Bosma Murder Trial 02.01.16 - Day 1, Opening Statements

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 11s11 seconds ago
Crown says #Millard had #TimBosma's truck taken to shop to be painted, have decals removed.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 14s14 seconds ago
Fraser says #Millard had had a friend keep a locked toolbox. Then taken by #Smich after DM's arrest. Had gunshot residue inside...

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 44s45 seconds ago
Crown accuses #Smich of first trying to sell gun, then burying it in the woods. This came from MS's girlfriend. #Millard

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 21s21 seconds ago
Fraser says #Millard's girlfriend, Christina Noudga, charged as an accessory in 1 of his other cases, will testify here.

bbm red
:confused:

They will both be able to cross.
The trial is grouped as one because the charge is the same for both, based on the same evidence. (saves time, money, etc) But DM's attorney is working for him and him alone. As is MS's attorney.

the above twitter is from Susan Clairmont,...IMO excellent question...guess we will here when Crown is finished ..robynhood

Sounds like they both will be able to cross, as the poster above mentioned.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8m8 minutes ago
Sharlene is talking about the truck. Chuckles from court as she tries to describe it. "That'd be a Tim question," she says, smiling #Bosma
0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet
Like 1
More
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9m9 minutes ago
Sharlene sobbed describing the photo of Tim #Bosma from the "missing" posters. Tim was holding his brand-new nephew when pic taken.
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
Now photo of Tim's truck. Sharlene is weeping. #Bosma
1 retweet 2 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 2
More
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 11m11 minutes ago
Sharlene Bosma's voice trembling at photos of #TimBosma being shown in court. #HamOnt
1 retweet 0 likes
Reply Retweet 1
More
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11m11 minutes ago
On screens around courtroom, including one directly in front of each accused, showing a photo of Tim. #Bosma
1 retweet 3 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 3
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12m12 minutes ago
She says they were in a good place in May 2013. Biggest marriage issue was the truck--it kept breaking down and cost a fortune to fix #Bosma
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 12m12 minutes ago
Sharlene #Bosma said Tim had a strong personality "& the patience of a saint. Because he was married to me."
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13m13 minutes ago
"We were in a good place," Sharlene says of her life with Tim. #Bosma
1 retweet 3 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 3
More
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 13m13 minutes ago
"He had a very strong personality and the patience of a saint – because he was married to me.” Sharlene Bosma says. #HamOnt #TimBosma
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 13m13 minutes ago
She's keeping people laughing with anecdotes, but Sharlene #Bosma broke down in tears describing Tim as "a wonderful dad."
2 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet 2
Like 1
More
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15m15 minutes ago
"He was a wonderful father," says Sharlene of Tim. She is crying. #Bosma
2 retweets 4 likes
Reply Retweet 2
Like 4
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15m15 minutes ago
Sharlene breaks down crying talking about Tim and what he was like. "he was a wonderful father," she says through tears #Bosma
0 retweets 2 likes
Reply Retweet
Like 2
More
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 17m17 minutes ago
Giggles from #TimBosma family when Sharlene describes her late husband as "exceptionally skinny."
2 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet 2
Like 1
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18m18 minutes ago
Ancaster home was their dream, but $ was tight so they were planning to sell and buy in Brantford so Sharlene could stay home w kids #Bosma
0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet
Like 1
More
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 19m19 minutes ago
Sharlene and Tim had a border at the house, Wayne DeBoer.
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19m19 minutes ago
Talking about money at the time. It was tight, paycheque to paycheque. They built an apartment in the basement to take on a tenant. #Bosma
0 retweets 2 likes
Reply Retweet
Like 2
More
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 21m21 minutes ago
Sharlene Bosma says #TimBosma's family planned to sell their home and build another in Brantford so she could be a stay at home mom. #HamOnt
0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet
Like 1
More
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22m22 minutes ago
They hoped Sharlene could quit her job and stay home to raise their family. They wanted to have three more children. #Bosma
2 retweets 3 likes
Reply Retweet 2
Like 3
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24m24 minutes ago
Sharlene is going over layout of the house, vantage points of the road from diff parts of the property. #Bosma
0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet
Like 1
More
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 25m25 minutes ago
Leitch: "How far back from the road is the house?" Sharlene: "That's a Tim question."
2 retweets 5 likes

Reply Retweet 2
Like 5
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27m27 minutes ago
They were trying for a second and had gone to a fertility clinic just months before Tim went missing. #Bosma
0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet
Like 1

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 13s13 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma says on the night of his death, Tim said, 'who comes this late to look at a truck?' #TimBosma
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Crown now focusing Sharlene Bosma on Mon May 6, 2013, the last time she saw her husband alive. Was also Tim's mom's 60th birthday #TimBosma
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 6m6 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma says on the Sunday before his death, Tim was in good spirits. Washed and waxed the truck in hopes to sell it. #TimBosma

Did we already know the truck interior had been stripped, or was it speculation till now?

Poor guy. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think, we did know only about the car seats.

Now this is what I call heartbreaking:

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV now9 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene says Tim asked her, should I go with them? Sharlene said 'yes you should, we want to make sure the truck comes back' #TimBosma

Sharlene says Tim asked her, should I go with them? Sharlene said 'yes you should, we want to make sure the truck comes back' #TimBosma

Right? I hope she does not blame herself one bit.

Speaking only for myself, this is not something I would be able to come back from psychologically. She's clearly much stronger than I am.

SIGH..Planning to get pregnant with their 2nd child ...sharlene said....IMO my heart goes out to that lady...JMHO sharlene is so strong but must be so hard on that court stand ( right now)she lost her husband ...I just met someone at the gas station who knew Tim & Sharlene Bosma ....His family lives right across the road ,,,he said he did not realize the trial was starting today...commented that Tim Bosma was exactly like the Papers stated a Down to earth amazing man..robynhood...:thinking:

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma: I need a minute. Pauses to gather herself.
Tweets & replies Photos & videos
View 1 new Tweet
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
On the night of his death #TimBosma cuddled with his daughter on the couch, before she went to bed around 830p

There are currently 82 users browsing this thread. (31 members and 51 guests)

View 1 new Tweet
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
On the night of his death #TimBosma cuddled with his daughter on the couch, before she went to bed around 830p

I think we all need a moment to gather ourselves after that one. Heart broken!

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
They talk briefly. Tim said they could've parked in driveway. The guys say they got dropped off by a friend who went to Tim Hortons. #Bosma
0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet
Like 1
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
When they got to garage she figured these were the guys they'd been waiting for. Couldn't see any cars parked out on the road. #Bosma
0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet
Like 1
More
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Just after 9, Tim's phone rang. Then voices and footsteps coming down the driveway. She stepped out of garage and sees two men.
1 retweet 0 likes
Reply Retweet 1
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Then Tim got a call. She and tenant, Wayne, heard voices and footsteps come down the drive. Seemed odd, walkers, bc they're out in country
0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet
Like 1
More
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
#TimBosma asked his wife if he should go with the guys to test truck. She said yes, "because we want the the truck to come back."
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
Their basement tenant was also quitting and they would have their daily smoke together. So at 9pm they went out to the garage
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
Sharlene was quitting smoking at this time. Had a deal that she'd have one a day, at night after daughter went to bed.
0 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet
Like 1
More
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
She responded: "I said ‘yes you should, because we want the truck to come back.’” #TimBosma #HamOnt

View 1 new Tweet
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More

Heartbreaking....

This and the frustration Tim had with them coming so late, like who comes to see a truck so late... Do you think he was gettng vibes from DM on the phone? Like not thinking they might kill me, but just weird energy vibes???

I am very attuned to my feelings and energies and as soon as I saw that he was questioning the time thy were coming and if he should go with them,it tells me poor Tim thought something was not 100% right...

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5s5 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma describes 'cellphone guy' as taller than Tim, about 6'1, medium build, white skin, brown hair, scruffy beard #TimBosma
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma recalls the man interested in buying her husband's truck as 'the cellphone guy' she didn't get any names. #TimBosma
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma recalls final moments she saw her husband alive, on their driveway with 2 men. Unusual she says because the men were on foot

This and the frustration Tim had with them coming so late, like who comes to see a truck so late... Do you think he was gettng vibes from DM on the phone? Like not thinking they might kill me, but just weird energy vibes???

I am very attuned to my feelings and energies and as soon as I saw that he was questioning the time thy were coming and if he should go with them,it tells me poor Tim thought something was not 100% right...

I agree with you 100% on this. I learned to trust my instincts years ago. They say that humans are the only animal that ignores their instincts.

Via Adam Carter's liveblog:

He had a big smile on his face and he just said they were going to go on a short test drive and they’d be right back.” Sharlene says about her husband. Then they got in the truck and went very slowly up the driveway.

Edit: misread this, based on earlier quote it's hard to know who is smiling:

Feb 1 2016 3:10 PM The second man was farther away, she says, a couple feet farther away from her. He was shorter, about 5'10 or so. He was shorter than Tim. He was wearing blue jeans and a large red hooded sweater with the hood up. It was hard to tell his build under the sweater, she says.

"He seemed sketchy. He just kind of hung off to the back and wouldn't look at us." Sharlene said about the second man.
Adam Carter

(Read in order it sounds like the smiling person is DM, but the wording is ambiguous.)

I am sure Tim thought it was odd,,,,as Sharlene just said on the stand " who comes to look @ a truck so late in the country ...and is dropped off on their driveway......something was just posted that on the phone ( I think Dellen said we were dropped off ..a friend just went to tim Horton's for a coffee( check back on there....this thread after trial is over...time now 3;14<<<use as a marker was just said I think 30 mins ago by sharlene as she is retelling that night of test drive)...robynhood...(Y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaV