Bosma Murder Trial 02.03.16 - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bosma murder trial: A smile, a wave from man accused of murder

Cocky.

Dellen Millard is cocky and the jury knows it.

A man on trial for first-degree murder just smiled and waved? At a homicide detective on the witness stand? In front of the jury?

The bizarre moment was fleeting, but it made an impression. Jurors raised their eyebrows and looked at one another, members of the media whispered among themselves, Tim's family looked horrified.

You can't undo a moment like that....

While the jurors have heard testimony from Tim's widow and a tenant describing the demeanour of the friendly, tall guy who got behind the wheel of Tim's truck for that test drive, they have been able to observe Millard's demeanour with their own eyes.

Each day Smich and Millard are in the courtroom before the jury arrives and, as is the custom, they rise for the jurors' entrance. Millard usually does a deep bow in the jury's direction. Smich does not.

Jurors have the means and ability to make their own observations of the people they sit in judgment of. This jury will be in the courtroom with Millard and Smich for four months.

That gives them many hours to watch the men they will judge.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...al-a-smile-a-wave-from-man-accused-of-murder/

I can't speak to political correctness but I do believe that there is a certain amount of empathy for the family and respect for the jury, LE etc required under the circumstances. It sounds like his behaviour is distracting to the matter at hand and I am sure that his legal counsel is cringing at every cheesy, showboating, self-aggrandising turn. If he is truly innocent then he should allow his legal representation to do their job by focusing on facts, not his court room behaviour.

DM has no boundaries and isn't going to stop. The court antics, although immediately viewed as repulsive to a normal person, are all innate to what most of us have come to see as his pathologically narcissistic or psyche. Does he perhaps feel that he's competing for the spotlight with the person in the witness box? Will the antics kick in whenever the court is deeply engaged in evidence that excites him?

If we made a list of all his narcissistic behaviours in this sordid trial, the court antics are rather minor. Dissertations will be written about it long after the trial is over.

This is my humble opinion.

DM has no boundaries and isn't going to stop. The court antics, although immediately viewed as repulsive to a normal person, are all innate to what most of us have come to see as his pathologically narcissistic or psyche. Does he perhaps feel that he's competing for the spotlight with the person in the witness box? Will the antics kick in whenever the court is deeply engaged in evidence that excites him?

If we made a list of all his narcissistic behaviours in this sordid trial, the court antics are rather minor. Dissertations will be written about it long after the trial is over.

This is my humble opinion.

BBM

And I think that's exactly what he's after. Enduring notoriety.

I don't remember hearing of any significant evidence being found at Maple Gate, am I forgetting some? If he wanted to send LE in a wild goose chase, why not give the address of one of his condos? I wonder what address is on his driver's licence, I would imagine that LE would have already had that address before they arrived, I wonder why they asked for his address at all, and again, why he would send them to the place with the human remains? Did he want the remains found?

I get the impression that 'The Eliminator' had 2 places to empty out, and although the one place had been already emptied (the ash part) by the time police discovered it, it seems the part with the larger fragments was forgotten, or perhaps not known about. Imho, I think DM had no idea that the location he gave police would provide such evidence. He had gone to the trouble of moving The Eliminator into the trees, but yet not bothered to ensure it was completely cleaned out. Doh.

The Eliminator
http://nationalhogfarmer.com/mag/farming_adjustable_farrowing_stall

Animal Incinerator

Southern Breeze Fabricators, Inc. is offering several models of The Eliminator animal incinerators for disposal of animal mortalities. The units feature a wedge-shaped, self-feeding design with a 115-volt electrical system; 12-hour, one-step timer; removable grates; bottom-burning, easy ash cleanout; sterile residue; steel plate construction; and 1,200-1,500 °F burn temperature. A second burner and propane burner are options, as is a roll-back door and extra clean-out door. More information is available by phone (229) 336-9337, fax (229) 336-1844 or e-mail sbreezefab@bellsouth.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Juballee View Post
And as I recall, it was MS wearing a backpack that was an uncertainty, and the tenant was certain DM was not wearing his man purse.

<rsbm>

To clarify:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Trial-02-02-16-Day-2&p=12328000#post12328000

Dungey says that De Boer can’t say if tall guy had a satchel or anything, and can’t say why other man with the hoodie was dressed as he was – he might have been ill or something, Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 1:42 PM

<bbm>

DM was wearing a (long sleeve?) shirt, if I remember correct. A shirt is made of relatively thin material and I wondered, if it is possible to wear a pistol holster beneath without been seen from the outside. Maybe gangster-style dressed MS had something beneath his too warm hoodie ...? :dunno:

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Jackson said Millard's phone then pinged off a cell tower in Brantford, Ont., at 9:44 p.m., before pinging twice around midnight in Cambridge, Ont. The last blip from Bosma's phone, on the other hand, was off a tower in Brantford at 10:56 p.m.

Police traced the calls made to Bosma and Tumemenko to a cellphone number belonging to a shop in west-end Toronto, Jackson said. The name on the bill of sale was Lucas Bate.

Cell tower records showed similar locations for the two phones — Millard's and Bate's — travelling from Etobicoke, in west-end Toronto, through Ancaster, Jackson testified.

The investigator also described the phone interactions between Bosma's cellphone and Bate's. There were several calls between them, with Bate calling Bosma at 9:04 p.m. on the night he disappeared, Jackson said.

http://www.theifp.ca/news-story/6260781-detective-describes-manhunt-for-accused-in-bosma-death/

Thank you for the clarity. That sums it up nicely. What I am wondering, though, is did the police get cell records of the Bate phone for a day previous to the test drive? A random day between when the burner phone was purchased and May of 2013. If they pulled the cell records for let's say May 4th, did DM's personal phone follow the same cell towers etc.? It would show that both phones traveled together previous to the day Tim went missing. MOO

I get the impression that 'The Eliminator' had 2 places to empty out, and although the one place had been already emptied (the ash part) by the time police discovered it, it seems the part with the larger fragments was forgotten, or perhaps not known about. Imho, I think DM had no idea that the location he gave police would provide such evidence. He had gone to the trouble of moving The Eliminator into the trees, but yet not bothered to ensure it was completely cleaned out. Doh.

The Eliminator
http://nationalhogfarmer.com/mag/farming_adjustable_farrowing_stall

Animal Incinerator

Southern Breeze Fabricators, Inc. is offering several models of The Eliminator animal incinerators for disposal of animal mortalities. The units feature a wedge-shaped, self-feeding design with a 115-volt electrical system; 12-hour, one-step timer; removable grates; bottom-burning, easy ash cleanout; sterile residue; steel plate construction; and 1,200-1,500 °F burn temperature. A second burner and propane burner are options, as is a roll-back door and extra clean-out door. More information is available by phone (229) 336-9337, fax (229) 336-1844 or e-mail sbreezefab@bellsouth.net.

Maybe, the eliminator was still too hot at the inside, when he carried the machine to his farmland? Perhaps later he couldn't return to that place because of police watching him.

It genuinely blows my mind that there are people out there who honestly believe DM is innocent of this vile, wicked crime against Tim Bosma. Of course he hasn't been found GUILTY in a court of law yet, but even if he is, (and I think he will be) I think those folks would still call it some kind of miscarriage of justice, despite the overwhelming evidence...

FWIW. moo & whatever.

Certainly, it can feel very frustrating, but rather than allow myself to be sickened by it, I am viewing it with curiosity. Perhaps it would help, and I say this with as much kindness as I can express with mere words, if you focused less on the content of the message, and more on the trivial things in those messages that offend your sensibilities. What time was the message posted ... and such.

Not saying that this is the case on this thread, but we know that there have been cases here at WS where the accused had been posting. Surely those must have been very interesting posts.

IF LE came to your door with a search warrant, they wouldn't allow you to leave with a box that you may have just gathered up all the evidence into. Same with a satchel, so I doubt that is why he grabbed his bag. Also, they asked to look around, they did not present a warrant to search, so if he knew his rights he was showing that he allowed the search. If he had drugs to hide, he could have told the cops no, come back with a warrant, and then taken the drugs to the bathroom and flushed them when they left.

And finally, why would he draw attention to his bag if he was using it to hide something? His lawyer asked specifically if the officers saw him grab his bag and sling it over his shoulder. I bet they are not just asking stupid questions to kill time because they are paid by the hour ;)

I thought, he immediately was ready to go with the "suits" with hanging the beloved satchel (several pics with this accessoire) on his shoulder - and then they didn't take him.

Btw:

I was amazed how fast police investigated - great! :drumroll:

After having DM's pink shirts and pink hair flashed at me so many times, I decided the guy was going to be a real performer in court. Center of attention.

You can see how DM's outgoing gregarious friendly nature would endear him to many people. I mean, outside of a courtroom where there's a first-degree murder trial going on.

I wonder if Plan B is to charm some woman on the jury into creating a mistrial? Not that that will help him any: he can't get out of jail.

I think DM has just decided to go down with style. He's caught. He's done. I think after CN was arrested and he got really really skinny...he knew he was down for the count.

bbm :thumb:

Cocky.Dellen Millard is cocky and the jury knows it.On the third day of his first-degree murder trial, Millard stole the show when he smiled and raised his hand in greeting to a homicide detective on the witness standhttp://www.thespec.com/news-story/6262513-bosma-trial-bizarre-smile-and-wave-from-a-man-accused-of-murder/
I have a feeling this will be something he does a lot throughout this trial. I can't imagine how he'll react if he's found guilty by the jury...raise his hand in greeting and smile? It's so infuriating and I can't figure out if that's the reaction he's trying to get or if he really somehow believes it makes him look friendly and less guilty.

Mark Carcasole &#8207;@MarkCarcGlobal 3h3 hours ago

Here are some of the photos viewed at #MillardSmich trial today: Grassy ditch where #TimBosma's phone was found.

attachment.php

Good Morning Everyone. I spent a fair amount of time posting about the location of the phone yesterday and when I saw this photo last night it struck me as a very important detail. Based on origin and destination we can assume the vehicle was traveling north (with the business on the passenger side of the vehicle.) In reading the description of where the phone was found (in a ditch, along the road) I assumed it was found along the front of the property. This photo tells a very different story. It clearly shows it was found along the fence line along the driveway. What does this mean? A couple of thoughts...

If the vehicle was moving, law of inertia would have made it practically impossible to have the phone end up against the fence. If you want to see this in action: [video=youtube;-VJzr_aSSE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJzr_aSSE4[/video]

The phone was found near the right edge of the section of fence next to the "Kemira Private Property No Trespassing" sign. Using Google Maps and a ruler it appears this point is approximately 35-45 feet from the edge of the road. IF, and that is a big if, they were driving in the same vehicle, could the passenger throw a cell phone 35 to 45 feet out of a moving vehicle and land it against a fence that is behind the direction they are moving? Not likely.

Up until now we have been led to believe that by this point DM and MS were in separate vehicles which means they both would have been in the driver's position. There is little to no chance that they could have thrown the cell phone that distance from the driver's position, moving or not.

MOO....for the phone to have ended up where it did, that far from the road up against the fence....they had to have stopped there. Whether they just stopped at the end of the road, got out of the vehicle and threw the phone or they pulled into the driveway a bit and threw the phone from the window, I don't know. The video surveillance from Kemira didn't show anything of note. It said the camera didn't go past the entrance or drive (I can't remember the exact phrase) but LE did say the video didn't show anything at all. You would think that had the video camera covered the entrance by the road they would have at least seen the vehicles go by. Since it didn't, it likely didn't cover the entrance by the road either. They had to have stopped here. MOO

Thanks deep woods off, that's the type of detailing I was wondering about!

Certainly, it can feel very frustrating, but rather than allow myself to be sickened by it, I am viewing it with curiosity. Perhaps it would help, and I say this with as much kindness as I can express with mere words, if you focused less on the content of the message, and more on the trivial things in those messages that offend your sensibilities. What time was the message posted ... and such.

Not saying that this is the case on this thread, but we know that there have been cases here at WS where the accused had been posting. Surely those must have been very interesting posts.

When I said "out there" I just meant in society, posting on SM, etc. We all see it all the time and yes, it's very frustrating. Sometimes it really does get the better of me.

BBM - Way to go Det. Tselepaiks for getting right on it requesting Tim's cell phone records. Nine minutes was all it took to get TB's phone report. That is incredible. I am thrilled to know LE took this case very seriously from the get go. The information thus far on how LE handled this case from the very start, should give us a sense of pride in our LE. MOO.
12 hours, 9 minutes.
He requested in the morning and got it in the afternoon.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...rn-to-world-of-fast-cars-and-exotic-adventure

............ is that &#8220;the facts&#8221; they keep repeating, don&#8217;t match the disclosure I am given. I thought by now some, even one, of those so called &#8216;investigative&#8217; journalists would have picked up on some of discrepancies in what police are telling them. I thought the public might have noticed some of the things that are out of place in the news articles. I&#8217;ve never been through something like this. I&#8217;m relying on the advice of my lawyer, and several other lawyers too, all agree, stay quiet. CBS wants to do a lengthy interview. Right now, I feel like doing it. And not just sticking to my personal background; I feel like getting right into the case, and picking it all apart. For heaven&#8217;s sake, it&#8217;s right in front of everyone&#8217;s faces, and no one seems to be able to figure it all out!? This silence is very frustrating.

Did anybody find the obvicious discrepancies by now???

This is the day Igor Tumemenko is scheduled to testify. He is the man who identified the Ambition tattoo on another test drive, the day before Tim Bosma went missing. At one of Det. Sergeant Matt Kavanagh&#8217;s May 2013 news briefings, he was described as an exceptionally large individual.

Yesterday, day three of the trial, we learned in court that he drew the Ambition tattoo on a piece of wood.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/dispatches-from-the-tim-bosma-murder-trial-day-4.html

Something makes me think that if there were other stolen vehicles in DM's possession, whether one or a chop shop full, if they could be attributed to him, it would have been mentioned in the opening statement to give him some kind of a motive.

Was there a motive at all presented in the opening statement?

It's not necessary for the Crown to present a motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE