Bosma Murder Trial 03.22.16 - Day 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More timeline inconsistencies between testimonies:

Schlatman said the police showed up at the hangar around 11am and stayed for at least an hour. However, Millard texted Whidden that his life was "stress-filled" at 11:47am. Could he have done so while the police were there? To further complicate things, the testimony of Detectives Tselepakis and Hamilton, while vague, seemed to indicate that they showed up at the hangar around 2:30 or 3pm and left by 3:55pm.

It's amazing how much stuff happened at the hangar that day (May 10). Jennings was there, but he ran out to Home Depot just in time to miss the cops. Spencer Hussey and his business associates also dropped by "just after lunch" to check out the hangar, but they also missed the cops. Millard met with his accountant in the morning around 10am; did the accountant also miss the cops? Who was this older gentlemen at the hangar the cops claimed to see?

Could Whiddens have been in court previously during this trial? Was she just recently subpoenaed?

I imagine a phone is a lot like your car. If the police have probable cause and you won't let them search it they can take it from you until they get a warrant to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could Whiddens have been in court previously during this trial? Was she just recently subpoenaed?

Im assuming this happened after she picked up her phone in October 2013. She was asked again to give statement and refused. She was on a court no contact list right away after DM was arrested. So I doubt she was in court at all before she took the stand.

I imagine a phone is a lot like your car. If the police have probable cause and you won't let them search it they can take it from you until they get a warrant to do so.

I would also assume that if the police feel you have evidence you will destroy they can seize your phone as well

Was it the $ that they thought DM had that made them loyal to him?
Were they just really really naïve??? NO, you can see right through their testimony!
Were they manipulated by DM?
Were they paid off to stick by DM $$$$

I don't get why a couple of players (SS and LW) in this case are still sticking by DM's side.

SS knew a lot more than what he let on in court.
LW.....ummm wake up!!!!
What a nice gesture to show appreciation.

"After his arrest, the condo sale she was working on for him was transferred to another agency. When it closed, she received a $10,000 cheque in the mail from Millard’s mother, Madeleine Burns."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ed-sympathy-for-bosma-family-trial-hears.html

Starting to wonder if LW was on DM's "no contact" mysterious jail house mailing list? MOO

Admin note

Stick to today's testimony everyone. This is not a general discussion thread.

Sleuthing and disparaging remarks about the witnesses will not be tolerated.

Thanks for keeping us civil and on track. There does seem to be a fine line between discussing a witness and sleuthing a witness. On the one hand, we want to better understand Whidden's relationship with DM so that we can better interpret her testimony. On the other hand, we shouldn't be trying to pull her birth records and medical history.

I have been following this for a while but just yesterday decided to take the leap and sign up as a member. Thank you so much to everyone that posts here, it really helps me follow along in a sensible matter. I'm amazed at the stuff people here point out from weeks ago that I would never remember: so thank you! You all rock!

In regards to DM saying he was set up: if it was me that was set up by someone I would be going to the police right away and stating exactly that. Maybe I'm too honest of a person but I wouldn't be waiting for the cops to come to me or waiting for the whole thing to blow over hoping nothing comes out of it. With all the media coverage happening at the time, there was no way it was going to blow over anyways.

Also if witnesses lie while testifying, isn't that perjury? Is that something the Crown would have to prove? And if so, what happens to the person that perjurs themselves? I guess omitting details isn't technically lying though? I need to take Law 101.

More timeline inconsistencies between testimonies:

Schlatman said the police showed up at the hangar around 11am and stayed for at least an hour. However, Millard texted Whidden that his life was "stress-filled" at 11:47am. Could he have done so while the police were there? To further complicate things, the testimony of Detectives Tselepakis and Hamilton, while vague, seemed to indicate that they showed up at the hangar around 2:30 or 3pm and left by 3:55pm.

It's amazing how much stuff happened at the hangar that day (May 10). Jennings was there, but he ran out to Home Depot just in time to miss the cops. Spencer Hussey and his business associates also dropped by "just after lunch" to check out the hangar, but they also missed the cops. Millard met with his accountant in the morning around 10am; did the accountant also miss the cops? Who was this older gentlemen at the hangar the cops claimed to see?
IMO, there are only 2 witnesses who's testimony I'd trust in concern to the Friday- AJ and SH. Are DM's pals so stupid that they don't realize that there's collaborating evidence. Cell phone calls, police surveillance etc? Funny how they think amnesia or messing up times and events are somehow beneficial to DM- when in actuality it discredits them and makes them and DM look even worse. Pathetic and sad. But, so far things are shaping up for MS. If the Jury sees this stream of DM supporters all willing to lie and connive, they may actually start to question MS's involvement in the whole thing. LW's involvement of DM dates back to LB and WM. May not be the last time we see this sweetheart. MOO

I'm still taking in this whole "DM's mother gives ten thousand dollars to witness who, coincidentally, turns out to be uncooperative on the stand."

Wonder who else she paid for spin services, and in what medium.

There was a comment a while back and I can't find it that said LE was leaning hard on MB. I am paraphrasing. Perhaps they started leaning on MB because of this payment or other things she was doing on DM's behalf that might have appeared irregular.

It's all a bit curious and circumspect.

MOO

There was a comment a while back and I can't find it that said LE was leaning hard on MB. I am paraphrasing. Perhaps they started leaning on MB because of this payment or other things she was doing on DM's behalf that might have appeared irregular.

It's all a bit curious and circumspect.

MOO

In the summer of 2013, months after her son’s arrest, she told a judge in Toronto small claims court, where she was appearing on Dellen’s behalf, that he was innocent. It’s not known what her reaction was when MIllard was charged in April 2014 with the first degree murders of his father, Wayne, and his friend, Laura Babcock. According to sources who know the Millard family, police stepped up their pressure on Madeleine Burns not long after the additional charges were laid.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/madeleine-burns

Awesome! Thank you Snooper Duper.

"life" interrupted today and I didn't have the chance to follow at all via tweets or here. Thanks to those who did update via tweets though, it sure helps when some of us can't follow along as things happen.

As for today's testimony, I just want to know one thing: will CN have opportunity to hear about this real estate agent booty call lady, before she has her opportunity to testify? I'm just wondering, if she (CN) never actually knew about her, but does now, how this might change a young woman's thoughts? You know, hell hath no fury... and all that.

"life" interrupted today and I didn't have the chance to follow at all via tweets or here. Thanks to those who did update via tweets though, it sure helps when some of us can't follow along as things happen.

As for today's testimony, I just want to know one thing: will CN have opportunity to hear about this real estate agent booty call lady, before she has her opportunity to testify? I'm just wondering, if she (CN) never actually knew about her, but does now, how this might change a young woman's thoughts? You know, hell hath no fury... and all that.

CN's going to have to read about it in the paper, like SS did. What a great way to find out, if she doesn't already know.

Perhaps there's something I've missed, but my impression is the testimony of SS and LW won't count for much in terms of an eventual verdict, but the text messages they had with DM may, because taken together they show DM knew he had the Bosma truck, and his actions were attempts to hide that fact.

When you look at his text messages, they're pretty confused, he can't get his story straight. He tells SS he bought the truck from someone but can't take it back; he tells LW he's been set up by someone at work...

Perhaps there's something I've missed, but my impression is the testimony of SS and LW won't count for much in terms of an eventual verdict, but the text messages they had with DM may, because taken together they show DM knew he had the Bosma truck, and his actions were attempts to hide that fact.

When you look at his text messages, they're pretty confused, he can't get his story straight. He tells SS he bought the truck from someone but can't take it back; he tells LW he's been set up by someone at work...

And both together show a liar, looking to piece together a way out.

I'm thinking of going to the trial tomorrow. Haven't been before. Couple questions,
Can you bring your phone in with you?
Are you allowed to go in and out as you please?
What time should I get there for?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members