Bosma Murder Trial 03.10.16 - Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo about the uncle..was this the witness DM was asking CN to change his testimony? About going into pet cremation business together? ?

Enjoy the March Break folks. I'm glad for the break as I'm sure are many others here too.

Take care. :)

SS literally did ANYTHING DM asked him to do. Amazing to have that much power. DM must have enjoyed living that way so much. Too bad DM. It's over now. JMO

Agreed ... SS appeared to be completely subordinate to DM ... some personalities are like that , obedience without question , the military works the same way .... in a legitimate business we would call him a dedicated and loyal employee.

I guess it comes down to whether he was aware of what DM was really up to , or just turned a blind eye to things he considered none of his business.

He has never been charged with anything , he was retained as an employee and helped sell the hangar equipment and car collections etc . ... so I am going with "loyal employee"

Yes, it was unclear without that tweet: DM told CD that DM and RB were going to go into the pet incineration business together, and CD is RB's neighbour so of course CD had a chance to mention this business scheme to RB. RB was "blown away".

When you realize the connection between all these people, it makes it seem pretty obvious how that whole thing may have gone down. So why is everyone's testimony vague, choppy and unclear?

I've mentioned before that the incinerator invoice, from a bookkeepers point of view, was a little tricky. First we've got a down payment paid on Visa. Then there is the balance owing which needs to be paid by cheque. Then we've got the question of what account to apply it to. Is it depreciating equipment? We also have the issue of DM losing the original and asking SS to get in touch with Mr Penner to get another copy. And then we see that there ends up being two copies in the file so it looks like someone found the original. And then there is the changing of accounts to put it under. And NOTHING stood out about this purchase to LW? She didn't mention to her husband that DM had bought an animal incinerator? They didn't discuss this at all? Which prompted CD to ask DM WTH he wanted an animal incinerator for? And DM, put on the spot with a question he wasn't expecting, gave that lame answer about going into business with his uncle? Sociopaths do this. Thinking only in the moment, not caring that the lie can be debunked because they'll just deny it or come up with something else. (think Jodi Arias) And then CD asked RB if this was true?

Or was it just that her husband CD saw the incinerator himself, in the hangar, and asked the question? Same result.

I guess we'll have to wait for CD to hit the stand. But it seems like the defense has successfully blocked all talk of what DM told anyone about the reason for the purchase so far. Every time any of this comes up there is an objection and a legal argument. So we'll see how that goes.

MOO

After all of the defense questions about how much DM had spent on this and that to SH today, first of all why didn't the Crown ask him if he's ever seen a financial record for DM or MillardAir? Secondly, why didn't they suggest to SH that after all that expeniture and no income coming in since before the hangar was even built, DM must have been a little tight when he asked the "investors" to cough up some cash? LOL I guess they can't do that. Too bad. But they made the implication. I got it. I hope the jury did too. ;)

MOO

How can the D put words in the witnesses mouth? Very curious.

Just to make things clear -- the above is in response to a post by ArianeEmory: Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEmory View Post
Mar 10 2016 3:04 PM
Sachak says Millard bought the excavator "even though business was slow."

Mar 10 2016 3:05 PM
"You're probably saying 'Jesus Christ,' this guy buys the excavator, blows the engine, and then has the money to buy another engine. Good guy to go into business with," Sachak says. End of quote

Many of us were disturbed that a lawyer could swear in an Ontario Court of Law, and that Justice Goodman seemed to allow it. After thinking about it for awhile, I am wondering if Sachak was deliberately trying to goad the judge into taking some kind of action against him, like holding him in contempt of court ( and in my mind he did have contempt for the court, and for the Christian Bosma family to say that) because it could lead to some kind of appeal, or maybe even a motion for a mistrial if Sachak could claim that the Judge was biased in favour of Christians. His name is Justice Andrew Goodman, and Andrew is a Christian name. Sachak does not have much to work with as far as a defense goes, and we have all laughed about him claiming that innocent DM was "keeping evidence, like the truck, and the incinerator out in the open". He probably does not like the idea of losing, and not being respected by many citizens, for trying to prove that someone like DM is innocent. Also, an appeal could prove to be quite lucrative for Sachak, if DM has any money left at the end of this trial. IMO

Regarding the orange tarp... (apologies in advance to Tim's family/friends who may be reading)

While I realize eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable, let's just assume for a moment the witness today did in fact see what he said he saw.

This is the first time we've heard of an orange tarp. It's never been found (that we're aware of), never been photographed, never been mentioned. What else has never been found, that may have exited the hangar in an orange tarp? As awful as it is to mention, we do know (according to the expert that examined the incinerator) that the rest of Tim was never recovered. Just fragments and ashes.

We also know, according to the expert, the incinerator was cleaned out. If the witness is accurate, I believe that tarp was put down on the ground outside the incinerator when it was cleaned out, and contained the cremains of Tim (most articles I've read say on average an adult male is about 6 pounds of cremains). We know it was in the trailer as it left the hangar but it was NOT in the trailer when it was opened by LE. So at some point, DM and either MS or CN got rid of that orange tarp and whatever was in it.

moo.

When you realize the connection between all these people, it makes it seem pretty obvious how that whole thing may have gone down. So why is everyone's testimony vague, choppy and unclear?

I've mentioned before that the incinerator invoice, from a bookkeepers point of view, was a little tricky. First we've got a down payment paid on Visa. Then there is the balance owing which needs to be paid by cheque. Then we've got the question of what account to apply it to. Is it depreciating equipment? We also have the issue of DM losing the original and asking SS to get in touch with Mr Penner to get another copy. And then we see that there ends up being two copies in the file so it looks like someone found the original. And then there is the changing of accounts to put it under. And NOTHING stood out about this purchase to LW? She didn't mention to her husband that DM had bought an animal incinerator? They didn't discuss this at all? Which prompted CD to ask DM WTH he wanted an animal incinerator for? And DM, put on the spot with a question he wasn't expecting, gave that lame answer about going into business with his uncle? Sociopaths do this. Thinking only in the moment, not caring that the lie can be debunked because they'll just deny it or come up with something else. (think Jodi Arias) And then CD asked RB if this was true?

Or was it just that her husband CD saw the incinerator himself, in the hangar, and asked the question? Same result.

I guess we'll have to wait for CD to hit the stand. But it seems like the defense has successfully blocked all talk of what DM told anyone about the reason for the purchase so far. Every time any of this comes up there is an objection and a legal argument. So we'll see how that goes.

MOO

I'm not sure the testimonies are all that unclear. Remember, we're following via tweet, so we're really not getting the whole picture. We're missing tone of voice, body language, facial expressions, etc.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 24s25 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
Spencer Hussey visited the Millard farm #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 35s36 seconds ago
Seeing photo of Millard barn. He's showing us where hay was kept. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 16s17 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
Hussey calls Millard 'Del' says he wanted to turn the barn into a home #Bosma

*** fitting because he'd already turned his home into a barn...

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s39 seconds ago
they were told Dell was planning to turn the barn into a home. Removing the hay was the first step of that process. #Bosma

huh, that is the most ridiculous story, you don't turn barns into a home.....hmm what is he covering up here????

Agreed ... SS appeared to be completely subordinate to DM ... some personalities are like that , obedience without question , the military works the same way .... in a legitimate business we would call him a dedicated and loyal employee.

I guess it comes down to whether he was aware of what DM was really up to , or just turned a blind eye to things he considered none of his business.

He has never been charged with anything , he was retained as an employee and helped sell the hangar equipment and car collections etc . ... so I am going with "loyal employee"

There seems to bee strong ties between DM and each of his associates, but not between associate and associate.

I was struck today how SH said MS was around DM 80% of the time, but SH still described MS as a sketchy scary stranger. How do you not get to know someone who is around all the time?

dellen-millard.JPG

Dellen Millard is seen in this surveillance photo taken just before his arrest in 2013. (Court exhibit)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...wn-away-by-pet-cremation-suggestion-1.3485222

Regarding the orange tarp... (apologies in advance to Tim's family/friends who may be reading)

While I realize eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable, let's just assume for a moment the witness today did in fact see what he said he saw.

This is the first time we've heard of an orange tarp. It's never been found (that we're aware of), never been photographed, never been mentioned. What else has never been found, that may have exited the hangar in an orange tarp? As awful as it is to mention, we do know (according to the expert that examined the incinerator) that the rest of Tim was never recovered. Just fragments and ashes.

We also know, according to the expert, the incinerator was cleaned out. If the witness is accurate, I believe that tarp was put down on the ground outside the incinerator when it was cleaned out, and contained the cremains of Tim (most articles I've read say on average an adult male is about 6 pounds of cremains). We know it was in the trailer as it left the hangar but it was NOT in the trailer when it was opened by LE. So at some point, DM and either MS or CN got rid of that orange tarp and whatever was in it.

moo.

I mean no disrespect to Tim's memory, or to the grieving Bosma family, but it would be just like these two inept criminals to forget the human remains in the orange tarp, and have to turn around with a large trailer to go back and get them. You could not make this stuff up, as they say. IMO

Call me crazy, but the first step of the process would be to NOT store barrels of oil and cans of gasoline in my future home. Just sayin'! MOO

I guess he was starting a pet cremation business in his new living room, as the Eliminator was stored in the barn too!!! And the
Entrepreneur Of The Year award goes too.....

I mean no disrespect to Tim's memory, or to the grieving Bosma family, but it would be just like these two inept criminals to forget the human remains in the orange tarp, and have to turn around with a large trailer to go back and get them. You could not make this stuff up, as they say. IMO

SC tweeted that the tarp was folded when they carried it out: perhaps there was blood on it and they needed to get rid of it.

moo.

It's possible that in the sunrise, the colour, seen from a distance, was orange. Light could have reflected off the tarps to make them appear a different colour than they actually were. Think of Monet's Haystacks.

http://psych.ucalgary.ca/PACE/VA-Lab/colourperceptionweb/light.htm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haystacks_(Monet_series)

Mar 10 2016 2:41 PM
Hussey says he left around 2 p.m.

Mar 10 2016 2:41 PM
Hussey says he had met Smich. "He spent a lot of time with Millard at the hangar."

Mar 10 2016 2:42 PM
"80 per cent of the time I had seen Dell, Mark would have been with him."

Mar 10 2016 2:42 PM
He went to Millard's home in Etibicoke a couple of times to pick up paycheques, he says

Mar 10 2016 2:43 PM
Smich was at the hangar 2 to 3 times a week, he says. "He would do odd jobs for Dell -- cleaning bathrooms, painting things."

No one has mentioned the Columbians yet, have they?????

I've been updating the consolidated timeline today. I have still have lots to add but the cell activity is mostly complete for May 6 to May 10. You can view it here:

https://goo.gl/URpYBy

Wow! What a wonderful job you did, thanks very much.

It's so cohesive and organized even an 'ole gray mare like me can understand this case better. :)
I have a difficult time remembering testimony, cross referencing and understanding places and timelines...splendid that I can go to your creation when I get confused.
Please keep up the great work, one can see you put a lot of time and effort for us.

Additionally, many thanks to those who post tweets, helpful information, thoughts and opinions. So intuitive y'all are...

This is very interesting, and very nice work. I am glad that you are updating us because there has been talk on the thread of how some people wish this spreadsheet existed - they don't know! Bookmarked!

Thank you for putting in the time and effort. You have a real talent for making order of a mess of info.

Ya, I've been reading along all the while and missed it somehow...
and...you've just reminded me to bookmark, thanks much for that.

Some days, I close my eyes, and imagine this…..a smiling Tim comes back from a 15min test drive, and gets out and negotiates on his driveway a fair price for the truck. The price bantering goes back and fourth, and, eventually, satisfactory to both parties they come to an accepted deal. Tim and Sharlene exchange pleasantries and contact info with the buyers. Tomorrow happens, and Tim and his family are extatic they sold the truck, and an interested buyer is happy he found the truck he was looking for.

Rest in peace Mr Bosma, rest in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member