Bosma Murder Trial 03.01.16 - Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 51m51 minutes ago
Just in: Tim #Bosma trial will start at 11:30 today.

Isn't it odd that he wasn't carrying a personal debit card? Perhaps not. Between all his credit cards and the business accounts, maybe a personal debit card was unnecessary.

Maybe he was getting ready to run himself and preferred cash....credit and debit cards leave a trail.

Do we know that there was no evidence of broken glass in the lane?

We do not know. I believe when the search was done, only tire tracks were found. No mention of glass. This is why I believe the shooting occurred at the farm where they say "glass was found in one of the burn sites" I do not believe they tried to clean up glass at the lane/property nears Tim's house. IMO, Just not enough time.
My pass window was shattered by a tree, little pieces of glass was everywhere (inside and out) of the vehicle. The side windows shatter in tiny cubes, windshields (as I found out) have a film over them to stop from shattering....Hense, big spiderwebs of cracks.

IMO, I think we're are going to hear about a 3rd person. The one that was ever so quickly to be retracted after the arests of DM and MS. Maybe one that is singing a big tune to save ones own A$$! Cooperation with LE and Crown can go a long way, for someone that was not involved in the actual murder (maybe just a driver of a Yukon)...
Humm, as we are seeing with MM, no charges at all?? But yet the Gloves are telling us a story of her involvement.

ETA: Sorry, It was CN on the gloves not MM. I read it somewhere but it was obviously an error on that poster on another site. So much info to absorb, I'm getting confused.

So many unanswered questions and so much detail left out.

As per Kamille's post and link upthread, the messages shown were outgoing messages being sent by MS to MM, so it was MS wondering about her, not the other way around.

Do you have a link for the "other 20 odd messages" you refer to?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...d-for-gun-at-smich-house-seize-ipad-1.3471003

Two of the most recent messages were from May 7, at 7:49 a.m. — the morning after Bosma vanished. Two outgoing messages read: "What's wrong with your phone?" and "Why can't I call you?"

I cannot find the link right now, but where do the phone records place MS at 7:49am on the Tuesday after TB disappeared? I thought they placed him at the hanger still.

If MS was at the hanger and sent that message to MM, then he would have had to have been carrying his iPad around all night. In my opinion, it is more likely that MM was getting upset because she couldn't contact her boyfriend because his phone was turned off, and she was trying to go through the iPad to see if she could reach him on her burner phone. That would match with the message of asking why she couldn't get in touch with him. If the iPad was at the hanger and it had a cellular connection like a phone, I imagine that we would have seen records of that when phone data was brought in.

The 20 odd messages was in reference to the flood of calls that hit his phone when he did turn it on, which I believe was shortly after that iPad message was sent. I am assuming most are from his girlfriend, although that is just a guess.

My opinion only.

Maybe he was getting ready to run himself and preferred cash....credit and debit cards leave a trail.

Even a frugal man is not going to be able to get far or live for very long on a mere $3,000, in my opinion.

One of the Visa cards could have been a debit as well. My hubby is with TD, his debit card also has the Visa logo on it. The card is linked to both personal account and the Visa account. So I do not find it weird at all.

You can get cash advances with a Visa credit card too. You can get them from a ATM or the teller.

I think what's odd is that he had all of these cards laying around in the Yukon and not in a wallet. IMO, there could have been a wallet that we haven't seen yet? Maybe these were his everyday cards that he kept in his murse and had dumped them out to do some laundry...or something. I would think that DM, who was getting paid 10K a month did have a bank card for his own personal account- whether or not he used it is another story. MOO

Lots of young people don't carry wallets anymore. They carry a phone and a debit card plus a little cash. In many cases the phone case acts as a sort of wallet.

A lot of us feel that TB was shot in the field near his house, but there was no evidence of broken glass there. My guess is that a bullet passed through the glass, shattering it, but not breaking it. This would have been obvious to anybody driving near them, so I believe they drove off the beaten path to break out and dispose of that window. They might have spotted the witness as well and just decided to move. Once the window was cleaned up, the doubled back and proceeded north on Trinity.

This would seem to make all the witness and video testimony coherent. Bullman said he saw the two vehicles pull out between 9:15 and 9:30; the video was reportedly from around 9:20.

My only problem with this scenario is a methodological one. That would mean that they went directly from Bosma's house -- say around 9:10, since the last phone call from "Bate" to Bosma was around 9:02 (I am approximating, didn't look it up), and the video near Wilson and Trinity places them there about 12-15 minutes later -- they must have committed the crime with lightning speed and booted it out of there if they went to the hayfield directly.

This is quite possible of course, but it's a tight timeline. It could be that they were surprised or alarmed by something Tim said or did and responded with unplanned speed and violence. Then they realized they had to get out of there. The rest of your scenario makes excellent sense, and if they did as you suggest, they could have pulled over at a number of spots on Book west of Trinity where it's quite dark and the distance between houses/farms is significant. If they turned their lights off and did their work on the window, it wouldn't likely attract attention. Also, if bits of broken glass were found there, it wouldn't be connected to the crime (in all likelihood).

Bullman testified the police came the next day with search dogs and searched the field. He told them that in the past he had seen vehicles go in there to dump garbage, so the presence of small bits of glass, if noticed, might not have raised suspicion. At that point police were looking for a missing person, so they would have been searching for anything belonging to Tim, for refuse with cast-off DNA, for a weapon, anything anomalous. According to Bullman's testimony, they didn't find anything.

Bullman didn't see where exactly in the field the vehicles came from, but one can speculate, with some confidence, that they hid the Yukon over by the haystacks which provided a natural spot for concealing it. If any glass shards came out of the window at the time of the shooting, they might have been covered by hay fragments (which abound near the haystack piles) and not attract police attention, since they knew there were episodes of people dumping "garbage" there.

Unless one or the other accused volunteers some information (or one of their acquaintances reports something either said directly), we may never find out exactly what happened.

But the Crown's opening statement does say they intend to prove that Tim was shot in the truck close to home, and the likely spot for that is the hayfield. If they also saw Bullman walking his dog they would have been doubly motivated to boot it out of there immediately.

We should add tags for each court day of the major testimony, witnesses, etc. May make it easier to find specific stuff later. JMO

We do not know. I believe when the search was done, only tire tracks were found. No mention of glass. This is why I believe the shooting occurred at the farm where they say "glass was found in one of the burn sites" I do not believe they tried to clean up glass at the lane/property nears Tim's house. IMO, Just not enough time.
My pass window was shattered by a tree, little pieces of glass was everywhere (inside and out) of the vehicle. The side windows shatter in tiny cubes, windshields (as I found out) have a film over them to stop from shattering....Hense, big spiderwebs of cracks.

IMO, I think we're are going to hear about a 3rd person. The one that was ever so quickly to be retracted after the arests of DM and MS. Maybe one that is singing a big tune to save ones own A$$! Cooperation with LE and Crown can go a long way, for someone that was not involved in the actual murder (maybe just a driver of a Yukon)...Humm, as we are seeing with MM, no charges at all?? But yet the Gloves are telling us a story of her involvement.

So many unanswered questions and so much detail left out.

IMHO
I am thinking that the "glass ..found in one of the burn sites" could easily have been particles of glass trapped in whatever was burned there....as in carpets etc or seat crevasses.
There is good reason to believe the vehicles did stop in the lane close to the Bosma property....is there anything suggesting that the vehicles may also have stopped and pulled into the driveways at the Kemira Industries where TB's phone was found on the grass. Glass particles at either location would not surprise me.

I wonder if we are going to hear who drew the picture of the skull with the hole in the forehead that was on MS's desk?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...d-for-gun-at-smich-house-seize-ipad-1.3471003

Two of the most recent messages were from May 7, at 7:49 a.m. — the morning after Bosma vanished. Two outgoing messages read: "What's wrong with your phone?" and "Why can't I call you?"

I cannot find the link right now, but where do the phone records place MS at 7:49am on the Tuesday after TB disappeared? I thought they placed him at the hanger still.

If MS was at the hanger and sent that message to MM, then he would have had to have been carrying his iPad around all night. In my opinion, it is more likely that MM was getting upset because she couldn't contact her boyfriend because his phone was turned off, and she was trying to go through the iPad to see if she could reach him on her burner phone. That would match with the message of asking why she couldn't get in touch with him. If the iPad was at the hanger and it had a cellular connection like a phone, I imagine that we would have seen records of that when phone data was brought in.

The 20 odd messages was in reference to the flood of calls that hit his phone when he did turn it on, which I believe was shortly after that iPad message was sent. I am assuming most are from his girlfriend, although that is just a guess.

My opinion only.
I believe iMessage syncs devices. Chat's on one will appear on the other allowing the user a seamless experience between synced devices and connected to the iCloud servers. i.e.) anything I do on my iPad at my home shows up on my macbook that travels with me and my Mac desktop at my office. The iCloud is one of the things that makes Apple so efficient to use.

Lots of young people don't carry wallets anymore. They carry a phone and a debit card plus a little cash. In many cases the phone case acts as a sort of wallet.

LOL, yes, and even people not all that young. I carry my phone, which has a case with slots for cards, and my driver's licence and debit card, plus health card, are in the slots. I have one of those metal credit card cases that I keep in the vehicle, with the point cards from Shoppers, Loblaws etc., but I leave my credit card at home. I have cash in my pockets or some in the phone case; if I have to carry a bunch of stuff and need my tablet, or perhaps a notebook and writing utensils etc., I have a bag very similar to the one pictured in DM's Yukon, with a zippered top and a shoulder strap. I like that's it's washable because i have been known to spill beverages or dog treats in it.

I was surprised at how many cards DM had in the Yukon but not by the fact that he had them. If they were in his pocket in some wallet when the crime was committed it would stand to reason he took them out and maybe rinsed them off, who knows.

You can, but ATMs don't dispense 100s.

Did they say which kind of bank envelope it was? The ones at the ATM are white with holes in them, with the flap on the long side, and the ones that the tellers give out are usually brown with the flap at the narrow end.

For those who speculate that MM was the third party driving the second vehicle on the day of the murder, then why would SM tell her days later that the owner of the truck was "gone gone gone"? She would have known that already.

I believe iMessage syncs devices. Chat's on one will appear on the other allowing the user a seamless experience between synced devices and connected to the iCloud servers. i.e.) anything I do on my iPad at my home shows up on my macbook that travels with me and my Mac desktop at my office. The iCloud is one of the things that makes Apple so efficient to use.

Did they have iCloud then? I don't think I was using then, I thought it was more recent that that, (but I am terrible at judging these things.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal