Bosma Murder Trial 03.01.16 - Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up, sorry if this has been mentioned, but did anyone other than Clairmont say it was two Apple computers? Colin here says it was one each Apple and IBM...

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4h4 hours ago
Rizzo said he found an iPad that opened up to a chat in progress. He also found a red apple laptop and a black IBM laptop in the room.

ETA: Ironworker beat me to it but no one has responded yet. :)

Sorry also if already answered, still catching up.. but didn't it say the 2 apple laptops were found in bedroom #1 or something? I assumed those 2 apple laptops were in a bedroom different from MS's bedroom. ?

Playing catch-up with today`s events, and reading of the $3000 cash had me thinking about all those bank cards we saw in evidence pics.
I am betting he had them all on him, to pull the cash out in separate, small amounts. Trying to cover his tracks.
As for the money in the bank envelope being separate from the $350 in the front pocket,.....I would be willing to guess when in a rush, that front pocket contained his gas/food/whatever money, and that $3000 in an envelope is for something specific. That is payment on something,..hence keeping the exact amount in the envelope.
Cannot wait to find out what the $3000 is for. I can think of 10 things !

Is it possible that DM had been out somewhere collecting rents, and that was what was found in the back pocket? Would explain why it was separate from the 'spending money' found in the front pocket?

Wow. I did some sleuthing in the early days when the Twitter photos were still public. Either she has no conscience or she was trying to make things appear normal or maybe it was both.

That was quite the vacation that he was on...if you consider being incarcerated a vacation.

Just wondering... did none of her 'friends' know that her boyfriend's name was DM? Wht does she think her friends are? Stupid?

That's MS's girlfriend before he got busted. The one he yelled, "don't tell them anything, babe" to.

I was curious about MM being MWJ's ex?? Because of the tweets, you know.

Is it possible that DM had been out somewhere collecting rents, and that was what was found in the back pocket? Would explain why it was separate from the 'spending money' found in the front pocket?

Maybe the money was planned for painting the Dodge Ram from black into red.

"A solid base coat/clear coat, using quality PPG paints, can go over $3,000, depending on the painter." (forum)

Hamilton public schools are closed. I wonder if we will have court today?

Ah, thank you. Looking at the map, it's approximately 30 km west of Book & Trinity, and more or less on their way to the Roseville Road farm. The most direct route would be the 403 but it's also heavily trafficked; they could have opted for Wilson St, which turns into Colborne Street, but that takes them through the middle of Brantford, with lots of stop lights and well-lit intersections.

So who knows. There are a number of options for back roads with not much going on which would offer more cover, so to speak. I think it's likely they ditched the phone that night however, I don't think either of them would have driven back that way the following day or two. They were far too busy.

A lot of us feel that TB was shot in the field near his house, but there was no evidence of broken glass there. My guess is that a bullet passed through the glass, shattering it, but not breaking it. This would have been obvious to anybody driving near them, so I believe they drove off the beaten path to break out and dispose of that window. They might have spotted the witness as well and just decided to move. Once the window was cleaned up, the doubled back and proceeded north on Trinity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the $3K was in specific denominations, $50s and $100s I believe. As it was in a bank envelope it is more than likely he went to a branch and made a withdrawal.

Hamilton public schools are closed. I wonder if we will have court today?

Not sure where everyone involved with court today have to come from, but much of southwestern Ontario is buried in snow. I'm waiting to have my road plowed before I can get to work. I assume court will be cancelled today.

Not sure where everyone involved with court today have to come from, but much of southwestern Ontario is buried in snow. I'm waiting to have my road plowed before I can get to work. I assume court will be cancelled today.

Im in the out skirts of Hamilton/Niagara. We had freezing rain then snow. Hubby plows out the neighbour's and he didn't even have to hook up the plow. We got maybe 1" of snow. Usually the hwys are done first around here, so let's hope courts resume today :)

My family lives Sarnia way and they were getting slammed last night.

Speaking of school busses, they are not cancelled here. One just went by my house :) unless the driver is out for a morning tour, they are still running.

Susan ClairmontVerified account
‏@susanclairmont
Just in: Tim #Bosma trial will start at 11:30 today.

I had mentioned this possibility upthread and if that is in fact the case, then I'm sure the D will have a legit tenant on the other side- however, rents are usually collected on the 1st of the month unless it's a deposit. Since DM had just closed the Distillery condo, it could have been a deposit-if so, the person renting will materialize.

It was either incoming or outgoing cash. Since DM had 3 TD visa's and a TD Business Banking card in the Yukon when he was arrested, I think it's safe to say that TD/Canada Trust was his bank. The money was in a Canada Trust envelope so IMHO, DM had withdrawn this cash. Since it was separate from the money in his front pocket, IMO, it had a specific purpose and since he had just left MS & MM, I don't think it was for either of them. IMO, he knew the heat was on him big time and this money had to get to someone fast.

Isn't it odd that he wasn't carrying a personal debit card? Perhaps not. Between all his credit cards and the business accounts, maybe a personal debit card was unnecessary.

I believe the $3K was in specific denominations, $50s and $100s I believe. As it was in a bank envelope it is more than likely he went to a branch and made a withdrawal.

As well, IMO, it would be pretty hard to get that amount from a Bank machine. I think the highest limit is $1,000. cash.

Isn't it odd that he wasn't carrying a personal debit card? Perhaps not. Between all his credit cards and the business accounts, maybe a personal debit card was unnecessary.
I think what's odd is that he had all of these cards laying around in the Yukon and not in a wallet. IMO, there could have been a wallet that we haven't seen yet? Maybe these were his everyday cards that he kept in his murse and had dumped them out to do some laundry...or something. I would think that DM, who was getting paid 10K a month did have a bank card for his own personal account- whether or not he used it is another story. MOO

A lot of us feel that TB was shot in the field near his house, but there was no evidence of broken glass there. My guess is that a bullet passed through the glass, shattering it, but not breaking it. This would have been obvious to anybody driving near them, so I believe they drove off the beaten path to break out and dispose of that window. They might have spotted the witness as well and just decided to move. Once the window was cleaned up, the doubled back and proceeded north on Trinity.

Do we know that there was no evidence of broken glass in the lane?

One of the Visa cards could have been a debit as well. My hubby is with TD, his debit card also has the Visa logo on it. The card is linked to both personal account and the Visa account. So I do not find it weird at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog