Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the motions the defense team filed were simply to try and make Juan look bad in the eyes of the court and had no merit whatsoever.

The annoying thing to me is that even when their motions of alleged prosecutorial misconduct were shot down, Jodi's attorneys kept bringing them up again. Mostly playing for the press and the cameras.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I guess this explains why JA’s “stuff” was in a storage shed when KN went to Yreka … He evidently thought that was odd; but it had been there ever since she moved back from Mesa (and Dad was thrilled). (Undentified MALE #1 is Mr. Arias.) Bold is mine.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/29/ng.01.html

UNIDENTIFIED MALE 1: No, because when she talked about him and they broke up, she goes, she was just going to stay in town and work, she goes, because I still need it, because I don`t need you guys to be, you know, trying to help her along. I need to get a job and straighten my life out. I said OK. But she kept calling, she always called my wife more because my wife was more lenient with her and sent her the money -- I`m sure she sent a lot of money without me knowing, because I wouldn`t send her nothing. I said, you know what? You can just, I said I could just go pick you up and bring you right back. I said I`ll bring my truck and whatever fits in that is all you need to bring. And I said, you can just start all over again. And then finally, of course, she talked to my wife into going down there and blowing all that money on that truck and all her stuff. Most of it`s given away or thrown away. And she brought some of it to the house. What`s the use of bringing it if you`re just--

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, it`s frustrating.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE 1: And she was always calling, crying that she needed more money, forking out more money. And when she moved here, we gave her, my wife went -- took time off work, went down there, rented her a U-haul, put out $2,500 to bring her back here. And what is she doing? She`s leaving all her crap in the storage room. She didn`t care. She was going to leave it there. We paid for it to come here.

I guess this explains why JA’s “stuff” was in a storage shed when KN went to Yreka … He evidently thought that was odd; but it had been there ever since she moved back from Mesa (and Dad was thrilled). (Undentified MALE #1 is Mr. Arias.) Bold is mine.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE 1: No, because when she talked about him and they broke up, she goes, she was just going to stay in town and work, she goes, because I still need it, because I don`t need you guys to be, you know, trying to help her along. I need to get a job and straighten my life out. I said OK. But she kept calling, she always called my wife more because my wife was more lenient with her and sent her the money -- I`m sure she sent a lot of money without me knowing, because I wouldn`t send her nothing. I said, you know what? You can just, I said I could just go pick you up and bring you right back. I said I`ll bring my truck and whatever fits in that is all you need to bring. And I said, you can just start all over again. And then finally, of course, she talked to my wife into going down there and blowing all that money on that truck and all her stuff. Most of it`s given away or thrown away. And she brought some of it to the house. What`s the use of bringing it if you`re just--

UNIDENTIFIED MALE 1: And she was always calling, crying that she needed more money, forking out more money. And when she moved here, we gave her, my wife went -- took time off work, went down there, rented her a U-haul, put out $2,500 to bring her back here. And what is she doing? She`s leaving all her crap in the storage room. She didn`t care. She was going to leave it there. We paid for it to come here.

Storage room versus tool shed.... Nurmi should have had Ms. Arias edit his book. :laughing:

Whoa wait a second, where did she have a storage room?

9/16/2009 was the original motion date (according to the docket), 11/27/2009 is the date overturning the motion *Sally Duncan granted.

*Edited to change judge's name, Duncan was judge at this stage (not JSS as I had typed). Here's her original order granting the motion on 9/25/2009 (filed date of 10/01/2009):

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/102009/m3907505.pdf

Thank you!, you guys are good - I've been poking around looking for it, which of course leads me down all sorts of rabbit holes....

Nurmi's book is just bringing it all back, so we doubt our own memory - which is probably what he wanted. His book seems to have many logical fallacies - I don't think he believed anyone would research it. It sure doesn't seem as if he did, IMO.

Storage room versus tool shed.... Nurmi should have had Ms. Arias edit his book. :laughing:

I don't have the book, so I'm not sure what verbiage KN used. Mr. A says, "THE storage room." Could have been a tool shed used for storage? Or it was a storage shed that KN called a "tool shed." IDK. JA's room at her g-parents was evidently still intact (according the snippets, room still had a asinine (IMO) "dreamboard" or some such *advertiser censored* on the wall). Mr. A's comments indicate a lot of bitterness toward JA's thoughtlessness and her demands. I wonder if they've burned her precious "stuff"? I would.

I assumed to the "storage room" was month-to-month paid storage, and after Jodi was arrested, they took it out of storage and put it in the tool shed. With this scenario, KN could have seen the "dreamboard" on the wall in her bedroom.

BBM. IMO Nurmi is neither geeky nor smart. He obviously slopped his way through school and university. Dork maybe, but not geek. Dweeb? His clusminess and size might have got him bullied (but without photos, it's hard to know what he looked like as a youngster), but not his brains or work ethic. Whining might not have gone over with the "in" crowd, either.

I hate to appear stupid but would you tell me what BBM. at the beginning of a post means? Thanks ahead of time. I keep learning as I go along. LOL

Does it seem strange to anyone other than me that her father always seems to call her mother "his wife" and not refer to her mom as her mom?

Just struck me as very odd.

I hate to appear stupid but would you tell me what BBM. at the beginning of a post means? Thanks ahead of time. I keep learning as I go along. LOL

BBM=Bolded By Me, and you don't appear stupid - it isn't intrinsic knowledge, so no worries.

I assumed to the "storage room" was month-to-month paid storage, and after Jodi was arrested, they took it out of storage and put it in the tool shed. With this scenario, KN could have seen the "dreamboard" on the wall in her bedroom.

I truly don't know. You'd think Mr. A would throw in a complaint about how much a storage facility was costing? But, again, IDK. I just thought it was interesting that JA's dad would go into this during his initial interview with LE. To me, it speaks volumes as to the family dynamics/frustrations BEFORE JA was officially hauled off. And it shows how much JA valued her worthless "crap." (Also, the dreamboard was, I think, at her G-parents' home? And the "tool shed" was at her parents'? But ... IDK, IDK.) :)

Eh, if my kid murdered a guy in cold blood, in addition to complaining and demanding money, I'd put their stuff in a tool shed too. Why pay for storage if they're never coming home? And I can see them keeping it, she is their daughter.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Does it seem strange to anyone other than me that her father always seems to call her mother "his wife" and not refer to her mom as her mom?

Hmm. I hadn't noticed that before. It IS odd. Or at least doesn't seem a very typical thing for a parent to say.

I very rarely refer to other cases to make comparisons, but in some basic way he reminds me of George, FCA's hapless father. Both seemed to understand their girls were whacked early on, both seemed to defer to Mom, and ...that's where it is different. CMJA's dad seems to have washed his hands of her altogether, unlike George. But that's a different story altogether.

Yes, it seemed odd to me, too - most men woudn't say 'my wife' - they'd say 'Sandy', or 'Her Mother' - it did seem odd. As if to distance himself IMO.

Glad I could help. If you do decide to get a USB Plug-in Keyboard, first be sure to check your laptop's side and make sure you have at least 2 USB ports if you are using 1 already for your Mouse. Even if your laptop only has 1 USB Port, I think they make a connector that can split the 1 port to 2 connections so that you can plug in both your mouse and keyboard.

Its like a 1-to-2 USB connector.

You can just check those things before you go in case you need to get the connector too.
If your laptop has 2 ports then you don't need the connector of course.

I ran into that on an old laptop because I only had 1 port and my mouse was using the port.

Thank You again Hatfield, I have two USB ports so it should be a snap. I am going out tomorrow to get the keyboard. Should make typing easier with fewer spellings errors.

Hmm. I hadn't noticed that before. It IS odd. Or at least doesn't seem a very typical thing for a parent to say.

I very rarely refer to other cases to make comparisons, but in some basic way he reminds me of George, FCA's hapless father. Both seemed to understand their girls were whacked early on, both seemed to defer to Mom, and ...that's where it is different. CMJA's dad seems to have washed his hands of her altogether, unlike George. But that's a different story altogether.

I felt sorry for Mr. A during that mom-dad video plea for money. At the end, the poor man couldn't get out of there soon enough; IIRC, he says a quiet, "thank you" and stands up. A more polished version is here: http://justice4jodi.com/ Upon the initial release, however (no music, no dissolve), his discomfort was extremely apparent. At least IMO.

Makes me wonder if he is her biological father (even though I believe he is). Seems like the sort of thing a step parent would say.

Did not watch the CA trial so not familiar with how her parents were - other than what I've read on the blogs. But from what I have read, the father was not allowed to be but so involved due to her mother appearing to be controlling.

Have to say, this is the first trial I have ever followed and I won't get this involved again. It takes a great deal of time, lots of energy, my emotions stay all tangled up - but I can't let go! LOL

Yes, it seemed odd to me, too - most men woudn't say 'my wife' - they'd say 'Sandy', or 'Her Mother' - it did seem odd. As if to distance himself IMO.

I agree, when I first saw the video I didn't know a lot about the family and was wondering if maybe he was her stepdad, he just didn't sound like he was talking about a child he fathered, and when I found that it was his daughter, I did think his phrasing quite strange also.

Actually, that doesn't seem strange to me at all. In public, that's how my father refers to my mother, and it's typical in the professional circles I've been associated with.

That usage also suggests that Mr. and Mrs. have prioritized their relationship over any relationship either has with JA.

Unless there was some glitch in the system, motions are e-filed per rules of COA.

BK is reporting that it the attorney withdrawal was Willmott, so just pretend I never thought it was the appeal attorneys, LOL!

She is also backtracking just a little on her comments about JM being granted time for a book tour, now posting that the extension also mentioned that JM was taking over from another attorney and needed time to become familiar with the case. I primarily use the site for docs, so I don't know, but maybe someone mentioned that to her in comments?

Someone informed BK on her Facebook page. She didn't come to that knowledge on her own. The poster pointed it out to her and gave a link about it. We are not the only ones who recognized that BK is somewhat anti-Juan at times and someone else mentioned she should check the information she gets from Kiefer, because he has an agenda against Juan and misreports more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling