Bosma Murder Trial 02.01.16 - Day 1, Opening Statements

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And just as heads-up for those new to this case or who may have forgotten: the girlfriend in question was Laura Babcock (she has her own threads), and she went missing in June 2012, about a month before Dellen Millard decided, coincidentally enough, to buy a large animal incinerator. In November 2012, DM's father apparently killed himself (it has now been ruled a homicide). And in May 2013, Tim Bosma was murdered and incinerated in that incinerator DM bought in July 2012.

Actually LE believe she was murdered July 3, 2012, and the incinerator was purchased early July from what I recall. MOO.

Lots of ambiguity in the Crowns presentation today, which is to be expected as they put their allegations out there.

All phones turned off at same time !

Still no sign of this mystery driver/passengers that allegedly dropped of the test drivers.

Not too surprise that SB can identify the accused.. for various reasons.

I don't see any problem with someone smiling especially if recognizing friends/family in courtroom. Laughter or making people laugh doesn't seem to be something he is guilty of, so I am presuming it is a smile to greet people he knows. JMO

Seems to be a fear factor looming, I guess tomorrow will shed more light on the undercurrents of this case.

Thanks for all the updates/tweets. :smiliescale:

All MOO

Actually LE believe she was murdered July 3, 2012, and the incinerator was purchased early July from what I recall. MOO.

Ah, I'm still going on her 'last seen' date, which I thought was towards the end of June. (If I ever knew the suspected murder date, I forgot it.) I thought I remembered the incinerator being purchased a bit later in July, but either way the timing is all pretty obvious.

Read from bottom up.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 48s48 seconds ago
Sharlene #Bosma is done her testimony. Former tenant up next on stand. He was there w Sharlene when #TimBosma went for fateful test drive.
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Cross done. Pillay asked if she saw Smich with backpack. She says no. Few other quick questions. Smich lawyer has no questions for Sharlene.
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sharlene #Bosma is done on the stand. Next witness to be called is the Bosmas' basement tenant, Wayne De Boer.
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
He asks her about the examination of the truck, and whether she remembers details. She does not. That's it for him. No questions from Dungey
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
He asks her about her descriptions of the two men, where they stood, their positions.
1 retweet 2 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 2
More
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Sharlene now being cross examined by Millard lawyer Ravin Pillay. #Bosma
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay now cross examining Sharlene Bosma. #HamOnt #TimBosma
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
#Millard lawyer Ravin Pillay now cross-examining Sharlene #Bosma
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Ravin Pillay, lawyer for Millard, now cross-examining Sharlene Bosma. #Bosma
1 retweet 3 likes
Reply Retweet 1
Like 3
More
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Sharlene Bosma now back in the witness box.

Um, DM fingerprints, DM/MS video evidence, witness testimony, photographs of truck at hangar, DNA evidence....doesn't sound like ambiguity to me.

The things being described about Millard's behaviour are making me sick and very angry.

JMO

I'm totally s-h-o-c-k-e-d of the behavior before arrest - for me it doesn't matter if he is smiling in court or smirking or scribbeling or looking at someone. He has a mentally damage it seems.

Ah, I'm still going on her 'last seen' date, which I thought was towards the end of June. (If I ever knew the suspected murder date, I forgot it.) I thought I remembered the incinerator being purchased a bit later in July, but either way the timing is all pretty obvious.

Her cell phone records show calls to DM IIRC on July 3, 2012.

Hard to think about, but it has been pointed out before on this site that they were likely also looking for someone slim enough to fit into the incinerator. The other man that went for a test drive was a very large man. Dellen Millard's girlfriend who went missing, has never been found, and LE consider murdered by DM and MS also had a slim build.

I only recently began following this case. I had no idea about the part I bolded above. When did this happen? Is there a thread? Sorry to ask. I can do my own research when I get home... but while we're on break....

I thought that was something that was brought up with the other man who went on a test drive. Was he not of a larger stature? For some reason, that is sticking out to me but I could be wrong.

I thought it might have been that Tim was located in a rural setting, less eyes traffic cams etc...

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Now Wayne De Boer on stand. He was Tim and Sharlene's tenant. #Bosma

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Wayne says he and the #Bosma s started as a "landlord/tenant relationship," but they grew into close friends. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Wayne says he and Sharlene #Bosma had a pact to help each other quit smoking. Were cutting down together.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 47s47 seconds ago
Wayne DeBoer says he helped Tim #Bosma do small work on the truck he was trying to sell. Assisted with stone chips, etc.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 8s8 seconds ago
Wayne says #TimBosma told him someone was coming from Etobicoke to see his truck, but didn't have details about the person. #HamOnt

I'm relieved that the defense did not go hard at SB. It seems the prosecution has enough evidence to work with that a definitive I.D. of DM and MS isn't needed from her, but the defense really could have made it a more long and drawn out process. Nothing to gain from that I guess. She did her job and can now join her family.

I only recently began following this case. I had no idea about the part I bolded above. When did this happen? Is there a thread? Sorry to ask. I can do my own research when I get home... but while we're on break....

Never mind... found it!

I won't be posting Shannon's tweets as it appears she isn't tweeting anymore. Maybe she didn't get back into the courtroom. I would imagine it's a dog eat dog world getting into the courtroom. For breaks, everyone has to leave the courtroom and get back into a line up. And there is no way to hold your spot. MOO.

Adam Carter
Feb 1 2016 12:35 PM
The Crown also says a DVR was found inside Noudga's bedroom. It was from the airplane hangar, Fraser says, and shows Millard and Smich in the hangar around 1:30 a.m. on May 7, 2013 -- when the Crown says Bosma's body was burned.

His tweet doesn't clarify. I was wondering that too. Maybe someone else tweeted it differently?
<bbm>

an earlier tweet said:

Mark Carcasole &#8207;@MarkCarcGlobal 24s25 seconds ago
Fraser says surveillance video outside MillardAir hangar in Waterloo shows #TimBosma's truck towing the cremator allegedly used on him.

I'm thinking we have two different video recordings ... one being the DVR DM gave to CN, showing "in the hangar"; then surveillance video "outside MillardAir hangar" (possibly being surveillance from other airport sources outside the hangar that DM would not have had access to).

Read from bottom up.

(snipped)

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Cross done. Pillay asked if she saw Smich with backpack. She says no. Few other quick questions. Smich lawyer has no questions for Sharlene.
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More

(snipped)

I wonder if by asking if she saw Smich with a backpack on, he was hoping to establish that perhaps Smich is the one that had/brought the weapon.

Mark Carcasole &#8207;@MarkCarcGlobal 19s19 seconds ago
May 6, 2013 started as a normal day for DeBoer. Got ready for workin Cambridge, asked by Sharlene #Bosma to pick up some things for dinner.

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Remembers getting home around 6:10 w the beer. Tim's friend was by, picking up a snowmobile. Made dinner. Had a smoke. Uneventful. #Bosma

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Watched the hockey game, came up around 9 for one last smoke w Sharlene. Met in the garage bay. #Bosma

Mark Carcasole &#8207;@MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
DeBoer says #TimBosma was helping a friend load their snow online into a trailer, then began cleaning truck. Figured someone was coming.

Sharlene says the guys hadn't come yet (to see truck). Then she heard Tim's phone ring. They could hear Tim's voice on the phone inside.

Then they heard a voice coming down the gravel driveway. Looked out of the garage, saw two men coming down toward house.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 53s54 seconds ago
Wayne could hear voices approaching down the driveway at the #Bosma house. Sees two men walking. One man just ending a phone call.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 28s29 seconds ago
At same time, Tim comes out of house, also ending a phone call. Tim greets the two men. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 18m18 minutes ago
Sharlene now being cross examined by Millard lawyer Ravin Pillay. #Bosma
2 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet 2
Like 1
More
Adam Carter &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 19m19 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay now cross examining Sharlene Bosma. #HamOnt #TimBosma
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 19m19 minutes ago
#Millard lawyer Ravin Pillay now cross-examining Sharlene #Bosma
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More
molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 19m19 minutes ago
Ravin Pillay, lawyer for Millard, now cross-examining Sharlene Bosma.

I wonder if by asking if she saw Smich with a backpack on, he was hoping to establish that perhaps Smich is the one that had/brought the weapon.

That's exactly what DM lawyer is going to do. I've been waiting years to watch these losers turn on each other and start pointing the fingers. Looks like it's gonna happen sooner than later.

Um, DM fingerprints, DM/MS video evidence, witness testimony, photographs of truck at hangar, DNA evidence....doesn't sound like ambiguity to me.

Regarding DM's fingerprints, it was posted earlier in this thread that Tim had washed and waxed the truck the day before (I think) in hopes of selling it. I bet that made it nice and easy for police to isolate DM's prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70