Bosma Murder Trial 02.24.16 - Day 14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She said the employees went from 14 down to one. She also said DM and MB were not registered with a job title, even though they were on the payroll.

MOO

I have worked for 2 different companies where family members were on payroll but never stepped foot on the property. So that in itself is not curious to me. Now having said that, never in those 2 companies was one of those people an EX wife..so that does make me curious.

Doesn't mean he won't be in a jumpsuit for a period of time.....even Homolka had to do some time and as I remember it, it was just enough to get out of jail with a university degree !!!!

Ain't that just special...as my daughter is paying $20G back to OSAP for her Bachelor of Science Degree

IIRC MB became an officer of Millardair after WM's death. IMHO, if that was the case, I'm thinking it was a pretty dumb move considering the liability of a Director. WM had just signed up for a 3.7 MILLION dollar loan and as we learned today, Millardair had NO business. Add onto that the fact that days of WM's death DM fired everyone, the hopes of making WM's investment in the MRO profitable became very unlikely.

Is it my imagination, or is something seriously wrong with this picture? Why in heavens name would MB, a woman who is at retirement age herself, even take on this type of liability. I'm not saying that she should only assist her son if the company was rolling in the cash but it behooves me to think that a pensioner would plop herself onto a sinking ship. IMO,it makes absolutely no sense. MOO

Didn't she become an officer of the company after DM's arrest, rather than WM's death? I thought she was appointed CEO after DM was arrested?

MOO

I hope LE got hair/dna from the dog, because MS may have left dog hairs in TB's truck, or on something found on Book Rd, Trinity Rd, or even near the incinerator.

Of course the defense would simply argue that DM just happened to take MS's dog with him on the test drive, not MS himself. Oh, and of course, MS's dog would have needed to borrow MS's cell phone that night just to check in.

Something to ponder....On Feb 8 Mr. Bullman testified that he saw 2 vehicles leave the entrance to his fathers farm and they headed west on Book Rd, crossing Trinity Rd, towards Brantford.

Today we learn the video shows the 2 vehicles heading north on Trinity past Super Suckers. Something doesn't seem right about this. Did they head west down Book Road, turn around, get back to Trinity, and then head north?

I attended court that day and heard Bullman's testimony. I can't remember if I took notes that day, but I'll look up my notes to see. I do recall him saying they travelled on Book Road towards Brantford. One thing that did stick out for me, was that Bullman contacted LE the next day after TB went missing, after receiving a poster about the missing man and truck.. but yet it was also stated that his police statement was not made until much much later (June 20 and 25, 2013 according to further testimony that same day). I wondered WHY the statement would have been made so much later?? I am now wondering if by the time he made his statement, his memory had already gotten mixed up on which way the trucks travelled out of his father's property. The following is from Adam Carter's Live Blog:

· Feb 8 2016 12:21 PM
Sachak asks if Bullman was telling the truth when he gave statements to police on June 20 and June 25. He says yes.

Of course the defense would simply argue that DM just happened to take MS's dog with him on the test drive, not MS himself. Oh, and of course, MS's dog would have needed to borrow MS's cell phone that night just to check in.

Right! But did the dog take notes???

Molly Hayes seems to be the only reporter that tweeted about "crossing Trinity". I've looked through the tweets and it doesn't seem to be all that clear in any of them.

Here's the beginning of the posts with tweets on Mr. Bullmann's testimony:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Trial-02-08-16-Day-5&p=12341567#post12341567

Adam Carter's tweet just says "down Book Road towards Brantford".

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago

Both headed west on Book Rd, crossing Trinity Rd, toward Brantford. The 2 together seemed odd. He could see for less than a km. #Bosma

That's the only "crossing Trinity Rd" reference I could find HTH

ETA - as I have stated earlier, IMO it seems likely that they did cross Trinity but then doubled back to get onto Trinity. I'm not clear on how far the witness was from the laneway that they pulled out of though. Plaxton's testimony should be very interesting

In this article, although there is a mistake about who took out the 3.7 million dollar loan, the bookkeeper claims that even though the loan was taken out to buy equipment, DM did try to "open" the business in December as a rental place for aircraft? After laying off every employee except for his personal auto mechanic. And of course there was no business. Was there even an announcement placed in any airline magazine or anywhere for that matter? Or was this just a front for the bank?

So he had what was left of the 3.7 million for equipment that never got purchased after WM's death and rental income from the six plex? Was that it? With a lot of expenses going out he couldn't have been in great financial shape unless there were a lot of financial investments that were not property. I wonder how in depth they will go on the finances? I can imagine the defense trying to block it all the way because it kind of overlaps to the WM trial.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/63...er-s-finances/

MOO

Link seems to be broken?

Molly Hayes seems to be the only reporter that tweeted about "crossing Trinity". I've looked through the tweets and it doesn't seem to be all that clear in any of them.

Here's the beginning of the posts with tweets on Mr. Bullmann's testimony:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Trial-02-08-16-Day-5&p=12341567#post12341567

Adam Carter's tweet just says "down Book Road towards Brantford".

To me, that suggests the same thing, that the 2 trucks travelled down Book Road towards Brantford. (as opposed to travelled down Trinity Road)

Adam Carter
· Feb 8 2016 11:59 AM
That night he saw two vehicles pull out of his father's place -- a dark truck and a second vehicle pulling out right behind it. "I thought that was odd," Bullman says. The vehicles went down Book Road towards Brantford that night, he says.

Well according to this tweet, he did say they crossed Trinity, so turning around would seem to make sense.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Both headed west on Book Rd, crossing Trinity Rd, toward Brantford. The 2 together seemed odd. He could see for less than a km. #Bosma

At the time when he said it.. he guessed at the 500m that the trucks travelled down Book Rd before he lost sight of them.. it was said to be because of dipping in the road/hilly.. does anyone happen to know if the road (Book Rd) would dip about 500m past the intersection at Trinity, so that one wouldn't be able to see vehicles on the road any more? Or conversely, would one be able to see about the same distance on Trinity Rd (500m) before dipping out of sight from the intersection's perspective?

In my books, the winner today was the bookkeeper. I'm still in awe of her testimony that DM was talking about the 18K entrance fee for the Baja and the 10K needed for accommodations & travel. Top that off with the 3.7 million dollar loan WM obtained a month before he tragically took his life and all I can say is - what planet are all these people from? Were there no batteries in the alarm bells that should have gone off? No question about the incinerator?? A business that's now going to park planes with no planes? I can truly see why WM drank- IMHO, if I was him I would have drank a lot more. MOO

BBM - i have seen it reported as both 9:00 - 9:15 AND 9:15 - 9:30......searching for links....

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal Feb 8
Bullmann says by the time he puts the kids to bed and takes his dog out for a walk, it's usually 9:15-9:30 pm. #MillardSmich

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes Feb 8
Bullmann takes his dog for a walk on his property every night around 9/9:15.
No different on May 6, 2013.
#Bosma

FWIW......we are at the mercy of the tweeters.....RB likely isn't certain of the time.....but again....wish we had a transcript...

from Adam Clark's Live Blog:

· Feb 8 2016 11:58 AM
Bullman talking about his nighttime routine, putting his kids to bed and walking his dog around his property around 9 p.m. each night. He was doing the same on May 6, 2013 when Bosma disappeared.

· Feb 8 2016 12:14 PM
It was about 9:15 p.m. or 9:30 p.m. when he saw the two vehicles come out of the property.

So you believe that they have a connection between the DNA swab they picked up and something in the case? I don't believe we heard anything to that effect in the opening statements.

What if there is no DNA evidence to connect MS? What then? Just a cellphone history for a cellphone that isn't conclusively connected to him.

This all just seems very suspect. On one hand you have a lot of evidence against someone who is not in the witness box and on the other hand you have very little evidence against someone who is. What's more it would appear that the person not in the box cut some sort of deal ... MOO

Just wondering... we haven't heard yet in regard to the blood DNA that was retrieved from the interior and exterior of TB's truck, the blood on the tarp, the blood apparently found on the incinerator exterior, etc... so it would only make sense that LE had samples of DNA from the various suspects, to rule them in or out, in case not all of the blood was a match to TB. They may have found other things too that haven't come into evidence yet, such as skin cells, hair, etc, which could have been found ... wherever. I recall TD getting a little antsy when someone's testimony mentioned for what purpose the rake thing on the incinerator could have been used for. We wondered if that item could have revealed some indication of MS on it.

At the time when he said it.. he guessed at the 500m that the trucks travelled down Book Rd before he lost sight of them.. it was said to be because of dipping in the road/hilly.. does anyone happen to know if the road (Book Rd) would dip about 500m past the intersection at Trinity, so that one wouldn't be able to see vehicles on the road any more? Or conversely, would one be able to see about the same distance on Trinity Rd (500m) before dipping out of sight from the intersection's perspective?

It's pretty apparent on Streetview that approx. 500m from Mr. B's house (Book Rd just east of Trinity) would put the vehicles travelling on Book Rd west of Trinity. So, I agree with the speculation that they must have turned around on Book Rd and come back to Trinity to be heading north past Supersucker.

ETA: and Yes, Book Rd appears to dip just west of the intersection with Trinity. This is on Book Rd looking west across Trinity Rd. The driveway to the dad's property is on the left.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.1740...p_zkuMG8Bxqd2fZ6Rg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

See attached grabs from Google Earth. Remember the Google Street View cameras are approximately 8' off the ground, so the perspective is generally 2' to 3' higher than the typical person.

Attachments

• Book Rd west from Trinity_corrected.jpg
    Book Rd west from Trinity_corrected.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Book Rd east from Trinity_corrected.jpg
    Book Rd east from Trinity_corrected.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 33
See attached grabs from Google Earth. Remember the Google Street View cameras are approximately 8' off the ground, so the perspective is generally 2' to 3' higher than the typical person.

Thanks for re-labelling that MR ... I've deleted some posts that made reference to the prior labelling that was reversed, just to avoid any confusion down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895