Bosma Murder Trial 02.16.16 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2zpquc8.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HcLKBpswT4aEswVnRPbTVmbjQ/view?pref=2&pli=1

This picture is of the winch but I wanted to point out that this area is the front of the trailer which is a smaller storage area that sits on top of the vehicle that is towing it (think bed area in a camper trailer). You can see the furniture in question stored up in this area of the trailer. It's probably been in there for quite some time.

MOO

<rsbm>

I've had them on a couple of my jeeps. It's called a "hidden hitch". There's no actual ball involved as in a ball hitch, but there's a bar that slides into the square receptacle that we see, and then a steel pin is inserted through both parts horizontally to keep the two parts together.

"Hidden Hitch" is a brand name. The ball bolts to the bar that you refer to.

The device on the door is a backup camera. The trailer wiring plug is the round cap to the left of the license plate.

"Hidden Hitch" is a brand name. The ball bolts to the bar that you refer to.

The device on the door is a backup camera. The trailer wiring plug is the round cap to the left of the license plate.

You're right, and apologies ... I don't have a hitch on my current jeep, and forgot that the ball exists on the receiver type hitches as well.

ETA: The cap to the left of the plate is what I was referring to as the plug-in.

Note to self: Do not argue car parts with a poster named "muddy tires" ;)

Thanks..I had missed that angle..I saw it from the drivers door and just looked like my cell phone charger hanging down. This one has me curious as well. I'll ask my guys at work tomorrow if they know.

The switch thing could be the switch to put it into 4wheel drive? The cords could be anything.. what is that thing sitting there, is it a tablet of some kind? Wires could be for phone chargers, or plugging something in electrically.. or GPS.. radar detector.. ?

What if one or both are innocent ? The trial has only just began.

I'm curious to know what one could even possibly be guessing could have happened with these 2 accuseds that would have them innocent, even with just the evidence presented thus far? That is assuming that the Crown is correct in stating that TB's blood was identified as being present on the incinerator. We already know that DM's prints were in TB's vehicle, and where the vehicle was found. What would be the reason for DM's prints being on TB's vehicle, and DM lugging TB's vehicle in his trailer to his mother's house? TB is dead. He never came home after test driving with 2 men. To me, the evidence we're hearing each day is completely overwhelming, and I can't even *think* of a way that at least DM could possibly be innocent. I would love to hear any theories on that though.

I was thinking.. hmm.. what if... DM and MS were on the test drive, and purchased the vehicle, let TB out of the vehicle, and whatever happened to TB after that is completely unknown to DM and MS. But as soon as I thought of that, I thought, okay, so then where is the Ram's ownership signed over by TB to DM? Where is the receipt for the monies paid for the truck, signed by TB? Where are DM's bank records to show he either took out $24000 cash or wrote a cheque for approximately that amount? And if TB was fine when he said thank you for buying my truck.. then why is TB's blood in the truck, and why is TB's blood and bones in DM's incinerator on DM's property?

Nothing works. But jeez, I personally would hate to see innocent men waste away in prison for 25 years if they are innocent, so as mentioned, I would *love* to hear anyone's theory on how they could *possibly* be innocent.

29g0d4m.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HcLKBpswT4UDdFTW1nZXA2REE/view?pref=2&pli=1

How could a cop even tell if he had the proper licensing sticker? What is that thing that looks like it has a soldered wire into back door near the plate? There is no regular ball hitch, is that some kind of hitch on it? And the duct tape holding the lights in is a nice touch.

MOO

Red Green came to mind in a couple of photo of the Yukon. Duct tape on the bottom of driver's side door and duct tape on the tail light and the wiring mess. MOO.

That's a lot of GSR in the rear area of the truck.

Not necessarily. The slides say 'testing for', not that it was necessarily present for sure, nor in which quantities.

Crown's opening statement:

"Significant amounts of gunshot residue
were found on the inside of the truck, with
especially high concentrations in the front seat
area, both passenger side ceiling and driver’s
side ceiling."

Because the truck cab in a relatively small area, there is bound to be GSR all over the place since shot in small quarters.. but Crown is stating there were 'especially high concentrations' in the front area ceiling. That leads me to suspect that the gun when it fired, was closest to the front area. MOO

263ecdu.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HcLKBpswT4aEswVnRPbTVmbjQ/view?pref=2&pli=1

My question about the 3 bench seat being burned has finally been answered. This was the front seats and console which were all welded together as one bench unit. The back seat was not removed. While there was some blood splatter found there, the seats were light gray so there is no way that TB was ever put in the back seat of the vehicle. And by the size and shape of this seat, I don't think it was placed in the incinerator. And if it was, at the hangar, LE would know it by the video surveillance.

MOO

The multiple trips to the farmland and the alleged scorched ground stands to reason where the seats were burned. MOO.

Regarding the fingerprints, Pillay was questioning the prints that weren't linked to DM. I haven't found what answers were given to his questions, or if no answers were provided. Anyone see any more about this?

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...shot-residue-shown-to-jury-in-tim-bosma-trial

It seems like whoever the other 21 potentially viable prints were from, doesn't really matter, imho. The Crown seems to have overwhelming circumstantial and direct evidence to suggest that DM and MS were together and with TB and his truck on that fateful night. Other prints could have belonged to Tom, Dick, Larry, Harry and Mo, but since they didn't own the incinerator where TB's blood was reportedly found, along with what appeared to be an entire set of incinerated human bones still in the bottom, and TB's truck wasn't found at one of *their* houses, and there doesn't seem to be video of them driving to one of *their* properties in TB's truck only hours after he was last seen, and etc etc etc etc etc etc, is it even important who the other prints belonged to?

For me, it would be interesting to know, but if the prints were put through some kind of electronic system that didn't find matches to other than TB, should they spend time and resources on trying to figure it out? And if so, for what reason? DM's prints have absolutely no reason for being anywhere near TB's truck, unless he was there that night. They did not know of one another before this truck buying escapade. TB's blood has absolutely no reason for being on DM's incinerator found on his Ayr property.

The defense may be trying to confuse what is important with meaningless sidesteps for obvious reasons, but in the end, I'll love to hear the explanation for how DM's prints flew onto TB's truck, and how TB's truck ended up in DM's trailer on DM's mother's property, and how TB's blood ended up on DM's incinerator. If they can come up with viable answers to those things, then the other 21 potentially viable prints might need to be more closely investigated. MOO

The multiple trips to the farmland and the alleged scorched ground stands to reason where the seats were burned. MOO.

I can't see that being the case, if the seats were torched between the night of May 6th and when they were discovered at MB's property a few days later.... unless neighbours of the Ayr property reported noticing a fire, or the smell of burning, etc. Police started searching the property fairly soon after TB's disappearance, so I think it would have been fresh in their minds if neighbouring properties had seen or smelled anything burning.

I can't find any specs for how large the opening is on the SN500, or how large the heating chamber is, has that ever been found?

When I look at the photos released during Day #9 of the DM/MS trial, I am having difficulty believing that what is shown in the photos are of the same truck that was shown all shiny and bright just hours earlier. For example.. it looks like there is a fair bit of rust in all sorts of places (tail gate, underneath, bottom of front passenger door, etc.). Can some truck people take a look at today's photos to see if they jive with what you would expect TB's truck to look like, as shown in the photo AJ took just hours earlier, if all of the trim pieces had been removed? Do trucks really rust that quickly? The vehicle was only 6 years old! I have no clue, but would feel more comfortable if someone who knows about these trucks could verify that it looks like the same truck? TY!

Obviously they must sell some. My guess would be to large livestock feedlots or that kind of thing. Not Joe Farmer with his 100 head of cattle. There would be no return on investment. I would be curious to know actual sale numbers if that's the kind of thing we could track down....the way some people are talking this is typical farm equipment....like a tractor.....in my opinion.....it's not.

ETA: musicaljoke beat me to it.....
I can see a real use for this type of equipment in the large poultry operations where they're turning over thousands of birds in a 6 week time span. it would be efficient and cut down on transmission of diseases within flocks. MOO

When I look at the photos released during Day #9 of the DM/MS trial, I am having difficulty believing that what is shown in the photos are of the same truck that was shown all shiny and bright just hours earlier. For example.. it looks like there is a fair bit of rust in all sorts of places (tail gate, underneath, bottom of front passenger door, etc.). Can some truck people take a look at today's photos to see if they jive with what you would expect TB's truck to look like, as shown in the photo AJ took just hours earlier, if all of the trim pieces had been removed? Do trucks really rust that quickly? The vehicle was only 6 years old! I have no clue, but would feel more comfortable if someone who knows about these trucks could verify that it looks like the same truck? TY!

I know what you mean, however it was the same truck. AJ took a photo of the VIN and verified with LE.

It seems like whoever the other 21 potentially viable prints were from, doesn't really matter, imho. The Crown seems to have overwhelming circumstantial and direct evidence to suggest that DM and MS were together and with TB and his truck on that fateful night. Other prints could have belonged to Tom, Dick, Larry, Harry and Mo, but since they didn't own the incinerator where TB's blood was reportedly found, along with what appeared to be an entire set of incinerated human bones still in the bottom, and TB's truck wasn't found at one of *their* houses, and there doesn't seem to be video of them driving to one of *their* properties in TB's truck only hours after he was last seen, and etc etc etc etc etc etc, is it even important who the other prints belonged to?

For me, it would be interesting to know, but if the prints were put through some kind of electronic system that didn't find matches to other than TB, should they spend time and resources on trying to figure it out? And if so, for what reason? DM's prints have absolutely no reason for being anywhere near TB's truck, unless he was there that night. They did not know of one another before this truck buying escapade. TB's blood has absolutely no reason for being on DM's incinerator found on his Ayr property.

The defense may be trying to confuse what is important with meaningless sidesteps for obvious reasons, but in the end, I'll love to hear the explanation for how DM's prints flew onto TB's truck, and how TB's truck ended up in DM's trailer on DM's mother's property, and how TB's blood ended up on DM's incinerator. If they can come up with viable answers to those things, then the other 21 potentially viable prints might need to be more closely investigated. MOO

So, just because they found two belonging to DM, they should quit analyzing the prints?? Those 21 prints should matter to the trial and the question should have been answered. Perhaps some only care that DM was there and is found guilty, but if I was family of the victim, I would want to know that every person involved in this was going to be caught and punished.

I seem to remember something about two bones and a tooth. Would you have a link to the resource stating they found an "entire set of incinerated human bones still in the bottom" of the incinerator? I personally think that even one bone is enough, but would still be interested in the evidence of the entire set being found. TIA

As was pointed out by a previous poster these are the locations where samples were taken to test for GSR. We haven't heard testimony yet as to where significant amounts were found.

I think the OP may have misinterpreted the slide show......IMO those are the areas that were tested for GSR......

Not necessarily. The slides say 'testing for', not that it was necessarily present for sure, nor in which quantities.

Crown's opening statement:

"Significant amounts of gunshot residue
were found on the inside of the truck, with
especially high concentrations in the front seat
area, both passenger side ceiling and driver’s
side ceiling."

Because the truck cab in a relatively small area, there is bound to be GSR all over the place since shot in small quarters.. but Crown is stating there were 'especially high concentrations' in the front area ceiling. That leads me to suspect that the gun when it fired, was closest to the front area. MOO

I disagree with the other poster's opinion. If the other fingerprints were not important enough to be analyzed or submitted as evidence, why would the Crown enter as evidence a list of areas that were tested but found NO gun shot residue.

The afternoon evidence followed a lengthy catalogue of blood stains and gun shot residue found in Bosma’s truck, the jury heard.

Det.-Const. Laura McLellan, an identification officer with Halton Regional Police, showed the jury photos of many stains throughout the inside and outside of Bosma’s truck taht field-tested positive for blood and gunshot residue.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/key-to-tim-bosmas-truck-found-in-suspects-suv-police

IIRC, it has been stated that only those 2 prints were suitable for comparison. Not that they "ran" the other prints and didn't find hits. So 21 prints that could be DM's, MS's, TB's or Tom, Dick, Larry or Mo......but we will never know because they couldn't be compared.....if I understood the testimony correctly.

When these pics were taken it wasn't the 6th or 7th of May. I think he was arrested on the 10th.

There is nothing suggesting the truck was ever driven anywhere but up on to a trailer after the the night of the 6/7th of May. So it makes sense that the climate controls would have still been set for the night the truck was taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214