Bosma Murder Trial 02.16.16 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now seeing photos of the front passenger side window. It's broken out - shattered.
by Adam Carter 11:01 AM

"Glass was collected earlier on. I used tweezers - we had to take glass from the frame itself," McLellen says.
by Adam Carter 11:01 AM

All the other windows in the truck were down. Police used "special gloves" as to not cut their hands to take the glass out.
by Adam Carter 11:03 AM

Some blood stains weren't swabbed and sent in to the Centre for Forensic Science, McLellen says. "It just got down to volume, at this point."
by Adam Carter 10:59 AM

Wow! Just wow. In so many cases they are happy to be able to find a trace or two. In this instance they had to simply stop swabbing.

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Image shows front passenger window completely smashed. @CHCHNews #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 58s59 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
All other windows were rolled down. Passenger side window smashed, hanging in door frame. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Now seeing the inside of the passenger seat window. Broken. They removed door panel in order to test glass for blood/other evidence. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 5m5 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
"It's very faint, you can barely see it, but it's there" says Det. McLellen of blood found on driver's side door #Bosma

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 4m4 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Most of these blood stains are very small. Millimetres wide. There are all over the inside. @CHCHNews #Bosma

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
All stains are faint, hardly visible to the naked eye. @CHCHNews #Bosma

I guess this puts to rest the questioning of why AJ didn't see it.

Court now seeing a picture of the window out of the truck, laid on the ground. The top is shattered, and there are spiderwebs of cracks on the bottom part of the window.
by Adam Carter 11:04 AM

They were looking for "handler detail profiles," she says - swabbing the truck to look for skin cells and DNA of anyone who might have been in the truck. Investigators swabbed things like doorhandles, windows, etc.
by Adam Carter 11:06 AM

I'm pretty certain this eliminates the stabbing theories going around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding stabbing, I said stabbed first from behind, or threatened with a box cutter to "get out, we want the truck"
Then a struggle if TB fought back, resulting in gunshots
Which still could have happened IMO

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
We've now see forensic photos of bloodstains labelled on the dash, pass. seat cover, roof liner above visor #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
It is literally, everywhere. #Bosma

BBM.....I can't imagine sitting through this.....I'm almost sick just reading about it.....I feel for SB and family.....

Some of the stains on the passenger seat cushions were actually cut out of the truck and sent to the Centre for Forensic Science.
by Adam Carter 11:09 AM

**I believe they originally stated that a 3 seat "bench" type seat was found amongst the charred remains of the car seats. I'm a little confused now. Was the whole backseat intact or did they remove the bench part and now they're talking about the back part?

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
As the detective lists all the areas of the Bosma's truck that were tested, his father, Hank, puts his arm around his wife Mary. #Bosma

Mary Bosma, Tim's mother, briefly rests her head on her husband Hank's shoulder. #Bosma

Rearview mirror, where fingerprints were found, was cut out of truck #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Det. McLellan says after forensics was finished with truck, it was locked up and left in secured police facility parking lot #Bosma

I'm pretty certain this eliminates the stabbing theories going around

Not necessarily. Both a gun or guns, and/or a knife, screwdriver or whatever, could have been used. The sheer volume and distribution of blood is consistent with bleeding from a major artery or slash wound, less so from a point-blank gunshot to the back of the head. Without a body, however, puncture or slash wounds cannot be proven, while the Crown seems confident they can prove gunshot(s) were the cause of death.

The amount of blood on the underside and tires makes me wonder if the perps tried to run over the body, perhaps to make it easier to fit into the Eliminator. Ghastly thought, but again impossible to prove one way or another.

If by chance the first shot did not subdue their passenger as expected, and they had only one gun between them, it's not inconceivable that the other intervened with something like a Scout knife or screwdriver. That could have been what they were doing in the hay field. For sure, since one of the perps got out of the truck and drove the vehicle following, the worst of the mayhem had already taken place. They tossed Tim's phone in Brantford not long afterward.

McLellen now talking about how the truck was sealed up after it was all examined.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

All the other windows in the truck were down. Police used "special gloves" as to not cut their hands to take the glass out.
by Adam Carter 11:03 AM

In the now infamous photo of Tim's truck sitting on the green tarp (the one on page one of this thread) it is clear that the windows were up. At least the driver's window is (based on the reflection of lights in it.) So all of the windows were put down at a later time. (between when that photo was taken at the hangar to when police found it in the trailer.)

The report was just marked as an exhibit - that means we should get all these photos of the truck today.
by Adam Carter 11:14 AM

Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay now cross examining.
by Adam Carter 11:14 AM

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
As the detective lists all the areas of the Bosma's truck that were tested, his father, Hank, puts his arm around his wife Mary. #Bosma

Mary Bosma, Tim's mother, briefly rests her head on her husband Hank's shoulder. #Bosma

This is incredibly sad. I can't even fathom it.

A leather couch, a computer desk, two mattresses, a backpack, and a box of papers also found inside the trailer, Pillay says, cataloging its contents aside from the truck.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

I wonder if we will hear that Tim's blood was found in the driver seat of the Yukon and that is how they determined only 2 people. This sounds awfully messy surely blood was transferred elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now seeing a picture - we can see the couch, mattresses and computer stand.
by Adam Carter 11:18 AM

These looked like personal items - Pillay asks, and he asks if those items could also be tested for DNA or identifying markers. She says yes. Pillay also asks if those items were swabbed for DNA or taped for hair and fibre - she says no. Just one test for fingerprints.
by Adam Carter 11:19 AM

23 fingerprints were lifted from the truck, McLellen says.
by Adam Carter 11:20 AM

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Police tested items for fingerprints but nothing else. @CHCHNews #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 54s55 seconds ago
Found fingerprints on large truck battery inside trailer. Nothing else swabbed, she says under cross by Pillay, lawyer for Millard.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
No further testing done on those items (P asks)? McLellan agrees no--were incl. in fingerprint test but not examined individually. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal