Bosma Murder Trial 02.03.16 - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While reading through all these posts this morning, something came to mind. Before the trial began there had been talk about possible strangulation as cause of death. Once we all heard the opening statement and realized there was a gun and lots of blood ect. the strangulation theory seemed to disappear. I'm wondering if it's possible at all that MS did take immediate action from the backseat to incapacitate TB to some capacity (whether strangulation or something), and then they stopped just down the road and MS got in the Yukon (where they possibly parked it, and then at some point they shot TB to actually kill him? Then there wouldn't be fear of the gun shot being heard immediately after they left the house, but explains how MS got in the Yukon and there perhaps wasn't a 3rd driver at all? Maybe also why no blood on the phone...maybe they took it before he was shot? I know there are holes in this theory but thought I would mention it. I would love to hear what others think of this possibility. I guess since TB was incinerated there may be no evidence to support this theory.

While reading through all these posts this morning, something came to mind. Before the trial began there had been talk about possible strangulation as cause of death. Once we all heard the opening statement and realized there was a gun and lots of blood ect. the strangulation theory seemed to disappear. I'm wondering if it's possible at all that MS did take immediate action from the backseat to incapacitate TB to some capacity (whether strangulation or something), and then they stopped just down the road and MS got in the Yukon (where they possibly parked it, and then at some point they shot TB to actually kill him? Then there wouldn't be fear of the gun shot being heard immediately after they left the house, but explains how MS got in the Yukon and there perhaps wasn't a 3rd driver at all? Maybe also why no blood on the phone...maybe they took it before he was shot? I know there are holes in this theory but thought I would mention it. I would love to hear what others think of this possibility. I guess since TB was incinerated there may be no evidence to support this theory.

I will admit I've been wondering about a struggle ever since I saw the interior of the truck showing that the rearview mirror had been ripped off and was hanging by its cord.

Also could have been done accidentally in their haste to gut the interior and burn it, or when they were (sorry) moving his body.

There really isn't much evidence so far that MS was deeply involved. Being in the back seat may have blocked him from being an effective attacker.

I think that the gunshot residue in the area of the driver and passenger front seats speaks volumes: all the troubles happened in that area. The gun is more than enough to control someone.

MS could have been there just to steal a truck, push some guy out of his vehicle in the boonies...but DM may have raised the stakes.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Only handful of media at Tim #Bosma trial today. Many Toronto journos redeployed to cover other court cases. Fewer members of public too.

I wonder how long before the twitter coverage ends, and we're back to reading news articles?

I am one of the people that believed he had been strangulated by the passenger in the back seat...before hearing about the shooting. The thing that comes to mind is, if they already had him incapacitated and then shot him afterwards, why do it in the truck where they knew it was going to make an awful mess that would be impossible to completely clean? I mean, we are seeing that they made a number of missteps so far so they may not have thought that through and chose to shoot him in the truck to keep the sound to a minimum. Or better yet, why shoot him at all? If he is already incapacitated from being strangled....just keep doing that until he is dead. No mess at all.

And sadly you are correct....the incineration took away a lot of opportunity to know the exact details. Luckily they didn't clean out the lower chamber in the incinerator.

Another thing I've been thinking of...did LE look around the hanger when they visited. All I've seen is that they asked to look around and DM said he thought they were going to say that. So what happened?! I'm having trouble waiting for all these details to be revealed in court. I know it's a long process...ahhh! And why didn't they follow up with that fourth phone number that the Bate phone called. That seems really weird to me. They had a missing person on their hands and they didn't look into that fourth number?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Only handful of media at Tim #Bosma trial today. Many Toronto journos redeployed to cover other court cases. Fewer members of public too.

I wonder how long before the twitter coverage ends, and we're back to reading news articles?

I am really contemplating taking a day off work and going to the trial. Part of me wants to go and see all the players first hand. The other part of me (that is winning, by the way) is worried that seeing SB and the family is going to affect me for the rest of my life. This whole horror being relatively local to me has me more involved than I usually would with a case like this...I am not sure I want to add an even more personal view by seeing everyone first hand.

And before the trial started didn't LE say they had video of the truck in brantford? or was that a rumor? maybe still to come? hmmmm...

sorry for all the questions :)

That would depend who it is !! DM is staying in solitary for some reason.
(lol)
I would imagine with a case this high-profile, it's generally for his own protection.

Hearsay, undoubtedly, but my husband works with some relatively sketchy individuals who have heard things out of Barton.
Rich, pretty-boys (especially the now infamous ones) don't typically fare so well in the Hamilton "hood" (lol).

*In the interest of full disclosure, I'm only 20 mins from the jail

And before the trial started didn't LE say they had video of the truck in brantford? or was that a rumor? maybe still to come? hmmmm...

sorry for all the questions :)

Someone posted a good assessment a bit earlier. They noted that it appears the witnesses are being grouped based on expertise. They may have video grouped together at some point.

I think the initial video, the one they say they have that shows Tim's truck and DM's following close to the Bosma residence will be introduced as they bring MS more into the proceedings. (assuming that video actually exists) They seem to be building a DM specific timeline at this point. What is boggling my mind is that the judge told the jurors that this trial was going to be around 4 months long. Think of how much more evidence is yet to come!!!!!! :eek:hwow:

I am one of the people that believed he had been strangulated by the passenger in the back seat...before hearing about the shooting. The thing that comes to mind is, if they already had him incapacitated and then shot him afterwards, why do it in the truck where they knew it was going to make an awful mess that would be impossible to completely clean? I mean, we are seeing that they made a number of missteps so far so they may not have thought that through and chose to shoot him in the truck to keep the sound to a minimum. Or better yet, why shoot him at all? If he is already incapacitated from being strangled....just keep doing that until he is dead. No mess at all.

And sadly you are correct....the incineration took away a lot of opportunity to know the exact details. Luckily they didn't clean out the lower chamber in the incinerator.

I mentioned this last night, but back in the beginning it was speculated that DM only wanted the *engine* from Tim's truck. We also know that some amount of 'chopping' was done at the hangar (the stolen Harley had been modified, and a new application for ownership of the stolen trailer had been submitted). It's possible they just didn't care about the interior and were mostly after the engine.

Maybe, the eliminator was still too hot at the inside, when he carried the machine to his farmland? Perhaps later he couldn't return to that place because of police watching him.

Opening remarks stated that The Eliminator was moved out to the stand of trees after dropping the truck and trailer to DM's mother's residence (evening of May 11th during a Leafs' game according to the mother's neighbour), so it would have been cooled. It had already been brought back to the farm from the hangar when DM moved it from wherever it was located (near the barn?) to the trees while with his girlfriend. If the 'incineration phase' was from approximately 1:30am on May 7th until say 1:30pm on May 7th (12 hours?), that would be almost 4.5 days later that it was moved to the trees.

That would depend who it is !! DM is staying in solitary for some reason.
They don't want the upper class pretty boy Dahmer'd before the trial is done. He can look forward to needing protection in secure housing for the duration of his sentence. His personality won't work all that well in gen-pop.

Opening remarks stated that The Eliminator was moved out to the stand of trees after dropping the truck and trailer to DM's mother's residence (evening of May 11th during a Leafs' game according to the mother's neighbour), so it would have been cooled. It had already been brought back to the farm from the hangar when DM moved it from wherever it was located (near the barn?) to the trees while with his girlfriend. If the 'incineration phase' was from approximately 1:30am on May 7th until say 1:30pm on May 7th (12 hours?), that would be almost 4.5 days later that it was moved to the trees.

BBM You know...that Leafs game is proving to have some value. It is a great reference point for people who typically go through the "I think it was Tuesday. NO...it was Wednesday. Wait a second..." process. The fact that the Leafs were making a rare playoff appearance in May of 2013 has really helped keep dates organized for witnesses. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether