Bosma Murder Trial 02.24.16 - Day 14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, unlikely to be significant, but AMD is also a manufacturer of PC parts, including the kind of video cards/GPUs you need for serious computer gaming. Was SS one of DM's Steam buddies?

When I saw AMDShane, I figured it probably meant that *that* particular email address was associated with a specific computer, that being an AMD computer. (As opposed to having 'Intel inside', it likely had an 'AMD' chip). Not that an email isn't retrievable from wherever, but that particular computer may have had that email set up on its outlook account. MOO. No idea why they wouldn't have each had an official MillardAirMRO email account.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...basic-differences-between-intel-and-amd-cpus/

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
First witness today is Barry Stoltz. #bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 8m8 minutes ago
Stoltz 15 years as police officer. May 7, 2013 was detective constable, Criminal Investigation Branch, @HamiltonPolice mountain station.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7m7 minutes ago
*advertiser censored*'t Crown Tony Leitch getting approval for officer to look at his notes. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
Stoltz started shift at 7 am. Briefing on Tim #Bosma missing person investigation.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
Finished meeting at 7:30 am. At 9:12 am had briefing with @HamiltonPolice homicide unit about #Bosma. Finished at 9:44 am.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
He was tasked with following up with rep from Kijiji and check for a video. At 10:48 am he was at Ancaster Fairgrounds checking for video.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Was no video at fairgrounds. Then went to SuperSucker, also Ancaster. Manager said they had surveillance video, but it was 3 hours behind.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Pulled up video for 6 pm to 6:49 pm.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Camera operated on a motion detector. At 18:20 a black pick-up was northbound past building. Corrected time would be 9:20 pm.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 57s58 seconds ago
Truck followed by a second vehicle. Got manager to burn him copy of video.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7s8 seconds ago
At 2:30 pm Stoltz called him and said he had video on a data stock. Went and got it at 4:15 pm. At 7:46 pm he reviewed video.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
At 18:20:31 truck enters video, second video right after. Adjusted time is 9:20:31 pm. Gave copy to Det. Pacey.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
He seized the video from SuperSuckers, on a data stick. Reviewed it again back at police station. 2 vehicles were 2 secs apart. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Those times, adjusted, are 9:20:31 and 9:20:33 pm, he says. #Bosma

Something to ponder....On Feb 8 Mr. Bullman testified that he saw 2 vehicles leave the entrance to his fathers farm and they headed west on Book Rd, crossing Trinity Rd, towards Brantford.

Today we learn the video shows the 2 vehicles heading north on Trinity past Super Suckers. Something doesn't seem right about this. Did they head west down Book Road, turn around, get back to Trinity, and then head north?

Do not sleuth family or friends. Pics and links to non-MSM or LE social media are not permitted.

Please familiarize yourselves with WS social media rules found here.

Something to ponder....On Feb 8 Mr. Bullman testified that he saw 2 vehicles leave the entrance to his fathers farm and they headed west on Book Rd, crossing Trinity Rd, towards Brantford.

Today we learn the video shows the 2 vehicles heading north on Trinity past Super Suckers. Something doesn't seem right about this. Did they head west down Book Road, turn around, get back to Trinity, and then head north?

Good catch!

As I heard this today I thought the same thing. I doesn't make sense knowing the area. Unless they panicked and went a way they weren't familiar with then turned around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, that's a tactical move from his (MS) defense. Igor said smaller guy was quite like a fish. Igor also testified that taller guy did the talking. Igor also said taller guy also looked at the shorter guy he made the army comment (in my opinion to indicate "abort"). So implying MS just went along to check out a truck his friend planned on buying
Just thinking out loud here. By admitting being present at the test drive with Igor, MS is perhaps warning DM that if DM tried to put the blame on him, he will be willing to spill the beans as well. In my opinion

May be speculation, but also a pretty safe bet IMO. Probably worked out better for WM to pay his alimony out of company expenses rather than out of his own pocket.

Did MB have shares in MillardAir?

When police were surveilling MS, they saw him walking a dog more than once. I wonder if it was DM's dog Pedo. We never did learn what became of him.

Can you link to that witness testimony that identifies MS as the person that went on the test drive with TB? I do not believe SB or the tenant (forgot his name) were able to identify MS in a police line up (or that police tried). The only person to identify MS at this point is one of the other truck owners.

During SB's testimony, which can be found in trial thread one I believe, she was asked if she had ever seen either either of the two accused prior to May 6, 2013. She indicated she had not, which also implies that she did see them on May 6th, 2013. She was not asked to specifically point out and identify the accused as she is not a personal friend or member of LE so she cannot absolutely state that these are the men who came to her door. She can only imply that she believes they were based on her memory of their appearance.

I suppose it's up to the jury to decide if they want to use this witness testimony as proof it was MS. Something tells me that as the trial progresses, however, they're going to have more proof that it was him so based on a preponderance of the evidence that will be presented to indicate that it was him, I don't think they'll have much reasonable doubt that it wasn't.

MOO

When police were surveilling MS, they saw him walking a dog more than once. I wonder if it was DM's dog Pedo. We never did learn what became of him.

I believe it was MS's own dog.

I caught that too but then got distracted by all the discussion surrounding note taking and the timing.

If the witness saw them going west on Book Road I really don't know how they ended up going north again on Trinity. It doesn't make sense

we did not know that MM was arrested until today either though so you never know.

That's true. I suppose I should have said he wasn't actually charged with anything to plea a deal out of? :waitasec:

MOO

Can someone provide a link to Mr. Bullman's testimony that they actually crossed Trinity Road?

Isn't it possible to pull out the entire dash and then swap VINs? I assume that would take a lot more time and effort though, hence why the windshield removal kit was ordered.

I think the day SS got the kit is the same day DM called the body shop about getting the truck in to be painted from black to red.

so they jump from Smich arrest no mug shot no details no nothing to Millard Air book keeper? so strange

Think of it as a bit of a mystery tour ....don't know where we are headed but by now you've already figured out that this is one hell of a ride. :wagon:

We just need to be a little patient, trust the Crown and let's see wher it all takes us :)

I think I saw a couple posts mentioning that the officer doing surveillance on Smich was asked what he was wearing at the time of arrest and there were a few jokes about that. But that actually doesn't surprise me.

I once had to do a video statement about something I witnessed during a civilian ridealong and they asked what the officer was wearing when the incident took place (a police uniform) and what kind of vehicle he was driving (a police car). I have to admit, both questions caught me a bit off guard and I stared at the interviewer for a second trying to figure out if they were trick questions.

Good point and a bit of a head scratcher for me too lanman .... my best guess is thus: ... the hayfield where the Yukon was parked is slightly East on Book Road , and when the two vehicles exited they would have to travel (a short) distance West to Trinity , and maybe that is the only portion the witness saw .... but yes , like you , I originally took it to mean they continued to travel West down Book until out of sight.

ps: I wonder if we will ever hear about the woodchipper ... you brought it up 3 years ago and I think you are correct ... it is the same model as the stolen one from Oakville. Thanks.

Can someone provide a link to Mr. Bullman's testimony that they actually crossed Trinity Road?

Feb 8 2016 11:59 AMThat night he saw two vehicles pull out of his father's place -- a dark truck and a second vehicle pulling out right behind it. "I thought that was odd," Bullman says. The vehicles went down Book Road towards Brantford that night, he says. This is from Adam Carter's CBC LIVE BLOG.

I don't think you can technically CROSS Trinity Road. Trinity runs North South. Book ends at Trinity.

The scenario I had after testimony was that they pulled out of the Bosma house onto Trinity, drove north, turned onto Book and into the laneway of hayfield. From there they pull out back onto Book heading west.

How do they end up back on Trinity by 9:20 heading north?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member