Bosma Murder Trial 02.01.16 - Day 1, Opening Statements

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are currently 88 users browsing this thread. (29 members and 59 guests)

My stomach is churning already and we're only on Day 1 :( I'm curious to see how many of the DM supporters are able to handle more than one day of this. IMHO, they may not have been too prepared for what they're hearing. MOO

I have been reading Websleuth since 2013, and I am sad to say that based on what I have read here over the years, I am not surprised at the gruesome details, and ruthless pre-meditated behaviour that has been disclosed so far in testimony, but it still gives me a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, when I think of Tim, Sharlene, the rest of the Bosma family, and close friends. Please remember to pray for them every morning at 10:00 a.m. as Sharlene requested.

I can't help but wonder if DM and MS were looking for a smaller built man, someone they could take power over. Maybe that is why they passed up on the others, maybe they were of bigger build.

I also thought it - until now, when I heard Tim was shot.

DM living up to SB's quote it seems, then and now. Disgusting. MOO.

"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away."

I can't help but wonder if DM and MS were looking for a smaller built man, someone they could take power over. Maybe that is why they passed up on the others, maybe they were of bigger build.

I thought that was something that was brought up with the other man who went on a test drive. Was he not of a larger stature? For some reason, that is sticking out to me but I could be wrong.

I have been reading Websleuth since 2013, and I am sad to say that based on what I have read here over the years, I am not surprised at the gruesome details, and ruthless pre-meditated behaviour that has been disclosed so far in testimony, but it still gives me a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, when I think of Tim, Sharlene, the rest of the Bosma family, and close friends. Please remember to pray for them every morning at 10:00 a.m. as Sharlene requested.

I've been reading about true crime forever, so I know what you mean; there's just something about this one that is super chilling, and I'm sure I've spent more time on this case with this WS account than any other. I think part of it is that it was so mundane in ways (it was JUST A TRUCK), but quickly turned into this horror show involving multiple murders and a freaking animal incinerator. It just got worse and worse and worse, and Tim really seems to have been the super-nice guy next door.

I mean, my God, I've watched my boyfriend drive off with someone to whom he was selling an old car via Craigslist. (BEFORE this case.) This one has the 'could happen to anyone' thing in spades.

Hard to think about, but it has been pointed out before on this site that they were likely also looking for someone slim enough to fit into the incinerator. The other man that went for a test drive was a very large man. Dellen Millard's girlfriend who went missing, has never been found, and LE consider murdered by DM and MS also had a slim build.

That was another one of my thoughts that was cleared up today. I had formulated the opinion that whoever was in the back seat had asphyxiated Tim from behind. And that the gentleman they had gone on a test drive with earlier was too big to kill without risk so they moved on.

I can't immediately find a link to prove it, but I could swear there was an actual LE quote referring to the "Etobicoke man" (the unnamed guy who went on a test drive with them but survived) as being a "very large man". I'm pretty confident we didn't invent that one out of thin air.

I can't immediately find a link to prove it, but I could swear there was an actual LE quote referring to the "Etobicoke man" (the unnamed guy who went on a test drive with them but survived) as being a "very large man". I'm pretty confident we didn't invent that one out of thin air.

You didn't imagine it - this quote is from Kavanagh in regards to the Etobicoke seller:

"Fortunately for this person, he's a very large individual. I think he would have overpowered the both of them. I think that was his advantage."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/toronto-man-arrested-in-tim-bosma-disappearance-1.1323652

Maybe I missed it, was it clarified whether the surveillance was from within the hangar or on the outside of the hangar? TIA.
MOO.

I thought that was something that was brought up with the other man who went on a test drive. Was he not of a larger stature? For some reason, that is sticking out to me but I could be wrong.

He was the Really Big Etobicoke Man (RBEM, as described by LE), and I expect he'll testify soon?

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 18s18 seconds ago
Leitch getting into more details about precise location, layout and size of the #Bosma home in Ancaster. Setting parameters to use later.

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 37s37 seconds ago
Despite the testimony against #DellenMillard he still continues to smile and make eyes at two law students in court. #TimBosma @CTVNews

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 1m1 minute ago
Despite the testimony against #DellenMillard he still continues to smile and make eyes at two law students in court. #TimBosma @CTVNews

Hard to think about, but it has been pointed out before on this site that they were likely also looking for someone slim enough to fit into the incinerator. The other man that went for a test drive was a very large man. Dellen Millard's girlfriend who went missing, has never been found, and LE consider murdered by DM and MS also had a slim build.

And just as heads-up for those new to this case or who may have forgotten: the girlfriend in question was Laura Babcock (she has her own threads), and she went missing in June 2012, about a month before Dellen Millard decided, coincidentally enough, to buy a large animal incinerator. In November 2012, DM's father apparently killed himself (it has now been ruled a homicide). And in May 2013, Tim Bosma was murdered and incinerated in that incinerator DM bought in July 2012.

Cross examination by DM lawyer starting. Co accused's lawyer no cross. Sharlene is stepping down.
Wayne the downstairs neighbor up now.

Jacques Gallant ‏@JacquesGallant 5s5 seconds ago
Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay cross-examining Sharlene Bosma.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 11s11 seconds ago
Pillay retracing over Sharlene #Bosma's descriptions of the two men who came to test drive the truck. #MillardSmich

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6s6 seconds ago
He asks her about her descriptions of the two men, where they stood, their positions.

Jacques Gallant ‏@JacquesGallant 13s13 seconds ago
Pillay: "You weren't paying direct attention with what was going on, correct?" Sharlene says she was talking with her tenant.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s36 seconds ago
He asks her about the examination of the truck, and whether she remembers details. She does not. That's it for him. No questions from Dungey

Maybe I missed it, was it clarified whether the surveillance was from within the hangar or on the outside of the hangar? TIA.
MOO.

Adam Carter
Feb 1 2016 12:35 PM
The Crown also says a DVR was found inside Noudga's bedroom. It was from the airplane hangar, Fraser says, and shows Millard and Smich in the hangar around 1:30 a.m. on May 7, 2013 -- when the Crown says Bosma's body was burned.

His tweet doesn't clarify. I was wondering that too. Maybe someone else tweeted it differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper