Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: My son and his new wife thinks that was him at the end of last night's episode. TWD has as many twists and turns as this trial did imo.

I'll risk the Mods here ... and then we need to discuss TWD in private ... IMO, it was Rick.

Nurmi is extremely envious that most everyone forgives Travis his imperfections (including, impressively, the LDS Church), while no one wants to forgive or empathize with Nurmi's. He even tries (with evil questions) to get the bishop to come over to his side on this, but the bishop doesn't blink an eye, and steadfastly maintains that no one is perfect and that's okay.

So Nurmi got behind the most heinous imperfection of all: the pedo lie. He pushed it, not because it was true, but because he thought it would be an unforgivable imperfection. He must have thought people would then be more relaxed about his (Nurmi's) imperfections. Big fail, Nurms! Pedophilia just didn't fit with who Travis was, and this was a guy who didn't have that many secrets. After all, he never locked his front door. So now, Travis looked even more forgivable, and Nurmi racked up a skyscraper of imperfections for himself, including lying, slander, poor lawyering, bad grammar....

IMO, in his book, Nurmi gives away that he compares himself with Travis. He says for sure Travis had two sex sessions with JA on the day of the murder because guys are like that and Travis liked sex. As if the "guys are like that" piece reflects anything that actually happened that day or anything that was going on in Travis' head.

Nurmi snippets:

"She talked badly about her dad to Sandy and called him a "jerk". She talked her mother into doing things behind Bill's back. Bill didn't approve of all the money Sandy was sending to Ms. Arias".

"If I were to break her fan mail into categories, the biggest category would be men who wanted to have sex with her". To be fair there was also your general assortment of weird people as well".

She dedicated most of her time to her "suitors", (old men who gave her money thinking she would come have sex with them as soon as she was released from jail).

One 60+ year old "suitor" lived on a farm in Missouri and she played him particularly well. "Feigned interest in him". Nurmi thinks he especially sent her lots of $$ and told her
he has a room ready for her to come live with him after the trial... Nurmi called him "pathetic".

What was that again Nurmi???..... A HORRIBLE *advertiser censored*?

Oh, the part about the butcheress not bathing... "Ms. Arias would not even take the 3 showers a week she was designated" EWWW!

I bet the family has little to do with her. They do not have to take her collect calls, send her money or send her mail...and I bet that makes her very mad, no matter what auntie may say.

They have Juan's book in a different category ...Medical, Forensic Psychology, When you look at Nurmi's it says #1 new release in that mayhem cat. but if you look at the other books in that category, they all have more stars than his book. I think what the #1 means is that it is the newest book out in that category. He has 30 reviews and 50% are 4 or 5 stars. So if you take him and his family and fiends posting good reviews, that leaves very few others. I posted on Amazon my review and told the truth, that I had read only parts of the book, but what I had read was amateurish also an unethical colored version that rehashed his attacks on the victim. I gave it a one star.

I would bet actual folding money the ranking has to do with sales rank, not with ratings. So if the book is selling like hot cakes, it will be ranked high, even if pretty much everyone agrees it's garbage.

"By in large, and for all intensive purposes, Ms Arias could of . . ."

The above is meant as a parody of Nurmi and is likely mean-spirited but, like many posters here, I'm aghast at his downright sloppiness. I'm a teacher and, after decades of grading essays, I can tell the difference between a student who simply doesn't know and a student who simply could care less. Guess which category he belongs to.

:thinking: Both? :dunno:

Nurmi is extremely envious that most everyone forgives Travis his imperfections (including, impressively, the LDS Church), while no one wants to forgive or empathize with Nurmi's. He even tries (with evil questions) to get the bishop to come over to his side on this, but the bishop doesn't blink an eye, and steadfastly maintains that no one is perfect and that's okay.

So Nurmi got behind the most heinous imperfection of all: the pedo lie. He pushed it, not because it was true, but because he thought it would be an unforgivable imperfection. He must have thought people would then be more relaxed about his (Nurmi's) imperfections. Big fail, Nurms! Pedophilia just didn't fit with who Travis was, and this was a guy who didn't have that many secrets. After all, he never locked his front door. So now, Travis looked even more forgivable, and Nurmi racked up a skyscraper of imperfections for himself, including lying, slander, poor lawyering, bad grammar....

IMO, in his book, Nurmi gives away that he compares himself with Travis. He says for sure Travis had two sex sessions with JA on the day of the murder because guys are like that and Travis liked sex. As if the "guys are like that" piece reflects anything that actually happened that day or anything that was going on in Travis' head.

Nurmi's mistake is that he's trying to redeem himself through the trial. He thinks that by reiterating and reinforcing his strategy he will somehow look better this time around. The logic of that escapes me. A truly redeeming quality would be to admit his mistakes, the most prominent being his mischaracterization of Travis, and the belief in its necessity. In the end it didn't do his client all that much good, and in actuality made her look worse, because that characterization was not believed.

But to correct a mistake, you have first to see it, and then admit it. Nurmi is apparently failing on both points.

From the Just Da Truth site, for those who don't know any of the history. (not sure if this link is allowed... http://***************.blogspot.ca/2013/11/victoria-washington-former-jodi-arias.html )
"Quick history to bring you up to date. Back in August of 2009 Victoria Washington was assigned the secondary position on the defense team, with Kirk Nurmi as lead. Ms. Washington was part of the team in August of 2011 when Jodi Arias took over as lead attorney, tried to introduce the Travis-is-a-pedophile letters, was denied, and then relinquished her role back to the real attorneys (where it belonged!). Then in December of 2011, Ms. Washington cited a conflict of interest, and received permission to pull herself from the defense team."

Just found the link I was looking for with all the defense counsel JA has had since 2008:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t4266-jodi-arias-biology-of-the-defense-case

James Hann, Maria L Schaffer, Judis R Andrews, Gregory T Parzych, Victoria E Washington, Kirk Nurmi and lastly Jennifer L Willmott.

And here on WS some of us have been hypostasizing the idea that there was NO sex that day. Let alone twice. He says Travis seems to be really enjoying himself that day and she looked like a blow up plastic doll. I say Bull, Travis looked like he was asleep in the first nude picture and mad in the second, not happy in any picture, where as JA looked like the s--t she was, no emotion at all. Where does Nurmi come up with these stupid ideas. He just LIES

I would bet actual folding money the ranking has to do with sales rank, not with ratings. So if the book is selling like hot cakes, it will be ranked high, even if pretty much everyone agrees it's garbage.

I do not believe Nurmi's book is selling that well at all.

Nurmi's mistake is that he's trying to redeem himself through the trial. He thinks that by reiterating and reinforcing his strategy he will somehow look better this time around. The logic of that escapes me. A truly redeeming quality would be to admit his mistakes, the most prominent being his mischaracterization of Travis, and the belief in its necessity. In the end it didn't do his client all that much good, and in actuality made her look worse, because that characterization was not believed.

But to correct a mistake, you have first to see it, and then admit it. Nurmi is apparently failing on both points.

BBM: We're discussing Nurmi, right?

Amen to that Steve.

I guess he missed this: "I was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat for you,"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/jodi-arias-timeline_n_2387245.html

For me, that pretty much summed up their relationship and something that a young man trying his human best to follow the dictates of his religion would already be beating himself up over and therefore would not likely be a "guys are like that" kind of guy, no matter his verbal flirting.

Thank you so much to everyone reading and relating the book contents. This will wipe the smirk of Jodi's face, if nothing so far has. Her worst nightmare: secrets revealed, not flattering opinions shared on a world wide stage by the guy who is meant to be on her side. The information will trickle in to her head, and no one will hear her scream! No one cares how many tantrums she has this week, or how many showers! No way of rebutting Nurmi's words, or defending herself in any effective manner. Sux to be her!

Thank you so much to everyone reading and relating the book contents. This will wipe the smirk of Jodi's face, if nothing so far has. Her worst nightmare: secrets revealed, not flattering opinions shared on a world wide stage by the guy who is meant to be on her side. The information will trickle in to her head, and no one will hear her scream! No one cares how many tantrums she has this week, or how many showers! No way of rebutting Nurmi's words, or defending herself in any effective manner. Sux to be her!

Indeed, do you remember her reaction JVM's book? This book takes criticism of her to a whole new low; a Nurmi low.

His book may not have accomplished its stated purposes for Nurmi, but it contains plenty of what he's best at, sliming, and in the case of Arias the trajectory of his hyperbole for once probably accurately describes the curve of reality.

Perhaps that's the gift he sought. She allowed him to be truthful without changing his character.

Hey G&A Mom!

I had been stopping by here every veek or so, still waiting on Sheriff Joe's report on CMJA's many shenanigans. But, since I read here about Nurmi's "book," I've been popping in every day, and even many times each day.

Like so many of you here, I'm both amused and appalled by his words. Given his thin-skinned ego and his sloppy logic (and that's putting it politely), I really am surprised that the man passed the bar exam let alone graduated from a university. Reading his "thoughts," I'm convinced that he's a lazy thinker who believes he's smarter than the average bear. He lacks any self-awareness. Kinda like his former client, no? No wonder they despise each other.

Well, as I've said before, somebody had to graduate last in law school.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

OT: Speaking of "pizza delivery guys" ... Is Glenn dead? (Totally OT, but I know there are a few TWD fans on here :)

Not until I actually see him as a walker.

Nurmi is extremely envious that most everyone forgives Travis his imperfections (including, impressively, the LDS Church), while no one wants to forgive or empathize with Nurmi's. He even tries (with evil questions) to get the bishop to come over to his side on this, but the bishop doesn't blink an eye, and steadfastly maintains that no one is perfect .

Snipped by me.

Just jumping off from your great post, bringing up the bishop's testimony reminds me of one of Nurmi's more epic fails. He asked the bishop if he had brought a lawyer with him, which the bishop had. Why, asks Nurmi. Are you guilty of something?

So by that rationale, Jodi would be twice as guilty since she had TWO lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members