Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she was simply so confident that she'd done the perfect crime and would get away with it(see her early TV interviews) that she was kind of regretting not being able to boast that she had been the one to punish TA for his sins, let alone shove her and TA's sordid relationship in all TA's marriageable choices' faces ... so felt the need to soak up every minute of pain she could wring from his family and friends to feed her compulsion for that fleeting "ultimate gratification" she craved, as she so succinctly put it in her blog on May 10, 2008.

I wondered also if she went to the funeral to try to get attention as his "girlfriend." Kind of in the way a widow gets so much attention, love, and support when her husband dies, or even more so when he is murdered. But she was too narcissistic to realize that many people at the funeral already had pegged her in their minds as the murderer, rather than as the sympathetic character of brokenhearted girlfriend.

Or maybe she wanted to be there to hear if the police had any suspects, or to glean any information which could be helpful to her in the event she was accused of the crime.

Or she could have gone for the reasons already stated. Much as arsonists like to come back and watch the mayhem they have created, she may well have wanted to relish in the drama and heartache she'd left in her wake.

Re BBM
I think you are exactly right. The timing is too coincidental.

They probably read it and realized WOW the same things she is doing to us. Heck no I am out of here. LOL

Is it possible they've exhausted the appeals AZ was obligated to provide and JA is now left to paying for her own representation?

Me too. All the way through her post-arrest request to pretty herself up for the mugshot and EF's speedy reply of - no, we can't let you do that. I'm afraid you're gonna have to come along just as you are. ...:)

Wait, where was the first mug shot with makeup taken? In Yreka or AZ?:waitasec:

Here is what I'm finding about the text messages. According to Nurmi, of course.

-he had to file a motion to compel the state to provide them because they refused
-the state kept insisting they didn't exist until threatened with court intervention
-state turned over "hundreds" of text messages. KN is angry they didn't come from the phone company itself, but rather from the state. He prefers the records directly from the phone company
-he finally got what he wanted; the fact that there were thousands and thousands of texts (gee, the page before said hundreds, now it is thousands) means to KN that these two "were really involved in each other's lives on so many levels." The number of texts reveals to KN that Travis never tried to disengage himself from JA (gee, Nurmi, if the number didn't perhaps the content would have. Dumba$$).
-KN says these were very genuine because they were written at a time when neither party would have a need to fabricate anything.
-KN focuses on the differing tones of TA's texts, how one minute he calls JA a liar and the next he says she is awesome.
-JA supported Mitt Romney for President (I swear, I'm not making this up)
-the texts on the whole made Nurmi feel very sad.

This is in the section about the text messages. The book is so disjointed the info you seek could be elsewhere so I'll take another look and post anything I can find.

But as you can see, Nurmi is looking strictly at the number of texts. God forbid he write about the content of them. I have a sneaking suspicion that would paint an entirely different picture of this "relationship."

Thanks, Pink.

I can't wait to see the texts from April thru the day she murdered him, coming sooner or later to BK's page.

The texts we won't see that are relevant are between July-Nov. 2007, moving to then in Mesa.

But, from Dec 07 thru March 08 there are maybe hundreds of text, almost all of them initiated by her, and the times T texted her first it was 99% of the time about switching cars or other practical stuff, or about asking her WTH she had just done to him.

These months were during the time he had moved on and was trying to find a wife, and she hadn't and was doing everything she could think of with her dirty little imagination to keep him off balance and from ditching her 100%

Here is what I'm finding about the text messages. According to Nurmi, of course.

-he had to file a motion to compel the state to provide them because they refused
-the state kept insisting they didn't exist until threatened with court intervention
-state turned over "hundreds" of text messages. KN is angry they didn't come from the phone company itself, but rather from the state. He prefers the records directly from the phone company
-he finally got what he wanted; the fact that there were thousands and thousands of texts (gee, the page before said hundreds, now it is thousands) means to KN that these two "were really involved in each other's lives on so many levels." The number of texts reveals to KN that Travis never tried to disengage himself from JA (gee, Nurmi, if the number didn't perhaps the content would have. Dumba$$).
-KN says these were very genuine because they were written at a time when neither party would have a need to fabricate anything.
-KN focuses on the differing tones of TA's texts, how one minute he calls JA a liar and the next he says she is awesome.

This is in the section about the text messages. The book is so disjointed the info you seek could be elsewhere so I'll take another look and post anything I can find.

But as you can see, Nurmi is looking strictly at the number of texts. God forbid he write about the content of them. I have a sneaking suspicion that would paint an entirely different picture of this "relationship."

Supporting Romney just goes along with her conversion as part of her fake Mormonism. I know Mormons who live near me who were thrilled to have a Mormon candidate running for president. Most sociopaths/psychopaths tend to be apolitical. If if doesn't directly affect their lives, they don't care about politics. It's all part of her act.
Thought of an exception because it did directly affect her life: Casey Anthony was Anti-Death Penalty, LOL!!!

Docket curiosity:

Nov 16, Superior Court docket, Motion to withdraw as counsel of record.

Nov 16, COA docket, Motion by appellant (killer) to delay response to the State's pleadings.

Say what?

ETA...and the motions earlier in November to strike? Strike what the heck what?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the DT is still trying to keep all those sealed records sealed.

I counted them yesterday and what showed up on http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/ were 99(unless I counted wrong) entries showing SDO - Order to Seal Documents.

DOC's definition of attorney is:

ATTORNEY - An attorney-at-law licensed to practice in any state or federal jurisdiction.

 Who has entered into or may in the future enter into an attorney-client relationship with the inmate
or has been appointed to represent the inmate, as evidenced by court record, court order or by the inmate's written authorization.

I take "has entered into" to reflect a current attorney-client relationship. There's no signifier saying it means "ever" or "past" and, as I read it, "represent" means that the representation is current. Otherwise, Nurmi would still have privileges to speak to JA. I don't think so!

Interesting to me....., it doesn't say anything about attorneys calling client inmates and whether that requires a sign-up sheet, or attorneys showing up at the prison to visit with clients.

I'm impressed that the Perryville Princess must give such a long notice to speak with or visit an attorney, but I supposed Perryville only has post-conviction-post-sentencing inmates, so attorney contacts are much less frequent than in a jail.

I'm reminded, on this topic, that other than attorney contacts, Jodi has few phone call or visitation opportunities. I have a feeling Angela Fiend is going to make sure it stays that way.

Interesting timing for Wilmott to suddenly remember that she didn't officially remove herself in June. Or July. Or August, September or October or half of November. Busy lady, maybe.

Pink or Caylee Adv or any one with Nurmi's book. Is it accurate that he essentially accused JM or EF with evidence tampering? And suggested that proof of that might yet show up? (related to what Nurmi says are missing lines within text msg exchanges)?

Might be at the end of a chapter about text messages?

Pretty much it was like this (not verbatim though, and just from my memory)

"after reviewing all of the messages, it was clear that a lot of them were missing, apart from Ms. Arias Helio phone. I believed data had been deleted but could not prove it at the time, but who knows what might come forward in the future and missing messages may be found"

I just came across this and found it interesting since I thought it had been said that the PT had not been allowed to view JA's jail visitation logs. More food for thought re any further charges that may be brought.

http://www.azcourts.gov/Portals/0/OpinionFiles/Div1/2009/1 CA-SA 09-0257-112167.pdf
"IT IS ORDERED vacating the trial court’s order prohibiting
the State from viewing and/or accessing jail visitation logs."

Thank you again Pink, I really appreciate your reading up for us!

Re: the text messages - KN asked (and was denied) for mistrial/prosecutorial misconduct/flogging(lol) based on not handing over text messages. JM respond that the means to extract and print them didn't exist, and as soon as it did they were printed handed over, but that Nurmi said they should have taken still photos of each message (like 30,000 of then), JM said that wasn't possible, but nurmi could have done so. In any event, Nurmi had them for like 3 years before this hearing, and the judge ultimately denied his motion.

In other word, Nurmi lies, just a bit..

If you want to watch the part of the hearing, it's on Day6 at about 1:13:45 for about 10 minutes on David Lohr's video.
I'll try a link, here (hope it works!):
https://youtu.be/kdhYXVlvzsY?t=1h13m45s

Re: the text messages - KN asked (and was denied) for mistrial/prosecutorial misconduct/flogging(lol) based on not handing over text messages. JM respond that the means to extract and print them didn't exist, and as soon as it did they were printed handed over, but that Nurmi said they should have taken still photos of each message (like 30,000 of then), JM said that wasn't possible, but nurmi could have done so. In any event, Nurmi had them for like 3 years before this hearing, and the judge ultimately denied his motion.

If you want to watch the part of the hearing, it's on Day6 at about 1:13:45 for about 10 minutes on David Lohr's video.

I remember that motion and thinking how frustrating it was hearing all this when Nurmi had had those texts already for several years. I may be remembering this wrong, but I don't think it was the first time Nurmi had brought up this issue.

Thanks for posting the link. I was sure there was more to the story than Nurmi was letting on. /sarcasm on/ What a surprise /sarcasm off/

I remember that motion and thinking how frustrating it was hearing all this when Nurmi had had those texts already for several years. I may be remembering this wrong, but I don't think it was the first time Nurmi had brought up this issue.
Most of the motions the defense team filed were simply to try and make Juan look bad in the eyes of the court and had no merit whatsoever.

I thought she was simply so confident that she'd done the perfect crime and would get away with it(see her early TV interviews) that she was kind of regretting not being able to boast that she had been the one to punish TA for his sins, let alone shove her and TA's sordid relationship in all TA's marriageable choices' faces ... so felt the need to soak up every minute of pain she could wring from his family and friends to feed her compulsion for that fleeting "ultimate gratification" she craved, as she so succinctly put it in her blog on May 10, 2008.

Hmmm...May 10th, the same date as the sex tape, and the text argument over "Steve Carroll", that certainly was a busy day for her.

I just came across this and found it interesting since I thought it had been said that the PT had not been allowed to view JA's jail visitation logs. More food for thought re any further charges that may be brought.

http://www.azcourts.gov/Portals/0/OpinionFiles/Div1/2009/1 CA-SA 09-0257-112167.pdf
"IT IS ORDERED vacating the trial court’s order prohibiting
the State from viewing and/or accessing jail visitation logs."

Thank you! So I guess the court of appeals overturned the order? Of course, now I cant' remember when the original order was!

Apparently it also escaped him that most of the texts were written by JA.

Pretty much it was like this (not verbatim though, and just from my memory)

"after reviewing all of the messages, it was clear that a lot of them were missing. Ms. Arias' Helio was the only thing missing. I believed data had been deleted but could not prove it at the time, but who knows what might come forward in the future and missing messages may be found"

He's probably claiming that most of Travis's text messages are missing, removed by big baddies JM and EF. Bwahahaha! Those texts never existed, Nurms, because Travis did not text back to your client when she kept bugging him. Your client wouldn't leave him alone, kept interfering in his life, and Travis didn't want to respond or engage her in any way. Texts, Jodi vs Travis, 99 vs 1.

I think 'Nurmi lies, just a bit' is the understatement of the year.

He's probably claiming that most of Travis's text messages are missing, removed by big baddies JM and EF. Bwahahaha! Those texts never existed, Nurms, because Travis did not text back to your client when she kept bugging him. Your client wouldn't leave him alone, kept interfering in his life, and Travis didn't want to respond or engage her in any way. Texts, Jodi vs Travis, 99 vs 1.

Yea, I edited my original post, he didn't say Ms. Arias' Helio phone was missing, he said "apart from Ms. Arias' Helio phone"... implying her phone was not tampered with. BS

Thank you! So I guess the court of appeals overturned the order? Of course, now I cant' remember when the original order was!

9/16/2009 was the original motion date (according to the docket), 11/27/2009 is the date overturning the motion *Sally Duncan granted.

*Edited to change judge's name, Duncan was judge at this stage (not JSS as I had typed). Here's her original order granting the motion on 9/25/2009 (filed date of 10/01/2009):

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/102009/m3907505.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members