Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe Nurmi's book is selling that well at all.
Yesssss... but in the catagory of "Murder and Mayhem More-or-less Nonfiction Written by Petulant Lawyers", it's succeeding madly!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much to everyone reading and relating the book contents. This will wipe the smirk of Jodi's face, if nothing so far has. Her worst nightmare: secrets revealed, not flattering opinions shared on a world wide stage by the guy who is meant to be on her side. The information will trickle in to her head, and no one will hear her scream! No one cares how many tantrums she has this week, or how many showers! No way of rebutting Nurmi's words, or defending herself in any effective manner. Sux to be her!

The timing of Jenny finally officially withdrawing as counsel of record yesterday?

Hypothetical scenario 1.

Perhaps because the killer's fans are writing to tell her what's in the book and she's been spamming Jenny's office demanding to talk with her to rage about the book? Because she called her appeals attys first and they won't answer the phone? And Jenny was all like- dang. I knew there was something I forgot to do, filed the motion asap then told her on the killer call-in, sorry, I'm not your attorney anymore, take it up with Meg?

Hypothetical Scenario 2.

Ahler's investigation about jury tampering edges closer to Jenny- MDLR - killer contact and communications and Jenny's attorney asks her- well, you haven't been in touch with her since June, right, after the reparations hearing, since that was your last obligation as her attorney. Right? Right? Jenny?

Hypothetical scenario 3.

Jenny didn't resign as counsel of record in June because she and or MDLR wanted or needed to stay in contact with the killer to discuss things on a protected phone line, and it wasn't until the killer bombarded Jenny with screamy calls about the book that Jenny decided- not worth it , and pulled the plug?

Thank you so much to everyone reading and relating the book contents. This will wipe the smirk of Jodi's face, if nothing so far has. Her worst nightmare: secrets revealed, not flattering opinions shared on a world wide stage by the guy who is meant to be on her side. The information will trickle in to her head, and no one will hear her scream! No one cares how many tantrums she has this week, or how many showers! No way of rebutting Nurmi's words, or defending herself in any effective manner. Sux to be her!

Ditto.

Thanks everyone who has taken one for the team and sharing their opinions on it.

Nurmi's mistake is that he's trying to redeem himself through the trial. He thinks that by reiterating and reinforcing his strategy he will somehow look better this time around. The logic of that escapes me. A truly redeeming quality would be to admit his mistakes, the most prominent being his mischaracterization of Travis, and the belief in its necessity. In the end it didn't do his client all that much good, and in actuality made her look worse, because that characterization was not believed.

But to correct a mistake, you have first to see it, and then admit it. Nurmi is apparently failing on both points.

Short, most logical answer: he's not trying to redeem himself.

He says so himself, directly and indirectly. He says he is a great enough attorney to save the life of the most hated woman in the US and possibly on the planet, despite being handicapped by her refusal to accept his sage legal guidance.

He says he doesn't care what The Trial Watchers think or believe, tells them as readers that they have no right to question his judgment, and with great haughtiness proclaims his own moral superiority because he understands all this as tragedy, unlike The Trial Watchers who so unpleasantly take sides.

And lest anyone miss his central in-the-face anti-redemption point, there it is- I don't apology for dragging Travis through the mud. He asked for it.

Nurmi's mistake is that he's trying to redeem himself through the trial. He thinks that by reiterating and reinforcing his strategy he will somehow look better this time around. The logic of that escapes me. A truly redeeming quality would be to admit his mistakes, the most prominent being his mischaracterization of Travis, and the belief in its necessity. In the end it didn't do his client all that much good, and in actuality made her look worse, because that characterization was not believed.

But to correct a mistake, you have first to see it, and then admit it. Nurmi is apparently failing on both points.

For Nurmi to redeem himself, he'd have to write a sentimental memoir of his dying pet poodle, invite 100 homeless folks to dinner at the Hilton, or volunteer mopping up blood and feces in an ebola-ridden hospital. And then to reflect on what a small speck he is in the universe. He's got to be convincing that "Who is Nurmi?" isn't same old, same old. In other words, he needs a major and magnificent undertaking, not self-indulgent twaddle.

He's evidently so out of touch with general perception that he hasn't figured out that people don't admire mean-spiritedness, especially when it's directed at those who can't fight back. And you don't improve your reputation by grinding in the nastiness and self-congratulation for another round.

CMJA was claiming abuse from the beginning in her early interviews with the media. She was already trying to trash him with one breath then praise him in another breath. Also, her parents said she was desolate for days, inconsolable with grief and couldn't stop crying. But she was at Grandma's calling Det. Flores again and again and all the friends and the Bishop. Was this cying in between the calls?:thinking:

I find this interesting that she couldn't handle what she had done. She went to the funeral event too for Travis. What she had done was driving her crazy and it explains that by the time LE had her in the interview room and interrogated her how she seemed so calm.

By then she was probably relieved that it was finally coming to an end and she knew she was in deep do do. She thought she would just work the LE and eventually be released and then she could finally be relieved from the pressure she put herself under because of what she had done.

She is one of those criminals that thought she could do a murder and she thought it would not affect her in her future life. She was so wrong. She couldn't handle it. She reached out to so many people after the murder because she could not handle the stress and pressure of what she had just done.

And here on WS some of us have been hypostasizing the idea that there was NO sex that day. Let alone twice. He says Travis seems to be really enjoying himself that day and she looked like a blow up plastic doll. I say Bull, Travis looked like he was asleep in the first nude picture and mad in the second, not happy in any picture, where as JA looked like the s--t she was, no emotion at all. Where does Nurmi come up with these stupid ideas. He just LIES

The "twice" concept is Nurmi projecting onto Travis what he (KN) might do if the opportunity were offered. Nurmi claims this is true by saying "this is how guys are" so it must have happened this way. It's intended as a gratuitous slam.

Newsflash to Nurmi! Nurms, projecting your sex drive onto a devout and much-loved dead man doesn't help your case for being a misunderstood saint.

Actually, I think it takes a special something to throw a client under the bus after trial ends, especially for no greater reason than for salving his own wounded ego. And an extra special something to savage both his client AND the murder victim in equal measure, calling his revenge on all the taking of the "high road" in the service of potential murderers and murder victims in toxic relationships.

But, VMMV.....

This is the first time I have ever heard of a defense attorney more or less throwing their defendant under the bus so soon after the trial.

It may have happened before with other books but I am not aware of any defense attorney writing a book so soon after the trial and in a lot of ways trashing their own defendant.

Originally Posted by popsicle on a 2013 thread:

This from the 8/8/2011 court proceedings:

Steven Roberts is sworn and testifies.
The witness is excused.

Deanna Reid is sworn and testifies.

State’s exhibit 3 is marked for identification.
State’s exhibit 3 is received into evidence.
The witness is excused

Christina Lopez is sworn and testifies.
The witness steps down.

2:16 p.m. The Court stands at recess.
Christina Lopez retakes the stand and testifies further.
The witness makes an in-court identification of the Defendant.

State’s exhibits 4, 5, 6, and 7 are marked for identification.
State’s exhibits 4 and 5 are received into evidence over the Defense objection.
State’s exhibit 6 is received into evidence.
The witness is excused.

Alan Kreitl is sworn and testifies.
State’s exhibits 1 and 2 are received into evidence.
The witness is excused.

"I am super curious who this Christina Lopez is, especially since she had to make an in court identification."

Okay, did we ever figure out who Lopez is, and what did she testify to? Was she possibly the one who caught the magazines trying smuggled out of jail by Ann I wonder?

Alan Krietl took the stand after Lopez. Given his speciality, handwriting forensics, I think it probable that Lopez's testimony related to the forgery practicing materials found in the killer's cell.

(exhibits 4-7, only #6 is brought into evidence)

There was a Christina Lopez working as a detention guard at Estrella back then. Guessing she was called to testify about what she found, especially killer's copying of TA's writing. ;)

Something I thought this morning when I was reading Nurmi's book via the glitch was how he complained about Jodi calling constantly wanting his attention. He said he wanted to hang up on her but didn't. He talked about how possessive she was, as if he was her boyfriend. I thought that would have been the perfect opportunity to empathize with Travis and what he had to endure, especially considering she wasn't locked up, but NO! But no. Only looking for the poor Nurmi angle.

Sounds like a possessive stalkerish aggressive person. Sounds like someone who would kill someone in the "if I cant have him then nobody can" way. Sounds like someone......oh wait.....she is that person.

Short, most logical answer: he's not trying to redeem himself.

He says so himself, directly and indirectly. He says he is a great enough attorney to save the life of the most hated woman in the US and possibly on the planet, despite being handicapped by her refusal to accept his sage legal guidance.

He says he doesn't care what The Trial Watchers think or believe, tells them as readers that they have no right to question his judgment, and with great haughtiness proclaims his own moral superiority because he understands all this as tragedy, unlike The Trial Watchers who so unpleasantly take sides.

And lest anyone miss his central in-the-face anti-redemption point, there it is- I don't apology for dragging Travis through the mud. He asked for it.

Which just goes to show that his definition of redemption differs from the norm. To most people it means adopting a new point of view, and disowning an old one, and as proof changing the course of action that lead to the need for redemption towards one that embodies it.

To Nurmi redemption means convincing the world that they were wrong and he was right, with redemption becoming a reality when that recognition becomes mutual.

Indeed, do you remember her reaction JVM's book? This book takes criticism of her to a whole new low; a Nurmi low.

I wonder if KN will get death threats like JVM did? Jodi's good at that.

I have a "j" starting to stick too. My nephew is a computer guy and he said he would clean the board when he got down here. He lives on the other side of the city and doesn't come my way that often. I guess I will just keep using it until he gets here. He was the one that took all the malware and *advertiser censored* off my laptop. He installed an anti virus package and thoroughly went through the entire hard drive. He can now remotely fix my computer but the keyboard has to done hands on. I just love him, he is so good to me.

If it continues to give you trouble even after cleaning they are much cheaper than I thought these days. I bought a new USB plug in keyboard using the USB port plug in and I think I paid about 10-15 dollars.

I find this interesting that she couldn't handle what she had done. She went to the funeral event too for Travis. What she had done was driving her crazy and it explains that by the time LE had her in the interview room and interrogated her how she seemed so calm.

By then she was probably relieved that it was finally coming to an end and she knew she was in deep do do. She thought she would just work the LE and eventually be released and then she could finally be relieved from the pressure she put herself under because of what she had done.

She is one of those criminals that thought she could do a murder and she thought it would not affect her in her future life. She was so wrong. She couldn't handle it. She reached out to so many people after the murder because she could not handle the stress and pressure of what she had just done.

Ummmm....I think she could handle it very well. All these details about her behavior after the murder are manipulations and cover-ups. Neither doing the murder, gloating over what she had done, and the gazillion sick coverups bothered her in the least: she kept inventing new and more devious "responses". She loved it all. IMO.

Ummmm....I think she could handle it very well. All these details about her behavior after the murder are manipulations and cover-ups. Neither doing the murder, gloating over what she had done, and the gazillion sick coverups bothered her in the least: she kept inventing new and more devious "responses". She loved it all. IMO.

Maybe your right. Maybe she just didn't want the excitement to end and kept calling people to keep up all the drama.

It takes a special type of person to be able to show face at the funeral event for Travis after she just killed him. She probably knew she had better go so that people would not suspect her as much. By then it was much too late since everyone had pegged her by then.

She had no conscience of guilt. Her show of grief was just that, a show. Before anyone knew he was dead except her, she was her usual cheerful, carefree self, from the rambling, nonchalant phone call to Travis' corpse hours after the murder, to her amorous attentions in the arms of RB, her fully present and engaged attendance of the Shakespeare play, evidenced by her smiling photograph with the actors afterwards, she was completely unaffected and unfazed by what she had done, until his body was discovered, then she became the duly grieving ex-girlfriend, intimate friend, and potential wife, inconsolably grieving the loss of such a great man.

The timing of Jenny finally officially withdrawing as counsel of record yesterday?

Hypothetical scenario 1.

Perhaps because the killer's fans are writing to tell her what's in the book and she's been spamming Jenny's office demanding to talk with her to rage about the book? Because she called her appeals attys first and they won't answer the phone? And Jenny was all like- dang. I knew there was something I forgot to do, filed the motion asap then told her on the killer call-in, sorry, I'm not your attorney anymore, take it up with Meg?

Hypothetical Scenario 2.

Ahler's investigation about jury tampering edges closer to Jenny- MDLR - killer contact and communications and Jenny's attorney asks her- well, you haven't been in touch with her since June, right, after the reparations hearing, since that was your last obligation as her attorney. Right? Right? Jenny?

Hypothetical scenario 3.

Jenny didn't resign as counsel of record in June because she and or MDLR wanted or needed to stay in contact with the killer to discuss things on a protected phone line, and it wasn't until the killer bombarded Jenny with screamy calls about the book that Jenny decided- not worth it , and pulled the plug?
Hypothetical Scenario 4

Jenny is writing a book as well telling the world what a murdering PITA Jodi is as well.

In which case, my Schadenfreude quota will be fulfilled for the next couple years.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Nurmi reminds me of the kid in high school who probably didn't have a lot of friends, geeky, fairly smart, was tall, but not good at basketball or other sports, and might have been bullied. I wonder if he chose his specific field of practice because even the lowest of the low need representation and would have to come to him (befriend, feel needed). So many of the snippets sound petulant and whiney at best.

Another thing that struck me was that Nurmi did not possess the skill or tools to set limits. If Heinous had realized early on that she could not play him, and he had set firm boundaries, the case might have been ajudicated far earlier.

Imagine if Juan Martinez had been the defense attorney and the roles were reversed! I shudder at the thought as she might have gotten a lesser conviction. Heinous' behavior and attempts at manipulation would not have changed, but JM would have "laid down the law" early on. IMO

I would imagine admitting his failings is not one of Nurmi's strongsuits, plus it might give Heinous the ammo she needs for a retrial based on ineffective counsel based on his own words. His contempt for Heinous is palpable, but then again, his words seem to be full of contempt for everyone involved in this case, especially Travis for being weak and falling for such a .

Nurmi had the benefit of age, an education, a different path in life than Travis did. IMO, Nurmi has a disconnect between what he experienced with his client and what Travis had to deal with. Travis did not have the tools to deal with a sociopath as manipulative as her. I don't know if Nurmi did either, but he was at least removed emotionally. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member