Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
One camera picks up Trinity Road. Is contacted by police later that aft., he thinks.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Left police copy of video at front counter for pick-up...

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Pillay for cross. Suggesting witness does not have a perfect memory of that day. And that he's not the security person for SuperSucker.

***In other words...his testimony is irrelevant in RP's world.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
He knew before looking at video that the time stamp was out. Did not know for how long it had been out.

Does not know to the minute how far out the video was. #Bosma

No police officer asked him to tell them to the minute how far out the time stamp was.

"You don't know how it became off ... or when it came off?" Pillay asks. "I do not," he responds.
by Adam Carter 11:00 AM

"I know that it was quite close to three hours," Stieva says.

In a prep meeting on Monday, Stieva said the video was "about three hours out."

Off Topic but I was wondering about the Letters that DM allegedly wrote to CN. Wasn't she on his no contact list? Forgive me if this was answered before, i'm just curious.

Yes she was/is. Which makes the fact that she had these letters rather interesting. I'm sure we'll find out eventually how that came to pass.

MOO

"If it had been more, I suspect I would have noticed it. I'm a stickler for time," Stieva says.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

"I do not have a recollection to the exact minute," Stieva says.
by Adam Carter 11:02 AM

"You're ballparking," Pillay says. "Correct," Stieva says.
by Adam Carter 11:03 AM

That's 2 witnesses now that testify the video was 3 hours behind +/- a minute or so. That ought to restore confidence in the jury despite Pillay's shenanigans.

"You're agreeing that these sorts of watches -- your watch -- can be off at times?" Pillay says. "It can be," Stieva says.
by Adam Carter 11:04 AM

Pillay asks if he knows exactly when it was last serviced. "I do not keep service records for my watch," Stieva says, to a laugh in the courtroom.
by Adam Carter 11:05 AM

Stieva says his watch says 11:04 a.m.. It's 11:05 a.m. on my computer.
by Adam Carter 11:05 AM

Stieva is now excused.
by Adam Carter 11:07 AM

"You don't know how your watch functions, is that right?" asks Pillay. Witness says he has battery changed once a year.

"I don't keep any service records for my watch," he says.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13s14 seconds ago
Dungey asks him what time it is. Witness says 11:04. My cell at that moment said 11:05.

***I can almost see the jury rolling it's eyes at this point.

Both vehicles were on the video - that's the part Pillay can't argue away. So he's nitpicking on the other part. <modsnip>

Lets hope the jury isn't swayed by Pillay's brand of reasonable doubt.

Im sure a few of them will catch on and relate to their fellow jurors. I have faith in them, that they are seeing what we are and these off the wall-thread grabbing-water treading questions are just that!

Both vehicles were on the video - that's the part Pillay can't argue away. So he's nitpicking on the other part. <modsnip>

I assume the video is not that clear, considering that LE didn't know the type of vehicle when they first announced it in the media. And they probably will have a forensic video rep to decipher it. RP has determined with the witnesses that there are lots of cars on that road. So he's going for reasonable doubt that it is not TB's pick up and the Yukon on that video and that no one can be sure what time the video was actually taken.

MOO

The next witness is Graham Dykeman.
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

Assistant Crown Craig Fraser now questioning Dykeman. He worked at Napa Auto Parts in Cambridge.
by Adam Carter 11:09 AM

MillardAir was a customer of NAPA, he says.
by Adam Carter 11:10 AM

He was working as an outside sales rep in March of 2013, when MillardAir was an existing account.
by Adam Carter 11:11 AM

He says NAPA doesn't sell airplane parts, only auto parts.
by Adam Carter 11:11 AM

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
"You don't know how your watch functions, is that right?" asks Pillay. Witness says he has battery changed once a year.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
"I don't keep any service records for my watch," he says.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 13s14 seconds ago
Dungey asks him what time it is. Witness says 11:04. My cell at that moment said 11:05.

***I can almost see the jury rolling it's eyes at this point.

LOL Dungey's question is perfect. It's like he tries to make a fool of Pillay as often as possible.

Time to hear from the "business as usual" business?

On, Tuesday May 7, 2013, Dykeman went to MillardAir on a sales call.
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

This was a cold call in the afternoon. No one was there, and the door was locked, Dykeman says.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

Dykeman says he left, assuming no one was at the building.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

Millard's lawyer Nadir Sachak now cross examining.
by Adam Carter 11:14 AM

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Now Graham Dykeman being questioned by Crown Craig Fraser. In May 2013 he was with Napa Autoparts in Cambridge.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
He went to see customers, including Millardair. #Bosma

He popped into Millardair every 3 weeks or so. He's an auto part company, doesn't sell airplane parts. Dealt with guy named Shane.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Doesn't recall if he ever talked to Dellen Millard. On May 7, 2013 he went to Millardair between 1:30 and 3:30 pm. No appointment.

Nobody there. Door locked. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 42s42 seconds ago
Crown done. Sachak doing cross for Millard. Were you surprised hangar closed? Witness says he figured it was lunch. Never happened before.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 54s54 seconds ago
Jury taking break. #Bosma

"You were surprised the hangar was closed?" Sachak says. "I suppose so. I figured someone just stepped out for lunch or something," Dykeman says. This was the first time he'd gone up there and it was closed.
by Adam Carter 11:15 AM

Dykeman is now excused.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

Now taking morning recess for 20 mins.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

Of course!! Shocking lol

He popped into Millardair every 3 weeks or so. He's an auto part company, doesn't sell airplane parts. Dealt with guy named Shane.

And....

Doesn't recall if he ever talked to Dellen Millard. On May 7, 2013 he went to Millardair between 1:30 and 3:30 pm. No appointment.

I sit here and shake my head! Pillay is looking silly with these cross examinations! IMO, Well I guess when you know your client is paying ya big bucks, ya better ask something lol
I know he's just trying to trip up the witnesses, I've been to court a few times and that what they do. They try and make you second guess what your saying, or add detail that didn't really happen.

The glove....ohh pardon me...the time does not fit, you must acquit---I'm just saying Kamille and CJPrincess are all over this one like a ........ Good on you

It has been way more than 20 minutes. Is this lunch break instead?

LOL Dungey's question is perfect. It's like he tries to make a fool of Pillay as often as possible.

The best part is...the question appears to have just been "What time is it now?" The other part of the tweets was both Adam Carter and Susan Clairmont checking their own devices to see if it was accurate.

The witness responds 11:04. Likely Dungey then said.. "No further questions". So after a very long cross on two or three witness about the accuracy of the time stamp, Dungey sums it up in two sentences. :floorlaugh:

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members