Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury in at 11 am today, from Twitter Clairmont

Good point(s)! Could it be possible that if the chop shop theory is inadmissible, it could be because neither defendant ran the chop shop? Could it have been someone else's business? Could that be what the bookkeeper meant by it not having been rented out for planes?

Although now that I think about it, why would people running a chop shop be buying parts every day, wouldn't they be selling parts instead? Wouldn't they have more parts than they could get rid of, not the other way around? Does Napa buy used parts from people, does anyone know?

UAP/NAPA is not in the habit of buying used parts. They sell new aftermarket parts

At the time when he said it.. he guessed at the 500m that the trucks travelled down Book Rd before he lost sight of them.. it was said to be because of dipping in the road/hilly.. does anyone happen to know if the road (Book Rd) would dip about 500m past the intersection at Trinity, so that one wouldn't be able to see vehicles on the road any more? Or conversely, would one be able to see about the same distance on Trinity Rd (500m) before dipping out of sight from the intersection's perspective?

On Google maps it looks to me like the lane way is only 20 metres from the intersection. So he should have been able to see if they crossed Trinity.

UAP/NAPA is not in the habit of buying used parts. They sell new aftermarket parts

Thanks for that info.

So I thought the point of a chop shop was to take parts off of stolen vehicles and sell them, not to spend money buying extra parts for them. What kind of a chop shop could they have had then? Especially if they had never taken off a windshield to remove a VIN before. Some witnesses just give me more questions than answers.

My opinion only.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1 Min.Vor 1 Minute
#TimBosma we r back for legal arguments. Packed house today! We r learning the financial status of Millardair.@AM900CHML

Would DM have been paying for all 3? (DM, SS, AM?)

PS The exchange rate was pretty much on par back on May 6 2013.

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/exchange/cad-usd-rate-lookup/

I did post up back on around page 14 of the list of fees for BAJA races. As I mentioned then, the fees have not changed since 2007 to 2013. It's nowhere near 18k! And the gas would not be 10k to get there and back...unless his truck was super terrible on gas! Then it was food and hotel on that!

Here is the actual 2013 race fees. Again, not much difference from year to year.
https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1254312

As for paying for all 3, I think IMO the yellow Jeep was the only qualified Jeep to run this race....in a low level class. The puke green Jeep was not looking like a race or off roader to me. Even paying for 3 classes still would not be 18k.

Good point(s)! Could it be possible that if the chop shop theory is inadmissible, it could be because neither defendant ran the chop shop? Could it have been someone else's business? Could that be what the bookkeeper meant by it not having been rented out for planes?

Although now that I think about it, why would people running a chop shop be buying parts every day, wouldn't they be selling parts instead? Wouldn't they have more parts than they could get rid of, not the other way around? Does Napa buy used parts from people, does anyone know?

If the chop shop is inadmissible, its because nobody has been tried or convicted of anything. Just like they can't use any LB evidence in this case.

Seems like they were buying tools and refinishing supplies from NAPA. There are different ways to run a chop shop, and its not always just selling the vehicle for parts. More profitable to buy a cheap wrecked vehicle, say with a blown motor/transmission. You steal the donor vehicle and transfer the drive train in to the legal car. Now you have a full valued vehicle with a clean VIN. Then you sell off the remaining parts of the donor car. But who knows, Im speculating.

I did post up back on around page 14 of the list of fees for BAJA races. As I mentioned then, the fees have not changed since 2007 to 2013. It's nowhere near 18k! And the gas would not be 10k to get there and back...unless his truck was super terrible on gas! Then it was food and hotel on that!

Here is the actual 2013 race fees. Again, not much difference from year to year.
https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1254312

As for paying for all 3, I think IMO the yellow Jeep was the only qualified Jeep to run this race....in a low level class. The puke green Jeep was not looking like a race or off roader to me. Even paying for 3 classes still would not be 18k.

Adrian HumphreysVerified account ‏@AD_Humphreys 20h20 hours ago
Bookkeeper says Dellen Millard talked about entering another Baja desert race in Mexico. Entry fee is $18k, fuel about $7k plus food, hotel.

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 20h20 hours ago
The fuel cost was around $10,000, Williams says, after looking at her witness statement. #HamOnt #TimBosma #Bosma

1z1emv6.png

https://twitter.com/nationalpost?lang=en

I'm not personally seeing chop shop in either hangar. I'm seeing spoiled, overindulged rich kid who liked to play with cars and trucks/trailers who buys/steals beaters to fix up for fun and maybe profit. Who also developed an expensive habit for racing. But without any mechanical ability, he has to hire friends who do have it to play with him. Maybe they sold the cars once they fixed them up? I think SS had a real presence on the web for selling stuff, including vehicles. I think I saw an ad for a fixed up old Camaro he was selling in January so it does look like it's "business as usual" for him anyway. If the original car was stolen, not sure you'd call that a chop shop though? And if it wasn't? Then I guess you'd call it a "business"? And I don't see any real "volume" turn overs. Just one or two in the shop at any given time to "work on".

But that's just my personal opinion.

Thanks for that info.

So I thought the point of a chop shop was to take parts off of stolen vehicles and sell them, not to spend money buying extra parts for them. What kind of a chop shop could they have had then? Especially if they had never taken off a windshield to remove a VIN before. Some witnesses just give me more questions than answers.

My opinion only.

Well when you purchase VIN plates from wreckers, those get replace into the stolen vehicle. It's possible they did have one and lost it or wore it out? As we know DM was a pig!

I'll repost the forensic Vin for anyone that missed it. Was a great read.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Q2...I#v=onepage&q=changing windshield Vin&f=false

A chop shop will replace parts that need to be replaced in order to sell the vehicle. As we know, things break down on vehicles. They are not just stealing for the parts only.

If the chop shop is inadmissible, its because nobody has been tried or convicted of anything. Just like they can't use any LB evidence in this case.

Seems like they were buying tools and refinishing supplies from NAPA. There are different ways to run a chop shop, and its not always just selling the vehicle for parts. More profitable to buy a cheap wrecked vehicle, say with a blown motor/transmission. You steal the donor vehicle and transfer the drive train in to the legal car. Now you have a full valued vehicle with a clean VIN. Then you sell off the remaining parts of the donor car. But who knows, Im speculating.

I too, speculate about whitewashing vehicles, plus chopping.

Adrian HumphreysVerified account ‏@AD_Humphreys 20h20 hours ago
Bookkeeper says Dellen Millard talked about entering another Baja desert race in Mexico. Entry fee is $18k, fuel about $7k plus food, hotel.

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 20h20 hours ago
The fuel cost was around $10,000, Williams says, after looking at her witness statement. #HamOnt #TimBosma #Bosma

The numbers the bookkeeper quoted and the actual numbers are so far off, can someone who know how to work Twitter ask the reports there if she actually said eighteen thousand or if she said eighteen hundred and they added an extra zero when they were tweeting.

Well when you purchase VIN plates from wreckers, those get replace into the stolen vehicle. It's possible they did have one and lost it or wore it out? As we know DM was a pig!

I'll repost the forensic Vin for anyone that missed it. Was a great read.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Q2...I#v=onepage&q=changing windshield Vin&f=false

A chop shop will replace parts that need to be replaced in order to sell the vehicle. As we know, things break down on vehicles. They are not just stealing for the parts only.

But if you're going to go through the bother and risk of stealing cars, why steal lemons you're going to have to fix up?

Also, I think only shady auto wreckers would allow you to just buy VIN plates.

My Opinion Only

The numbers the bookkeeper quoted and the actual numbers are so far off, can someone who know how to work Twitter ask the reports there if she actually said eighteen thousand or if she said eighteen hundred and they added an extra zero when they were tweeting.

She also said Millard and Schlatman were discussing "going back to do another race" in Mexico. Millard enjoyed his previous race experience so much he had the words: "Desert Baja Racing" tattooed on his arm, something the jury has seen in his arrest photos.

Racing in the Baja is not cheap. Williams told the court the entry fee alone is about $18,000, plus the cost of towing a Jeep down, gas, hotel, food ...

The jury has heard it had been suggested to Millard that he needed a diesel truck to haul a race car down to Baja, to save on fuel costs.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...-trial-hears-about-accused-killer-s-finances/

She also said Millard and Schlatman had talked about “going back to do another race” in Baja, Mexico. The Baja desert race is an off-road challenge Millard had competed in before. The jury has previously seen a photograph of Millard’s tattoo on his bicep saying “Desert Baja Racing.”

She said the entry fee alone for the race was $18,000, and there would be large expenses for gas for towing a Jeep to Mexico in a trailer, hotel and food on the journey.

http://www.canada.com/news/national...+surveillance+week+before/11741892/story.html

But if you're going to go through the bother and risk of stealing cars, why steal lemons you're going to have to fix up?

Also, I think only shady auto wreckers would allow you to just buy VIN plates.

My Opinion Only

I'm guessing the stolen vehicles each had something important he needed, regardless if they were lemons.

CM was into refurbishing vintage cars and I wonder if some of that was going on with DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesrobert