Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely believe KN does not have very good logic or critical thinking skills.

That's exactly correct: no critical thinking skills to speak of, no analytical capabilities. You can tell he slopped his way through university and took the same classes as the football players. We use to call them "guts". He's missing even basic general knowledge like elementary geography. He probably sympathizes with Jodi because she flunked out and he didn't think of taking that route. He's extremely envious of Travis, presumably because he was his own man and a go-getter and most everyone loved him.

I'm still going to get Nurmi and Juan's books. I read both Baez and Ashton's. I like to compare the yin and the yang.

I will say that, while Nurmi isn't as charismatic as Baez, he seems to be a better person. The guy was affected by the case and is not championing Arias. Baez will go down in flames saying CA is innocent. Nurmi at least knows Arias is guilty. And yeah, he defended her. But as a defense attorney, it's his job. We need defense attorneys. I don't blame him as much as I would blame a pizza delivery guy for being a few minutes late.

Shrug.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

But... Baez did admit that Casey acted like a two-year-old

We should self-publish an answer book back to Nurmi with all of our "Trial Watcher" wisdom about him. :takeabow: :giggle: We'll call it "We can tell you..."Who is Nurmi"!?"

See, I haven't read it. I need to see it for myself.

Didn't Jodi lose a/c privilege when she blabbed in an interview?

Only for the things she blabbed.

I just pre-ordered Juan's book. Looking forward to reading it. I feel sure that it will be well edited. ;)

Originally Posted by popsicle on a 2013 thread:

This from the 8/8/2011 court proceedings:

Steven Roberts is sworn and testifies.
The witness is excused.

Deanna Reid is sworn and testifies.

State’s exhibit 3 is marked for identification.
State’s exhibit 3 is received into evidence.
The witness is excused

Christina Lopez is sworn and testifies.
The witness steps down.

2:16 p.m. The Court stands at recess.
Christina Lopez retakes the stand and testifies further.
The witness makes an in-court identification of the Defendant.

State’s exhibits 4, 5, 6, and 7 are marked for identification.
State’s exhibits 4 and 5 are received into evidence over the Defense objection.
State’s exhibit 6 is received into evidence.
The witness is excused.

Alan Kreitl is sworn and testifies.
State’s exhibits 1 and 2 are received into evidence.
The witness is excused.

"I am super curious who this Christina Lopez is, especially since she had to make an in court identification."

Reading back through a lot of the OLD threads has been interesting. I didn't post much back then, but I sure was in lurk mode, LOL.

Okay, did we ever figure out who Lopez is, and what did she testify to? Was she possibly the one who caught the magazines trying to be smuggled out of jail by Ann I wonder?

I just pre-ordered Juan's book. Looking forward to reading it. I feel sure that it will be well edited. ;)

As much as I love Juan, I’ll have to think twice about buying a book with the following PR plug: “Through two trials, America watched with baited breath as Juan Martinez fought relentlessly to convict Jodi Arias of Murder One for viciously stabbing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death.” (B&ULBM)

Hopefully it will not be another poorly edited book with “should of” instead of “should have” or “by in large” … Sure wish someone would correct that spelling. I'd like to read the book, but would like to think my breath doesn't smell of herring or earthworms. (JMB)*

*Just Me *****ing

Something I thought this morning when I was reading Nurmi's book via the glitch was how he complained about Jodi calling constantly wanting his attention. He said he wanted to hang up on her but didn't. He talked about how possessive she was, as if he was her boyfriend. I thought that would have been the perfect opportunity to empathize with Travis and what he had to endure, especially considering she wasn't locked up, but NO! But no. Only looking for the poor Nurmi angle.

Yes! That really bothered me, too. You saw it over and over again.

Nurmi claims in his book that jail visits that should have lasted 30 minutes took several hours. All she wanted to talk about was her pod and her cat and the commissary account. She became very upset when he showed her his new business card showing how he went out on his own, no more public defender. He said she screamed and threatened to black ball him in the jail and tell everyone what a bad attorney he was. She thought he was suppose to be her private attorney only. From then on out it was contentious.

I am confused then why they were looking so intently at the magazine trying to find the hidden messages if they already knew about them.

Because they knew the magazine was in evidence ... knew the importance of the hidden messages ... and needed to feign ignorance in order to "defend" their client?

Sam, not having a key work has long been part of the lore of the Arias case on WS. Poster Becky Sharp, who still reads here occasionally, had her W key stop working. She substituted the letter V until she was able to get a new keyboard. Often you will see people post something like "Vov, Becky! Good to see you."

Hey G&A Mom!

I had been stopping by here every veek or so, still waiting on Sheriff Joe's report on CMJA's many shenanigans. But, since I read here about Nurmi's "book," I've been popping in every day, and even many times each day.

Like so many of you here, I'm both amused and appalled by his words. Given his thin-skinned ego and his sloppy logic (and that's putting it politely), I really am surprised that the man passed the bar exam let alone graduated from a university. Reading his "thoughts," I'm convinced that he's a lazy thinker who believes he's smarter than the average bear. He lacks any self-awareness. Kinda like his former client, no? No wonder they despise each other.

CMJA was claiming abuse from the beginning in her early interviews with the media. She was already trying to trash him with one breath then praise him in another breath. Also, her parents said she was desolate for days, inconsolable with grief and couldn't stop crying. But she was at Grandma's calling Det. Flores again and again and all the friends and the Bishop. Was this cying in between the calls?:thinking:

As much as I love Juan, I’ll have to think twice about buying a book with the following PR plug: “Through two trials, America watched with baited breath as Juan Martinez fought relentlessly to convict Jodi Arias of Murder One for viciously stabbing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death.” (B&ULBM)

Hopefully it will not be another poorly edited book with “should of” instead of “should have” or “by in large” … Sure wish someone would correct that spelling. I'd like to read the book, but would like to think my breath doesn't smell of herring or earthworms. (JMB)*

*Just Me *****ing

Lol, I sure don't want to smell anyone's "baited" breath.

Ohreally, it happened all at the same time basically. 8/11/2011 8/12/2011 and finished up the hearing on 08/15/2011, When the court ruled on all motions and reinstated Nurmi and Washington.

From the Just Da Truth site, for those who don't know any of the history. (not sure if this link is allowed... http://***************.blogspot.ca/2013/11/victoria-washington-former-jodi-arias.html )
"Quick history to bring you up to date. Back in August of 2009 Victoria Washington was assigned the secondary position on the defense team, with Kirk Nurmi as lead. Ms. Washington was part of the team in August of 2011 when Jodi Arias took over as lead attorney, tried to introduce the Travis-is-a-pedophile letters, was denied, and then relinquished her role back to the real attorneys (where it belonged!). Then in December of 2011, Ms. Washington cited a conflict of interest, and received permission to pull herself from the defense team."

I worded that wrong. I meant to say I wouldn't blame a defense attorney nor a pizza guy. My bad.

OT: Speaking of "pizza delivery guys" ... Is Glenn dead? (Totally OT, but I know there are a few TWD fans on here :)

Blame the education system, or rather, what's left of it.

"By in large, and for all intensive purposes, Ms Arias could of . . ."

The above is meant as a parody of Nurmi and is likely mean-spirited but, like many posters here, I'm aghast at his downright sloppiness. I'm a teacher and, after decades of grading essays, I can tell the difference between a student who simply doesn't know and a student who simply could care less. Guess which category he belongs to.

OT: Speaking of "pizza delivery guys" ... Is Glenn dead? (Totally OT, but I know there are a few TWD fans on here :)

OT: My son and his new wife thinks that was him at the end of last night's episode. TWD has as many twists and turns as this trial did imo.

Also, he says those who thought he was inept don't understand the magnitude of what he achieved. That he saved the life of "the most hated woman in America, " and indeed, maybe in the entire world.

To use the outcome of the trial to self-evidently repudiate his ineptitude is questionable considering the 11-1 vote, and the fact that she still got the second most severe sentence the law allows, and that many consider it the most severe taking into account the benefits that accompany an actual death sentence, as well as the random variables to the outcome a jury of twelve necessarily bring to the equation.

All of the above leave plenty of room to leave his ineptitude standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV