Bosma Murder Trial 01.18.16 - Jury selection process commences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The above poll is open with multiple choice selections.

Members and guests can now cast their vote on "What do you think the verdicts will be?"

As noted in the opening post, the poll will close just prior to the commencement of the trial and we won't have another poll until after the trial has ended.

Great idea ... time to stand up and be counted

I voted guilty for both

I also suspect the whole killing of Tim originated from deep within occult-fantasy-games & role-playing that morphed into the real thing.

Not much else would make sense .... minions of SAY10 with a pinch of drugs and truck . Background music by Death Metal and his Orchestra. Sprinkled with a topping of ashes.

I cant wait until Feb 1st when the crown presents the how and why. Last year a credible reporter said we will be stunned when the details are revealed.

Great idea ... time to stand up and be counted

I voted guilty for both

I also suspect the whole killing of Tim originated from deep within occult-fantasy-games & role-playing that morphed into the real thing.

Not much else would make sense .... minions of SAY10 with a pinch of drugs and truck . Background music by Death Metal and his Orchestra. Sprinkled with a topping of ashes.

I cant wait until Feb 1st when the crown presents the how and why. Last year a credible reporter said we will be stunned when the details are revealed.

I've always been struck by the element of fantasy, as in, what were you guys thinking when you believed your plan would work? But I credited it to too much online gaming and movies or drugs. It will be interesting to get some insight on how the plan to kill TB evolved and who was behind it.

Does anyone know what to make from this? Sorry I don't know how to post a link from my Twitter app so just a screenshot.

image.jpeg

Does anyone know what to make from this? Sorry I don't know how to post a link from my Twitter app so just a screenshot.

View attachment 87943

There will be some publication bans on some material to protect the integrity of the three subsequent trials (CN in the TB case, DM in the WM case, and DM and MS in the LB case) I expect...

...however the bans specific to the TB trial will be lifted and we will finally know the story behind that crime starting next week.

To post a tweet, use the filmstrip button to insert the url of the tweet, then hit preview, then hit post (if you don't preview first there is a glitch and the post doesn't show properly)

You can only post one tweet this way per posting, so a lot of people just cut and paste the tweets.

From the sounds of Susan clairmonts reply it sounds to me only certain bans from TBs case will be lifted. I thought there was just a PB not other bans. I'm just wondering if we really will hear what happened or if a lot will still be under ban? I'm 20 mins from the courthouse but wasn't planning on going but if things are still not being revealed, I may just go to hear for myself.

From the sounds of Susan clairmonts reply it sounds to me only certain bans from TBs case will be lifted. I thought there was just a PB not other bans. I'm just wondering if we really will hear what happened or if a lot will still be under ban? I'm 20 mins from the courthouse but wasn't planning on going but if things are still not being revealed, I may just go to hear for myself.

To clarify, there are multiple publication bans. E.g., there was also the gun trial to test if the three M's sold DM a gun. There is a publication ban there.

I think if you want to know everything that has gone down behind the scenes, you'll have to buy ABro's book.

It is probably a good idea to go down to the courthouse to get the details live. I plan on going at some point, I find it a better way to get the actual details as otherwise it can be subject to interpretation, which can sometime have a bias attached. IMO.

It is probably a good idea to go down to the courthouse to get the details live. I plan on going at some point, I find it a better way to get the actual details as otherwise it can be subject to interpretation, which can sometime have a bias attached. IMO.

I've always felt that going to see a court case that doesn't directly involve me is a form of rubbernecking so I've never gone. I've read speculation that the ban won't be lifted at all as in the case with Paul Bernardo to the other end of the spectrum that everything will be revealed. Guess we'll find out over the next 4-5 months.

I've always felt that going to see a court case that doesn't directly involve me is a form of rubbernecking so I've never gone. I've read speculation that the ban won't be lifted at all as in the case with Paul Bernardo to the other end of the spectrum that everything will be revealed. Guess we'll find out over the next 4-5 months.

I think it's my duty to witness such court cases if I have time. <modsnip> By witnessing the justice system in action we can learn and see so much, giving ourselves insight to the reality of how it works or how it doesn't work. <modsnip> but watching a public justice system in action to simply determine the actual facts of a case and how a courtroom deals with it, seems acceptable to me. Just my opinion of course, regardless of the ban I agree things will be revealed either during the trial or after at some point.

View attachment 87943

Below is a link to The Canadian Justice System and the Media if you're interested in reading. There is a section specific to PUBLICATION BANS and OTHER RESTRICTIONS on MEDIA COVERAGE which I found informative and helpful in understanding why a judge may impose a PB on certain information from being reported/published during court proceedings and trials. HTH and MOO.

For example and as Snooper suggested CN's trial: Publication bans based on inherent jurisdiction: Judges have the power to create and impose bans other than those provided by statute to deal with situations in which publication of evidence could prejudice the right to a fair trial or unduly invade privacy. One common example of this power in action is when persons accused of the same crime stand trial separately &#8211; a judge will often ban publication of information during the first trial that would tend to incriminate co-accused still awaiting trial. A similar approach may be taken when a person pleads guilty and is sentenced while one or more co-accused await trial.

Statutory publication bans: Some general observations can be made about statutory bans.
Openness demands that each one is specific and limited in scope. Few bans apply automatically,
so reporters are usually told when one is being imposed. In criminal trials, judges have the discretion not to impose certain bans if they are sought by the Crown, but have no choice if the defendant makes the request. Reporters are entitled to remain in the courtroom and can take notes for future use. This is an important right, since most (but not all) bans expire once charges are dismissed, a defendant pleads guilty, or a verdict is reached &#8211; once there is no longer a need to protect the defendant&#8217;s right to a fair trial.This frees the media to report evidence, legal arguments and other banned information vital to understanding how a case unfolded.

https://www.cjc-ccm.gc.ca/cmslib/general/news_pub_other_cjsm_en.pdf

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 52s53 seconds ago
Back in court this am for what could be final day of jury selection for #Bosma murder trial. 3 jurors left to be picked.

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 1h1 hour ago
Both sides of the defence don't have many challenges left, so it's likely we could see a jury picked today. #HamOnt #TimBosma

A fair bit of coughing and sniffling in the courtroom today. Millard's lawyer says he is also ill. #HamOnt #TimBosma

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 31m31 minutes ago
No jurors chosen yet, moving at a slower pace than last week now. May have spoken too soon about getting a jury. #HamOnt #TimBosma

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 27m27 minutes ago
Juror chosen - that makes 14, a full jury. Two alternates also needed. #HamOnt #TimBosma #sc

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 25m25 minutes ago
Jury is comprised of seven women and seven men. Now they'll continue with the same process and choose 2 alternates. #HamOnt #TimBosma #sc

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 14m14 minutes ago
Judge warns Dellen #Millard lawyer he only has one juror challenge left. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 11m11 minutes ago
An alternate is being sworn in. A woman. The #TimBosma jury is only one person away from being complete. @CHCHNews

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Another juror was just chosen. That makes 8 women and 7 men. One to go. Now heading to a recess. #HamOnt #TimBosma #sc

Both sides of the defence don't have many challenges left, so it's likely we could see a jury picked today. #HamOnt #TimBosma

A fair bit of coughing and sniffling in the courtroom today. Millard's lawyer says he is also ill. #HamOnt #TimBosma

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 31m31 minutes ago
No jurors chosen yet, moving at a slower pace than last week now. May have spoken too soon about getting a jury. #HamOnt #TimBosma

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 27m27 minutes ago
Juror chosen - that makes 14, a full jury. Two alternates also needed. #HamOnt #TimBosma #sc

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 25m25 minutes ago
Jury is comprised of seven women and seven men. Now they'll continue with the same process and choose 2 alternates. #HamOnt #TimBosma #sc

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 14m14 minutes ago
Judge warns Dellen #Millard lawyer he only has one juror challenge left. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 11m11 minutes ago
An alternate is being sworn in. A woman. The #TimBosma jury is only one person away from being complete. @CHCHNews

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Another juror was just chosen. That makes 8 women and 7 men. One to go. Now heading to a recess. #HamOnt #TimBosma #sc
Interesting to read the tweets coming from the the journalist attending the Jury Selection process. IMHO, its great to see that the process has been running so smoothly and that with only one left to go that a Jury may be in place today :) Hopefully the time between now and the commencement of the trial will be enough time for everyone to shake their bugs!! MOO

One more thing that would be publication banned right now and would not come out until the end of the trial - all the stuff from the preliminaries where they went over all the evidence and decided what was and was not admissible at trial. We won't find out what was excluded until it's all over.

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 59s60 seconds ago
Still looking for 16th and final #TimBosma juror. #Smich lawyer has one challenge left. #Millard lawyer none. @CHCHNews

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Last Bosma juror chosen. That's it - we've got a jury and two alternates. #HamOnt #TimBosma

molly hayesVerified account &#8207;@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Last juror, a man, being sworn in. He and the last pick are alternates. #Bosma jury selection is complete.

AM900 CHMLVerified account &#8207;@AM900CHML 2m2 minutes ago
Jury selection for #Bosma murder trial complete.. 8 men and 8 women picked to serve

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 41s41 seconds ago
Last juror has been chosen. #TimBosma jury is now complete. Evidence starts Feb 1. @CHCHNews

I wonder if the judge will give the tedious but necessary instructions to the jurors this week or wait until February 1st, also?

Ann Brocklehurst &#8207;@AnnB03 7h7 hours ago
Trial of Dellen Millard, Mark Smich for murder of Tim Bosma won't start discussing evidence until Feb. 1 even if jury picked today/earlier

I wonder if the judge will give the tedious but necessary instructions to the jurors this week or wait until February 1st, also?

Ann Brocklehurst &#8207;@AnnB03 7h7 hours ago
Trial of Dellen Millard, Mark Smich for murder of Tim Bosma won't start discussing evidence until Feb. 1 even if jury picked today/earlier

So long as he does his job of instructing as per any rules, I don't imagine it will matter when he does it. I hope the jurors are aware of their rights if something doesn't seem right to them.

[video=twitter;691720605733879808]https://twitter.com/AdamCarterCBC/status/691720605733879808[/video]

...an example of one of the many publication bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23