Bosma Murder Trial 02.24.16 - Day 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is there not news footage somewhere just after Smich got arrested and she was on the sidewalk freaking out? When now we learn they were both arrested on an Oakville overpass...I'm going digging for links :D

IIRC a lot of us speculated MS ran out the back door of his mother's house when the swat team entered through the front door. Sounds like there is a wooded area behind his mother's house and some speculation he ran into that wooded area. MOO.

IIRC a lot of us speculated MS ran out the back door of his mother's house when the swat team entered through the front door. Sounds like there is a wooded area behind his mother's house and some speculation he ran into that wooded area. MOO.

I remember that but today they said he was arrested on Dorval Drive on the QEW overpass walking and straddling his BMX bike. I wonder if he kept the bike at MM's apt and had taken off to her place to get it? Or whether the story of him running into the woods behind his mother's house was false? I wonder where he thought he was going to go with his bike? And what was MM doing there with him? Saying goodbye? :waitasec:

MOO

1st picture (Facing West) ( toward trinity road)
Blue arrow is R.Bullman driveway <modsnip>
Red X is hayfield entrance lane
Red circle is Trinity Road stop sign
If he was there walking his dog he could see just fine

However

If Bullman was walking his dog a few yards East of his driveway it goes rapidly
downhill and neither the hayfield lane or Trinity road are very visible

2nd picture (still facing West) ...
Blue arrow is Bullman's home driveway
Walking his dog along there he cannot see very far West

I expect he was not close to the hayfield lane otherwise he
would have more precise descriptions of the vehicles
Court has been shown where he was standing but we have not.

Attachments

• millard bullman driveway blu aro facing west - hill blocks trinty.JPG
    millard bullman driveway blu aro facing west - hill blocks trinty.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 34
  • millard bullman driveway blu arow - hayf red x - trinity rd stop sign red circle.JPG
    millard bullman driveway blu arow - hayf red x - trinity rd stop sign red circle.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 31
IMO...It's not that unusual that they turned around and backtracked. If they were unaccustomed to the area and had just recently&#8203; murdered someone by way of gunshot within a confined space (Ouch - ears!), they likely weren't thinking extremely clearly. I get turned around under far less stressful situations. Just saying

Perhaps as DM and MS were pulling out of the field they also saw RB and didn't want to seem suspicious but wanted to get out of there ASAP so DM took the straight road instead of swinging around the corner onto Trinity? Depending what side of the road RB was on also, could DM have been trying to avoid driving past RB or from seeing the passenger side window that was shattered and bloody? Was there any tweets that said specifically were RB was when he spotted the two vehicles pulling out? JMO.

Williams stated today that the entry fee for the Baja was 18K. I've hunted all over to verify entry fees for the Baja races and can't seem to find anything close to that amount. Has anyone been able to verify the 2013 Entry fee's?

IIRC MB became an officer of Millardair after WM's death. IMHO, if that was the case, I'm thinking it was a pretty dumb move considering the liability of a Director. WM had just signed up for a 3.7 MILLION dollar loan and as we learned today, Millardair had NO business. Add onto that the fact that days of WM's death DM fired everyone, the hopes of making WM's investment in the MRO profitable became very unlikely.

Is it my imagination, or is something seriously wrong with this picture? Why in heavens name would MB, a woman who is at retirement age herself, even take on this type of liability. I'm not saying that she should only assist her son if the company was rolling in the cash but it behooves me to think that a pensioner would plop herself onto a sinking ship. IMO,it makes absolutely no sense. MOO

So DM takes out this 3.7 million dollar loan and approximately a month later WM is dead. I suspected very early on there was a huge conflict between father and son which could have ended WM's life via murder. Did WM get the bank statement in the mail for this huge loan and blew up at DM? Did WM order DM out of his house and threatened to remove him from his will? To a "loser" son with no career or job any more, but use to living the high life of leisure, come and go as he pleased, piddling around with all his toys, DM knew with his father gone, there would no longer be threats to DM's future with money, cars, racing and travel, and the life of leisure he had grown to enjoy. JMHO.

Williams stated today that the entry fee for the Baja was 18K. I've hunted all over to verify entry fees for the Baja races and can't seem to find anything close to that amount. Has anyone been able to verify the 2013 Entry fee's?

Couldn't find it on the Baja site but found this. He claims only 6k in 2013. Were they planning on entering more than one race and/or more than one vehicle? HTH and MOO.

One of the most common asked questions when I tell people I desert race is;
"Do you win money?" and "How much does it cost to race Baja?" So I thought I would share that info with you from my 2013 Baja 500 race. My prize money for 2nd place from SCORE was $1485.00 and there were 10 entree's in my class. The total cost to race was $6000.00 and there were 4 guys on my team.

http://utvunderground.com/forum/index.php?threads/baja-500-prize-money.12912/

Has anyone ever heard anything about what car DM raced? Did they own one? If so, did they still own it at the time of the murders? I don't recall ever hearing about an actual car, or any photos of it. All I know is they had a truck and trailer to take a mystery car to Baja.

It's pretty apparent on Streetview that approx. 500m from Mr. B's house (Book Rd just east of Trinity) would put the vehicles travelling on Book Rd west of Trinity. So, I agree with the speculation that they must have turned around on Book Rd and come back to Trinity to be heading north past Supersucker.

ETA: and Yes, Book Rd appears to dip just west of the intersection with Trinity. This is on Book Rd looking west across Trinity Rd. The driveway to the dad's property is on the left.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.1740...p_zkuMG8Bxqd2fZ6Rg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Can you imagine....... you just finish killing someone.. bomb down the road, find you don't know where you're going, turn around, (two trucks all the while, in a country neighbourhood no less, where people tend to notice things), to retrack, back to where you did the murder.. wow. Seems to me there is a LOT of either complete stupidness, or a huge dose of arrogance in believing there was no way they were going to get caught, which also nets out to complete stupidness. moo

Does anyone have what time TB's phone had been turned off?

from A Carter's blog:
10:17 AM
"I noted that at 6:20 p.m. there was a black pickup truck that went northbound past the building." The corrected time would be 9:20 p.m. "It was followed closely by a second vehicle," Stoltz says.

from cellphone logs:
6-May-13 21:19:47 MS Text Rgrs Twr near TB Rez MS recd txt from 2790 MM per Exh 37
6-May-13 21:20:17 MS Text Rgrs Twr near TB Rez MS txt 2790 MM - LAST OUTG COMM FR MS CELL per Exh 37
6-May-13 21:20:46 MS Text Rgrs Twr near TB Rez MS recd txt from 2790 MM per Exh 37
6-May-13 21:23:00 Bate Cell Turned Off WilsonSt. Anc-Last Activity of Bate Phone

According to the testimony from the Super Suckers place with the camera, he spotted both trucks around 9;20pm heading north on Trinity.

So wouldn't that mean the camera, depending on how far away and how good it was, could have caught the shattered front passenger window?

from A Carter's blog:
10:17 AM
"I noted that at 6:20 p.m. there was a black pickup truck that went northbound past the building." The corrected time would be 9:20 p.m. "It was followed closely by a second vehicle," Stoltz says.

Couldn't find it on the Baja site but found this. He claims only 6k in 2013. Were they planning on entering more than one race and/or more than one vehicle? HTH and MOO.

One of the most common asked questions when I tell people I desert race is;
"Do you win money?" and "How much does it cost to race Baja?" So I thought I would share that info with you from my 2013 Baja 500 race. My prize money for 2nd place from SCORE was $1485.00 and there were 10 entree's in my class. The total cost to race was $6000.00 and there were 4 guys on my team.

http://utvunderground.com/forum/index.php?threads/baja-500-prize-money.12912/

Would DM have been paying for all 3? (DM, SS, AM?)

PS The exchange rate was pretty much on par back on May 6 2013.

Highest and lowest CAD/USD rates during the period:
2013-05-06 &#8212; 2013-05-06

Date Rate
Low 2013-05-06 $1 CAD = $0.9905 USD
High 2013-05-06 $1 CAD = $0.9935 USD
http://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/exchange/cad-usd-rate-lookup/

Has anyone ever heard anything about what car DM raced? Did they own one? If so, did they still own it at the time of the murders? I don't recall ever hearing about an actual car, or any photos of it. All I know is they had a truck and trailer to take a mystery car to Baja.

According to Google:

Dellen Millard stands beside the yellow Jeep he and Andrew Michalski drove in the 2011 Baja 500 off-road race. (Facebook)

attachment.php

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/who-is-dellen-millard-the-accused-in-the-tim-bosma-case-1.1331731

Attachments

• Millard yellow jeep 2011 Baja.jpg
    Millard yellow jeep 2011 Baja.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 138
so perhaps all the speculation that DM was selling off his properties to protect all his money..maybe the Bank was pressuring to have the loan paid so that is why he transferred all the properties to his mother to liquidate. I see that one property was listed at 4.1M

I think the reason that Millard transferred the properties to MB was simple, she needed to be taken care of. DM knew he was done, and WM was dead.<modsnip> He was making sure she had access to cash, enough to last her lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds to me like Millard was cooking the books for some extra spending money on that trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my books, the winner today was the bookkeeper. I'm still in awe of her testimony that DM was talking about the 18K entrance fee for the Baja and the 10K needed for accommodations & travel. Top that off with the 3.7 million dollar loan WM obtained a month before he tragically took his life and all I can say is - what planet are all these people from? Were there no batteries in the alarm bells that should have gone off? No question about the incinerator?? A business that's now going to park planes with no planes? I can truly see why WM drank- IMHO, if I was him I would have drank a lot more. MOO

Lets remember that Williams was just a bookkeeper and really shouldn't have given a crap what they were or weren't doing. Her job was to log the receipts and balance the books. As far as I know MillardAir was not a public company, so what DM did with the money was his business, nobody else's.

Let's also remember that there is a very good chance that any mention of the chop shop business has been ruled inadmissible, so there possibly was money coming in, we just can't hear about it.

Does anyone remember the dates that the paint job was ordered and then cancelled? How do they line up with the dates that the two tools that were ordered, does anyone know?

I wish when they give the dates for things that they added in the weekday and not just the numeral portion, I need to keep flipping back to my calendar to keep it all straight in my head.

Lets remember that Williams was just a bookkeeper and really shouldn't have given a crap what they were or weren't doing. Her job was to log the receipts and balance the books. As far as I know MillardAir was not a public company, so what DM did with the money was his business, nobody else's.

Let's also remember that there is a very good chance that any mention of the chop shop business has been ruled inadmissible, so there possibly was money coming in, we just can't hear about it.

Good point(s)! Could it be possible that if the chop shop theory is inadmissible, it could be because neither defendant ran the chop shop? Could it have been someone else's business? Could that be what the bookkeeper meant by it not having been rented out for planes?

Although now that I think about it, why would people running a chop shop be buying parts every day, wouldn't they be selling parts instead? Wouldn't they have more parts than they could get rid of, not the other way around? Does Napa buy used parts from people, does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966