Bosma Murder Trial 03.10.16 - Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other thoughts: Getting Hussey and SS to go to a swamp in the wintertime to try and pull out the excavator is ridiculous. DM was able to get two grown men to actually attempt this?
I would sure like to know what the heck he was doing with the excavator. To me it looked like he was trying to build another route in/out of the farm. (escape route?) JMO

Oh wow, I feel dumb after reading that The Spec article. I didn't realize DM was claiming he was going into the pet cremation business WITH HIS UNCLE. Somehow I missed the initials or the pronouns.

And yeah, it does sound like RB's disdain is what prompted the defense interruptions.

Regarding the orange tarp... (apologies in advance to Tim's family/friends who may be reading)

While I realize eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable, let's just assume for a moment the witness today did in fact see what he said he saw.

This is the first time we've heard of an orange tarp. It's never been found (that we're aware of), never been photographed, never been mentioned. What else has never been found, that may have exited the hangar in an orange tarp? As awful as it is to mention, we do know (according to the expert that examined the incinerator) that the rest of Tim was never recovered. Just fragments and ashes.

We also know, according to the expert, the incinerator was cleaned out. If the witness is accurate, I believe that tarp was put down on the ground outside the incinerator when it was cleaned out, and contained the cremains of Tim (most articles I've read say on average an adult male is about 6 pounds of cremains). We know it was in the trailer as it left the hangar but it was NOT in the trailer when it was opened by LE. So at some point, DM and either MS or CN got rid of that orange tarp and whatever was in it.

moo.
Remember he had another delivery to the farm right after. If there was an orange tarp, it could have been put in the cab and taken away from his mothers house.

Apparently, DM was smirking at his uncle. I guess the vitriol was apparent on the stand LOL!

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6386281-clairmont-no-love-lost-between-millard-and-his-uncle/

Well, that answers that, as to whether or not RB's use of the word 'entourage' was sarcastic or not.

Sounds like the "old" DM is back in court. Smirking and waving.

As Burns walked into the courtroom Thursday, the 53-year-old Vaughan veterinarian took one brief sideways glance at Millard, who in turn followed his uncle's every move with a smirk on his face.

Wow, good info in that article. I thought that DM lived with him from age 15-17, though.

I wonder if RB had issues with DM stemming from his kids (i.e. he thought DM was a bad influence). I'm guessing the cousin DM talked about in the below article is RB's daughter.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...rn-to-world-of-fast-cars-and-exotic-adventure

“I’m working on getting out of here,” he tells a cousin. “I owe you some driving lessons, and a trip to Jamaica ;)

Millard expresses suspicions that his lawyer may not be passing on his letters. He goes against the wishes of his uncle and tries to finagle a visit from his 18-year-old cousin. “I would really like to know what’s going on with her,” he tells a friend.

... But it seems like the defense has successfully blocked all talk of what DM told anyone about the reason for the purchase so far. Every time any of this comes up there is an objection and a legal argument. So we'll see how that goes.

MOO

I don't understand the legality of blocking this either. If you are PERSONALLY told by the accused what he plans on doing with it, then to me its not hearsay OR conjecture. How can they block what you are a first person witness to? I do understand how you cannot say I heard a guy say that DM was gonna do this or that but come on if YOU were the one that hears directly from DM then to me it should be allowed.

Am I wrong here?

I dated a guy whose parents own a farm in Caledon and have an excavator on their farm.

Re having the excavator, my point was it appears he had cleared about 100 feet of new road at the North end of the lot, where was he going and planning? I realize it may have been as simple as creating a playground for his jeeps, but with all that was going on (deception wise, funky stealth Yukon etc) I BET it was an escape route to further east on the Roseville road.

Yeah right, he hadn't heard of the Bosma case by then. Seems a lot of Millard's pals didn't watch TV, listen to the radio or read the paper, because from May 6-10 this was BIG news in these parts. I think all these guys knew exactly what was going on and simply turned a blind eye.

If they didn't listen to the news, or read news online....TB was the talk of the town. I don't believe for a minute that he didn't know of this case.

I wonder who CN and DM were talking about in the letter, when DM was asking CN to talk to a certain person????

My Mom said she just saw on CBC Vancouver that DM and MS will both be taking the stand.. I can't find anything online about it, but I'm looking!!

CHCH news with video. Has images of exhibits and of the witnesses.

http://www.chch.com/bosma-day-23/

Good for RB.

Burns wouldn’t look his nephew in the eye, avoided Millard’s fixed gaze the whole time, but he smiled and nodded several times to Sharlene Bosma.

I can't wait to hear what kind of interaction MB and DM have (assuming she is testifying).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KKE20101