Bosma Murder Trial 02.10.16 - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be Tamarind, but IMHO, his lawyers are not only their to defend DM, IMO, they should be preparing DM on a constant basis for his day in Court. I thought for a bit that maybe it was because he'd been locked up for so long, but then when I thought about it, I realized that DM has spent many hours in transit and in court rooms over the last many months. It's not like this is the first time he's had some time out of the jail. These are Crown witnesses that he's smiling at, waving at and holding his hand up for. This is the wife of the person who the Crown intends to prove was in DM's incinerator that he's locking eyes with and smiling at. There's a steep contrast between MS & DM's behaviour and I think this speaks volumes. At this point, I personally don't care if DM waves and smiles everyday. To me it not only indicates that DM does whatever he wants without consideration to the feelings of others, it also shows that he certainly does not recognize or respect authority. MOO

Being in transit in an armoured vehicle that is locked and has a small window is not something that could be considered a taste of freedom IMHO. Waiting in a holding cell at a courthouse and standing in a courtroom box for a short time once a month or two is not tasting freedom either in my opinion. Returning to a solitary cell can only increase a sense of isolation IMO. I see the acknowledgment by DM putting up his hand when someone was trying to identify him as being respectful and it appears to have been an automatic response. I believe the following day he didnt do that, so I am assuming his lawyer told him that it wasn't necessary to acknowledge. Like I said before, he is a fish out of water, he has no past history of court from what we know, so this is all new to him. IMHO

DM grinning at SB is bullying. Maybe you don't know what bullying or bad behaviour is, but DM is it.

As MsSherlock wrote, "To me it not only indicates that DM does whatever he wants without consideration to the feelings of others, it also shows that he certainly does not recognize or respect authority."

ETA: if DM weren't in a courtroom, I am sure that he would be punched in the head for his behaviour. It's instigating.

I dont believe he was grinning at all JMO

Bullying is not something I would interpret an acknowledging smile as JMO I think he is showing respect by acknowledging and having a congenial demeanor. I know of others who feel the same way.

Punching someone in the head would be bullying, disrespectful and in line for a criminal charge, so forgive me for feeling rather perturbed by that suggestion, especially as it relates to the post.

I

I dont believe he was grinning at all JMO

Bullying is not something I would interpret an acknowledging smile as JMO I think he is showing respect by acknowledging and having a congenial demeanor. I know of others who feel the same way.

He was under a no contact order to NOT contact SB in any way and then when he shows up in court he LEERS at her?

This is exactly the kind of reason there is a no contact order - so the witness/victim is not further traumatized and distressed by the accused.

<modsnip>

It has to be a double door trailed where they meet in the middle. If a ramp door fell down in travel it would make a hell of a noise and the driver should have felt / heard something. Makes me think it was two swinging doors hinged left and right.

Police make mention of calling two tow trucks to move it. The correct truck is a pickup truck with a gooseneck hitch. Perhaps the tow truck had be towing the trailer on its hook or hitch which can be adjusted up and down hydraulically.

The first tow truck may have been towing the trailer level or nose down causing the doors to try to swing shut more.

The second trip perhaps the tow truck or second tow truck had the trailer on a slight incline making the doors want to swing open on their own.

I don't know if it's been asked yet or not, but why didn't they treat the trailer as a piece of evidence in itself and put it on a larger trailer instead of towing it? Was there no concern for minuscule evidence that could have been on the outside or underside trailer itself?

He was under a no contact order to NOT contact SB in any way and then when he shows up in court he LEERS at her?

This is exactly the kind of reason there is a no contact order - so the witness/victim is not further traumatized and distressed by the accused.

I am very sorry there are so many twisted, sick individuals who think DM's behavior is normal because they behave in the same disrespectful, unhuman manner themselves. Psychopaths.

agreeing to differ

leering is a new one on me !!!

If DM is actually innocent of murder, maybe he is smiling, or more likely in my opinion, displaying a congenial expression towards the widow. It may be his way of silently suggesting he is innocent and at the same time acknowledging her. We have no idea how he feels, but after what will soon be three years in jail, in solitary, I'm sure he feels relieved to be dealing with this situation and having some human interaction. Just the fact that someone has had very little human interaction for this time would make them feel somewhat uneasy in a situation with a large amount of people, including reporters, police and a family that may believe he is guilty. Just my opinion.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but this is the first and last I'll say about the subject :)

I see DM's behaviour in court as fundamentally selfish. I'll grant that the first couple of days, he can smile like a loon, if we're to believe that he was deprived of all and any human interaction for long enough that he considered sitting at a courtroom and waving at witnesses "human interaction." However, past that initial euphoria, I personally cannot see why DM would continue to try and intimidate the court.

And yes, I do believe that is what he's doing, from the perspective of the Bosma family and certainly the reporters, who are used to covering tens of cases each year. If TB's friend, who called DM and MS "F*ckers," is indicative of the kind of feelings the rest of his family and friends have about the accused, you'd think smiling at them would be a bad idea in general. If I was in SB's shoes, I'd find the accused smiling at me revolting and unnecessary, nevermind talks of believing them innocent before guilty. I highly doubt DM shares SB's desire to find justice and her husband's killer, so why does he smile at her when she doesn't need to share solidarity of feeling with him?

If DM had a lick of sympathy or empathy, he'd know that and acted accordingly - by focusing on the presentation of evidence rather than his surroundings (which he seemed to constantly do). But the jury's the ultimate judge in this case, and I pray they'll make the right decision in the end.

I wouldn't expect him to look at her with sober sadness at all. No more than I would look at her that way three years after her loss. I'm sure she is trying to move forward and glum expressions everywhere she looks would be depressing IMHO. Who is to define who is 'in their right mind'? We all have individual personalities and I for one would not want people displaying glum, sad expressions for years to hopefully make me feel better. It would have the opposite effect. I could touch on personal experience to emphasize this point but expressing miserable faces does not necessarily help the bereaved. I think the truth will likely help her more and maybe thats what DM is hoping for. We will see.

I have been following along but have not posted as yet. I just wanted to say a few words about DM's behaviour. There is an unwritten code of conduct for the accused in a court room. The accused are on trial and as such are being watched carefully by the jurors. Their non verbal behaviour speaks volumes to the people judging them. If the behaviour is inappropriate ( which the majority of people think it is) then this will be negatively influencing the jurors!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MS statement of agreed facts. There is not a separate one listed for DM
Ca54jIFWwAIzvf-.jpg

agreeing to disagree is fine. I maintain my opinion is as valid as any other.....

Iron sharpens iron. And being the devil's advocate can sometimes have the effect of encouraging people to become even more sure of their own opposing opinions. I feel more secure in my reasoning that DM's at the very least is a jerk, thanks to the people who shared their findings and opinions on this forum, but you may still feel differently at the end of the day.

But I'll argue that the only "valid" and relevant opinion, and the only one that matters, is the jury's - and thank goodness for that :)

Iron sharpens iron. And being the devil's advocate can sometimes have the effect of encouraging people to become even more sure of their own opposing opinions. I am secure in my reasoning that DM's at the very least is a jerk, but you may feel differently.

But I'll argue that the only valid opinion, and the only one that matters, is the jury's - and thank goodness for that :)

that can work both ways

Lets hope the jury can see through opinion and deal with fact. JMO

that can work both ways

Lets hope the jury can see through opinion and deal with fact. JMO

And that can also work both ways :) Though I believe jury members are human, and cannot be completely impartial and immune to DM's antics or their own feelings on the matter. Which is why I and others pray that truth will emerge and justice will be served - for Bosma's family and the accused.

And that can also work both ways :) Though I believe jury members are human, and cannot be completely impartial and immune to DM's antics or their own feelings on the matter. Which is why I and others pray that truth will emerge and justice will be served - for Bosma's family and the accused.

I also want the truth to emerge., lets hope it does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654