Bosma Murder Trial 02.09.16 - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still do not get Dungey's line of questioning. It's like he just does it to get some words in. Who cares if the door was open!

I am starting to wonder if it is to put some doubt into the jury's mind. I mean more of them trying to figure out what his angle is....just like we are doing. MOO

I still do not get Dungey's line of questioning. It's like he just does it to get some words in. Who cares if the door was open!

I think we've heard excuses from team DM that he was framed - so showing the door to the house was open we can infer that it was indeed DM parking the trailer there, not MS or someone else. Likely only DM would have a key to the house to be able to open the door unless MB was home, but she isn't likely to let MS or someone else park the trailer there. That's my guess about what Dungey was getting at, anyway.
MOO

Sorry, I've missed this info about DM's truck being red (although in the current media I see he wanted TIM's truck painted red after it was stolen). Where's the color info coming from on DM's truck? Do we have a pic? 'Red' can mean a lot of things, and yes it's going to register as 'dark' at night, unless it's some sort of seriously neon/pastel color.
There are pics of DM red truck all over.
ETA wasn't on a computer, sorry I couldn't link this

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
Court now back in session. Next witness: Danielle Fortier. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Fortier works for Rogers Communications. Senior Investigator in Law Enforcement Support Group. #MillardSmich

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:50 PM
She's being qualified as an expert witness.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:52 PM
She's an expert on cellphone records and the Rogers network.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:53 PM
The court is now being shown a presentation to explain the Rogers network.

attachment.php

Look at those nice running lights over the windshield! :clap:

REALLY glad the jury is being schooled on cell phone tech - and how they work. This will be very helpful indeed. This expert witness should be on-call here at WS for when folks come along and ask the same questions, case after case :)

Depending on the amount of light, a red truck would look "dark in color" at night. Hubby has a red car but you can't tell it's red when it's dark out - it just looks dark.

I have 2 red vehicles, same shade as DM's truck. Late at night, you cannot tell exactly colour of them, especially if there is lights on the vehicle and you are looking it straight on.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:57 PM
According to the presentation, there are usually more sites in urban areas that can provide more specific locations of cellphone locations. In rural areas, the site can have a much bigger footprint.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:57 PM
Essentially, that means you can be more precise about where a cellphone is in a city compared to a rural area.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 1:58 PM
The Bosmas live in a rural area of Ancaster.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
Court now back in session. Next witness: Danielle Fortier. #MillardSmich

If Danielle Fortier's name sounds familiar to anyone, she also spoke at the Erin Howlett trial in December 2015.

Cody Cook used the phone for a little less than a month, starting on July 8, 2013, testified Danielle Fortier, a prosecution witness who works in the law enforcement support department of telecommunications company Rogers.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6169457-man-used-phone-previously-used-by-howlett-ball-murder-trial-told/

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 5m5 minutes ago
Fortier now presenting a crash course-type Power Point to court on "Wireless Network Basics". #MillardSmich

Basically, when you make a call, signal goes from phone to cell site/tower, to a "switch," which sends the call to intended target. #Bosma

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
As explained earlier in trial...Urban areas have more cell towers each with lesser coverage. Rural areas = Fewer towers with more coverage.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Place call, goes to cell site, then switch, then recipient. Switch gathers billing info: to & from numbers, voice or text, duration, tower.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Phone uses cell site with strongest signal. So usually closest tower is pinged. #Bosma

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 35s36 seconds ago
Fortier says two ways to track a phone's location. If it's on they can "ping" it and get a general latitude & longitude. #MillardSmich

If a phone is off, they have to rely on most recent call records. #MillardSmich

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
If phone is on, can ping it to get its latitude/longitude. If off, can get last cell site. #Bosma

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Large buildings can onstruct radius/signal of a cell tower. So can heavy use of cells in area and weather. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 4m4 minutes ago
Fortier says she received production order from police requesting call records, cell site locations & subscriber info for 6 numbers. #Bosma

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 2:01 PM
If the cell is on, you can get a more precise look at where the phone is. "What we get is latitude and longitude," Fortier says. If the phone is off, the company would have to look at previous records for texts/calls and approximate.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 2:02 PM
If there is an obstruction between the closest cell site and a cellphone, the phone might use a tower father away that is unobstructed. Weather can affect which tower is used, too.

I was wondering if Rogers would come into this, as Wind Mobile uses their cell networks.

Having just visited Wind, I found it odd that someone would want to use them for running around out of the free areas. Roaming charges add up fast when you're in the orange zones and beyond, which are in some segments of the GTA. A few blocks in the same neighborhood and you're paying the roaming fees. Free zones were more restricted in 2013, IIRC, and coverage more limited. Must have bought it for the anonymity, I guess. No ID required, I live in a high school kinda thing.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 2:05 PM
Fortier says she examined requests from police on six phones.

Weather on May 6 and what our eyes see at night is coming up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654