Bosma Murder Trial 03.08.16 - Day 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crown has to prove the fact that DM owned and/or had access to the incinerator on the night of May 6th. .

DM was found driving around with the incinerator invoice in a file folder in his Yukon! That is enough to me that he knew about it and owned it. What a dummy.

:wagon: Itsmehi! Great post. Yes this is one thing I've mentioned a couple times, the possible blood transfer to the Yukon. We will have to wait and see if anything comes up about it during trial.

I wonder now after today's video evidence if TB might have been shot more than once, in a couple different locations.

Yes the gaming profile. They blocked that out because of the upcoming trial to do with his father's alleged murder...and of course they wouldn't want to show "bad character" in unrelated information to this specific case, TB's murder.
MOO.

I may have missed something because I was following SC news columnist twitter feed only, but I understood the Yukon followed the entire time. Someone mentioned here they might have burned bloody clothes at the hangar. Maybe they stopped to say, "Go fetch us some clean clothes." In other words, they wouldn't have been in the Yukon with blood. IMO

DM was found driving around with the incinerator invoice in a file folder in his Yukon! That is enough to me that he knew about it and owned it. What a dummy.

That, along with the video filmed in the hangar with the incinerator hitched up to the Yukon. DM is clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed and it hopefully will be his undoing.

DMs defence seems to imply that he leaves things in plain sight, not the behaviour of a guilty guy. In regard to this incinerator shell game though, he has gone to greatest lengths to keep it out of sight. If he had just left it at the hangar wouldn't it have seemed less sinister? Except for the video of towing it in and lighting it, it may not have occurred to anyone what it was used for. I just can't figure the economics of purchasing it in the first place. They could burn anything in a pile on the farm. Why blow $15k? How does this thing save any money, especially for a tightwad?
I hope those Columbian contractors all got home safe.

I'm not denying that...I think you missed my point, namely, that it was in these 2 individuals best interests to cooperate, otherwise any sentences handed out I'm sure would have been sterner.

Is that the Summit Gearworks Inc. building?

It appears they took the scenic route to the farm. Maybe DM doesn't know the quick way there...or something made him turn off early.

sorry trying to edit but i can't...i see your point in later posts, claroon.

Regarding the audio sounds from the camera at Bobcat of Brantford 585 Oak Park Rd

I doubt those would have been gunshots
Shots from a Walther 9mm are more like a pop-pop
There is a double rail track nearby and big semi trucks will make a boom-boom sound when crossing , especially if they have open steel trailers , it can even shake the ground a bit .
If there was a big truck went by on the video that would be it.
We should get to see the video Wednesday

(from the article) http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-gun-likely-fired-inside-truck-1.3481024

Mar 8 2016 2:39 PM
Adam Carter

There is audio this video, but it's near the HVAC system, so there's a lot of background noise. "Just as the vehicle arrives there are two quite loud booming sounds quite close together," Plaxton says.

DMs defence seems to imply that he leaves things in plain sight, not the behaviour of a guilty guy. In regard to this incinerator shell game though, he has gone to greatest lengths to keep it out of sight. If he had just left it at the hangar wouldn't it have seemed less sinister? Except for the video of towing it in and lighting it, it may not have occurred to anyone what it was used for. I just can't figure the economics of purchasing it in the first place. They could burn anything in a pile on the farm. Why blow $15k? How does this thing save any money, especially for a tightwad?

bbm

On Sunday I wanted to impress a relative who is not at all interested in the case. I showed him a pic of the Yukon with "The Eliminator" in DM's hangar. The relative had a look for 2 seconds and said: "What's that?? A wheeled crematory??" - He is known to me as a fast thinker but I was flabbergasted. :)
The incinerator is burning without smoke, odor and residues and without the danger that a fire would spread. For that reason even a tightwad could spend $15k one time.
The Columbians - :eek: oh yes ........

Hi everyone. First time posting here. Been following for awhile and finally just registered.

After reading this tonight
http://m.thespec.com/news-story/638...o-the-latest-terrible-evidence-in-bosma-trial

Article says they turned around at that point.

Good catch and welcome ... I was thinking the same ..... vehicles enter the picture from the left and exit left .... (my guess) is they were traveling Paris Road to the farm .... then made a short jaunt down Oak Park Rd for one of their "roadside chats" .... then headed back to Paris Road ... and likely threw Tims phone out at that point.

Red X marks the location of the phone , map also shows the double Railroad tracks where the "boom-boom" likely came from .... they did say in court a third vehicle went by at the same time , my guess is a big truck.

Attachments

• millard trial bobcat of brantford.JPG
    millard trial bobcat of brantford.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 19

Adam Carter
Mar 8 2016 12:10 PM
In the meantime, here's my recap from this morning:

zjdnoy.png

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/gun-likely-fired-inside-tim-bosma-s-truck-1.3481024

***Since it appears to me that the gun may be sitting on the table in the office of the Millard house, I'd love to know what was considered too prejudicial to be shown that has been blocked out in that picture.

MOO

Some black rubber glove?

More I wonder: have they shot into the table before?

Regarding the audio sounds from the camera at Bobcat of Brantford 585 Oak Park Rd

I doubt those would have been gunshots
Shots from a Walther 9mm are more like a pop-pop
There is a double rail track nearby and big semi trucks will make a boom-boom sound when crossing , especially if they have open steel trailers , it can even shake the ground a bit .
If there was a big truck went by on the video that would be it.
We should get to see the video Wednesday

(from the article) http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-gun-likely-fired-inside-truck-1.3481024

Mar 8 2016 2:39 PM
Adam Carter

There is audio this video, but it's near the HVAC system, so there's a lot of background noise. "Just as the vehicle arrives there are two quite loud booming sounds quite close together," Plaxton says.

I can hear the 'train noise' from my house.. sometimes those noises, depending on what the trains are doing/where they are located, make some *really* LOUD booming noises. Not sure what is normally going on at that time of day on a weekday with the trains, but could potentially be something from train activity even way off in the distance. The tracks are very close to where the trucks were stopped, but not sure if the trains have that kind of activity in that particular location (like shunting type of activity?).. but still think it would/could have been caught on the video audio from a distance. I have wondered at times when I hear the big noises, if it was the trains, or thunder, or a big vehicle crash, or a bomb.. they can be really loud when they're doing their shunting thing, and I think the sound tends to travel into the distance quite a bit.... so I think you are right about those noises that were heard, not likely being related to that particular shooting event.

My guess is that TB was dead long before the trucks ever stopped there. Great place to stop and chat about next steps... right near a business that could potentially have security cams.. there may not be a good place to pull over, but you can still pull over onto the shoulders where it is more barren. Another 'doh' moment for the accused(s).

Even for gangs, getting rid of a body(ies) has historically been an issue, imo. Dumping guys in the 'lake' with chunks of concrete attached to them.. trying to 'melt' them with lye.. what a great solution, and for the low price of only $15000. And portable, to boot! Makes me wonder if DM was going to pursue it with the underworldish types, as a business venture.. 'we come to YOU to 'take out the garbage'. And yes, I wonder how many Columbians... nobody would be raising any kind of search parties for them, I don't imagine. They just picked the wrong guy this time. MOO

Well I wonder what the judge will ask the jury to consider, e.g., if you see evidence of forcible confinement (defined like this) OR premeditation (defined as well) then first degree.

MS strikes me as the kind of petty criminal that would say yeah I'm in, but only to a point, and then you're on your own. A little streetwise. The thing is, he was in for the incineration and then he came back and hung around the hangar and then after DM was picked up, he took care of the gun. He acted as a team player throughout, even if his involvement was lesser.

MS probably acting on DM's assurance, via his 'intelligent', 'philosophical' ramblings, that it was fail-proof, no way they were going to get caught.. until.. oops, forgot to cover that wrist tattoo which got the whole ball rolling, in time to catch some of the evidence before it disappeared.

AJ.. we won't ever know if he actually would have made that phonecall if the police hadn't already paid DM a visit at the hangar (which was probably initiated by looking into DM after enquiries re the tattoo), and even if he did eventually decide to do the right thing... how long would it have taken and how much evidence would have been gone by then?

So perhaps DM was correct... perhaps they never would have been 'caught', if not for the hero of the day, Igor. Even if caught... there may not have been this wealth of evidence that they have. Truck could have by then, been torched out on the reserve like so many others are, incinerator could have had a better cleanup performed so as not to find any bones or teeth, land at the farm could have been more carefully cleaned up, tarp burned, etc. If not for the quick action on Sharlene's, LE's and Igor's parts, there may have been little that would hold up for a conviction.

One of the videos that was on his computer shows him with what the photographer says is his, "rocket launcher." Who has that kind of thing?

With reference to posting a link to the "rocket launcher"

Not sure of my permission as it is on the Facebook "Discuss the case" page. Can we link that? I'm not sure if it is elsewhere.

My guess is it can't be linked. The video is from AM's facebook page, and is entitled "Dell the terrorist". It was taken at the old hangar. I can't make out what DM has on his shoulder but I don't believe it is a rocket launcher (I took it as a joke).

ETA: There is another video posted around the same time entitled "Hagerman the spy" (note: CN was repeatedly calling someone with the last name Hagerman on the night she was helping DM cleanup). These videos were posted around the time of the G20 summit in 2010 when political bigwigs would have been flying in and out of Toronto. I think they were just messing around.

Question for consideration..

In looking back at the timelines.. it seems that the duo arrived by foot to the B residence around 9:05pm.. they spent a very short time (minutes) talking and looking at the truck, before getting in and making their way..

By somewhere between 9:15 and 9;30pm, the Bullman neighbour saw the 2 vehicles exiting his father's laneway..

Around 9:20pm, the 2 vehicles are seen proceeding north, via the security cam at the Super Sucker facility.

According to Plaxton, the video expert, he travelled from Super Sucker to BobCat.. and it took 20 minutes (my estimation would have been longer by maybe 10 minutes)..

The 2 vehicles are seen on Bobcat security footage around 9:50pm..

So it sounds like, unless there was indeed a third driver/assistant/accessory, DM and MS split up right after leaving the B residence. No idea how they would have orchestrated that without TB becoming very suspicious, uneasy, etc.?

What happens, in a legal sense, if the shooting/murder occurred while DM was alone with TB in the vehicle, and MS was in another vehicle altogether?

Everybody forgets they stopped using their cell phones during that time period. The only way to communicate was by stopping along side the road .... which obviously they did several times. best wishes.

Well it appears that at least MS's phone was off. And after going through the cell phone exhibit I actually think it ran out of battery as it appears his lawyer is going to argue. ....

I also believe that MS's phone ran out of 'juice'. Seems to me that MS and MM communicated constantly.. plus the duo didn't ever suspect that they would be 'caught' since only the Bates phone had been used thus far to communicate with TB, and they had turned that one off.. forever. DM continued to use his, not suspecting the two phones would ever be linked to same locations. I wonder if police confiscated DM's actual phone when they arrested him, and if so, it would have shown attempts to try to reach MS... would that type of info not be available just from the Rogers provider, ie attempted texts/calls to a dead phone number? Or would the records from the provider only show completed texts/calls? I can't recall any mention ever, of LE having retrieved DM's cellphone, can anyone else? Anyway, that was likely just another little glitch in their plan.. MS's phone running out of battery-power.. which to me suggests that MS at least, wasn't expecting in advance, this excursion to take place.

You have to admire the dedication of the video guy Plaxton. In MSM it said he went through 10,000 videos and in tweets he mentioned watching one 30-40 times. I wonder how long he'll be on the stand? I am constantly blown away at how months or years of work get boiled down to an hour or two of testimony.

I wonder which video it was that he watched 30-40 times, and why he felt the need to watch it so many times? I watched one of those true-crime shows awhile back, and it was talking about a woman who had been found murdered.. it traced her steps back to when she was at work, and there was video footage both in the store and in the parking lot. It wasn't until after several viewings that someone finally noticed just a little flicker of something on the video, which caused them to go back further in time, and a killer was caught. It was SO quick, and several officers watching the tape over and over, had missed it. Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3