Bosma Murder Trial 02.02.16 - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smich's lawyer kind of implied that neither of the accused were there with the intention of purchasing the truck.

[video=twitter;694593870470844416]https://twitter.com/MarkCarcGlobal/status/694593870470844416[/video]

Exactly. DM, after all, purchased a gun, owned the incinerator, sent the message to stay away from hanger, parked the truck/trailer at his mom's, had DVR at his girlfriend's, toolbox with his friend etc. Must be a great friend to do all this stuff for MS, eh?

"It's the most reliable way to identify someone - even more so than DNA," Felske says.
by Adam Carter 3:02 PM

"Friction ridges" on your fingerprints can change with deep cuts and scars. Certain diseases can change them as well.
by Adam Carter 3:01 PM

There are 3 major categories of fingerprint patterns: arches, loops and a whorl. You can likely see them on your own fingers. "Every fingerprint is different," Felske says. Even identical twins don't have exactly the same fingerprints.
by Adam Carter 3:00 PM

I have to wonder if the Defense is setting things up for a variation on the Affluenza plea. Millard's in-court sociopathic behavior certainly displays it. "medical appointments" don't necessarily need to be done for physical issues, or requested by the Prosecution.

I have to wonder if the Defense is setting things up for a variation on the Affluenza plea. Millard's in-court sociopathic behavior certainly displays it. "medical appointments" don't necessarily need to be done for physical issues, or requested by the Prosecution.

I thought about that too. Hopefully, it won't fly as these guys are 30ish - not 16.

Better fingerprint impressions are left on smooth, clean surfaces like the hood of a car rather than the rippled texture of a dashboard, Felske says. Dirt can affect things too.
by Adam Carter 3:05 PM

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Felske now going through the complex ways and factors that go into the science of fingerprinting. #HamOnt #TimBosma

(Can't see Affluenza working, but I understand the fear. Just not sure how that'll fly: "He was rich so he didn't know serial killing was wrong". But then again, I don't think anyone knows how it worked for Ethan Couch.)

Thanks so much for those posting the tweets - it's so much cleaner to follow them here than twitter.

As for Sharlene staring him RIGHT BACK DOWN, good for her! That woman has a determination of steel. Although I bet she really wanted to rip his face completely off. I know I do.

(Things are quiet, I suspect they must be down a rabbithole of finger-print science, it's making me tired just thinking about it.)

Thanks so much for those posting the tweets - it's so much cleaner to follow them here than twitter.

As for Sharlene staring him RIGHT BACK DOWN, good for her! That woman has a determination of steel. Although I bet she really wanted to rip his face completely off. I know I do.

I don't know where people find the strength to sit there in the room with the accused. Especially the cases when a young child was involved.

I'll take over with Mark Carcasole's Tweets - to catch up:

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Falske says movement after contact with a surface can also distort a fingerprint. #MillardSmich

CORRECTION: Falske says TOO MUCH pressure can distort a fingerprint. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 4m4 minutes ago
Falske discusses "matrix." Usually sweat and oil. Could be blood. The substance left in the surface, creating a fingerprint. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 8m8 minutes ago
Crown will likely use that line when it comes time to discuss finding of accused's fingerprints in #TimBosma's truck. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 8m8 minutes ago
Falske calls fingerprinting "the most reliable way to identify someone. Even more so than DNA." #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 9m9 minutes ago
I have a loop pattern...

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 9m9 minutes ago
Falske now discussing different types of fingerprints. Arches, loops and swirls. Ppl in courtroom now looking at their fingers.#MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 12m12 minutes ago
Falske explains fingerprints are unique, and don't change as you age. Making them ideal for identification. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 12m12 minutes ago
PP presentation says Falske has compared over 35,000 fingerprints, identifying 211 individual impressions. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 14m14 minutes ago
Falske has brought a PowerPoint presentation to court to explain the process of gathering and examining fingerprints at crime scenes.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 16m16 minutes ago
Crown now going over Falske's CV to explain what makes him an expert. Forensic identification course, etc. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 17m17 minutes ago
Falske qualified by court as an "expert" witness in fingerprinting, forensics. He has been with @HaltonPolice for ~17 years. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 19m19 minutes ago
Next witness: Officer Rob Falske. #MillardSmich

(Things are quiet, I suspect they must be down a rabbithole of finger-print science, it's making me tired just thinking about it.)

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of days that are less than "edge of our seats"

Now the crown is showing thumb prints from Dellen Millard when he was fingerprinted.
by Adam Carter 3:17 PM

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 10s10 seconds ago
Court now seeing right thumb print taken by @HamiltonPolice from Dellen #Millard. Simply showing the diff between rolled print & direct.

Halton police examined Bosma's truck, and Felske examined the rearview mirror. A fingerprint was found on the mirror.
by Adam Carter 3:22 PM

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 27s27 seconds ago
Court now seeing pictures of ext & int of #TimBosma's truck taken by @HaltonPolice after recovery. Interior looks stripped as Crown suggestd

Superglue and a dye stain was used to examine the print.
by Adam Carter 3:25 PM

“A rearview mirror is something people touch without even looking at it," Felske says.
by Adam Carter 3:24 PM

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 32s32 seconds ago
Falske now discussing process of developing the print. Due used to make it more visible. #MillardSmich

Officer Falske now focusing on fingerprint found on rear view mirror. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 47s48 seconds ago
Falske suggests oval shape of print left on #TimBosma truck's rear view mirror suggests it's a thumb print. Right thumb. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 21s22 seconds ago
Court now seeing full run of Dellen #Millard's fingerprints from Aug 2013. #MillardSmich

Establishing that DM was in Tim's truck in the driver seat. First thing he likely did before pulling out of the driveway was adjust the rear view mirror. Will be interesting to see if they found a MS fingerprint on the mirror as well. Not to say that MS may have driven Tim's truck without adjusting the mirror...

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 21s21 seconds ago
Felske, not Falske. Apologies. #MillardSmich

Falske says he compared notable points on the thumbprint in #TimBosma's truck to Dellen #Millard's, and found they matched his right thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member