Bosma Murder Trial 02.01.16 - Day 1, Opening Statements

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 8s8 seconds ago
DeBoers describes taller man driving pickup awkwardly as they leave. Cut turn off of driveway as if he wasn't used to diving it.

Well we know he was used to driving large Dodge Ram pick ups, so why did he "cut the turn" off the driveway? And what does the tenant mean by that?

Was he feeling nervous and jumpy because he knew exactly what was about to happen next?

Feb 1 2016 4:35 PM
We're now finishing up for the day. The downstairs neighbour will continue tomorrow at 1 p.m. That's when the trial starts tomorrow because of a medical issue with the accused.

Adam Carter

Wonder what that's all about it and which accused.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 8s8 seconds ago
DeBoers describes taller man driving pickup awkwardly as they leave. Cut turn off of driveway as if he wasn't used to diving it.

Well we know he was used to driving large Dodge Ram pick ups, so why did he "cut the turn" off the driveway? And what does the tenant mean by that?

I would interpret that to mean he didn't turn wide enough onto the road and cut across the shoulder a bit too much. Think of it this way...if you cut a turn short while turning a corner in the city, you'd run your front left tire into the concrete median.

I'm totally s-h-o-c-k-e-d of the behavior before arrest - for me it doesn't matter if he is smiling in court or smirking or scribbeling or looking at someone. He has a mentally damage it seems.

For me smiling at family/friends isn't a big deal JMO . He may be taking notes which is actually a good idea, as he can relay anything he notices to his lawyer. I personally see no mental issues. All MOO

I don't believe a backpack would be necessary to conceal a weapon. Guns are not that big. JMO

Besides, we have no idea where the mystery dropper offer(s) are at this point. All MOO

I actually think the backpack question is extremely interesting FWIW

Also the boarder claims MS hair is shorter than the taller guy, but he kept his hood up the whole time ???
BBM - Could you provide the tweet where you got this information from? I don't recall that he described MS's hair, only DM's.

Was he feeling nervous and jumpy because he knew exactly what was about to happen next?

Or maybe a country home and driveway means that he didnt feel the need to exit with perfect precision. JMO

We're now finishing up for the day. The downstairs neighbour will continue tomorrow at 1 p.m. That's when the trial starts tomorrow because of a medical issue with the accused.

Adam Carter

Oh geez...which one?

BBM - Could you provide the tweet where you got this information from? I don't recall that he described MS's hair, only DM's.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-live-court-feb1-1.3426062

Feb 1 2016 4:25 PM
''Wayne says second man had a darker hair, and shorter than the first man. He also had stubble from a couple of days without shaving.''

Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn

Adam Carter

''Feb 1 2016 4:24 PM
He describes the second man as about 5'9, in a red hooded sweater, kept his hands in the front pocket, and kept the hood up the entire time.''

Just some thoughts about the blood evidence found in/under the truck (and apologies in advance for how awful this all is)...

If DM was in the driver's seat when he shot Tim and it blew out the passenger side window, there is NO way they were going to drive all the way back to the hangar in Waterloo with Tim in the front passenger seat. The most likely scenario is, they (DM and MS) got out, put Tim in the back, laying down on the seat so as not to be seen, and headed to Waterloo. That would explain the evidence of gunshot residue in the FRONT of the truck, but there also being blood evidence in the back of the truck. As for Tim's blood being on the undercarriage of the truck, I can only imagine it was very messy by the time they got to the hangar and the blood had likely already begun to seep between the door and the frame - making it's way to the underside as well.

I know they haven't been convicted yet, so it's all "alleged" this and "alleged" that, even the news/talk radio dude today on am980 was all "we don't really know who did this" and I'm screaming in my van "are you seriously THAT dumb?!" :gaah: Ugh. There is no question in my mind, none whatsoever the correct parties are being tried for this crime.

Of course, this is entirely moo, based on what would seem to be so much more evidence than most cases ever have. There. Just had to vent a little.

Adam Carter

Did he choke on his arrogance while being lead out of the courtroom?

Adam Carter

Medical issue with the accused? Grinning disease?

''Wayne says second man had a darker hair, and shorter than the first man. He also had stubble from a couple of days without shaving.''

Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn

Adam Carter

He describes the second man as about 5'9, in a red hooded sweater, kept his hands in the front pocket, and kept the hood up the entire time.''

JMO, when someone has a hood on, sometimes you can still see some of their hair at the front (unless there were drawstrings pulled tight). Obviously I wasn't there so I can't comment if this was the case or not.

I think the the "shorter than the first man" part may have been referring to their height. Hard to tell with tweets sometimes.

Does anyone know if jurors will have access to transcripts?

Very curious anyone know who had the " medical Issue"...? extremely curious as I am sure you all are too...robynhood

Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn

Adam Carter

It seems possible to me that the hood could be up, yet some of the front hair be visible ~ also possible that the tweet about 'shorter than the first man' may have been awkwardly worded, and actually referring to the second man's height, rather than hair length - as other sources have reported that the witness testified that the second man was not as tall as the first.

Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn

Adam Carter

BBM - I think he was saying he has darker hair (from what he could see under the hoodie), but was shorter (in height) than DM. It's difficult to interpret thanks to the 140 character limit. No one else tweeted that Wayne described MS's hair length, from what I have seen. Either way, it doesn't matter because it's a fact that both DM and MS were the ones that showed up to look at the truck that night.

Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn

Adam Carter

I think the "shorter than the first man" quite possibly refers to stature rather than hair length. Don't think it will make much difference given they are apparently both on video dealing with Tim's truck.

You beat me to it, Hez (and everybody else it seems).

..I amrepeating my POST again.......that I made during the trial...I was extremely anxious to get home when I left just before the court broke for LUNCH....I was filling up with gas...and commented about hurrying up to get home Tim Bosma trial is on and his wife Sharlene is going on the witness stand... Guy beside @ Gas station says to .... " Oh wow I know them extremely well. My family Lives RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from them. I said he seems like he was such a lovely Man....Tim bosma...? The Guy beside me said " Yes an extremely awesome family.Tim Bosma is EXACTLY LIKE the papers have written....and Sharlene is awesome too...he commented " Can you just IMAGINE how horrible this is for us all"...I must go home and see this all on the Hamilton news....tonight. ....... we live no where near Ancaster....But everyone has been extremely TOUCHED by this case in Ontario.....I feel that this could have happened to ANYONE....selling a Truck on Kiji....so very common today....My gut is turning when I read Sharlene's words from the court room....such an upsetting case ...robyhood.:(

Originally Posted by FromGermany View Post
I'm totally s-h-o-c-k-e-d of the behavior before arrest - for me it doesn't matter if he is smiling in court or smirking or scribbeling or looking at someone. He has a mentally damage it seems.

For me smiling at family/friends isn't a big deal JMO . He may be taking notes which is actually a good idea, as he can relay anything he notices to his lawyer. I personally see no mental issues. All MOO

Please read only the bolded parts. :)

I can't understand why he and MS allegly did such an unnecessary and vile crime for a simple used truck. Don't ask me, what I would have expected ...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB