Bosma Murder Trial 02.02.16 - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense. That probably establishes Millard as the driver. Usually the first thing you do when you drive a vehicle that isn't yours is reach up and adjust the rearview mirror with your right hand. It is a habit everyone has and as suggested does it without even realizing its been done..

There are 28 points of comparison, he says.
by Adam Carter 3:33 PM

Felske says that Millard's thumb print matches the thumb print on the rearview mirror of the truck.
by Adam Carter 3:32 PM

The Crown is now showing Millard's thumbprint side by side on screen with the print found on the mirror.
by Adam Carter 3:32 PM

The jury is now being shown Millard's fingerprints.
by Adam Carter 3:30 PM

The oval shape of the print made Felske think it was a thumb - plus, that's the digit that would usually make contact with a mirror.
by Adam Carter 3:28 PM

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 33s33 seconds ago
Coloured lines sketched on images of truck print and #Millard's taken thumbprint, tracing specific ridges, match. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 23s23 seconds ago
Felske says layout of ridges on thumbprint in #TimBosma's truck suggest a "lateral motion." Explain slight difference police print. #Millard

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 29s30 seconds ago
Pillay suggests print would logically put #Millard in driver seat of #TimBosma's truck, adjusting mirror with right hand. Felske agrees.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Crown completes its examination of Officer Felske. Defence will now begin cross examination, starting with #Millard's lawyer, Ravin Pillay.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
Felske says his findings were hen forwarded to another, higher ranking officer for verification. Link to #TimBosma was put forward. #Millard

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 14s15 seconds ago
Felske says it would suggest a right to left or reverse "wobble" of mirror. #MillardSmich. Pillay completes cross examination.

Jury is now being excused, that's all the witnesses we have for today. I won't be able to update anything with the jury out of the courtroom.
by Adam Carter 3:47 PM

Pillay just went over the movement aspect and the distortion on the print from his testimony.
by Adam Carter 3:45 PM

Pillay now done. No cross examination from Dungey, Smich's lawyer.
by Adam Carter 3:45 PM

“The print is distorted in a manner because of the movement of a finger," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 3:44 PM

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 48s48 seconds ago
#Smich lawyer has no questions for Felske. He's the last witness of the day. #MillardSmich trial day 2 adjourned.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 14s15 seconds ago
Felske says it would suggest a right to left or reverse "wobble" of mirror. #MillardSmich. Pillay completes cross examination.
Is it just me, or does Pillay appear to be cross examining just for clarification of the obvious things that are pointing to his clients guilt? Am I missing something? MOO

Also knowing what I know about a .380 caliber gun its very easy for it to be concealed by the driver. It has very little kick back to it and being he is a man was likely shot with one hand. It could have been done while moving. It is small enough that isn't much bigger than a hand. Tim likely didn't even see it coming that is how small it is. Shooting with one hand is not the most accurate, which would like explain the shattered window. He likely unloaded the clip to ensure the job was done. Being a smaller gun though it is fairly loud. It would've rang their ears pretty good inside a small area like a truck. It is actually the gun in USA that is recommended for women for self defense due to its light weight, ability to fit in the purse and very little recoil.

I think what he's trying to setup is that DM was concentrating on being the driver, how could he do anything else :facepalm:

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 29s30 seconds ago
Pillay suggests print would logically put #Millard in driver seat of #TimBosma's truck, adjusting mirror with right hand. Felske agrees.

I'm not sure if I should be, but I am surprised at how little cross-examination there has been. I know there is not much to dispute with your client's print on the mirror...but what is the thought process behind confirming that the finger print on the mirror logically it puts Millard in the the driver seat of Bosma's truck? Is he going to argue that the gun shot came from the back seat so it had to have been MS????

..JMHO...arrogant..to spin in chair...he should whip that darn " grin " off his face....Let the him hang himself...naturally JMHO....robynhood...:jail:

My own opinion again, but classical psychopathic behaviour. He loves all the attention -- sees himself as some powerful mega star, and thinks he will win. Also something just plain evil, gloating and smiling like that at the grieving widow. If he has no ability to feel empathy or remorse, this is all a big game to him. He probably thinks everyone, including the pretty girls in the room, he also smiles at, are very impressed with him. Thank goodness LE took him off the streets when they did. This guy likely would have really enjoyed continuing as a serial killer. I think when he missed part of the turn, and pulled out the gun from its concealment holster, he just could hardly wait to shoot Tim. Evil beyond belief, and for a normal, moral person hard to get your mind around.

Is it just me, or does Pillay appear to be cross examining just for clarification of the obvious things that are pointing to his clients guilt? Am I missing something? MOO

I think he is trying to establish that yes he was there, but to purchase the truck, not steal and murder someone. By pointing out he was friendly, trustworthy looking and the one driving it was not him who fired the gun he was test driving to just purchase a truck. He is going to make it seem like it was impossible to fire the gun because he was driving how could he do that. Pulling over would have made it obvious something was going to happen.

Knowing what I do know about .380 caliber gone could have very easily came from the driver and judging by the amount of residue they say they found in the front it was likely the driver.

Do we know for sure if Millard is right or left-handed?

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11m11 minutes ago
#Millard is left-handed. Not that he'd use his left hand to adjust a rear view mirror. #TimBosma

I'm not sure if I should be, but I am surprised at how little cross-examination there has been. I know there is not much to dispute with your client's print on the mirror...but what is the thought process behind confirming that the finger print on the mirror logically it puts Millard in the the driver seat of Bosma's truck? Is he going to argue that the gun shot came from the back seat so it had to have been MS????

Seeing as this was only day two with hardly anything significant as far as actual evidence goes, I'm not surprised by the lack of cross. It will get dirty moving forward. Pillay is just laying some ground work IMHO

My own opinion again, but classical psychopathic behaviour. He loves all the attention -- sees himself as some powerful mega star, and thinks he will win. Also something just plain evil, gloating and smiling like that at the grieving widow. If he has no ability to feel empathy or remorse, this is all a big game to him. He probably thinks everyone, including the pretty girls in the room, he also smiles at, are very impressed with him. Thank goodness LE took him off the streets when they did. This guy likely would have really enjoyed continuing as a serial killer. I think when he missed part of the turn, and pulled out the gun from its concealment holster, he just could hardly wait to shoot Tim. Evil beyond belief, and for a normal, moral person hard to get your mind around.

Yes to all of this. I've always been reluctant to straight-up call him a serial killer, but he's giving me all kinds of Ted Bundy at this point.

And for whatever reason, involving other people is obviously part of the thrill for him.

Good reminder that murderers (and serial killers) do not necessarily fit the perfect cookie-cutter molds we envision after watching all those 'profiler' crime shows.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11m11 minutes ago
#Millard is left-handed. Not that he'd use his left hand to adjust a rear view mirror. #TimBosma

Thanks, redheart. So if he's driving, he has to turn a bit in the seat to fire with his left hand.

Well, do lefties necessarily fire with left hand? Going to ask left-handed boyfriend tonight. (Not that he's ever fired a handgun, but I'm guessing there's some instinctive knowledge of how you would hold something like that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva