Bosma Murder Trial 03.22.16 - Day 25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"life" interrupted today and I didn't have the chance to follow at all via tweets or here. Thanks to those who did update via tweets though, it sure helps when some of us can't follow along as things happen.

As for today's testimony, I just want to know one thing: will CN have opportunity to hear about this real estate agent booty call lady, before she has her opportunity to testify? I'm just wondering, if she (CN) never actually knew about her, but does now, how this might change a young woman's thoughts? You know, hell hath no fury... and all that.
They might have had an "open" relationship. That's actually a thing.

I'm thinking of going to the trial tomorrow. Haven't been before. Couple questions,
Can you bring your phone in with you?
Are you allowed to go in and out as you please?
What time should I get there for? Thanks
Yes yes and I'd say 8:30am latest

ETA - Go up to the 6th floor, head to courtroom 600 and line up to get a seat. Enjoy.

I've finally read all the tweets and posts from today. Thank you to everyone who handled the tweets.:tyou:

I have nothing to add but gratitude to you all for your insights. Today's developments actually render me speechless! lol

All MOO.

An open relationship: it's okay if you have sex with other people, but when you need to hide evidence, call me.

This is a tad offensive, cheating and lying (and other 'bad behaviour') are not part an "open relationship". Open relationships have been around for ages and have no bearing on the case. IMO

This is a tad offensive, cheating and lying (and other 'bad behaviour') are not part an "open relationship". Open relationships have been around for ages and have no bearing on the case. IMO
How do you know he "cheated" or "lied" to any of these women?

I mean, I guess good on her for merely regarding him as a side-piece? I guess?

Interesting how shame and guilt can make one react when all judging eyes are on you. Maybe there are a few witness yet to be called, who are taking an online sneekie peek to see how the trial is playing out for other witnesses. I hope if that's the case, they are learning what not to say and do on the witness stand. ;) MOO.

Oh and just in case some witnesses find themselves in hot water and there ends up being perjury charges laid, I guess they would come after the verdict is in on TB's case? Or perhaps other charges such as: "Accessory after the fact, Withholding evidence, Evidence tampering, Aiding and abetting, Proceeds of crime, ect. Does anyone know off hand how charges against others might work? TIA and MOO.

BTW, just wanted to send a BIG thank you to Velma, Kamille, Snooper and all the other members who have dedicated their time to post tweets. Much appreciated! :blowkiss::tyou:

Perjury
131. (1) Subject to subsection (3), every one commits perjury who, with intent to mislead, makes before a person who is authorized by law to permit it to be made before him a false statement under oath or solemn affirmation, by affidavit, solemn declaration or deposition or orally, knowing that the statement is false.

Punishment
132. Every one who commits perjury is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadian_Criminal_Law/Offences/Perjury

"life" interrupted today and I didn't have the chance to follow at all via tweets or here. Thanks to those who did update via tweets though, it sure helps when some of us can't follow along as things happen.

As for today's testimony, I just want to know one thing: will CN have opportunity to hear about this real estate agent booty call lady, before she has her opportunity to testify? I'm just wondering, if she (CN) never actually knew about her, but does now, how this might change a young woman's thoughts? You know, hell hath no fury... and all that.

It appears that she did eventually speak to LE after her arrest so I'd have to believe that they've asked her what she knew about this woman. Maybe even showed her some texts that we didn't get to see? ;)

MOO

I don't know that he did and wasn't implying he did, nor am I trying to defend the accused in any way. "Hiding the evidence" is cheating and/or lying, IMO. Simply stating that any type of relationship shouldn't be judged negatively, this is 2016.

I do hope he wasn't in an open relationship so that CN (and possibly others) may be swayed not to cover anything up.

I don't know that he did and wasn't implying he did, nor am I trying to defend the accused in any way. "Hiding the evidence" is cheating and/or lying, IMO. Simply stating that any type of relationship shouldn't be judged negatively, this is 2016.

I do hope he wasn't in an open relationship so that CN (and possibly others) may be swayed not to cover anything up.

My post was ironic, which I realize doesn't always come across well on the internet. His relationship with CN was 'special' because of the 'special' things he shared with her, like the photo of the gun. (more irony).

I am not so sure I would be interested in a long term intimate/dating relationship with a guy once I found out he had one, two, three or more other women drooling down his neck and/or in his bed...but hey...that's just me. I suspect money might have been a motivator, while some may say looks and charm...but personally I'm just not seeing that. Have you every seen that boy walk? :giggle:

If it walks like a :chicken:, quacks like a :chicken:, it's probably a :chicken:. Sorry there's no duck smilie so I substituted a duck for a chicken. :D A leopard doesn't change its spots. Once a liar always a liar. Once a cheater always a cheater?

Confucius said, a woman who dates gambler, gets cheated on. He also said, a woman can humiliate any man by simply saying "hold my purse." Oops the second one might not fit DM. Or maybe Confucius didn't say these thing...OK so I just wanted to make a funny. :P

ALL MOO.

I suppose it's possible. Things that are a thing these days were never a thing in my day. But, I'm from another planet. ;)

I suppose we're from the same planet Mom. BTW, if you're heading back there any time soon, want to give me a lift please?! I miss my planet. MOO. :toast::abduction:

Do we know who Scotty is?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

The Oakville property was actually solely in JS's name. DM's quite a player. Quite a contrast between the two women, but IIRC, JS and DM had called off their engagement a year prior. IMO, it's still a bit awkward. More interesting is DM's condo closing issues coupled with his accounting problems. Obviously DM miscalculated how long it would take to get his hands on WM's money. Even though DM was WM's only child, it doesn't mean that WM's estate would automatically slide over to him. IMO, a complex estate like WM's could take up to a year to probate. DM really messed things up when he instantly laid everyone off and proceeded to cancel the MRO in February. His $125K a year income was now from a company that stood little chance of making any money and was no longer licensed to perform the MRO services it was built to do.

There was also a text message in concern to WM's accountants and a much needed engagement review.

http://www.cga-nb.org/en/public_services/find_a_cga_firm/audit_review_compilation.aspx

IMO, it's apparent that WM's accountants weren't playing ball with DM. The condo was suppose to close prior to April 25th- LW's texts an alarming message that they had just heard from the builder that the condo didn't close and DM tells her that everything is fine and it will be closing on April 26th- then he tells LW that a lot of accounting stuff had hit the fan and it wouldn't be closing until the following Tuesday or Wednesday (April 30, May 1)

Then a week later, on May 3rd, he says things didn't look good on Wednesday (May 1st) but now he had a couple of finance options available- on Monday May 6th, he texts her to tell her that he's finally paid for the condo.

For a guy who owned a 6-plex on Riverside, farm on Roseville Road, the house on Maple Gate along with the Woodbridge condo- well over 5 Million in real estate value, it's more than interesting that he was having problems with his financing. After all, he would have only needed half a mil or so. Further more, if he was having problems even after WM had died, I wonder how he expected to close the deal when he originally bought it? Why couldn't DM get a conventional mortgage?

So DM is in a financial mess but finally gets the deal closed- then he gets arrested and MB's immediately sends LW 10K? Well, hopefully the Real Estate Registrar isn't reading WS because LW's testimony today actually was a confession that she took a "secret commission". In Ontario it's a criminal offence for a licensee to accept money for real estate services that are not paid out from the Broker. Big big no no for Ms. LW and amazing that she made this confession in court today. (REBBA 2002,c 30, Sch C) MOO

They might have had an "open" relationship. That's actually a thing.

If you'll notice, all the people Millard befriended come from a much lower income bracket. I suspect that was a major part of Millard's appeal to these people, that he gave them access to a side of life that they otherwise would never see. So if Millard bangs his real estate agent occasionally, you put up with it. If Millard steals a truck, you put up with it. If Millard kills a few people...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me the saddest part about this whole case is that if SS hadn't made that comment about a diesel truck being a more practical option at the last Baja race, this crime wouldn't have happened. It wasn't even about the truck as Millard already had one, it was about the diesel. For what? To save a couple of hundred dollars in gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1