Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Officer Banks took notes. He retired, is in Florida, Dungey says. Pillay has an objection. Jury dismissed for lunch.

I believe with regard to the shell casing that notes showed it was not found on first inspection of the back seat of the truck, but became dislodged through movement of the seat/panels while testing was being done. Does anyone else remember this? (I'm on my phone so difficult to search.)

Always fascinating when the "grasping at straws" comes into play. I am so sure airborne contaminants got in there and disrupted the never-ending number of blood samples. (eyes rolling/sarcasm) MOO

I'm guessing airborne contaminants are not what the defense is really talking about JMO

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Dungey: would it take a lot of effort to take apart car.
M: I guess so.
D: what do you mean I guess so, I'm asking you to use common sense

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
McLellan using a former (now retired) colleague's notes from that day. Dungey says he was the one who was supposed to testify

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 56s57 seconds ago
"You don't take one note," Dungey pushes. McLellan says my photographs are my notes

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
It is that officer's notes that references a shell casing found under backseat.

BBM - I thought witnesses were not asked to give opinion on the stand? She's not an expert in this matter so why is this question admissible?

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Now we're out until 2:30 p.m

I guess when there is a mountain of evidence, including cell phone records and DNA, against your client, challenging a police officer for not taking notes is your best hope. As she said, those 666 photos probably do a pretty nice job of helping with her recollection. It's amazing what one vacation photo from when I was 19 can do for my memory, and that was more than....let's just say quite some time ago. ;) MOO

Man. There's GSR is the truck. That's the point. We know generally where it was found. GMAB.

Generally doesn't really help, especially if they missed areas. Dabs the size of a loonie are rather random to say the very least. IMO

Dungey now asking about when the officers had to get a key made and go through the side door of the trailer to put the new key inside the ignition because the wheels were locked.
by Adam Carter 12:16 PM

Pillay and Dungey really pressing this police witness. First time we've seen them cross examine this hard.
by Adam Carter 12:19 PM

I think he is trying to suggest that residue was moved by the person putting keys in the ignition, which could actually mess up their whole residue evidence IMO.

Is it common practice to videotape the forensic investigation? I can understand taking photos throughout the process, which they did when they documented the blood, etc. But actually videotaping the investigators doing their work?

It would definitely help their case, I wonder why they didn't do it !!

Generally doesn't really help, especially if they missed areas. Dabs the size of a loonie are rather random to say the very least. IMO
Definitely some good effort went into getting the truck into the trailer to begin with plus loading it up with lots of other interesting stuff. IIRC, they've already mentioned that the bullet had been dislodged from someplace in previous testimony. To this point, finger print evidence shows DM in the truck, but I don't recall anything so far indicating MS was. MOO

Well according to the witness on the stand...no. But it appears that these defense lawyers think that everything LE do should be on video because they are all corrupt?

MOO

If that possibility is not brought into the trial, it can't be brought in later at appeal, from what I understand. I also think so far ,both defense lawyers are raising valid points.

Maybe they think police investigation should be a reality show? They are really grasping at straws.

In the name of justice, full disclosure should be of most importance to any accused, and to the public. MOO

It would definitely help their case, I wonder why they didn't do it !!

The investigator said video taping wasn't standard practice and IIRC, the forensics on the truck didn't happen over an afternoon. IMO, video taping would be nice but is it practicable or necessary to prove the evidence they have obtained under standard and accepted forensic collection procedures? MOO

Definitely some good effort went into getting the truck into the trailer to begin with plus loading it up with lots of other interesting stuff. IIRC, they've already mentioned that the bullet had been dislodged from someplace in previous testimony. To this point, finger print evidence shows DM in the truck, but I don't recall anything so far indicating MS was. MOO

Missing prints, video and a host of circumstantial evidence puts MS in the truck. When the circumstantial becomes corroborated by further testimony , we may well see a very clear picture emerge. JMO

The investigator said video taping wasn't standard practice and IIRC, the forensics on the truck didn't happen over an afternoon. IMO, video taping would be nice but is it practicable or necessary to prove the evidence they have obtained under standard and accepted forensic collection procedures? MOO

Maybe so, but these days and due to the difficulty in accessing the truck , one would think they would have covered all bases and made things clear as possible, instead of as clear as mud JMO

Missing prints, video and a host of circumstantial evidence puts MS in the truck. When the circumstantial becomes corroborated by further testimony , we may well see a very clear picture emerge. JMO

BBM - missing prints?? Since when does lack of evidence prove he was there? That is illogical. MOO I believe he likely was in the truck.....but IMO the lack of his prints does not prove that

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Defense tried getting all of this evidence thrown out pre-trial due to errors in "police procedures." If this is the best they got.... MOO

Errors in police procedure can mean a lot more than being 'all the defense has' IMHO.

Whaaat? MS' prints not being on Tim's truck somehow puts MS in the truck???
And what video is there of MS being in the truck?

I completely agree that MS was in Tim's truck. Just trying to wrap my mind around how you've dismissed all of the evidence we've heard so far in this trial, and yet the absence of evidence (MS prints) somehow puts MS in Tim's truck.

ETA: RandomName, I see we were posting the same thoughts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot