Bosma Murder Trial 03.01.16 - Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to the bank envelope containing $3,000...it is possible that it contained more at the time of the transaction. IMO he could have given some to MS during that 50 minute visit.

Further clarification. The messages on the Ipad were OUTGOING to MM's phone...

When it opened, an iMessage screen appeared, he said.

Two of the most recent messages were from May 7, at 7:49 a.m. — the morning after Bosma vanished. Two outgoing messages read: "What's wrong with your phone?" and "Why can't I call you?"

The significance of those messages was not explained to the jury. The phone number the iPad was messaging, court has previously heard, was registered to Marlena Meneses, who has been identified as Smich's girlfriend.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...d-for-gun-at-smich-house-seize-ipad-1.3471003

They're waiting to call in an forensic expert on electronic conversations <modsnip>. I'm sure there is one somewhere.

As well, IMO, it would be pretty hard to get that amount from a Bank machine. I think the highest limit is $1,000. cash.

Limits can be easily increased by visiting a branch and asking the teller to do it on the spot. Mine are higher than $1000 for both cash withdrawals and debit purchases.

Im not sayin MM would the 3rd driver at all (if there was one) just that IMO, it may come out later that there was and a deal was made. There is still the "unknown" DNA from the gloves we have not heard who the person is yet.

Unknown DNA was from male.

Two of the most recent messages were from May 7, at 7:49 a.m. &#8212; the morning after Bosma vanished. Two outgoing messages read: "What's wrong with your phone?" and "Why can't I call you?"

The significance of those messages was not explained to the jury. The phone number the iPad was messaging, court has previously heard, was registered to Marlena Meneses, who has been identified as Smich's girlfriend.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...d-for-gun-at-smich-house-seize-ipad-1.3471003
MS did not have his own phone- there were 2 phones registered to MM. The iPad may not even have been MS's- he may have been holding onto it for "someone"...MOO

"Hamilton police put in production orders for six phone numbers in this case, court heard: one belonging to Dellen Millard and one belonging to his girlfriend, Christina Noudga; two belonging to Smich's girlfriend Marlena Meneses (one of them, a prepaid account); one of them belonging to Millardair employee Shane Schlatman; and one belonging to Theresa Michalski. Andrew Michalski was Millard's roommate at the time."

http://m.kitchenerpost.ca/news-stor...neighbour-led-police-to-stolen-stripped-truck

Further to this, in the cellphone pings presentation, that 2790 number is identified as Marlena Meneses/Mark Smich. Here is the full PowerPoint for anyone who wants to refresh their memory:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1LUH8AIqxz_A5BaPXaGFPoyS8wM9CJAGTr4PrZnEc7rU/edit#slide=id.p4

Thank you ABro. And from those documents, you can see that by around 11pm on May 7th, that phone was pinging near the farm. I would assume that MS was using that phone that evening.

2nrzp50.png

So he was using his own phone the evening of May 6th before it shut down around 9:20pm. Then there is an Imessage Tuesday morning from the Ipad to MM's phone asking "What's wrong with your phone?" and "Why can't I call you?" and then by 11pm that night, MS appears to be using MM's phone.

He was back to using his and she was back to using hers on May 9th...

MOO

Limits can be easily increased by visiting a branch and asking the teller to do it on the spot. Mine are higher than $1000 for both cash withdrawals and debit purchases.
mmm- maybe I should switch banks! My debit purchase is extremely high, but my bank machine use is lower. Reason given is "customer safety" which made sense at the time. Apparently, the bank doesn't want someone to eyeball me as being a good target for some quick cash at the bank machine. MOO

LOL, yes, and even people not all that young. I carry my phone, which has a case with slots for cards, and my driver's licence and debit card, plus health card, are in the slots. I have one of those metal credit card cases that I keep in the vehicle, with the point cards from Shoppers, Loblaws etc., but I leave my credit card at home. I have cash in my pockets or some in the phone case; if I have to carry a bunch of stuff and need my tablet, or perhaps a notebook and writing utensils etc., I have a bag very similar to the one pictured in DM's Yukon, with a zippered top and a shoulder strap. I like that's it's washable because i have been known to spill beverages or dog treats in it.

I was surprised at how many cards DM had in the Yukon but not by the fact that he had them. If they were in his pocket in some wallet when the crime was committed it would stand to reason he took them out and maybe rinsed them off, who knows.
I can't find it now but in an earlier photo from the Millard residence on Maple Gate there is a shot of multiple bank cards and credit cards that were business related on the counter and I believe in a bowl. I don't believe that keeping company credit and bank cards in a wallet was par for the course for this family.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

MOO - Those messages "why cant I call you" could have been from anyone living in the Smich household.. For all we know it could have been MS his mother trying to get ahold of him. If I remember correctly, MM/MS phone were one and the same?

Going back to the bank envelope containing $3,000...it is possible that it contained more at the time of the transaction. IMO he could have given some to MS during that 50 minute visit.

That's true. It appears that people did "work" at the hangar who are not on the payroll according to AJ. So perhaps he owed MS some money for some "work" that he did for DM and he had to pay him in cash. :thinking:

MOO

MOO - Those messages "why cant I call you" could have been from anyone living in the Smich household.. For all we know it could have been MS his mother trying to get ahold of him. If I remember correctly, MM/MS phone were one and the same?

No...they had different phones. The reason why LE have distinguished one of them as MM/MS is because he was using it on one of the days involved here. That is the only time they list that phone as being registered to both. MM was texting MS from the 2790 phone to his phone 7086 while they had TB in the truck on the evening of the 6th. He also sent one to her.

MOO

Does anyone know if there is a chronological file/record of all the evidence presented thus far? My head is spinning trying to make heads or tails of it. I have no clue how the Jury is keeping it all straight? How does one connect the dots with the bits and pieces of evidence that we get each day? How are you guys keeping track?

Yes I know it was male but it's still an "unknown" source. We have yet to hear who this was/is.
I guess I should break my sentences up better.

I thought it was unknown at the time.....but that he came back to it in his testimony? I'm going to have to go digging through tweets.....I remember one glove that had CN, DM and TB DNA on it? Can anyone clarify this?

ETA
Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 14s14 seconds ago
Now photo of 3 Nitrile black gloves found in Millard's pocket on arrest. One glove has DNA of Millard, Bosma, Noudga.

MS did not have his own phone- there were 2 phones registered to MM. The iPad may not even have been MS's- he may have been holding onto it for "someone"...MOO

"Hamilton police put in production orders for six phone numbers in this case, court heard: one belonging to Dellen Millard and one belonging to his girlfriend, Christina Noudga; two belonging to Smich's girlfriend Marlena Meneses (one of them, a prepaid account); one of them belonging to Millardair employee Shane Schlatman; and one belonging to Theresa Michalski. Andrew Michalski was Millard's roommate at the time."

http://m.kitchenerpost.ca/news-stor...neighbour-led-police-to-stolen-stripped-truck

Pretty sure the 7086 phone that MS used most often was the prepaid phone that MM took out for him. The other had a 416 area code which was hard to get by 2013 and MM probably had that one for a while.

MOO

I think Adam was meaning to say...the snow last night. He must have the same autocorrect as me lol

Settings

Mar 2 2016 9:12 AM

Thanks to snow that Hamilton got last week, today's proceedings start at 11:30 a.m.

TwitterFacebookLinkedIn

Adam Carter

Two of the most recent messages were from May 7, at 7:49 a.m. — the morning after Bosma vanished. Two outgoing messages read: "What's wrong with your phone?" and "Why can't I call you?"

Rizzo said he turned the iPad on and found it did not require a passcode to access it. The opening screen that came up was a series of text messages.

This article says incoming...

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...tim-bosma-murder-police/ar-BBqdSPJ?li=AAggFp5

The last incoming texts were from the morning of May 7, 2013 — about 11 hours after Bosma disappeared — that said, “What’s wrong with your phone?” and “Why can’t I call you.” He didn’t look any further and turned the device over for forensic examination.

Rizzo said he turned the iPad on and found it did not require a passcode to access it. The opening screen that came up was a series of text messages.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...tim-bosma-murder-police/ar-BBqdSPJ?li=AAggFp5

The last incoming texts were from the morning of May 7, 2013 &#8212; about 11 hours after Bosma disappeared &#8212; that said, &#8220;What&#8217;s wrong with your phone?&#8221; and &#8220;Why can&#8217;t I call you.&#8221; He didn&#8217;t look any further and turned the device over for forensic examination.

Wow...as an Ipad owner I can say that based on the picture of the screen that was put into evidence, those are not incoming messages. And I would trust Adam Carter's interpretation over Adrian Humphrey's any day. These reporters really have to pay attention to the evidence they are hearing before writing up these reports. Too much time with twitter, and other things to actually listen carefully and comprehend what they are hearing IMO. SMH

MOO

The last incoming texts were from the morning of May 7, 2013 &#8212; about 11 hours after Bosma disappeared &#8212; that said, &#8220;What&#8217;s wrong with your phone?&#8221; and &#8220;Why can&#8217;t I call you.&#8221; He didn&#8217;t look any further and turned the device over for forensic examination.

Given nobody's life was potentially hanging in the balance when Smich's bedroom was search (unlike when LE found the truck in the trailer), should an officer even touched the ipad on scene? Should it not have been marked and bagged so forensics could do the work on it in a controlled environment? Is that not contamination of evidence?

I'm surprised MS's lawyer didn't object to that evidence being allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathan Dunn