Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
McLellan explaining cramped quarters made video difficult. "We chose not to do it." She does not seem flustered by Dungey. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Lots of shifting in seats, tension extremely high in the courtroom #MillardSmich #Bosma

Dungey now asking about when the officers had to get a key made and go through the side door of the trailer to put the new key inside the ignition because the wheels were locked.
by Adam Carter 12:16 PM

Pillay and Dungey really pressing this police witness. First time we've seen them cross examine this hard.
by Adam Carter 12:19 PM

Maybe one of the police guns went off while turning the steering wheel? Pfffttttt

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 35s36 seconds ago
Looking at photos to determine which door of trailer officer went through to put key in truck ignition. #Bosma

I don't think police procedures are going to be the "smoking gun" of reasonable doubt here but I guess that's all these lawyers have?

MOO

Dungey now asking about the police statement that they went in through one side door to get to the cab and put the key in the ignition. "Contrary to the evidence, if he went in to that door, he would be in the back of the trailer." Dungey says. "If you open that door, you couldn't possibly reach the cab."
by Adam Carter 12:21 PM

This is the door on the left side of the trailer from the back. Dungey asking why no photos were taken of the officer actually going through the side door to unlock the truck and put the key in the ignition. "We don't take action photos of what we're doing," McLellan says. "It would have been great assistance here, would it not?" Dungey says. "I suppose it would," she responds.
by Adam Carter 12:23 PM

The point Dungey is making is that he doesn't think the officer who went into the trailer through a side door would be able to get to the cab at all. "It only hits the back of the truck, not the cab," he says. McLellan says she believes it's closer to the back of the cab.
by Adam Carter 12:25 PM

Is it common practice to videotape the forensic investigation? I can understand taking photos throughout the process, which they did when they documented the blood, etc. But actually videotaping the investigators doing their work?

Is it common practice to videotape the forensic investigation? I can understand taking photos throughout the process, which they did when they documented the blood, etc. But actually videotaping the investigators doing their work?

Well according to the witness on the stand...no. But it appears that these defense lawyers think that everything LE do should be on video because they are all corrupt?

MOO

"This is one of these cases where if we had a video or you'd taken a photo of when this is going on, this wouldn't be an issue." Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 12:26 PM

Dungey says getting into the cab in the way the police had described would be "almost impossible."
by Adam Carter 12:27 PM

"You made no notes as to everything that transpired." Dungey now asks. "I have no notes written in a notebook," she says.
by Adam Carter 12:27 PM

"Everything you've testified today is three years later," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 12:28 PM

Did we hear earlier that there were 7 police officers there for this examination? Are we going to hear from all 7?

Maybe they think police investigation should be a reality show? They are really grasping at straws.

Dungey asks if the officer who got into the trailer when it was in Millard's mother's driveway could have contaminated the scene. "I guess it could, yes," she says.
by Adam Carter 12:29 PM

Just get the person who went into the truck. JMO

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
"It didn't happen that way, why don't you just admit it?" shouts Dungey. "Am I testifying?" says McLellan angrily. She has no notes.

He's pressing now about gunshot residue and if it could have been coming from an officer's weapon.
by Adam Carter 12:30 PM

She says on the day they're speaking about now, the officer who reached into the truck was wearing a white suit over it.
by Adam Carter 12:30 PM

"As I've said, generally we don't take video of ourselves." McLellan says. "There's nothing to corroborate what you said," Dungey says. "We have no video - we just have your testimony, three years later, and no notes."
by Adam Carter 12:32 PM

"That's correct," she says.
by Adam Carter 12:32 PM

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 5m5 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Dungey hammering McLellan on not making notes. @CHCHNews #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 4m4 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sharlene Bosma is looking down, holding her face in her hands #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Dungey fully yelling now, arguing there wouldn't be any debate had they videotaped the whole examination. #Bosma

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 4m4 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Dungey arguing that truck was not removed in the way McLellan testified. @CHCHNews #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Dungey: "we have no video. We just have your testimony 3 years later, no notes." McLellan (who has a colleague's notes) agrees. #Bosma

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Defense tried getting all of this evidence thrown out pre-trial due to errors in "police procedures." If this is the best they got.... MOO

"You're going to hear from another officer ... that on the Yukon truck there was a bunch of keys on the seat, and one of the keys was the key to the Bosma truck," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 12:34 PM

He's talking about Millard's Yukon.
by Adam Carter 12:35 PM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"There's nothing to corroborate what you say. Just your testimony, 3 yrs later, no notes. Correct?" Dungey to forensics officer. #Bosma

***Doesn't she have 666 pictures to corroborate?

Dungey is jumping ahead of the evidence now??? WTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot