Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, especially in that circumstance, in a formal or semi-formal conversation, "my wife" would be exactly how Sandy would be referred to. Plus, I believe EF also referred to her that way (as "your wife") and IIRC the Ariases were being addressed as Mr. and Mrs. Arias.

It's not until quite recently that first names have been used in many contexts, and Mr. Arias seems to be quite a bit older than Sandy. It is a sign of respect and decorum to bring out the Mr. and Mrs. which goes along with the wife and husband thing which goes along with "your (plural) child". Honestly, it didn't strike me as weird at all. At least Bill didn't call her Mrs. Arias, which would have been decidedly Victorian.

And then, there's the problem of different ways of saying mother.... "Mom" is not in every family. What would you think of Mr. A talking about "Jodi's Mummy"? "Jodi's Mommy"?" Jodi's Mama"? and worst of all, "Jodi's mother". "Jodi's Mother"="Jodi belongs to her and not me and I don't have much to do with either one of them". "Wife" is a whole lot better than any of these rediculousnesses.

Now that I've flogged a dead horse, it's clear Mr. and Mrs. were circling their wagons and propelling Jodi out of the family unit.

Does Sandy even refer to her husband at all in that interview? That might be more interesting...

What initially struck me about their interviews is that both her parents--individually and separately--seemed most concerned to distance themselves from her.

[/B]

What initially struck me about their interviews is that both her parents--individually and separately--seemed most concerned to distance themselves from her.

Ohhhh, yes! They didn't even blink!

But maybe "distance" was to be expected? Since their daughter was being accused of a slaughter? I suppose they could have said she'd never do such a thing, but I'm also sure that LE can be intimidating, and they may have come from a position of shock. I think it's kinda hard under the circumstances to hang too much on every word.

They also seemed to be speaking the truth. I'm not sure this was even"throwing Jodi under the bus" so much as saying what they had noticed and perceived to be true. Jodi threw herself under the bus.

The New motion filed Nov 16th in COA by CMJA's AA's is asking for more time to respond the Attorney Generals Office (Paul Abler) who wanted to open some sealed documents just to look and then reseal them but they say it has nothing to do with her appeal. They are really fighting this opening of sealed documents, WHY? They are hiding something that could hurt this monster.

[/B]

Neither had a ready impulse to deny her guilt.

Neither said something along the lines of "there must be some mistake, she couldn't have done this."

Instead, both of them began offering examples of long-standing psychological and behavioral oddities, things that they had always been concerned about and perplexed by.

They both knew that she had done it, and that they had only seen glimpses of the depth and distance of her alien psychology.

Neither had a ready impulse to deny her guilt.

Neither said something along the lines of "there must be some mistake, she couldn't have done this."

Instead, both of them began offering examples of long-standing psychological and behavioral oddities, things that they had always been concerned about and perplexed by.

They both knew that she had done it, and that they had only seen glimpses of the depth and distance of her alien psychology.

My memory of the interviews is a sense that dad had long ago washed his hands of her, and really didn't like how she treated his wife. I think he lost the battle with his wife long ago about how she parented the killer, one of the reasons for washing his hands of the killer and responsibility for her.

As for Sandy. I didn't see a mother trying to distance herself. She seemed to know her daughter was guilty but was trying to wrap her brain around the fact. The "how could anyone...." spoke to that, as did her telling EF of the killer's emotional instability.

What struck me most, though, was her complete lack of empathy, concern or horror for Travis' family. IIRC she only spoke about the killer throwing away her own bright shiny promising future.

JM's book now has a cover. :). Progress.

Other progress: BK will be posting TA's April texts sometime between this Friday and Monday. :) :)

My memory of the interviews is a sense that dad had long ago washed his hands of her, and really didn't like how she treated his wife. I think he lost the battle with his wife long ago about how she parented the killer, one of the reasons for washing his hands of the killer and responsibility for her.

As for Sandy. I didn't see a mother trying to distance herself. She seemed to know her daughter was guilty but was trying to wrap her brain around the fact. The "how could anyone...." spoke to that, as did her telling EF of the killer's emotional instability.

What struck me most, though, was her complete lack of empathy, concern or horror for Travis' family. IIRC she only spoke about the killer throwing away her own bright shiny promising future.

The father did seem more detached and he seemed to reference events from the more distant past than Sandy. My impression is that he had long ago withdrawn from Jodi for his own emotional protection, and that he was resigned to the fact that he was helpless to intervene between her and Sandy, and had as little to do with her directly as possible.

Sandy's attitude in the immediacy of the interview might have been understandable, but in light of her awareness of Jodi's long standing psychological problems, how and why she came to adopt her daughter's point of view and attitude about the crime is a mystery. Maybe she was too worn down to even contemplate standing in opposition to her.

The father did seem more detached and he seemed to reference events from the more distant past than Sandy. My impression is that he had long ago withdrawn from Jodi for his own emotional protection, and that he was resigned to the fact that he was helpless to intervene between her and Sandy, and had as little to do with her directly as possible.

Sandy's attitude in the immediacy of the interview might have been understandable, but in light of her awareness of Jodi's long standing psychological problems, how and why she came to adopt her daughter's point of view and attitude about the crime is a mystery. Maybe she was too worn down to even contemplate standing in opposition to her.

I'm not sure Sandy adopted the killer's POV about anything. The Sandy I saw immediately after sentencing was a mother saying with words, facial expressions, and body language--

OK???? I did everything that could possibly be asked of me in this situation of my daughter facing the DP. I came to court everyday, I didn't object to her lies about me abusing her, or my husband abusing her, I read the letter she asked me to read, I went online to raise money for her. Maybe I'm partially to blame for what happened because I let her get away with too much and I didn't realize just how sick she is. But I've paid enough now....I'm DONE.

I'm not sure Sandy adopted the killer's POV about anything. The Sandy I saw immediately after sentencing was a mother saying with words, facial expressions, and body language--

OK???? I did everything that could possibly be asked of me in this situation of my daughter facing the DP. I came to court everyday, I didn't object to her lies about me abusing her, or my husband abusing her, I read the letter she asked me to read, I went online to raise money for her. Maybe I'm partially to blame for what happened because I let her get away with too much and I didn't realize just how sick she is. But I've paid enough now....I'm DONE.

I had a similar thought, that her support of her daughter was the last act that she would do for her as her mother, that she knew she was guilty, and would either get the DP or life in prison, but decided to go through the motions, partly because it would be easier on her to not have Jodi turn on her, and so that she could tell herself that she did everything she could for Jodi up until the very end. I think she knew what the end result would be, and had her sights set on the aftermath, when she would be free from Jodi and could then try to bring back some normalcy to her life, without Jodi in it.

I thought I had heard it all until I read on the Greek Mystique support site that one of them posted they had "written a letter to the POTUS asking him to remove Ms. Jodi from the state of Arizona so she can get a fair appeals"(oh, it is because he is a U.S. citizen)... I would say to him, read up on OUR laws, what happens in Arizona stays in Arizona. :facepalm:

I will have to beg to differ with the opinions of Sandy Arias. I am watching a documentary now about a man who found circumstantial evidence that possibly linked his brother to a murder. The man turned his brother in, told the truth about him, told what he knew and they arrested and charged his brother with murder- seeking the death penalty. I'll save my sympathy for someone like him.

I will have to beg to differ with the opinions of Sandy Arias. I am watching a documentary now about a man who found circumstantial evidence that possibly linked his brother to a murder. The man turned his brother in, told the truth about him, told what he knew and they arrested and charged his brother with murder- seeking the death penalty. I'll save my sympathy for someone like him.

I'm not saying I thought SA did the right thing, but since I don't think she believed the things she was saying, I was trying to assess her motivations for saying them. I don't respect her decision, but the stress of her years with JA may be sufficient to explain it, as much as it was still a personal failing on her part.

I thought I had heard it all until I read on the Greek Mystique support site that one of them posted they had "written a letter to the POTUS asking him to remove Ms. Jodi from the state of Arizona so she can get a fair appeals"(oh, it is because he is a U.S. citizen)... I would say to him, read up on OUR laws, what happens in Arizona stays in Arizona. :facepalm:

LOL. Thanks for the comic relief.....

I thought she was simply so confident that she'd done the perfect crime and would get away with it(see her early TV interviews) that she was kind of regretting not being able to boast that she had been the one to punish TA for his sins, let alone shove her and TA's sordid relationship in all TA's marriageable choices' faces ... so felt the need to soak up every minute of pain she could wring from his family and friends to feed her compulsion for that fleeting "ultimate gratification" she craved, as she so succinctly put it in her blog on May 10, 2008.

All of her life, she had been manipulating people to get her way. Normally on common ground with others in a free society, she could slip into any role, and create the narrative that brought her to where she wanted to be in their eyes. What she didn't realize with Det. Flores, was that no amount of role-playing could refute the physical evidence, and get her out of the box he had her in, and the box that she will now live in for the rest of her life.

I truly don't know. You'd think Mr. A would throw in a complaint about how much a storage facility was costing? But, again, IDK. I just thought it was interesting that JA's dad would go into this during his initial interview with LE. To me, it speaks volumes as to the family dynamics/frustrations BEFORE JA was officially hauled off. And it shows how much JA valued her worthless "crap." (Also, the dreamboard was, I think, at her G-parents' home? And the "tool shed" was at her parents'? But ... IDK, IDK.) :)

It sounds like from what Bill is saying the "storage room" is in AZ. He said "we paid all that money for it her stuff) to come here, and she's leaving it there"

JM's book now has a cover. :). Progress.

Other progress: BK will be posting TA's April texts sometime between this Friday and Monday. :) :)

I saw it on Facebook today. The sweetest part is that one of the pictures on it is the killer's Perryville mug shot. That will piss her off. The whole world will see the real Jodi Arias face sans much makeup and blonde hair. Her true self is being exposed. No head tilt, no smirky smile.

I don't think these people mean to be funny, but they're hilarious! Apart from the LMAO hilarity of Jodi begging for transportation out of state (poor thing, she's finding that Perryville cramps her style) and the LMAO hilarity that there must be a customized-to-Jodi appeals process in another state (when appeals are quite cookie cutter across the country, I imagine).....The twits don't know the POTUS doesn't read his own mail? That women who slaughter their ex-boyfriends are unlikely to give him warm and fuzzies? That he's a lawyer? With a Harvard JD? And clearly knew enough about law in third grade to perceive that Arizona can handle its appeals like the best of them?

Despite all that, the POTUS is gonna order Airforce 1 to swoop down into the Perryville yard, pluck up Jodi who is now much in the need of a change of scenery, and hand deliver her to another state after a personal tour of the White House, hopefully with her team of minions along for the ride? Oh....I forgot the 21 gun salute, the Hail to the Chief band, and the white-gloved Marine chaperone.....

That was the Unabomber scenario. It was an awful dilemma for his poor brother to make the decision to turn him in. Brave man.

It sounds like from what Bill is saying the "storage room" is in AZ. He said "we paid all that money for it her stuff) to come here, and she's leaving it there"

He was saying when Jodi got her stuff to Yreka (at great expense) she just left it in storage and didn't bother with it.

I actually think she was using that rental truck to haul something else, since she didn't own hardly anything. (Heck, if she needed more space than she had in her car, she could have just bought a rack and rocket box for a fraction of the price.) She purposely got into a fight with her mother so her mother wouldn't be nosing around that truck. Illegals? MJ bales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member