Bosma Murder Trial 03.01.16 - Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who speculate that MM was the third party driving the second vehicle on the day of the murder, then why would SM tell her days later that the owner of the truck was "gone gone gone"? She would have known that already.
Couldn't agree more. IMO, MS and MM were a very close couple. MM knew MS was going to go with DM to steal a truck, but had to be told by MS that they had in fact done it and the owner was "gone". If MM was involved, she would at least known they had stolen the truck. MOO

LOL, yes, and even people not all that young. I carry my phone, which has a case with slots for cards, and my driver's licence and debit card, plus health card, are in the slots. I have one of those metal credit card cases that I keep in the vehicle, with the point cards from Shoppers, Loblaws etc., but I leave my credit card at home. I have cash in my pockets or some in the phone case; if I have to carry a bunch of stuff and need my tablet, or perhaps a notebook and writing utensils etc., I have a bag very similar to the one pictured in DM's Yukon, with a zippered top and a shoulder strap. I like that's it's washable because i have been known to spill beverages or dog treats in it.

I'm 54 and all I carry is my debit card and a bit of cash in a coin purse when I go out. If I need a specific card for the day (health, photo ID, ETC) I take it with me then but the rest of the time all my cards are at home in my big grey purse that I leave sitting on my dresser.

Just in time delivery for iIdiot's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICloud

"The service also provides the means to wirelessly back up iOS devices directly to iCloud,"

Wonder if there'll be a witness from Palo Alto?

Does it end up showing which device the message was sent from? And do we know if he had downloaded the update or app for iCloud at that time?

It was speculated much earlier in the trial that perhaps DM's phone wasn't turned off when MS's, TB's and the burner phone were because it was an iPhone, but this seems to suggest now that MS was the one with an iPhone, and he still managed to turn it off during the commission of the crime.

My next question is how does a guy with no job afford an iPhone and iPads and Macs? Was his gf supporting him, or was DM?

I'm 54 and all I carry is my debit card and a bit of cash in a coin purse when I go out. If I need a specific card for the day (health, photo ID, ETC) I take it with me then but the rest of the time all my cards are at home in my big grey purse that I leave sitting on my dresser.
IMO, most people don't leave credit cards and id laying out in the front seat of a car so IMO, if they were there, it was a temporary thing-cleaning out a drawer at the hangar? Emptying a satchel that may have had blood stains on it? He was disassociating the cards that identified him with whatever he used to carry them in. Just an indication of DM reacting to everything that was happening. His mind must have been going a mile a minute. MOO

For those who speculate that MM was the third party driving the second vehicle on the day of the murder, then why would SM tell her days later that the owner of the truck was "gone gone gone"? She would have known that already.

Im not sayin MM would the 3rd driver at all (if there was one) just that IMO, it may come out later that there was and a deal was made. There is still the "unknown" DNA from the gloves we have not heard who the person is yet.

She also wouldn't be texting why can't I call you. She would know exactly why the phone is off and wouldn't likely send a message period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Further clarification. The messages on the Ipad were OUTGOING to MM's phone...

When it opened, an iMessage screen appeared, he said.

Two of the most recent messages were from May 7, at 7:49 a.m. — the morning after Bosma vanished. Two outgoing messages read: "What's wrong with your phone?" and "Why can't I call you?"

The significance of those messages was not explained to the jury. The phone number the iPad was messaging, court has previously heard, was registered to Marlena Meneses, who has been identified as Smich's girlfriend.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...d-for-gun-at-smich-house-seize-ipad-1.3471003

Agreed, I don't remember seeing any glove specific DNA evidence tied to MM

Sorry, I went back and reread the actual reports. It was CN...my apologies. I think that may have been in my mind from elsewhere as I swear I read that MM's was on the glove.

We do not know. I believe when the search was done, only tire tracks were found. No mention of glass. This is why I believe the shooting occurred at the farm where they say "glass was found in one of the burn sites" I do not believe they tried to clean up glass at the lane/property nears Tim's house. IMO, Just not enough time.
My pass window was shattered by a tree, little pieces of glass was everywhere (inside and out) of the vehicle. The side windows shatter in tiny cubes, windshields (as I found out) have a film over them to stop from shattering....Hense, big spiderwebs of cracks.

IMO, I think we're are going to hear about a 3rd person. The one that was ever so quickly to be retracted after the arests of DM and MS. Maybe one that is singing a big tune to save ones own A$$! Cooperation with LE and Crown can go a long way, for someone that was not involved in the actual murder (maybe just a driver of a Yukon)...Humm, as we are seeing with MM, no charges at all?? But yet the Gloves are telling us a story of her involvement.

So many unanswered questions and so much detail left out.

I'm just catching up....what do the gloves have to do with MM? I thought they found her DNA on a cigarette butt....not gloves?

Did they say which kind of bank envelope it was? The ones at the ATM are white with holes in them, with the flap on the long side, and the ones that the tellers give out are usually brown with the flap at the narrow end.

They did say, I just can't recall which bank.

Does it end up showing which device the message was sent from? And do we know if he had downloaded the update or app for iCloud at that time?

It was speculated much earlier in the trial that perhaps DM's phone wasn't turned off when MS's, TB's and the burner phone were because it was an iPhone, but this seems to suggest now that MS was the one with an iPhone, and he still managed to turn it off during the commission of the crime.

My next question is how does a guy with no job afford an iPhone and iPads and Macs? Was his gf supporting him, or was DM?
Don't know how MS got his devises. May have been used, gifts- it's hard to say. As far as finding out what device did what and when, IMO, they'd be able to piece that together. Interesting to see if LE got any info from Apple. MOO

They did say, I just can't recall which bank.
It was actually Canada Trust, which is TD- leading me to think that it was a teller envelope rather than a bank machine envelope. The Bank machine envelopes would all be current- teller envelopes may be a different story. MOO

It's almost as if he is stuck in a time warp where his body ages normally but his aura of sophistication remains 14 years old.

Yes, interesting visual.... Say10 whizzing around on skateboard wheels smoking joints.

The evidence that comes out of the study of addiction upholds the understanding that many addicts are emotionally arrested from the time of onset of addiction / abuse and this may indeed be what we're seeing with MS. While we don't have direct evidence that he meets the diagnostic criteria for addiction he is at a minimum a user from what we can glean so far. JMO.

Further clarification. The messages on the Ipad were OUTGOING to MM's phone...

The significance of those messages was not explained to the jury. The phone number the iPad was messaging, court has previously heard, was registered to Marlena Meneses, who has been identified as Smich's girlfriend.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...d-for-gun-at-smich-house-seize-ipad-1.3471003

Further to this, in the cellphone pings presentation, that 2790 number is identified as Marlena Meneses/Mark Smich. Here is the full PowerPoint for anyone who wants to refresh their memory:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1LUH8AIqxz_A5BaPXaGFPoyS8wM9CJAGTr4PrZnEc7rU/edit#slide=id.p4

Hamilton public schools are closed. I wonder if we will have court today?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2 Std.Vor 2 Stunden
Just in: Tim #Bosma trial will start at 11:30 today.

Where exactly is it that you live? :thinking:

Swedie that may be certainly true for these people that you've mentioned but I'm guessing that MS isn't competing at either BMX racing or skateboarding. He rather sadly does seem to fit the stereotype that many on the board have referred to. The BMX and the skateboard for him seem to be his mode of transportation based on surveillance photos from 2013. This seems likely given we have not seem him drive a vehicle. Just thinking that suggesting he's likely to be similar to the fellows noted above is a stretch. But certainly an open minded and kind stretch by you! LOL. JMO.
Perhaps some who seem to think skateboarding is an immature sport, should have a lookie see at this video. Some of these guys are in their 40s and 50s. Same goes for BMX biking. Who says there has to be an age limit to something you love and may be good at it. MOO.

Examples:
Cabellero is 51 years of age
Mullen is 49
Gonzales, Alva and Hawk are 47

[video=youtube;CH8R4kMZOuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH8R4kMZOuI[/video]

BMX bike riders. Perhaps they will still be riding in 10 to 20 years.
Willers age 30
Jaspers 29
Phillips age 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads