suffer? Or because she didn't listen to his legal advice and didn't like or respect him?

Large perspective questions, please. :)

Dropping in to thank everyone for the ongoing discussion. Looking forward to our members’ takes on the KN book (which I’m not buying, but appreciate those who have). In the snippets so far divulged, I’m surprised by KN’s distrust of Mommy; (as described by readers), KN would not meet with her in his office. Did not want her to see any of his personal photos/info. To me, this is very telling. And (IMO) flies in the face of sexual abuse claims: Mom enabled JA’s behavior: rage, anger, entitlement. IMO.

Can the Alexander's sue KN for defamation of TA's character in what KN writes or states?

Thanks

These are all very unsubtle attacks on JM.

I agree. I truly believe if JM could have used JA's phone calls, he would have. KN sort of admits this in a later chapter when he says part of the reason he didn't call Sandy about JA's bruising (other than the fact that she was lying) was because it would have opened the door to Juan bringing in the phone calls.

More circular nonsense from KN. There are also 4 pages on why he is glad a knife and gun were never found. He acts like he is a legal genius for coming up with this.

I have a question that has been puzzling to me. I know its off topic but my curiosity dictates that I ask . Did Bobby Juarez ( Jodi's ex bf) die ? and if so was he murdered ? I found an article about a Bobby Juarez that died some time between 2007- 2008. He was killed by an unknown person .This person had a very young son . Does anyone know and can you give details .

Just came across my third "by in large."

I am starting my own new drinking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads