Bosma Murder Trial 03.01.16 - Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's not just lawyer smarts, a lawyer has to have something to go on, but it sure helps to have a smart lawyer that is used to the worst criminal cases. RP has worked gangland cases.

If a lawyer's smarts were not important then why would you want Marie H. as your defence? Why not just choose anyone?

I don't plan on ever being up on murder 1 charges so choice of a lawyer is rather a moot point for me personally.

DM's original legal counsel had experience in gangland, guns, drugs, murder... As referenced on the left navigation of his website [emoji854]https://peeldefencelawyer.ca/supreme-court-of-canada/

His healthcare has his DOB as August 13, 1987....so he'll be 29 this year.

Aside from the murder 1 rap, he seems to have a few good qualities, like taking care of his mother, taking care of his dog, liked by many friends... He could have been a productive and decent human being had he not chosen to aspire(unsuccessfully) to gangsta' life. Pity. Such a waste.

This article clears up the Ipad confusion. It WAS an outgoing message from the Ipad to MM's phone.

Rizzo said he pressed the power button on the iPad, and the lock screen popped up. He slid it open, and there was no passcode, he testified.

When it opened, an iMessage screen appeared, he said.

Two of the most recent messages were from May 7, at 7:49 a.m. — the morning after Bosma vanished. Two outgoing messages read: "What's wrong with your phone?" and "Why can't I call you?"

The significance of those messages was not explained to the jury. The phone number the iPad was messaging, court has previously heard, was registered to Marlena Meneses, who has been identified as Smich's girlfriend.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...d-for-gun-at-smich-house-seize-ipad-1.3471003

Aside from the murder 1 rap, he seems to have a few good qualities, like taking care of his mother, taking care of his dog, liked by many friends... He could have been a productive and decent human being had he not chosen to aspire(unsuccessfully) to gangsta' life. Pity. Such a waste.

There is nothing "gansta" at all about this murder. Not one shred of evidence or anything in the opening statements suggest this.

MOO

DM's original legal counsel had experience in gangland, guns, drugs, murder... As referenced on the left navigation of his website [emoji854]https://peeldefencelawyer.ca/supreme-court-of-canada/

Pillay too. He was defence for a Banditos gang member and some others. A lawyer like Marie H. takes on criminal cases but I doubt she would take on a gangland or organized crime cases. There's criminal and then there's organized crime criminal.

There is nothing "gansta" at all about this murder. Not one shred of evidence or anything in the opening statements suggest this.

MOO

I can't speak for Gumshew, but I don't think it was referenced to the murder. I took it as just an observation made about MS...due to his appearance. But I'm sure Gumshew will chime in.

You missed the part where I said a good lawyer helps. Just like a good doctor, but there are some diseases the best MD can't cure.

Speaking for myself I'd want Marie Henein because I'm not guilty and don't want to become a famous wrongful conviction case.:drumroll:

As long as you can pay the bill and your case is not organized crime related, I do believe she'd take you on.

Still, why would you want her as your lawyer, if not because you think her smart? Ex... able to show without a doubt you are not guilty thus steering clear of wrong conviction. Admit it, ABro, you want Marie H. because she's tough and smart!:pillowfight2:

I can't speak for Gumshew, but I don't think it was referenced to the murder. I took it as just an observation made about MS...due to his appearance. But I'm sure Gumshew will chime in.

Thanks. Yes, mostly observing his other activities.

attachment.php

What is he holding in these two images?

It looks to me like a Colt thin cigar, IMO.

All MOO.

Looks like a "blunt" to me. A marijuana cigarette hand rolled in cigar paper, a common brand used for this "backwoods"

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I wasn't aware they made brown rolling papers. Guess that shows how much I know about pot smoking supplies, eh?

As long as you can pay the bill and your case is not organized crime related, I do believe she'd take you on.

Still, why would you want her as your lawyer, if not because you think her smart? Ex... able to show without a doubt you are not guilty thus steering clear of wrong conviction. Admit it, ABro, you want Marie H. because she's tough and smart!:pillowfight2:

Nothing to admit. If I'm trouble I want a tough smart lawyer. If I'm sick I want a great doctor. If I'm getting my couch reupholstered I want a good upholsterer. That's not the point.

The point is these people aren't miracle workers. John Rosen couldn't get Bernardo off. David Bowie's doctors couldn't keep him alive. My upholsterer can't fix a chair made from rotting wood.

I'm simply taking issue with your original point, which seemed to be that a good lawyer can get a client off no matter what the evidence. Like I said, the exception proves the rule, which is it that if there's a mountain of evidence against you, you don't walk.

I wasn't aware they made brown rolling papers. Guess that shows how much I know about pot smoking supplies, eh?
They actually aren't rolling papers. You empty the cigar tobacco and then use the paper to roll the pot.

Yes..

Okay then, they are all definitely Vans Crooks and Castles forty-four hi which are another popular choice of footwear for the aspiring gangsta. Just noting some of MS's fashion choices here, nothing more.

[h=1]Tim Bosma Murder Trial: Police search Mark Smich's house | EXHIBIT #82[/h]
[video=youtube;QJJtnTi_IRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJJtnTi_IRI&list=UUnsj4TU7mOQ-4l2HOaRekgA[/video]

is there a screen shot of who the apple IPAD chat is with?

I'm simply taking issue with your original point, which seemed to be that a good lawyer can get a client off no matter what the evidence. Like I said, the exception proves the rule, which is it that if there's a mountain of evidence against you, you don't walk.

What? I never wrote that a good lawyer can get a client off no matter what???? I wrote that the only chance DM has now is his lawyer working the timeline thing because the evidence against DM is so strong, IMO, I don't see any other angle of defence, including fighting against DNA accuracy. They have worked out some type of defence otherwise why plead not guilty. Please, don't read stuff into my posts that is not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumgirl29